Downsizers - September 2020 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• azkunk
    azkunk Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Congratulations @draby2011 , @lindamtuck2018 & @Tazaria87 for being the Downsizers biggest losers!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 40,098 Member
    Options
    Awesome job @draby2011 for coming in 1st , @lindamtuck2018 for coming in 2nd and @Tazaria87 for coming in 3rd as the biggest losers this week for our amazing team ...Congrats ladies :)
  • azkunk
    Options
    Check-in for Saturday 9/12

Steps: 8179
    Calories: under
    Water: 90 oz
    Closed Ring Streak: 6 days

Well, the scale is up a couple more points today but I forgot my blood pressure medicine yesterday which is a mild diuretic. I have already take it today and hope to see a better number tomorrow. I did have a NSV last night. I was in my closet and saw some fall/ winter clothes that I could not wear last year because they were too tight or way too tight. I was surprised that I was able to fit in to all of them. This gives me a lot of hope and opens up my closet for when the cool weather arrives which won’t be until November. Who knows, maybe those clothes will be too big by then.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    azkunk wrote: »

Well, the scale is up a couple more points today but I forgot my blood pressure medicine yesterday which is a mild diuretic. I have already take it today and hope to see a better number tomorrow. I did have a NSV last night. I was in my closet and saw some fall/ winter clothes that I could not wear last year because they were too tight or way too tight. I was surprised that I was able to fit in to all of them. This gives me a lot of hope and opens up my closet for when the cool weather arrives which won’t be until November. Who knows, maybe those clothes will be too big by then.

Awesome NSV...Congrats :) .... I am looking forward to when I can fit into my smaller clothes
  • azkunk
    Options
    Awesome NSV...Congrats :) .... I am looking forward to when I can fit into my smaller clothes

I got rid of a most of my smaller clothes when I moved in June. I only kept one size lower with the exception of a few items that I love. I figured if I lose enough for those to be too big than I deserved some new things. 😁
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options

I got rid of a most of my smaller clothes when I moved in June. I only kept one size lower with the exception of a few items that I love. I figured if I lose enough for those to be too big than I deserved some new things. 😁

Yeah I donated a lot of my clothes but I kept the really cute things ...Yes you deserve new things ..you are doing awesome :)
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    :star:The Green Challenge :star: Percentage of people who lost weight this week. No matter how small the loss the weights are recorded in green. Remember slow and steady wins the race! B)

3yv8hcuhp40d.png
  • ScorpioGirl70
    ScorpioGirl70 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Scorpiogirl70
    Weigh in Day is Monday

New Week.. tweeked my goals to fit in better with what is going on in my life at this time.

Treadmill 1 mile 5x week --- NO
    Water (60 oz) -- 24 OZ -NOPE
    Workout 3x week -- nope
    Extra Workouts for the week -- nope
    2000 steps -- 2130 steps today
    Logged all food/drink -- yes
  • mszoueb
    mszoueb Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Hi All,

Here for Monday weigh in. I haven't had a good week this week with food or exercise so I shouldn't be surprised that the scales have went up with having take away (takeout) on Saturday so have rocketed back up again. I know I need to try and refocus as I've noticed some habits creep back in with my eating and less exercise. I was seemingly doing well having the odd thing food wise here and there but I just need to be aware of cals in vs out more so it doesn't bite me longterm.

A few days ago I was between 250.4/250.6 but this morning I stepped on at 251.4. I kinda dropped scales the other day when stepping on.. it was amusing seeing them throw a reading of 244.something I was like ooo that would be good! but then went to 250.6.

I know this week I need to keep a closer watch on what I'm eating so I don't overeat, I don't count calories exactly but I look at package (if it is) and add up that way. I probably could count everything but I feel it would lead me to become more obsessive and I don't particularly want to get like that over every bite of food.

Hoping to be under 250 by the end of the month, fingers crossed I can do it. Hormones take a step back until next month for this please haha!

CW: 251.4
  • Piqueaboo
    Piqueaboo Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    Piqueaboo wrote: »
    Username: piqueaboo
    Weigh In Day: Sunday
    PW (Previous Weight): 200.6lbs
    CW (Current Weight): 201lbs
    LTD (Loss to Date): 47lbs

I'm having serious issues with my Fitbit, it's not synched in five days so I don't have my step count, unfortunately. I'll keep trying and will post it once the synch works again!

My Fitbit finally updated!

Sunday: 8 709
    Monday: 8 357
    Tuesday: 7 540
    Wednesday: 9 594
    Thursday: 6 051
    Friday: 6 773
    Saturday: 11 141
    Sunday: 11 761

Sorry for the delay, not sure if the bug is in the band or on the phone!
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,521 Member
    Options
    Piqueaboo wrote: »
    Username: piqueaboo
    Weigh In Day: Sunday
    PW (Previous Weight): 200.6lbs
    CW (Current Weight): 201lbs
    LTD (Loss to Date): 47lbs

I'm having serious issues with my Fitbit, it's not synched in five days so I don't have my step count, unfortunately. I'll keep trying and will post it once the synch works again!

