Waist Aways - October 2020 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,094 Member
    edited October 2020
    Options
    @spyro88
    <3 Thanks for the love letter to our team! I assure you, it is not just the captains. We are so lucky that the people who stick with us here are open, interested and interesting, ready to try things, and just plain cool. Thanks also for explaining one more "NSV" - the way losing weight, getting fit, and feeling so much better about ourselves has an impact on so many aspects of our lives. Your understanding and support of your partner helps everyone around you. And congrats on the good losses! Yes, the scale helps :wink:

@CanadianGiraffe
    The things will wait for you. Two things done, and really important ones too, are a win in my books. That reminds me - I have to make an appointment to get my winter tires on too... The snacks will win from time to time, but you know how to step away from them and get yourself feeling better. Take some really deep breaths, drink a long glass of water slowly, and off you go. :heart:

@eggfreak
    lists. aren't they amazing? I have been using a planner this year, not always consistently, but enough to learn what it can help and what it can't. I really enjoy it. I used to need one for work, of course, and I had an amazing filing system with daily folders for the current month, monthly folders for the rest. But after I retired, I stopped planning altogether, and got really lost in the nothingness, especially since the pandemic started and I can't go places. Now I use my planner a lot - and learn from those things I insist I am going to do and do not do. It forces me to think of the whys and why nots, but mostly it helps me get those daily and weekly tasks taken care of without forgetting too many of them.

great losses rolling in - WTG!

Have a good one!
  • Kali225
    Kali225 Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    @micki48 Steps for the week so far:

fyf3ul736ssg.png
  • once_mas
    once_mas Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Steph1498 wrote: »
    PW: 163
    CW: 161.8
    I have lists for my lists... 🤣🤣🤣 .

Hahaha, I thought I'm the only one doing this🙈😂
  • YinxFed
    YinxFed Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Step & exercise update for 16th October:

Steps 4928 including 25 minute run
  • jugar
    Options
    @evangsimmons170
    So halppy to see you!! It sounds like things have been rough, but I am glad to hear about the bright spot. A few months ago when you started seeing your ex again it sounded good, and it is wonderful to hear that it is continuing to go well. I hope things calm down for you one of these days. And don't worry too much about your doctoral course extensions - if your supervisors cannot see that you are juggling umpteen simultaneous flaming torches, they don't deserve you! :heart:
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    Saturday

PW 192.4
    CW 192.6

I’m sure it was a tiny loss later. 😉
  • jugar
    Options
    Here it comes - the Saturday Night Nag!
    29bj2zjcj4r8.jpg

Last call for week 2 weigh-ins:
    @coll7246
    @gracermom
    @joijumper
    @lovethyneighbor

Hope to see your weigh-ins by 8 am Eastern tomorrow! That's Sunday.

Then our wonderful Sunday people can start in on week 3!
    @YinxFed
    @krcapone78
    @travisspring
    @mbakhtiaruz
    @graceojo999

Thanks for all your lovely numbers :smiley:
  • evangsimmons170
    evangsimmons170 Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
  • eggfreak
    eggfreak Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    to all the Canadian crew....I just have to report that I've spotted my first junco of the season in Massachusetts...for me it marks the beginning of winter. It cracks me up that they migrate from Canada to us...because our winters are milder (?) One of my favorite birds, such a modest little beauty.
  • jugar
    Options
    eggfreak wrote: »
    to all the Canadian crew....I just have to report that I've spotted my first junco of the season in Massachusetts...for me it marks the beginning of winter. It cracks me up that they migrate from Canada to us...because our winters are milder (?) One of my favorite birds, such a modest little beauty.

It certainly is milder in Massachusetts than here! Having lived in both places, I can assure you - and the juncos are still coming. They got here a couple of weeks ago, and are still chowing down under the feeder. Fattening up for the trip. I love those little guys too. I think they hang out a lot farther north than here during the summer, so they must like it cold. Maybe there are fewer cats stalking them up there too :grimace:
  • jugar
    Options
    WaistAways! We are still in the top 3 this week :smiley: Congrats to our top 3 in the team:
    @mbakhtiaruz
    @travisspring
    @ells_runs

Don't let it go to your heads, now! Keep on going in the same direction, ok?
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    :star:The Green Challenge :star: Percentage of people who lost weight this week. No matter how small the loss the weights are recorded in green. Remember that even if your team doesn’t rank the highest in weight loss for the week you can still be the Green Percentage winner by having the most losses in your team! So keep it up!! B)

9ljcr2ishuwc.png
  • KellyBgetsfit
    KellyBgetsfit Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    Steps/workouts

Sun 17,669
    30 min interval
    Mon 13,111
    15 min strength
    Tues 12,436
    25 min cardio
    Wed 9,526