Share Your Day

Options

Replies

• bmeadows380
    bmeadows380 Posts: 2,981 Member
    Options
    This might be consider TMO, but TOM finally showed up today so hopefully the munchies I've been fighting will abate now! And I've been dropping water today like crazy (I know, even more TMO lol) so lets keep our fingers crossed that the scale shows it tomorrow?

I blame a lot of the water weight on the ham I had in that soup this week, and I ate on that soup 3 days.

I did get a 7 mile walk in tonight and another great thing I love about autumn weather - its so much cooler that I was able to walk faster than normal; I got my speed up to 3.57 mph this evening! I was super happy about that!

And that nice walk, since I decided to go ahead and count all 120 minutes of it considering TOM and such, even by counting the gummy worms I took along, puts me back in the green tonight with some extra to spare for dessert!
  • AlexandraFindsHerself1971
    Options
    It's been a slower day but I did get a lot of organizing done and worked on the bookcase. As we all know, gluing is five minutes of activity and then four hours of letting the glue dry, so that's going to be a multi-day project. Am also reinforcing with screws because I don't trust those dowels when loaded.

We had a frustrating time with the new chainsaw;the chain keeps coming off the blade. So we're going to take it back tomorrow and get a new one. I also want to see if I can get another couple bar clamps and speed things up a bit on the bookcase. I also need to get my own eye protection for the chainsaw work.

I'm contemplating a diet break and me being me, I'm not sitting here thinking of all the stuff I would get to eat, nearly as much as I'm thinking, "How can I add in 500 extra calories a day in a way that I won't miss badly when I go back to the regular diet?" Right now I'm thinking baked goods, because I'm usually okay once I'm out of my lemon-poppyseed bread or out of the snickerdoodles, but I have to be careful because I don't want to start a habit of snacking at a different time than I usually do, or always eating dessert, because I would miss that when I stopped the break. I don't want to just increase quantities because that would mean I'd have to go back to smaller and that would be hard.
  • gewel321
    gewel321 Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    I’m exhausted. It feels like 1am not 8:30 pm. Started my day at 6:30 this morning. Went to my exercise class, came home and cooked an entire taco bar including cutting up all the veggies and making cheese dip. Baked and decorated a Minecraft cookie cake and set up the water slide bounce house. Then hosted a party with his closest friends (his best friend has a rare autoimmune disorder so we only allowed him to invite 2 other friends). After the 2 friends left (not bestie they always spend the night for birthdays) I cleaned the back yard and my whole kitchen, did 3 loads of towels, then built a big bonfire and roasted s’mores. Boys are now playing Nintendo and I’m just sitting on the porch unable to move. I know my son had a blast but this momma is tired!
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Options
    Gewel321 what a good mom you are and you will both remember today forever!
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,415 Member
    Options
    Got up at a reasonable hour, had a cup of coffee and got the pork Loin marinating, then went to the farmer's market with my 16yo daughter. Founds a few things. On to the blood donation place as my daughter wanted to try to donate. Long wait, poor kid was ultimately unsuccessful. Home for brunch: 2 fresh eggs and half a Keto bagel with onion and Chive cream cheese and Everything bagel seasoning. Then helped my husband with an office project briefly before heading back out to Walmart with same daughter for a couple items, then Kohls to make a return. Quick stop at Starbucks (order ahead, whoo), then dropped the kid off at the soccer fields to watch some friends play. Home again, spent about 30 minutes on the office project with the husband, then took my 15yo with her brand new permit out to the stadium parking lot for some driving. Spent most of an hour on that, then home again. Had half a cinnamon roll and made another cup of coffee. Older daughter was home then; she, husband and I played a couple games of Catan, then she went for a walk and I worked on dinner: pork Loin in a soy-Dijon marinade, Roasted broccoli and a packet of instant mashed potatoes. We had a nice dinner (17yo son joined us, he was at a XC meet until 2pm), then got everything cleaned up and we've been chilling since. Watching Stanley cup finals and also VT football game. Enjoying a diet A&W Rootbeer with vanilla vodka.
  • deafenbaugh
    deafenbaugh Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    gewel321 wrote: »
    I’m exhausted. It feels like 1am not 8:30 pm. Started my day at 6:30 this morning. Went to my exercise class, came home and cooked an entire taco bar including cutting up all the veggies and making cheese dip. Baked and decorated a Minecraft cookie cake and set up the water slide bounce house. Then hosted a party with his closest friends (his best friend has a rare autoimmune disorder so we only allowed him to invite 2 other friends). After the 2 friends left (not bestie they always spend the night for birthdays) I cleaned the back yard and my whole kitchen, did 3 loads of towels, then built a big bonfire and roasted s’mores. Boys are now playing Nintendo and I’m just sitting on the porch unable to move. I know my son had a blast but this momma is tired!

