• azkunk
    azkunk Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Username: azkunk
    Weigh In Day: Friday
    PW (Previous Weight): 189.8
    CW (Current Weight): 189.3
    LTD (Loss to Date): 17.5

It was a rough week stress-wise but I checked-in here yesterday and vented and then went for a walk with my hubs and the dogs. I felt so much better after those 2 things than I would have if I ate my feelings. I decided last night that I am starting my couch to 5K today. So, I got up super early to beat the heat and did the first workout (hmmm typing that made me realize that the first weight I took this morning was not at my usual time. So that, confirms the decision to go with the middle of the three weights I got today). The workout went better than I thought. I used to get shooting pain in my ankle that shot up my calf when I try to run or even walk fast but that didn't happen. I think all of the steps I have been getting and the walking workouts have helped. The only complaint is the app I am using is not fully integrated with my Apple Watch despite it's claim. I need to do some more research on that.

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 40,443 Member
    Options
    azkunk wrote: »
    Weigh-in dilemma

I weighed in first thing this morning and was 190.4 which is a 0.5 gain. I exercised, cooled down and did a few things around the house before showering. Before the shower, I stepped on the scale again and again and again and the weight was between 189.4 and 189.5 each time. Which would be a 0.4 loss if I go with the higher number. Which one should I record for the challenge????

Personally I always go with the # on the scale after using the bathroom ....before exercise ...but it is really up to you :)

The later was after bathroom. I think I’m going to go with it. I feel like I should have a loss this week. I met all of my goals and stayed under calories every day except Saturday which was on 200 above.

I hear ya .. I gained 3.7 lbs but I am blaming it on being new to walking again outside ...and I am not going to let it get me down or be frustrated .... I know I am doing everything right so the scale will catch up eventually

You are doing great so keep doing what you are doing ... :)
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,554 Member
    Options
    Weigh-in dilemma

I weighed in first thing this morning and was 190.4 which is a 0.5 gain. I exercised, cooled down and did a few things around the house before showering. Before the shower, I stepped on the scale again and again and again and the weight was between 189.4 and 189.5 each time. Which would be a 0.4 loss if I go with the higher number. Which one should I record for the challenge????

Take the loss! You got the 189.4 lots of times. You have worked hard and I think you did get a loss.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    GOALS: Thursday, Oct. 1

🏃🏻‍♀️Workout: YES
    💦 Water: YES
    🍽 Food Logged/Under: YES
    😴Sleep: YES

STEPS
    Thur 10/1: 8,738 (less walking and more spinning yesterday)

Great job on meeting your goals. I went to a spinning class with my daughter about 5 years ago. I was about 60 pounds heavier. When the instructor had us stand up and pedal I just about died. I walked out after 15 minutes but I was excited that I made it that far. How often do you spin?
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Username: azkunk
    Weigh In Day: Friday
    PW (Previous Weight): 189.8
    CW (Current Weight): 189.3
    LTD (Loss to Date): 17.5

It was a rough week stress-wise but I checked-in here yesterday and vented and then went for a walk with my hubs and the dogs. I felt so much better after those 2 things than I would have if I ate my feelings. I decided last night that I am starting my couch to 5K today. So, I got up super early to beat the heat and did the first workout (hmmm typing that made me realize that the first weight I took this morning was not at my usual time. So that, confirms the decision to go with the middle of the three weights I got today). The workout went better than I thought. I used to get shooting pain in my ankle that shot up my calf when I try to run or even walk fast but that didn't happen. I think all of the steps I have been getting and the walking workouts have helped. The only complaint is the app I am using is not fully integrated with my Apple Watch despite it's claim. I need to do some more research on that.

I had responded to your previous post before I read this! Congrats on the loss and you moved to a new decade. The 80’s was lots of fun! 😂 You should be very proud of yourself for your hard work and dedication.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    I walked a different route today ..I thought it was longer but my Fitbit says 3.52 miles for 90 minutes and I burned 486 calories ... I have been wearing my sketchers with inserts but my foot with a screw it in has been bothering me as of late .... I was gonna walk one of the days this weekend but I think it is better if I take the entire weekend off I do not want another injury ...I am also gonna try my hiking boots with the gel inserts on Monday to see if that helps ... I do not want to stop walking

Rest it up! You don’t want to be back in pain like a month ago. I love walking and when I am pain free I will get back to my long walks. Maybe I will even be able to increase my steps. I find when I am walking I am so relaxed. Put the music on and I go.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    I walked a different route today ..I thought it was longer but my Fitbit says 3.52 miles for 90 minutes and I burned 486 calories ... I have been wearing my sketchers with inserts but my foot with a screw it in has been bothering me as of late .... I was gonna walk one of the days this weekend but I think it is better if I take the entire weekend off I do not want another injury ...I am also gonna try my hiking boots with the gel inserts on Monday to see if that helps ... I do not want to stop walking

Rest it up! You don’t want to be back in pain like a month ago. I love walking and when I am pain free I will get back to my long walks. Maybe I will even be able to increase my steps. I find when I am walking I am so relaxed. Put the music on and I go.

