Downsizers - September 2020 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,521 Member
    Options
    Well I have decided to go back to weighing myself weekly .... I am beyond frustrated and ready to give up ....I bought the new wifi scale and downloaded the apps to watch the weight loss trend when I 1st got the new scale...as of this morning I have deleted the apps off of my phone ... I am not sure what I am doing wrong .... I measure everything that goes into my mouth .... I am working out 5 days a week .... I drink 120 oz of water ...I am a big person so I should be losing ....I will not give up but I sure feel like it ...I know that weight loss in not linear but jeeez losing and gaining the same lbs is incredible frustrating ...sorry for the rant .... it is just one of those days ughhh

When you say measure everything do you use a food scale? I know if I don’t weigh everything my estimates can be way off. Personally, I am a firm believer in the food scale. A measuring cup is ok but depending on how you level it the amount can change every time. Something else you can try is switching to the mfp way of calculating calories. I know you don’t like it but it is worth a try. I would then only eat back half of my exercise calories until you see how the weight loss goes.

azkunk wrote: »
    Check-in for Monday, 9/14

Steps: 7,889
    Calories: under
    Water: 104
    Closed Ring Streak: 8 days

I scale is showing a loss today🥳 Hope it keeps going in the right direction

Glad that things are moving back down again. My weight dropped this morning too so I am hoping I am losing that water bloat.

Hi all
    Pw 235.9
    Cw: 237.9

Rough week. Excessive Comfort eating at night .
    Hope everyone is ok.

Hang in there! I know how tough that night eating can be. I fight those demons every night. I was in bed by 9:30 last night to stop eating.

jenmurphy3 wrote: »
    Weight-233.4
    Steps:
    Mon. Sept. 7 - 5,161
    Tues. Sept. 8 - 7,111
    Wed. Sept. 9 - 9,914
    Thurs. Sept. 10 - 7,140
    Fri. Sept. 11 - 6,185
    Sat. Sept. 12 - 6,490
    Sun. Sept. 13 - 7,718
    Mon. Sept. 14 - 5,382

Congrats on your loss! Keep up the stepping!

draby2011 wrote: »
    Steps for today: 7,451

Another amazing gym session today and now getting ready for work tomorrow. I got my girls room cleaned and rearranged all their furniture. Their AC went out so I sweat like crazy today!

My trainer rescheduled me because I was late due to traffic which wasn't a big deal so I kicked my own butt on the elliptical today. He encouraged me to increase my protein to 100g per day. So today I got to 98g and was very happy with that.

I hope everyone is doing well and I will see ya'll tomorrow!

You are an inspiration with those gym sessions! What did you have to get your protein up?
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Tuesday’s check in
    Exercise: 37 minute walk
    Water: ✅
    Steps: 8,189
    DBF: 8

I feel better today. I had some of the water weight drop, my doctors appointment went well yesterday and my ultrasounds of my legs are booked. One of them is being done in three weeks and the other a few days after that. Hopefully I will have some answers soon.

I had a nice day with my granddaughter yesterday and we got a walk in. I am waiting on a package today so I may have to walk inside. The courier company that is delivering it trucks have no logos otherwise I would go walk the parking lot and watch for them. We have a huge lot and there’s a big hill coming up to the building so I get a nice workout walking it.

Happy hump day!

Today’s goals
    1. No binge eating
    2. Minimum 20 minute walk
    3. Bed by 10:30 pm
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 40,123 Member
    Options
    Morning Linda .... I use a food scale to measure everything that goes in my mouth .... I was using MFP method for a long time ...I switched to the TDEE method about 3 months ago ....I am stumped on why I am not losing ...I will continue to do what I am doing ...and only weigh in on Friday's ...every month I change my workout so October I will be doing Zumba and beginners Yoga .... Right now I am doing aerobics and walking with Leslie Sansone to her party hits ... I switch between the 2 every other day so 1 week I will do aerobics 3 days a week and walking 2 ..then the following week it will be 3 walking days and 2 aerobics ...

