Waist Aways - October 2020 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• YinxFed
    YinxFed Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    @Pearl4686 Congrats on your C25K week 8 success! :) I started that program last year, but stopped around this time last year at Week 6. But I joined a running club on Tuesday - I'm not gonna lie, I struggled, but the coaches were fab, and everyone was so supportive. I was advised to do a couple of run/walks before our next session, so this morning I went out. I just put my headphones on and walked one track, run one track, repeat. It was tough, but I'm glad I did it. 2km done. I'm going to do the same thing in the forest on Sunday.

Happy Friday, Friends!
  • YinxFed
    YinxFed Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Step & exercise update for 15th October:

Steps - 2333
    Exercise - 41 mins Upper body strength (Fitness Blender Strong program)
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    @jguldi11 & @jugar This is my favorite song from the new NSP album: https://youtu.be/FviZQGhfJyA

It's got a little cursing but is otherwise on the clean & silly side of their stuff.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,097 Member
    Options
    @Terytha
    They are good! Singing in tune, good sound, flashy guitar - what more could you ask? Oh yeah, they are hilarious! Yesterday I saw four young men out on the hiking trail with a 3 year-old boy. They looked like the kind of guys you'd see out partying, but they were having a blast with that kid. I could just picture them firing this song up for the kid's bedtime.

@Gidgitgoescrazy
    No raincoat? Super hood? Rubber boots? Splashing around out in the rain can be lots of fun. As long as you're dressed for it :smiley:
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    @Terytha
    They are good! Singing in tune, good sound, flashy guitar - what more could you ask? Oh yeah, they are hilarious! Yesterday I saw four young men out on the hiking trail with a 3 year-old boy. They looked like the kind of guys you'd see out partying, but they were having a blast with that kid. I could just picture them firing this song up for the kid's bedtime.

I'm glad you liked it. Brian, the one who doesn't sing, has a 6 year old daughter and I'm guessing she probably listens to this before bed. :smiley:
  • jugar
    Options
    Oh no! It's the mid-month slump for some.
    aqab26gvnmae.png
  • eggfreak
    eggfreak Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    gahhhh....my eating has been bad. the temptations. If I know it's there, I'm not content until it's gone and no longer an option. I'm definitely in the camp of first step is just NOT to bring it in the house in the first place. Otherwise, it's so easy to pass right on by the healthy things I've prepped or stocked the fridge with.
    BTW, loving the dill pickle snack options (but it still didn't beat the marble cake that is now gone).
    Also, my weighing and logging has gone out the window for at least a month now...and yet MFP still reports that I've logged the last 28 days or whatever - I wonder if it's a way to get people to see more ads? Don't know, but it's a big lie, I won't take the credit.
    Just finished up the last of the office work for the week and woo hoo it's on to the weekend. REASSESSMENT TIME - get moving and resume logging! I'll be working from home for the next three weeks - that takes extra preparation and maybe I'll spend part of this rainy Friday evening planning and prelogging my week - hah! maybe a little lame for a friday night but hey, it's covid time, I'm over 50, content with a warm cosy house, no wine still but I'll live, and I can go to bed early which I love.
    Hey Rhonda!, @evangsimmons170, you hanging in there okay? You and a few others on here have a LOT of juggling to do, hope all's well.
  • jugar
    Options
    @eggfreak
    Ah, Sylvia - the siren songs are getting us these days, eh? Pickles help, but sadly there are many things they just can't possibly out-sing. And those days logged? It does not mean that you logged your food or exercise. It just means you logged onto MFP for any purpose at all. So take credit for those days - you were here even if you weren't logging! Stay warm and cozy, and we'll get cracking on those plans. I'm finding the increased indoor time is not easy to manage. Sigh. As you say, we have a lot to be grateful for.

So! update on the end of week 2 weigh-ins. I know you have all just been waiting for this to appear!

Remaining Friday weigh-ins due:
    @evangsimmons170
    @BaileyCat88 (missing you!)
    @Steph1498
    @gracermom and @joijumper - last chance! You have not weighed in since joining, and we hope you'll still find us. If not, you will be dropped from the team.

Heads up for Saturday:
    @Gidgitgoescrazy
    @Terytha
    @Micki48
    @lovethyneighbor
    @spyro88

Hoping for news, stories, questions, and general chitchat along with the numbers B)
  • eggfreak
    eggfreak Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    Today everything got away from me -- food and time. I got to the gym this morning and we got our winter tires on our vehicles. But after that I didn't get anything else on my list accomplished. By evening I was so frustrated that my snack resistance was non-existent! So all my chores will still be there tomorrow and I need to get my eating back on track...

I am a list person too (otherwise I feel listless? ;) ). Lately I am becoming more and more satisfied if I cross even one or two things off my list - the days do just disappear and maybe it would be better to break lists down into long, mid & short term items or 'would like to do' and 'must do'.....nah, too many pieces of paper.
    I'm finding too that I get through the day eating well and then....boom something snaps and I'm wolfing down poor choices. BACK ON TRACK - nice rainy day today - we've had such a drought, I'm happy for the good soaking.

@jugar, thanks for clearing up the mystery behind the logging thing - I presumed it meant logging food.
This discussion has been closed.