Options
    GOALS: Tuesday, Oct. 20

🏃🏻‍♀️Workout: YES
    💦 Water: YES
    🍽 Food: YES
    😴Sleep: YES

STEPS
    TUES. 10/20: 9,000 (spinning) + 2,685 (rowing) + 13,768 = 25,453

@lindamtuck2018 :D it was a hysterical sight I'm sure Linda. I can laugh now, but yeah it was terrifying. I had nowhere to run and no one to help me. :o:s

Today I'm trying to stay on task with my eating. Breakfast is a protein shake and a boiled egg, lunch is low carb toast and salmon. Making pork tacos for dinner and already weighed out all of my portions for the cheese, meat, etc.

I wanted to share, I found this low carb bread at Costco, it's the best tasting low carb bread I have ever had (tastes just like wonder bread from my youth) and no artificial sweetener in it;

Schmidt / Old Tyme 647 Italian Bread

Calories 40, Carbs 13, 1g Fat, 2 g Protein, 7g Fiber, 1g Sugar
    bdbvluenc42m.jpeg

Hope you and everyone Team Downsizers has a great day!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,940 Member
    Options
    WEEK 2 TOP STEPPERS ARE:

1st @Megan_smartiepants1970 -136,405
    2nd @iHUSTLE4MUSCLE -125,970
    3rd @888Angie888 -97,455

CONGRATS LADIES

As A Group we walked 1,128,550 steps .... Last week I made a mistake on the final steps we walked as a group ... Last week we walked 1,293,589

Well done Everyone :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options

Anyone have any NonScale Victories (NSV’s) they would like to share

My NSV's is that I am getting stronger everyday and that I have not given up like I have so many times before :)
  • GottaDUMPmyRUMP
    GottaDUMPmyRUMP Posts: 270 Member
    edited October 2020
    Options

Anyone have any NonScale Victories (NSV’s) they would like to share

My non-scale victory would be that I have increased my dead row, shoulder press, dead lift, chest press, bicep and squat weights this week. :)

• eaturpasta
    eaturpasta Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    10/20 check in.

drank water yes
    6620 steps and 4.3 Miles on bike in 20.53 min
    closed rings...yes

October Goals
    LTG 155.0
    Lose 1lb/week
    Drink 90 ounces of water daily
    7,500 steps/day
    Close rings every day this month

Eaturpasta
    Weigh in Day: Tuesday
    PW:171.2
    CW:170.6
    SW 197.0
    LTD(loss to date) 26.4
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,513 Member
    edited October 2020
    Options
    @TracyKlaft1
    Nice loss!

@iHUSTLE4MUSCLE
    How do you make your protein shake? I got so sick of making the same one over and over. I have the ingredients on my grocery list for next week to see if I can start drinking them again. That bread sounds delicious. I must get my daughter to check and see if they carry here in Canada.

@eaturpasta
    You have been doing great on closing your rings everyday. It makes me wish I had bought an Apple Watch when my Fitbit died a few months ago.

@iHUSTLE4MUSCLE and @Megan_smartiepants1970
    Love your NSV’s. It is great to see improvements that are not tied to the scale.
  • 28Haveitall2020
    28Haveitall2020 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    @rlaskey2
    What a beautiful place to walk. It is a big adjustment when you stop working and even more so when it is as result of a pandemic. I had to retire as a result of a disability. It took me a good year to get used to being home. I still miss it even after 12 years.

Congrats on the loss this week. I think the key to getting through the weekends is to try and eat like it is a week day. I know it’s easier said than done as this is a big struggle for me too.

@Tazaria87
    You are so consistent. Please tell us some of your tricks to stay on track?

@eaturpasta
    Great loss this week! Think of it this way, if you lost .6 pounds a week that would be 31 pounds in a year. At that rate you would be at your goal weight in just over 6 months. How exciting would that be?

@28Haveitall2020
    This is a brilliant idea. I am going to adjust my meals and try this for a week.

@ScorpioGirl70
    I need to research this. It sounds like a good way to switch things up for awhile.

@azkunk
    Glad you are starting you come around. A health coach sounds like a good plan. I have never thought about a health coach before. I do see a dietitian every 3 months.

@iHUSTLE4MUSCLE
    I would have lost it. I am terrified of wasps and bees. I have to admit I did chuckle at the picture.

Yes Linda. Let me know next week if it helped💓.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    TracyKlaft1
    Weigh in day Tuesday
    PW 167.5
    CW 166.5
    LTD 1.5

Goals today
    7000 steps
    Track all meals

Great loss ......... Are you still in the step challenge? If so will you please post your steps from 10/18-today 10/21

Thank you :)
  • GottaDUMPmyRUMP
    edited October 2020
    Options

@iHUSTLE4MUSCLE
    How do you make your protein shake? I got so sick of making the same one over and over. I have the ingredients on my grocery list for next week to see if I can start drinking them again. That bread sounds delicious. I must get my daughter to check and see if they carry here in Canada.

I use:
    1 cup of milk (I use unsweetened almond milk)
    1 handful (cup) of spinach or kale
    1 scoop of 30g protein powder (I use either, egg white unflavored powder, or a whey powder, plain, not sugars or additives or flavors)
    1 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder (bc I love chocolate)
    stevia drops for sweetness
    1 scoop of super greens
    Ice cubes

Then depending on my macro goals, or if I am on a lift day, I then may add banana (usually 1/3 of a whole), or a cup of frozen berries, or frozen açaí. Once I am down to goal weight I can add more fats to my shakes, like avocado, nut butters, coconut oil, etc.