I will be resting up the entire weekend .... My daughter and 1 of my dogs goes on the walk ..I just need better shoes because my sketchers are not working out for me on long walks :)
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options

I will be resting up the entire weekend .... My daughter and 1 of my dogs goes on the walk ..I just need better shoes because my sketchers are not working out for me on long walks :)

When I first started walking I went to a speciality store and bought my sneakers. It cost me a lot but when the first pair didn’t work out they gave me a different brand. I had ASICS first but I ended up with brooks. It is worth the investment if you are going to continue walking.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options

When I first started walking I went to a speciality store and bought my sneakers. It cost me a lot but when the first pair didn’t work out they gave me a different brand. I had ASICS first but I ended up with brooks. It is worth the investment if you are going to continue walking.

Thanks I am going to try out my sketcher hiking boots on Monday ..if that doesn't help then I will look into Brooks .. I have heard a lot of great things with that brand ..Thank you for the recommendation :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Anybody doing anything exciting over the weekend ?

I will be resting, meal prepping and watching Nascar :)
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options

I am grocery shopping, cleaning the apartment, hanging out with my granddaughter and binge watching some Netflix. I am watching Modern Family and How I met your mother. I might watch a star is born. We are starting our second wave of COVID so I want to stay as close to home as I can. So not a lot to do outside the house besides going grocery shopping.
  • GottaDUMPmyRUMP
    GottaDUMPmyRUMP Posts: 270 Member
    edited October 2020
    Options

Great job on meeting your goals. I went to a spinning class with my daughter about 5 years ago. I was about 60 pounds heavier. When the instructor had us stand up and pedal I just about died. I walked out after 15 minutes but I was excited that I made it that far. How often do you spin?

Thank you Linda :) I try to get in about 5-6 spins a week. I started spinning in my gym after loosing a great deal of weight about 6 years ago and fell in love with it, but I have to say I was very fortunate to have a great instructor my first try (who had lost 110 lbs previously herself), she took the time to really make me feel like I could do it. She told me not to stand at all the first few times. Believe me, I could barely get through the hour sitting. Now with Covid, I have been using the Peloton app and I really love it. For $12.99 a month it gives me running, walking, yoga, strength, bootcamps, stretching & spinning classes, both live and on demand. It's really helping me. I recommend it (free month trial). Beginner-advanced levels.

I am not ...LOL... just cleaning, cooking, movie watching. I have some strength training planned with a running bootcamp Saturday and Sunday is an active rest day so just some light cardio, short jog and maybe some walking.
  • Case0099
    Case0099 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    10/1 steps: 10,290

My goal is 10K steps or more everyday in October! I did laps of my backyard to accomplish it yesterday while my dog followed behind me confused why I kept walking in a big circle! Haha!
  • azkunk
    Options
    10/1 steps= 10367
  • azkunk
    Options

Saturday- taking my car in to have a slow leak in my tire checked

Sunday- have a 6am dance photo shoot for my daughter. It’s her birthday present 🥳💃🏼
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options

Saturday- taking my car in to have a slow leak in my tire checked

Sunday- have a 6am dance photo shoot for my daughter. It’s her birthday present 🥳💃🏼

How awesome Andrea .... Happy Birthday to your daughter ...My daughter's birthday is this Monday ...She will be 15 :o ..Where does time go ? lol
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,202 Member
    Options
    One more! Let's hope you all don't burst at the seams - you are a popular team, and the requests keep on coming! Welcome @eaturpasta ! Just be careful about pasta, ok? :wink:
  • FormerlyFit48
    FormerlyFit48 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Formerlyfit48
    Last weight 222lbs
    Current weight 221.5 lbs
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Case0099 wrote: »
    10/1 steps: 10,290

My goal is 10K steps or more everyday in October! I did laps of my backyard to accomplish it yesterday while my dog followed behind me confused why I kept walking in a big circle! Haha!

That is an awesome way to reach your step goal!

Formerlyfit48
    Last weight 222lbs
    Current weight 221.5 lbs

Amazing loss!
This discussion has been closed.