Downsizers - September 2020 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• darleenturner
    darleenturner Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    First weigh in today and lost 4 1/4llbs.
  • 28Haveitall2020
    28Haveitall2020 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Gm everyone

Been here for 2months or so I think😅.

What are your goals for this month.

My goals for this month are not weight related.

This month I want to have 30mins of exercise atleast 5× a week.

I want to stay within normal calories for a woman through the month 2000kals.

And Finally I want to have control over my eating habits atleast for 3 weeks.

Welcome to all new members .

I am not very active on the group but I do post atleast once a week.
    Xx
  • TASCascalho
    TASCascalho Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hi team,

Is there already an October thread?

Thanks!
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,516 Member
    Options
    Kitty2Katz wrote: »
    9/30: Steps 2,200

Goals:
    1) 30 minutes of Aerobics or Zumba (some kind of cardio) Yes
    2) Clean apartment & laundry. Yes
    3) Drink 72 oz of water. Yes

Awesome job on meeting all your goals!

azkunk wrote: »
    I am having a crap day and came hear to vent instead of eat. I forgot to weigh-in this morning so I am not sure if I am heading down or not. I guess I will find out tomorrow for my official weigh-in. Work was crap today. I was volun-told that I will need to be a scribe during my hospital's certification survey which will be 4 days standing and going from unit to unit in the hospital while writing down everything the surveyor sees and says. Then reporting out to administration at the end of each day. The days will be at least 10 hours long. I am not happy about this one bit.

In order to reset, I am listing my goals to take me through the end on the year:

1. Lose 12-lbs ... just 1-lb a week. With the holidays close, I need to keep it realistic.
    2. To start couch 2 5K when weather cools down a bit.
    3. Drink at least 80 oz/ day. This is not yet hardwired.
    4. Keep closing those rings each day and increase my step goal by 500 steps each month.

This is a forum where you can vent. I am so glad you did this instead of eating. That is a long work day and to be on your feet. Your goals are very doable! You work really hard everyday to meet your goals and that is inspiring. Keep it up!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    First weigh in today and lost 4 1/4llbs.

That is an amazing loss! Hard work sure pays off.

Gm everyone

Been here for 2months or so I think😅.

What are your goals for this month.

My goals for this month are not weight related.

This month I want to have 30mins of exercise atleast 5× a week.

I want to stay within normal calories for a woman through the month 2000kals.

And Finally I want to have control over my eating habits atleast for 3 weeks.

Welcome to all new members .

I am not very active on the group but I do post atleast once a week.
    Xx

You are just heading into your 3rd month with the group. Thank you for being a part of the team. I like your goals. You can do it!

Hi team,

Is there already an October thread?

Thanks!

The October thread will open on Sunday. There are still 2 days in the September challenge. This one was 5 weeks long so it ends on October 3rd. Looking forward to celebrating your successes for another month!
  • TASCascalho
    Options
    Thanks @lindamtuck2018 !

Shall I update my weekly status here? Or wait until the October thread?

Thanks!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Thanks @lindamtuck2018 !

Shall I update my weekly status here? Or wait until the October thread?

Thanks!

Update it here please. I need it to enter in the spreadsheet to finish September out.
  • TASCascalho
    Options
    Greetings team!

Here's my weekly update:

c2afl7jilj2t.png

So far on target, no major concerns in terms of dieting. I stopped going to the gym, it seems that somehow I get better results by focusing first on dieting and then when I shift plan to body recompositing, most likely will return to it,

Username: TASCascalho
    Weigh In Day: Friday
    PW (Previous Weight): 188.7 lbs (85.6 Kg)
    CW (Current Weight): 184.7 lbs (83.8 Kg)
    LTD (Loss to Date): 15.2 lbs (6.9 Kg)

Have a great weekend!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Thursday’s check in
    Calories: under
    Exercise: 3/5
    Water: ✅
    Steps: 7,537
    DBF: 9

PW 204.8
    CW 204
    LTD 58.8

I am so glad to be down this week. On Sunday my weight was 209. I think that scared me a bit. I am glad to start a new month. I have been in a funk since mid August and I am starting to feel better. I would love to get back to onderland in October but I am not going to put that pressure on myself. I ended the September challenge with a large gain so next month I want to at least be in the green.

I have my doctors appointment in an hour. I am hoping she can give me some relief from the pain so I can walk comfortably. Keep your fingers crossed. 🤞

Hope everyone has a fabulous Friday!

Goals for week
    1. Walk at least 35 minutes 5x/week
    2. Stay within calorie goal
    3. 7,000 steps 5x/week
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Greetings team!