Glad you are feeling better today..glad you lost some water weight ... happy to know your appointment yesterday went well and that your ultrasounds of your legs are booked ...I hope you get answers soon ...Happy Hump Day :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Just a friendly reminder ... I need the following steps from these people ... Please update as soon as you can :)

@AmyG1982 I need 9/12-9/15
    @Colleen1018 I am not sure if you are still in the challenge if you are please update
    @cesse47 I need 9/13-9/15
    @fictionreader91 I am also not sure if you are still in the step challenge if so please update
    @onward1 I am also unsure if you are still in the step challenge if so please update
    @Piqueaboo I need 9/14-9/15
    @Marigorringo I need 9/12-9/15
    @Tazaria87 I need 9/14-9/15
    @888Angie888 I need 9/15
    @jenmurphy3 I need 9/15

Thanks for your cooperation :)
  • draby2011
    draby2011 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Well I have decided to go back to weighing myself weekly .... I am beyond frustrated and ready to give up ....I bought the new wifi scale and downloaded the apps to watch the weight loss trend when I 1st got the new scale...as of this morning I have deleted the apps off of my phone ... I am not sure what I am doing wrong .... I measure everything that goes into my mouth .... I am working out 5 days a week .... I drink 120 oz of water ...I am a big person so I should be losing ....I will not give up but I sure feel like it ...I know that weight loss in not linear but jeeez losing and gaining the same lbs is incredible frustrating ...sorry for the rant .... it is just one of those days ughhh

When you say measure everything do you use a food scale? I know if I don’t weigh everything my estimates can be way off. Personally, I am a firm believer in the food scale. A measuring cup is ok but depending on how you level it the amount can change every time. Something else you can try is switching to the mfp way of calculating calories. I know you don’t like it but it is worth a try. I would then only eat back half of my exercise calories until you see how the weight loss goes.

Glad that things are moving back down again. My weight dropped this morning too so I am hoping I am losing that water bloat.

Hi all
    Pw 235.9

Hope everyone is ok.

Hang in there! I know how tough that night eating can be. I fight those demons every night. I was in bed by 9:30 last night to stop eating.

Weight-233.4
    Steps:
    Mon. Sept. 7 - 5,161
    Tues. Sept. 8 - 7,111
    Wed. Sept. 9 - 9,914
    Thurs. Sept. 10 - 7,140
    Fri. Sept. 11 - 6,185
    Sat. Sept. 12 - 6,490
    Sun. Sept. 13 - 7,718
    Mon. Sept. 14 - 5,382

Another amazing gym session today and now getting ready for work tomorrow. I got my girls room cleaned and rearranged all their furniture. Their AC went out so I sweat like crazy today!

My trainer rescheduled me because I was late due to traffic which wasn't a big deal so I kicked my own butt on the elliptical today. He encouraged me to increase my protein to 100g per day. So today I got to 98g and was very happy with that.

You are an inspiration with those gym sessions! What did you have to get your protein up?

❤ I had an extra protein shake, cottage cheese, and chicken breasts.
  • TracyKlaft1
    TracyKlaft1 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    TracyKlaft1
    Weigh In Day Tuesday
    BW 168
    PW 167.5
    CW 167
    LTD 1

My weight loss is going slow but at least I'm losing. I think the tracking and lifting weights is really helping. I've also been trying some new recipes like turkey burgers and chicken caesar
    wraps using lettuce instead of tortillas. Hope everyone else is having a great week.
  • AmyG1982
    AmyG1982 Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    Sorry, here are my steps. I threw out my back on the weekend so kinda forgot to log stuff lol

9/12 7,248
    9/13 7,085
    9/14 9,995 (wow, coulda taken those extra 5 steps pretty easily lol)
    9/15 9,025

Been back in the office so getting some decent steps in even tho I’m not moving as much as usual
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    AmyG1982 wrote: »
    Sorry, here are my steps. I threw out my back on the weekend so kinda forgot to log stuff lol

9/12 7,248
    9/13 7,085
    9/15 9,025

Been back in the office so getting some decent steps in even tho I’m not moving as much as usual

Sorry you threw your back out..I hope you are feeling better ...and thank you for updating your steps...greatly appreciated :)
  • 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Steps 9/15: 16,545
  • ScorpioGirl70
    ScorpioGirl70 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Scorpiogirl70
    Weigh in Day is Monday

2000 steps -- 3752 steps today
    I am using the goal sheet for my goals.
    Decided to just do that and only record my steps on here unless I find I am failing in an area to keep me accountable.
  • azkunk
    azkunk Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Check-in for Tuesday, 9/15

Steps: 9,574
    Water: 104oz
    Closed Ring Streak: 9 days

Today was super busy and I think I may have gone over with the sodium today. The scale did show a new low today, hope it sticks for Friday.
  • Z10Rtza
    Z10Rtza Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Good morning!
    Finally I'm starting to feel better from my cold. Today I even managed to sleep.
    I returned my Samsung Galaxy Fit so they could repair it, because it wasn't charging and they send it back to me with the battery completely full. Two days later battery was ot and unable to charge again :( I don't know what am I going to do with it, because is not working and I must say that having that tool helps me a lot to get up and walk. In adition, whenever I'm not wearing it, I forget to pick my phone and count my steps.
    With that said:
    12 5.046 steps
    13 9.304 steps
    14 6.693 steps
    15 10.079 steps
    16 17.566 steps

Is any of you having a Samsung Galaxy Fit? Do you have problems with th charging? What do you think I should do? How do you count your steps?
  • Z10Rtza
    Z10Rtza Posts: 450 Member
    Options

I read 9.995 and I just thought that
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options

Hi all
    Pw 235.9

Hope everyone is ok.