Sometimes Fitbit can be as wacky as MFP!

dabbers18 wrote: »
    Hi everyone hope you are all well.
    PW....220
    CW....219.4
    LOSS......0.6
    STEPS.....44,513
    INCHES LOSS.....-1
    Overall I'm happy as I've upped my steps by5,292, lost another inch and lost half a pound. Not much I know but it's a loss.
    I'm now in Scotland for a week so hoping to see a massive increase in steps this week.
    Good luck all ❤❤

Congrats on the loss I. Both weight and inches. Enjoy Scotland!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Congratulations @draby2011 , @lindamtuck2018 & @Tazaria87 for being the Downsizers biggest losers!
    Awesome job @draby2011 for coming in 1st , @lindamtuck2018 for coming in 2nd and @Tazaria87 for coming in 3rd as the biggest losers this week for our amazing team ...Congrats ladies :)

Thanks!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options

That is a great NSV! It is funny how many things can affect the scale.

Scorpiogirl70
    Weigh in Day is Monday

New Week.. tweeked my goals to fit in better with what is going on in my life at this time.

Treadmill 1 mile 5x week --- NO
    Water (60 oz) -- 24 OZ -NOPE
    Workout 3x week -- nope
    Extra Workouts for the week -- nope
    2000 steps -- 2130 steps today
    Logged all food/drink -- yes

Keep working on your goals! You have the rest of the week to meet the ones that are done several times a week.

mszoueb wrote: »
    Hi All,

Here for Monday weigh in. I haven't had a good week this week with food or exercise so I shouldn't be surprised that the scales have went up with having take away (takeout) on Saturday so have rocketed back up again. I know I need to try and refocus as I've noticed some habits creep back in with my eating and less exercise. I was seemingly doing well having the odd thing food wise here and there but I just need to be aware of cals in vs out more so it doesn't bite me longterm.

A few days ago I was between 250.4/250.6 but this morning I stepped on at 251.4. I kinda dropped scales the other day when stepping on.. it was amusing seeing them throw a reading of 244.something I was like ooo that would be good! but then went to 250.6.

I know this week I need to keep a closer watch on what I'm eating so I don't overeat, I don't count calories exactly but I look at package (if it is) and add up that way. I probably could count everything but I feel it would lead me to become more obsessive and I don't particularly want to get like that over every bite of food.

Hoping to be under 250 by the end of the month, fingers crossed I can do it. Hormones take a step back until next month for this please haha!

CW: 251.4

Takeout always causes a jump in the scale for me due to the sodium. Drink lots of water the next few days and it will help wash the sodium out of your body. Everyone has their own way to lose weight and your method is perfect. Those darn hormones!

• lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Sunday’s check in
    Calories: over slightly
    Exercise: none
    Water: ✅
    Steps: 2,427
    DBF: 6

My weight is up 2 pounds after yesterday. I am not surprised due to the salt meat. Even with all the soaking it was a bit salty. It is not something we will be having very often and in a few days I should see the water weight drop off.

I am going for a walk as soon as I get my physio exercises done. It is starting to cool off here and I am loving it.

Have a great start to the week!

Today’s goals
    1. No binge eating
    2. Minimum 20 minute walk
    3. Bed by 10:30 pm
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Question of the day!

What tips do you have for getting all your water in daily? This will help other team members and who knows you may get a few ideas from others.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Question of the day!

What tips do you have for getting all your water in daily? This will help other team members and who knows you may get a few ideas from others.

I have a 24 ounce cup with a straw ...when I 1st wake up I fill it with ice and water ...through out the day I fill it often ... I like putting lemon or lime or orange slices in my water ...also if you drink coffee or tea you can also count that as water .... I drink 120 oz of water a day ... I have always been a water drinker :) ...I have one of those infusers where you put fruit in the middle of this carafe and you put water in the carafe and put it in the fridge .
  • Tazaria87
    Tazaria87 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Sorry, I went a little MIA yesterday on accident! I came and read posts but forgot to make my own cuz I got busy. We are having a family only bday party for my son tonight so I was making his cake yesterday. He wants a pokemon party so that's what we are doing. The weather was nice this weekend so I got outside for a good walk on Saturday. No formal exercise yesterday, but still tracked food and did well, was just busy.
    Steps
    9-12 10355
    9-13 4645
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    I am on a pork kick today .... I have a pork roast in the crockpot for carnitas tonight ...and I just put in pork country ribs in the oven for lunch today .... I will be making sausage and egg stuffed in Portabello mushroom caps ...I will be making sausage , spinach stuffed baby mushrooms ...and other things ...if I don't meal prep then I get off course

Got my workout done for the day ....will be cleaning later on ...I feel productive today ...I hope everyone else is having a good day :)
  • 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday!

I also couldn't get into the community for several days-so here's my update:

Thursday Weigh Day
    CW: 254.6
    PW: 255.0

Steps:
    9/9 16,013
    9/10 9,734
    9/11 15,048
    9/12 5,459
    9/13 4,626

My gym is still closed and for the last three weeks we have had horrible air quality from fires in the area. I haven't been working out or eating like I should😞.

Goals for this week:
    Get the garage cleaned out so I have space to work out at home! ...And then actually work out at home!

Track the food--all of it--not just the good days.

Meditate a minimum of 5 minutes each day.

Comit to some consistency. If I consistently lost 1-2 pounds a week, I'd be 15-30 pounds lighter by Christmas...hmmm.

Have a great day!
This discussion has been closed.