I'm tired just reading your post :)
    Luann
  • deafenbaugh
    deafenbaugh Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Got up at a reasonable hour, had a cup of coffee and got the pork Loin marinating, then went to the farmer's market with my 16yo daughter. Founds a few things. On to the blood donation place as my daughter wanted to try to donate. Long wait, poor kid was ultimately unsuccessful. Home for brunch: 2 fresh eggs and half a Keto bagel with onion and Chive cream cheese and Everything bagel seasoning. Then helped my husband with an office project briefly before heading back out to Walmart with same daughter for a couple items, then Kohls to make a return. Quick stop at Starbucks (order ahead, whoo), then dropped the kid off at the soccer fields to watch some friends play. Home again, spent about 30 minutes on the office project with the husband, then took my 15yo with her brand new permit out to the stadium parking lot for some driving. Spent most of an hour on that, then home again. Had half a cinnamon roll and made another cup of coffee. Older daughter was home then; she, husband and I played a couple games of Catan, then she went for a walk and I worked on dinner: pork Loin in a soy-Dijon marinade, Roasted broccoli and a packet of instant mashed potatoes. We had a nice dinner (17yo son joined us, he was at a XC meet until 2pm), then got everything cleaned up and we've been chilling since. Watching Stanley cup finals and also VT football game. Enjoying a diet A&W Rootbeer with vanilla vodka.

How do you make your soy-Dijon marinade if you wouldn't mind sharing. I have one thawed in the refrigerator but now sure what I want to do with it.
    Luann
  • bmeadows380
    bmeadows380 Posts: 2,981 Member
    Options
    I decided to walk to my church today after dinner, but mistimed it and had to catch a ride with mom for the last mile - I didn't think I could get to the church in 10 minutes and get changed in time for service :) Still, it was a 7.25 mile walk in 2 hours! That's 3.6 mph - I was hoofing it! :g

I counted the whole thing because I only counted 3.5 mph and I was wearing a backpack with my change of clothes in it and extra water, so I know that backpack was every bit of 10 lbs.

which is also why I'm not sweating being over a little tonight on calories because I know I technically burned more than the 700 given to me by MFP's calculator more than likely.

One thing that got me on time was stopping halfway at the local convenience store to use the bathroom. Remembering @papayahed 's advice, I looked around for gummies but winced at a pack of gummy worms that had 3 worms for 100 calories but about 5 servings in the bag. Knowing there was no way I'd be able to limit myself to one serving, I opted for a nestle crunch bar instead. I haven't had one of those in years! And I bought a quest peanut butter cookie and ate it at the church after the walk.

And I was right - the scale was down 2 lbs this morning from yesterday. Between TOM showing up and all the water I was dropping from the soup earlier this week, I knew I had to be down somewhat!
    Options
    Boyfriend has to go get a lab test today and I'll go with him for that. He's dealing with sorting through a lot of stuff from the past and letting go of a lot of deep rooted toxic shame. So he's not up to very much today, and, as I said, it's just as well that he doesn't have to clock in at nine am right now.

I guess I'll get to cleaning the master bedroom whenever I get to it, since he went back to bed. But there's more house to clean than that.
  • eliezalot
    eliezalot Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    My water weight gain/retention showed up late this month. Usually I retain from about the second week of my cycle until just before TOM...nothing but losses this month until today! My weight was down to a new low of 193.6 yesterday! Back up to 196.6 today, aided by yesterday's pizza extravaganza. I was quite a bit over maintenance yesterday, but will be back on track today.

I was so tired this weekend. I think it is residual from the anxiety pill I took Saturday night. It isn't anything really strong, but similar to a benadryl (which I react pretty strongly to). So I was flat out exhausted all day yesterday, and still feel somewhat tired today, but thankfully starting to perk up. Lots to get done before we leave on Friday!

• conniewilkins56
    Options
    Today is my pre biopsy appointment to determine where they want to get the tissue to see how far the cancer has spread. Not going to say I’m not nervous but it is what it is. Scale says 200.1. Sigh could have given me the .2 today! Lol going to be a loooong day today.

