CanadianGiraffe Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    PW 173.4
    CW 173.4
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,089 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday!
    I know the day is more than half over for you all in the UK and elsewhere, but there you go. At least it is early for our Albertans and Californians!

Some awesome weigh-ins this morning! @happimess01 you have just taken over first place for the month! You and @PlaneMonkey are going to be pretty well impossible to beat, so wear those tiaras! And hang on for October - this is when the big whoosh of first-month energy might wane a bit. The losses might be smaller, so don't get discouraged - keep on doing what you are doing, adjusting as needed so your body doesn't freak out. It might need a little slowdown. But still, I'll bet we see you in the 200s in our first week of October, @happimess01 !!! That's a big deal. Hats off! Tiara on!

@Pearl4686
    Don't let that dratted scale get you down! You know you are doing the right things. There are fluctuations even over an hour, let alone a couple of days. One day I put on a pound in the first hour of the day. I had not eaten or drunk anything. It happens! But you know you are doing the right things, and your weight was lower a couple of days ago. Don't panic :heart:

@deniners2
    You are welcome to come back any time! Concentrating on your health is good whether or not it involves weight loss. Keep up the good work!

It sounds like we are getting in some beautiful walks, and that there is Halloween energy out there. I never quite understood the whole Halloween thing, having missed most of my childhood trick-or-treating due to ear infections, and now living somewhere that is inaccessible to visitors. It was kind of fun with our kids when they were young, but the nearest town was so crowded by all the families from the surrounding countryside that it was really a zoo, and the weather almost always is horrible. It is usually our first snow, wet and miserable. It is hard to be a beautiful princess when you have to wear a warm coat and waterproof boots! Luckily my daughter favoured the lady knights and warriors, and my son was game for just about anything as long as he was warm enough. I can't say I miss it! So there. I have thrown dampness onto your happiness - sorry about that!

Let's get to all that stuff to do - and get those weigh-ins in. @conleywoods ? you're late....
  • Kali225
    Kali225 Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Friday Weigh-in

PW: 190.8
    CW: 189.6

Back out of the 190s! I was hoping to do another takeout dinner today, try a new place I passed while walking to the doctor this week, but maybe I'll try to extend further into the 180s first? I have some stuff on hand I could make instead. And I want to get a lot of steps in today.

There is definitely fall in the air with everyone talking about hiking and decorating - love it!
  • jugar
    Options
    ONE more thing!

We need more members! The sign up thread seems to have calmed down a bit, and so many people requested the Downsizers (their co-captain is a great recruiter) that they have more members than anyone else! I like to keep it even, so PLEASE share the registration thread link on your social media, your MFP news feed, your friends and people you know who might like to join us. Thanks! People can sign up right through Sunday.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10811137/registration-for-new-members-through-october-4th#latest
  • SMcFall0215
    SMcFall0215 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    @SMcFall0215
    Fridays
    PW- 157.6
    CW- 156.0
  • jugar
    edited October 2020
    Options
    We have a new member - and hopefully a couple more to come! Welcome @AshenMoon :heart: Great username by the way!

And another! There's a sailboat in her photo. That's always a good thing! Welcome @gracermom - sail on in!
  • YinxFed
    YinxFed Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Steps and Exercise update for 1st October

Steps - 3138
    Exercise - 37 mins HIIT (with weights)
  • jugar
    Options
    @jugar and @micki48

PW:174.2
    CW: 173 yay.

Hi Friends. I just remembered that today is weigh-in. Hope it's not too late. I'm going to have to ask to be removed from the Waist-Aways message boards/walking challenges. I just can't keep up right now - crazy time at work for me (always is this time of year).

Thanks for the support for the last 2 months. I lost an honest 4 pounds and I know I can keep it going down. You all gave me the jumpstart i needed. Everybody has been so nice. Take care of each other!!

Bailey, I will keep you in the Support Team so that you do not have to weigh in unless you want to (to track for yourself), but you can still drop by and chat if you ever have a minute. Maybe when things calm down at work you'll feel like coming back - I hope so! Either way, I wish you the best and hope that you continue to keep healthy and fit no matter what life throws your way. Take care of yourself! :heart:
  • jugar
    Options
    UPDATE!
    Here is where we are for the end-of-September weigh-ins.

Due up to and including today:
    @conleywoods
    @evangsimmons170
    @Steph1498

Due Saturday - (or really, by Sunday morning, early, Eastern time)
    @Gidgitgoescrazy
    @Terytha
    @Micki48
    @lovethyneighbor
    @spyro88

this week is looking really good! very green :mrgreen:
  • jugar
    Options
    We have another new member! @coffeetwist will be joining us soon :smiley:
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,260 Member
    Options
    @jugar and @micki48

PW:174.2
    CW: 173 yay.

Hi Friends. I just remembered that today is weigh-in. Hope it's not too late. I'm going to have to ask to be removed from the Waist-Aways message boards/walking challenges. I just can't keep up right now - crazy time at work for me (always is this time of year).

Thanks for the support for the last 2 months. I lost an honest 4 pounds and I know I can keep it going down. You all gave me the jumpstart i needed. Everybody has been so nice. Take care of each other!!

Oh I know how hard the start of the year can be, but don’t leave us completely. Stay on support. I’ll miss you. Check in when you can and let us know how you are doing. I wish you well friend.

Not much to report today. No real exercise. We ate pizza for dinner. I’m up too late. Weigh in tomorrow. Ugh.
  • spyro88
    spyro88 Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    @micki48 Oh my gosh, what a total cutie! Love the planets t-shirt.

@conleywoods Aw, so gutted for you but don't be disheartened. I found that video really helpful too and we really do need to go easy on ourselves at certain times of the month. Hugs! You'll be back on it soon, be kind to yourself for now :)
  • spyro88
    spyro88 Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    @jugar
    PW 92.6
    CW 92.3
  • eggfreak
    eggfreak Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    @micki48 OH what a cutie!! Our newspaper has offered some alternative ideas for Halloween, like have a scavenger hunt (I guess a bit like an easter egg hunt).
    Someone remind me what NSV stands for pls.
    I walked every evening this past week - good for me on all sorts of fronts - countered office sitting most of the day, quiet neighborhood streets with only crickets beautiful good for the brain, countered restless leg syndrome, and helped with a good night sleep. I'll keep trying to push myself to do that at 8 pm while the weather is so pleasant for it.

Well well, I think I might have a good weigh in this Thursday. Why? I just read the instructions for my over 50 now, first ever colonoscopy :p which is scheduled for Thursday morning. And for those of you who have had one, I'll give you a laugh (which I'm sure I'll appreciate all the more when I finally have to drink all that stuff)...my brother went for his first a year ago, showed up at the hospital, and they were embarrassed to tell him that it had been cancelled due to a broken pipe! He had to do it all over another week! :D
    hosting Mini-Oktoberfest this evening - only about 7 people, plenty of space outside, firepit, sauerkraut, bratwurst, beer, potato salad, onion cake and oompah music. Prosit!!
This discussion has been closed.