One Day at a Time, One Meal a Day (ODAT-OMAD)

Options
1141516171820»

Replies

• Abm4n
    Abm4n Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    This chart is from exactly one year ago. I was in full OMAD mode and lost nearly 7 kilos or 15 lbs in one month. So now I am sitting somewhere in the middle of this chart again at 87 kg and hope to lose another 5 kg. Actually, it's not even so much about the weight anymore so much as the improved mental health and the metabolic fitness that I am after.
  • volgirl1322
    volgirl1322 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    That is awesome news :) welcome back and you are doing awesome!!!!!!
  • jadepearl
    jadepearl Posts: 3,113 Member
    Options
    Hi there and welcome back :) I am also struggling to lose weight :(
  • Abm4n
    Options
    Hi volgirl1322 and JP thanks for dropping in. Yes, it's an ongoing story and sometimes I get so excited with my progress and then I slip back into old habits. I am trying to reduce so many undesirables from my diet (like wine, beer, processed food, sugar) but I keep on coming back to IF and when I can OMAD. Even when I don't OMAD I still aim to keep my eating window to 8 hours and, in that regard, I have been pretty consistent over the years. I can't really imagine eating three meals a day anymore. Just not how I eat nowadays. I am quite comfortable with having an empty stomach and seldom, if ever get really hungry when I don't eat for 18 hours or more. I just know that I will be able to have a delicious meal when I am ready to eat.
  • jadepearl
    Options
    You can do this👍👏 Let's get rid those kgs together 👌👍
  • Abm4n
    Options
    Thanks JP! I have been pretty good eating OMAD the past few days. Feeling great and losing some bloat around the middle. I am aiming to control stress and have taken up a short yoga routine 3-4 times a week. Meditating daily too!

Lots and lots of micro-routines that collectively add up to progress in the right direction. I feel like I am in more control of my life when I am able to control my eating and sleeping routines.
  • jadepearl
    Options
    Great job on your OMAD and yoga :+1: For me, I zumba to release stress :lol:
  • LiLee2018
    LiLee2018 Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    I think that's what a lot of people have to learn when losing weight. You can't go back to old habits b/c those old habits is what forced you to diet in the first place. I know that's why I'm back up to the weight I'm at. Just too many 'old habit' days.
    Sounds like that switch has finally been clicked for you though and you're kicking some butt so far! :)