Week 4
    Thursday
    Pw 194.2
    Cw 193.2
  • Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Wednesday check in
    I had a good day yesterday and ate on plan. As the weather cools, I am thinking about starting up some short runs again. I have not been missing it but am starting to again now that the weather is kind of great for it (I don’t like running in the summer heat). My closet edit is going well and I will be done this weekend. I have around 4 bags of too big and.or just don’t like. I am also working on a minor wardrobe rebuild, having to buy some transitional items until I get to goal. Have been rediscovering some favorites too, which is nice. Will post a photo on that in a bit. I just binge watched the Home Edit on Netflix. I love home organization and also Marie Kondo, but for whatever reason, I was not loving the Home Edit show. It just felt like they let people keep a lot of clutter and put it in bins for them in a way that is probably not easy to maintain. They do make rooms & closets look pretty though!

@minstrelofsarcasm - Maintain, lose or gain, you are doing great! 700 rides is just beyond impressive!

• Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    During my closet edit, I rediscovered some very cute leather leggings that fit great again! I have them in black and in dark burgundy. I wore the black ones to my husband’s celebration this past weekend (with a warm sweater as it was chilly outside in the evening). I love all kinds of clothes and enjoying them is a nice side benefit to weight loss. Photo in the spoiler.
    mn1528w5gj79.jpeg
  • 1theresamcvean
    1theresamcvean Posts: 927 Member
    Options
    sleepymom5 wrote: »
    Sleepymom5
    Thursday(for this week)
    PW-200
    CW-198.6

Great work, Pam! You did really well this summer with so much entertaining. I would have loved to join you for a kayak or bike ride. One day that border will open up.
  • 1theresamcvean
    Options
    Cafelelia wrote: »
    During my closet edit, I rediscovered some very cute leather leggings that fit great again! I have them in black and in dark burgundy. I wore the black ones to my husband’s celebration this past weekend (with a warm sweater as it was chilly outside in the evening). I love all kinds of clothes and enjoying them is a nice side benefit to weight loss. Photo in the spoiler.
    mn1528w5gj79.jpeg

Looking good, Lisa!!
  • 1theresamcvean
    Options
    ljdanny wrote: »
    Ljdanny
    Week 4
    Thursday
    Pw 194.2
    Cw 193.2

Yay!! That must feel good.
  • lennoncpa
    lennoncpa Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Hello and happy Thursday team. So I’ve been on a mission this week to get in 80 ounces of water a day! My body isn’t used to it so I’m running to the bathroom constantly. Hopefully I’ll get more efficient as my body says “hey - I like to have all this water going through me!” Obviously what goes in must come out, but maybe not every 10 minutes!!! Lol

How are you guys on drinking your water?
  • lennoncpa
    lennoncpa Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    @Cafelelia i love your photo and the pants look great on you! I didn’t realize this page had that “spoiler “ feature. That’s awesome!! Plus it’s great that you like organizing your home! I like things organized but it takes me some motivation to get going on it. For instance, my garbage disposal broke this week so I organized the junk under my sink! Obviously the motivation was that I had to pull out all the crap so that the new garbage disposal could be installed!!
  • kandi3570
    kandi3570 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Thursday check in. I made my variation of southwestern turkey soup again. It’s delicious. I also got lots of steps today. And I’m tired so I’m not doing a lot extra tonight. I’m going to clean up the kitchen and plant my but on the couch. I’m at 13800 steps not enough calories so maybe I’ll have some peanut butter with an apple later. Omg @1theresamcvean chocolate hummus. I have to try this! But not today. Lol @Cafelelia it’s wonderful that you found old clothes that you got back into. And you looked really nice. @lennoncpa I allow myself 2 cups of coffee and one diet pop per day. I definitely don’t get 80 ounces of water but I probably push 50 in the two to 3 tumblers that I drink. It’s mostly flavored and I know I should just drink water but at least I’m drinking it if it is flavored. I really like the great value strawberry watermelon. I always have a pitcher in the fridge. It’s helped quite a lot. If not I will fall back into Mountain Dew and that’s exactly why I need to lose weight. Lol. I don’t think I ever ate too bad.
  • tryingagain5
    tryingagain5 Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    @1theresamcvean
    Thanks! Back is still an issue. Yes, I think I probably do that too. Just stand or walk differently is probably causing part of the issue.

I'm pretty behind on posts but remember reading that you weren't feeling well a few days ago and that you were going to get a covid test. I don't remember seeing an updated post ( it was probably there). I hope you are feeling better.
  • tryingagain5
    Options
    @1theresamcvean
    Yes, it's nice having a trainer who is able to modify the exercises for me so I still get in a good workout even with having some pain.