Weight-233.4
    Steps:
    Mon. Sept. 7 - 5,161
    Tues. Sept. 8 - 7,111
    Wed. Sept. 9 - 9,914
    Thurs. Sept. 10 - 7,140
    Fri. Sept. 11 - 6,185
    Sat. Sept. 12 - 6,490
    Sun. Sept. 13 - 7,718
    Mon. Sept. 14 - 5,382

❤ I had an extra protein shake, cottage cheese, and chicken breasts.

Great choices! I used to drink protein shakes a lot. I really only like one kind: chocolate protein powder, banana and diet cranberry juice. I should get back to incorporating them in my day.

TracyKlaft1
    Weigh In Day Tuesday
    BW 168
    PW 167.5
    CW 167
    LTD 1

My weight loss is going slow but at least I'm losing. I think the tracking and lifting weights is really helping. I've also been trying some new recipes like turkey burgers and chicken caesar
    wraps using lettuce instead of tortillas. Hope everyone else is having a great week.

Every bit counts. Keep up what you are doing. A half a pound loss a week adds up to 26 pounds in a year.

9/12 7,248
    9/13 7,085
    9/15 9,025

Sorry about your back! Great steps!

Scorpiogirl70
    Weigh in Day is Monday

2000 steps -- 3752 steps today
    I am using the goal sheet for my goals.
    Decided to just do that and only record my steps on here unless I find I am failing in an area to keep me accountable.

Good for you on using the habit tracker! We have to use whatever tools keep us motivated.

Check-in for Tuesday, 9/15

Steps: 9,574
    Water: 104oz
    Closed Ring Streak: 9 days

Today was super busy and I think I may have gone over with the sodium today. The scale did show a new low today, hope it sticks for Friday.

Great job on the low! I did well onthe sodium but unfortunately got into the bread!
    Good morning!
    Finally I'm starting to feel better from my cold. Today I even managed to sleep.
    I returned my Samsung Galaxy Fit so they could repair it, because it wasn't charging and they send it back to me with the battery completely full. Two days later battery was ot and unable to charge again :( I don't know what am I going to do with it, because is not working and I must say that having that tool helps me a lot to get up and walk. In adition, whenever I'm not wearing it, I forget to pick my phone and count my steps.
    With that said:
    12 5.046 steps
    13 9.304 steps
    14 6.693 steps
    15 10.079 steps
    16 17.566 steps

Is any of you having a Samsung Galaxy Fit? Do you have problems with th charging? What do you think I should do? How do you count your steps?

Glad you are feeling better! I get you in that it is a great tool as I would be lost without my Fitbit. I don’t have that model but I would contact them again. The other thing is could it be you charger that is not working?
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Wednesday’s check in
    Calories: over
    Exercise: 15 minute walk
    Water: ✅
    Steps: 5,974
    DBF: 0

I don’t know what happened but I binged. I did have a nice streak going. I am going to put it behind me and start again. I know the binges are affecting my weight loss. In the last year I have lost a total of 12 pounds. But I know if I didn’t keep getting up and trying every day I would have put on the 62 pounds I have lost and more. So the moral of the story is everyone loses at different rates for a variety of reasons. I am going to accept that the last year has been a struggle between medications promoting weight gain, binges and the overall stress of COVID-19.

Happy Thursday!

Today’s goals
    1. No binge eating
    2. Minimum 20 minute walk
    3. Bed by 10:30 pm
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    j51rqcrid1ke.jpeg
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    9/6-9/12 WEEK 2 TOP STEPPERS ARE:

1st @Marigorringo - 100,637
    2nd @mari_moulin - 98,982
    3rd @Megan_smartiepants1970 - 97,090

CONGRATS LADIES :)
  • 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Thursday Weigh Day

CW: 253.6
    PW: 254.6

Thanks @lindamtuck2018 for the suggestion to look at overall averages to maintain consistentcy. Maybe that will keep me from having one off day turn into five.
This discussion has been closed.