I also add cinnamon, turmeric & pepper (this helps with inflammation a lot!), ginger paste, and/or baking extracts for flavor, like almond extract or raspberry extract. Tastes great, like dessert. It really helps with my sweet tooth too.
    @iHUSTLE4MUSCLE and @Megan_smartiepants1970
    Love your NSV’s. It is great to see improvements that are not tied to the scale.

Thanks for that question! The scale is so frustrating, between my eating and my lifting, it's a yo-yo effect. First week, I was up. Last week, way down, this week a probable gain. In the past, water fluctuations happen a lot for me when I start lifting heavier, even if my eating is totally on task. So non-scale victories are really important, as is measuring myself.

• GottaDUMPmyRUMP
    Options
    WEEK 2 TOP STEPPERS ARE:

3rd @888Angie888 -97,455

CONGRATS LADIES

As A Group we walked 1,128,550 steps .... Last week I made a mistake on the final steps we walked as a group ... Last week we walked 1,293,589

WTG @888Angie888 & @Megan_smartiepants1970 👏👏😁

@Megan_smartiepants1970 I think you need to change your name to Megan_hustlepants !! WOW!!! You really move! I am killing myself to get over 125k. LOL

Impressive! :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    WEEK 2 TOP STEPPERS ARE:

3rd @888Angie888 -97,455

CONGRATS LADIES

WTG @888Angie888 & @Megan_smartiepants1970 👏👏😁

@Megan_smartiepants1970 I think you need to change your name to Megan_hustlepants !! WOW!!! You really move! I am killing myself to get over 125k. LOL

Impressive! :)

Thanks @iHUSTLE4MUSCLE ....lol @ hustlepants too funny ..... today I am not moving much ... I couldn't get out of bed this morning so my morning walk with my daughter and Aspen didn't happen ... and I only did 60 minutes of Broadway Blast ..just not into it today ... oh well at least I did something ...now to eat lunch ...take a shower and relax the rest of the day :smile:
  • Tazaria87
    Tazaria87 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Daily Post October 20
    Tracked Yes
    Under Calorie Yes
    Water 128oz
    Steps 8237
    Exercise 20 min walking video

It rained all day here yesterday so no walk outside. I decided to do a walking video after the kids were in bed cuz I checked my steps and had 5k.
  • leeniekat
    leeniekat Posts: 145 Member
    edited October 2020
    Options
    Username: missgyst
    Weigh-in day: Wednesday
    Previous weight: 204.8
    Current weight: 203.6
    Loss to date: 28.2

Still slooowwwwwwllllly losing, so I'm going to make more of an effort to reorganize my time. I haven't been exercising and that has made a difference not only in how fast I lose but also in how I feel. My goal for this week is to incorporate at least 30 minutes a day of moving, regardless of what that is.
  • Tazaria87
    Tazaria87 Posts: 604 Member
    Options

@Tazaria87
    You are so consistent. Please tell us some of your tricks to stay on track?

I don't know that I have any magic answers. I just kept forcing myself to do things until they became habit. I did diet first, then added exercise, now I push for more steps. I'm always checking my steps now. I've seen people say something that really resonated with me along the lines of "motivation doesn't last/exist, discipline does" Even on days you don't want to do something like eat healthy, you just do it anyway. I've had slip ups of course, but I just keep going. Also one I like is, 'Don't sacrifice what you really want, for what you want right now.' I mostly relate that one to food.

I drink a gallon of water of day, which means I'm pretty much constantly drinking. I think it helps me from feeling too hungry.
    I do intermittent fasting so I eat all my calories between 12:30 and 8:30 which I think helps cuz I eat 2 bigger meals and a snack. If I was eating 3 meals a day they would have to be lower calorie and I think I'd always feel hungry.
    If I get a craving that won't go away I chew spearmint gum and wait it out. I like spearmint and it's a strong flavor.
    I look for NSV where I can so I don't get discouraged by the scale
  • GottaDUMPmyRUMP
    Options
    ^^ @Tazaria87 you are so inspiring. Thanks for sharing.

I read an article about IF that mentioned drinking mint tea and chewing mint gum to help you feel less hungry during fasting windows. So I bought some mint tea this week and some mint sugar free gum too.
  • GottaDUMPmyRUMP
    Options
    Question: My crockpot lid broke and I cannot find a replacement part for it online. I'm giving up and just going to get a new one, OR should I get a pressure cooker? Anyone have experience with a pressure cooker, and if so, which do you recommend?

TIA!
  • azkunk
    azkunk Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Question: My crockpot lid broke and I cannot find a replacement part for it online. I'm giving up and just going to get a new one, OR should I get a pressure cooker? Anyone have experience with a pressure cooker, and if so, which do you recommend?

TIA!

I love my instant pot. When I work in the office, it’s easy to throw something together after work ... even frozen meat. Also boiled eggs are the easiest to peel when cooked in the pressure cooker.

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options

TIA!

I have an Instant Pot that has a pressure cooker button ... I absolutely love it :)

https://www.digitaltrends.com/home/what-is-an-instant-pot/
  • azkunk
    azkunk Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Check-in 10/20

Steps: 7619
    Calories: under 1000 ☹️
    Water: 86oz
    Exercise: just a dog walk

I know that I need to better with calories and today is better. Work has been stressful this week. Those who work in a hospital know what a Joint Commission survey is and we are in the middle of a 4-day survey. I help to man the “command center” and one of our surveyors is really tough. So, it’s was a long day.

To blow off steam, I went for a hike after work. There is a trail in my development that gains almost 200 feet elevation in less 0.25 miles. It’s a staircase built into the side of a foothill that has over 330 steps. We take the steps up and hike the trail back down.
  • lcfa5317
    lcfa5317 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    10/20 = 8,455 steps
    10/21 = 8,333
This discussion has been closed.