Here's my weekly update:

c2afl7jilj2t.png

So far on target, no major concerns in terms of dieting. I stopped going to the gym, it seems that somehow I get better results by focusing first on dieting and then when I shift plan to body recompositing, most likely will return to it,

Username: TASCascalho
    Weigh In Day: Friday
    PW (Previous Weight): 188.7 lbs (85.6 Kg)
    CW (Current Weight): 184.7 lbs (83.8 Kg)
    LTD (Loss to Date): 15.2 lbs (6.9 Kg)

Have a great weekend!

Fantastic loss! You must miss the gym as you did very intense workouts. But the change is obviously working with that loss.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 40,029 Member
    Options
    Megan_smartiepants1970
    Weigh ins- Friday
    PW: 235.4
    CW 239.1 3.7 gain
    LTD 30 lb loss

I am not worried about this nor am I frustrated ... I have only been back to walking for about a week ... I am hecka sore ....I am going to call it water weight :)
  • Tazaria87
    Tazaria87 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Daily Post October 1
    Tracked Yes
    Under Calorie Yes
    Water 118 oz
    Steps 4714

I didn't get to go for a walk. My brother hurt himself at work the day before and couldn't lift his daughter so they came over because he needed help. It was his day off and he didn't want to be home alone with her. I was very snacky all day but kept it under reigns for the most part. It was really only cuz we ate dinner so late and I was pretty hungry. Usually we try to eat dinner around 5:30 and last night it was 7:30. Today is grocery shopping day and I'd like to get a walk of some kind in as well.
  • rlaskey2
    rlaskey2 Posts: 461 Member
    Options

Daily Post October 1
    Tracked Yes
    Under Calorie Yes
    Water - not great!
    Steps 16,612

Had a great first day. Completed my 10 Rounds boxing workout in the am then a walk after I dropped the kids to school. I tracked everything I ate which is rare. I need to work on water. They two days kids are in school I have time to focus on me until I go back to work. I need to really try hard to stay focused over the weekend. I tend to not track if it becomes difficult to find or count in mfp and then say the hell with it. Good thing about Covid is eating out much less so tracking is easier.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    rlaskey2 wrote: »
    Daily Post October 1
    Tracked Yes
    Under Calorie Yes
    Water - not great!
    Steps 16,612

Had a great first day. Completed my 10 Rounds boxing workout in the am then a walk after I dropped the kids to school. I tracked everything I ate which is rare. I need to work on water. They two days kids are in school I have time to focus on me until I go back to work. I need to really try hard to stay focused over the weekend. I tend to not track if it becomes difficult to find or count in mfp and then say the hell with it. Good thing about Covid is eating out much less so tracking is easier.

Would you like to be added to our step challenge ? Sorry if you posted and I missed it ..Great steps by the way :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    I walked a different route today ..I thought it was longer but my Fitbit says 3.52 miles for 90 minutes and I burned 486 calories ... I have been wearing my sketchers with inserts but my foot with a screw it in has been bothering me as of late .... I was gonna walk one of the days this weekend but I think it is better if I take the entire weekend off I do not want another injury ...I am also gonna try my hiking boots with the gel inserts on Monday to see if that helps ... I do not want to stop walking
  • azkunk
    azkunk Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Weigh-in dilemma

I weighed in first thing this morning and was 190.4 which is a 0.5 gain. I exercised, cooled down and did a few things around the house before showering. Before the shower, I stepped on the scale again and again and again and the weight was between 189.4 and 189.5 each time. Which would be a 0.4 loss if I go with the higher number. Which one should I record for the challenge????
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Weigh-in dilemma

I weighed in first thing this morning and was 190.4 which is a 0.5 gain. I exercised, cooled down and did a few things around the house before showering. Before the shower, I stepped on the scale again and again and again and the weight was between 189.4 and 189.5 each time. Which would be a 0.4 loss if I go with the higher number. Which one should I record for the challenge????

Personally I always go with the # on the scale after using the bathroom ....before exercise ...but it is really up to you :)
  • azkunk
    azkunk Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Weigh-in dilemma

Personally I always go with the # on the scale after using the bathroom ....before exercise ...but it is really up to you :)

The later was after bathroom. I think I’m going to go with it. I feel like I should have a loss this week. I met all of my goals and stayed under calories every day except Saturday which was on 200 above.
  • GottaDUMPmyRUMP
    GottaDUMPmyRUMP Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    GOALS: Thursday, Oct. 1

🏃🏻‍♀️Workout: YES
    💦 Water: YES
    🍽 Food Logged/Under: YES
    😴Sleep: YES

STEPS
    Thur 10/1: 8,738 (less walking and more spinning yesterday)
This discussion has been closed.