Sending you positive vibes my friend!
  • eliezalot
    eliezalot Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    Today is my pre biopsy appointment to determine where they want to get the tissue to see how far the cancer has spread. Not going to say I’m not nervous but it is what it is. Scale says 200.1. Sigh could have given me the .2 today! Lol going to be a loooong day today.

Sending you positive vibes my friend!

Fingers crossed for you. Sending you so many good thoughts.
    Options
    Boyfriend woke me up at 3:30 am melting down. We got back to okay, and then I went back to bed from about 6-9 am because I had a headache from interrupted sleep. (That's the problem with being a migraineur; if anything disrupts the system and the routine, you get a headache.) It's still sort of vaguely present, but I was tired of being in bed and it had backed off enough for me to be okay.

He TRIED to get the drug test done the other day. Address on the paperwork turned out to be an abandoned building. When we searched on my phone with the company name, we found them but they said they didn't do hair tests any more. So we're going to try again today with another place that says they will do the test, and it's fairly close by.

I feel pretty rotten. I'm at full flow, and I'm cold and have no energy and feel very fragile, but all I have to do is sit in the car.
  • conniewilkins56
    Options
    Today is another rare gloomy day in otherwise sunny Florida!....no swimming today although it is very warm outside and humid....lots of football viewing planned for this afternoon...I recorded my lowest weight this morning, 254.4!....almost my own “ One der land”...meaning I am closing in on that 100 pound loss!...I can NOT believe I have been able to do this!...of course I have had some bad days, some hungry days, and days I have felt I could never stay with this!...and I still have pounds to lose!...but for today I am happy and I am in a good place mentally...I really might be able to do this....I always will be thankful for all of the motivation and encouragement from this wonderful group of Losers...
  • gewel321
    gewel321 Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    Today is another rare gloomy day in otherwise sunny Florida!....no swimming today although it is very warm outside and humid....lots of football viewing planned for this afternoon...I recorded my lowest weight this morning, 254.4!....almost my own “ One der land”...meaning I am closing in on that 100 pound loss!...I can NOT believe I have been able to do this!...of course I have had some bad days, some hungry days, and days I have felt I could never stay with this!...and I still have pounds to lose!...but for today I am happy and I am in a good place mentally...I really might be able to do this....I always will be thankful for all of the motivation and encouragement from this wonderful group of Losers...

Great job! Loosing 100lbs is no small feat!
    Options
    We've had a pretty quiet day overall. He got up at two and wrote til I got up at seven, and then ate breakfast and went to bed, napped, got up, had lunch, and then napped again, ate dinner, read some coding books after dinner, and went up at seven to lie down. He may sleep or he may come back down. His new anti-anxiety med is rather sedating, and I hope he adapts to it. Calm and awake would be my goal here. (grin)

I got done what I wanted to for a Sunday; hair washed (it's a project when it's hip=length) and the sheets changed on the beds. Laundry got caught up yesterday, and I've set up the week's medications, so we're good. I still have another large glass of water and, shoot me now, 750 more calories to eat. Gahh. Hate this. I had dinner and I am so very much not hungry.
  • conniewilkins56
    Options
    When I took my diet break in early summer, the first few days I could not hardly eat the extra calories...then it was “ Katie bar the door “ and I was on a wicked 6 or 7 day binge.....the last 5 days I settled down and got control of myself!...experience and hindsight are wonderful learning tools....my next break I will be taking at the end of the year and I plan on having a much better plan....right now I am very satisfied again, motivated and have finally broken the plateau I fought with almost all summer long...I still have over 60 ( or 70 lbs ) to go so I don’t think a diet break is really necessary at this time....I am energetic, my hunger is mostly satisfied and I seem to be in a good place mentally as far as binges go... I don’t want to do anything right now to upset my applecart!
  • conniewilkins56
    Options
    My husband got another series of injections in his spine this morning....the shots he got in his knee and hip a couple of weeks ago have really helped decrease the pain he had...last week was the best he has felt in almost a year!...less pain for him = less stress for me!....win win.....maybe the RA will give him a break for awhile....I did grocery shopping, hauled everything in the house and put stuff away, went swimming and fixed lunch and dinner and cleaned up the kitchen....

Grands finally started school online today and daughter is still teaching from home...

For today, all is good in my world!