I love having dogs around too. I'm not home enough to have my own but I love my neighbor's dogs as if they were my own. A couple neighbors were out with their dogs as I was leaving for work. I stop and get our of my car to pet them. They actually get upset if I don't stop and give them some attention. They have me well trained.😉😊
  • tryingagain5
    Options
    @kandi3570
    Thanks! Still a bit of an issue with my back but at least I'm still doing ok.
  • tryingagain5
    Options
    Thursday 9/24
    Food: good
    Water: 40 oz
    Exercise: 40 minutes

I worked with my trainer today. 30 minute session and 10 minutes warmup on the treadmill.

Took a quick nap after supper and am starting work at 8:30 tonight. It sounded good on Monday when my boss came around and asked if we wanted any extra OT this week. It will be nice on the paycheck but it does kind of cut into other things. Good think we can pick and choose how much OT during the week.
  • pacsnc6
    pacsnc6 Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    pacsnc6
    Thursday weigh in
    week 4?
    pw 159?
    cw 161
  • mainebeachbum
    mainebeachbum Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Thursday check in
    Steps 8660
    Water 64 oz
    Walk 21 minutes
    No prelog- weekend is here
  • xX_PhoenixRising_Xx
    Options
    melaniedscott
    Week 3
    PW: 213
    CW: 213

Well, at least it is a maintain! Might actually be a slight loss, have some substantial muscle soreness from gardening. Went after the weedy flower bed and now I'm stiff, sore and have blister(s?) on my fingers.

On the vertigo front, not much has changed. They found nothing on the MRI. I'm pretty pissed at the ENT...he seems very disinterested in actually figuring out what's going on. He's decided the vertigo is a new migraine symptom (never mind that the severity increased in conjunction with hearing loss, ear pain and tinnitus) and I should see a neurologist. To be fair, after 5 years of migraine silence, I've had 4 since the beginning of July (that's not terrible, before I sometimes had twice that in a month) but who wants to be fair? He says it is either migraine related or Meniere's (which I didn't want to hear, luckily, I'm mostly deaf in that ear!) but doesn't seem motivated to figure it out or try to treat it. But the ear stuff started in Jan. I don't like being half deaf. But I'll stop whining now.

I'm glad things are generally going well for everyone. I read the posts, I just don't have the time to comment much. I saw the words dark...chocolate...hummus...yum. Love that stuff.

@kandi3570 You buying your mom a fifth reminded me of my gran toting around a fifth of brandy when she travelled (she didn't think we knew). Don't know why...but made me laugh. Mmmm pineapple upside down...have not had that in years.

Melanie, I really hear you on the Meniere's front. I'm here for you if that's what it is. Kristy @xX_PhoenixRising_Xx is good support on the migraine front. You've got a good attitude so stay strong. These things take about two years to accurately diagnose.

Thanks, Theresa!

The migraines I can handle...dealt with them for...27 yrs before the vanished for 5 years. Having them resurface after 5 lovely no migraine years wasn't surprising, just disappointing. I was deliberately being hopeful they'd be gone forever. What's the poem? Nothing good can stay?

It's the ears that are really a pain. Hard to caption videos when the world won't stop spinning and you can't hear anything but ringing...

This is annual crazy time at work (schools reporting enrollment for funding and such...I teach school staff how to report and do troubleshooting for errors and reading reports from the application) so I'm just going to dig in and get Sept & Oct over with and then I'll consider looking at finding an ENT who is interested in figuring out what is up.

I wish my migraines would vanish, but I've only been getting them for 7 years. I have permanent migraine pain if I'm not on meds. I've had a migraine every week this month so far. I also get ringing in my ears and horrible dizziness and spinning but they can't find an exact reason for that. They've put it down to side effects of meds, but I also get orthostatic hypotension, have low blood pressure anyway, and my resting heart rate is prone to dropping low very quickly if I am regularly exercising. Right now it's in the low 50s, but when I was at my lowest/fittest it was around 40. Which, while at "elite athlete" level, was not the best for me. I wasn't an elite athlete, just training a lot and blacked out a number of times causing injury.

Anyway, I'm with you that the spinning and dizziness sucks.

I never used to think that my migraines had food triggers, but over time I realised that some foods will trigger or contribute to me feeling worse. I came to the conclusion last night that I've let my diet slip too far and I need to clean it up again. Less sugar, less processed foods.
  • brown6267
    brown6267 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    09/24 steps 8483
This discussion has been closed.