Waist Aways - October 2020 Team Chat

Replies

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 9,891 Member
    krcapone78 wrote: »
    Is it correct that we don't have to register for November, only new members? If so I would like to change my weigh in day to Monday

It is true! Once you join us, you're stuck until you want to leave! You can always change teams if things are getting stale, though - but no need to re-register.

We had a slow but steady week - just how I like them. We kept our 3rd place, we are 2nd in percentage of team members staying in the green, however small the loss, and we are well set up to have a good showing for the month. Keep this week green and we're golden!
  • jugar
    5r8t63hkc057.jpg
    h7e8wzfffuag.png
    o27h5thrblkr.png
    7udluuxh0s3m.png

TOP THREE TEAMS BY PERCENTAGE
    u68oqyazszab.png

TOP THREE TEAMS BY POUNDS LOST
    7cpz500kykdp.png

TOP THREE INDIVIDUALS BY PERCENTAGE
    1st @Queenieamy 3.54%
    2nd @AustinRuadhain 2.84%
    3rd @28Haveitall2020 2.45%

TOP THREE INDIVIDUALS BY POUNDS LOST
    1st @28Haveitall2020 6.0
    2nd @Queenieamy 5.7
    3rd @mainebeachbum 5.6

HONORABLE MENTIONS
    @Jen_967
    @izzyred9400
    @xiaolongbao
    @kiane50
    @floecity
    @jazzagirl30
    @Kali225
    @megan_smartiepants1970
    @trooworld

vfojc5s76oil.png
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    :star:The Green Challenge :star: Percentage of people who lost weight this week. No matter how small the loss the weights are recorded in green. Remember that even if your team doesn’t rank the highest in weight loss for the week you can still be the Green Percentage winner by having the most losses in your team! So keep it up!! B)

xgrc8z84wr85.png
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    :star:The Green Challenge :star: Percentage of people who lost weight this week. No matter how small the loss the weights are recorded in green. Remember that even if your team doesn’t rank the highest in weight loss for the week you can still be the Green Percentage winner by having the most losses in your team! So keep it up!! B)

xgrc8z84wr85.png

Woo, go team! We are having a pretty great month overall and I'm super proud of all the effort you put in. I know some of you have been struggling a bit but we push on through the blahs because we know it pays off.
  • jugar
    Push through the blahs the way Bird pushed through the blues!

7thc4btx96tb.png
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,249 Member
    Hey all, Got on the scale this morning and weighed a whopping 195.8. That’s the most I’ve weighed in a very long time. My eating is not in control. I’m comfort eating. But in the long run, that’s not a comfort. It’s self-sabotaging. I will regret it. It always amazes me how weeks of good eating and exercise renders me a few ounces of weight loss and a bad week offers back pounds. Grrr!!!!

The minimal comfort I feel in the moment is outweighed by how I will feel as the scale creeps up and the clothes feel tight and uncomfortable.

One small win is, at least, I am logging all of my food today...even if it already included two cookies.

I need to get this under control. I need to lean in on all I have learned and the support of the Waistaways team.

Welcome to our new members! Promise to not always be a "Debbie Downer". Glad to have you here on this journey with us. We share it all. The great, good and the bad. It's all part of this journey.

@conleywoods Glad you are feeling back in control. And sledding??? You got snow too? We've had real warm weather, but today is cooler. One day my air conditioning is on and then later, the heat turns on. A very bouncy fall here in NC.

Venice sounds lovely! Post a photo so we can all travel vicariously through you if you can.

@jugar, love the gnarly tree you posted. I also loved the photo of the lovely jogging trail in the woods.

Took a walk with the little to see the decorations. It's a good excuse to get my steps in. I'm in a good spot for meeting my goal today. I did something to my shoulder and it hurts like crazy to move it. Don't remember a specific thing happening, just all the sudden it was hard to move it without pain. Got my flu shot today, but had them do that in the other arm so as not to make the hurting arm worse. Hopefully, it works itself out. In the meantime, I have taken an anti-inflammatory to help it.

Off to record your steps...
  • micki48
    Kali225 wrote: »
    @micki48

Steps for the week for me:
    fpvekqsfstk0.png

Having a binge-y weekend. Really didn't feel up to working out today, but I did take along walk/run to go vote early (!). New day tomorrow.

Great Stepping and glad you went to vote early!!! Way to go!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 38,511 Member
    One more joining your team ...Please welcome @Riseuptoit to your team :)
  • eggfreak
    eggfreak Posts: 679 Member
    micki48 wrote: »
    Hey all, Got on the scale this morning and weighed a whopping 195.8. That’s the most I’ve weighed in a very long time. My eating is not in control. I’m comfort eating.

I need to get this under control. I need to lean in on all I have learned and the support of the Waistaways team.

I'm experiencing the same Michelle, two bad days in a row - eating cake and adding potato chips to it today - and it's totally stress eating - the overarching stress factors in the world, as well as the immediate need to buy a new oven/range and faced with all the choices. Anyone here LOVE their stove? We actually bought a GE electric coil but it's getting picked up for return tomorrow - first oven use, 400 degrees for 50 min, outside of stove & cooktop got hot enough to burn! Have researched and seems like that's actually not so unusual but we'll try finding something else. In the meantime - microwave cooking...or take out....
  • dashofwicked
    dashofwicked Posts: 30 Member
    @jugar

It's wonderful meeting you as well. And okay! That's a relief. I'm not doing much for exercise currently apart from cardio sessions with my elliptical about 3-4x a week depending on how busy I get. I hope to incorporate more strength training/resistance training as well as some beginner's yoga in the near future! What all do you enjoy? Are you an equestrian? :o<3

My name's Olivia and I currently live in New Jersey! Quite the home body which works and is way less frowned upon these days w/the whole 'rona situation. I enjoy binging shows on Netflix, cooking, and fitness.

@micki48

I know exactly how you feel. Prior to joining WaistAways, I was also doing a whole lot of comfort eating and gained back all the weight I had lost previously during the month. It's incredibly disheartening and maddening how easy it is for people like us to gain back the weight we worked so, so hard to shed in the first place! It's a big part of the reason why I decided to join a support group to hold me accountable. Also, I'm a gamer during my free time and enjoy the idea of turning weight loss into a fun game.

I firmly believe we've got this, though! Baby steps, baby steps.

@trishwus, @Riseuptoit

Welcome to the team, new recruits! :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    edited October 2020
    Your team is now full Waist Aways :) ... Please welcome @krhilleshiem ...she should be here shortly to introduce herself :D

@krhilleshiem is moved to Trimstones because her husband wanted to be on the same team as her ...I have someone else who requested to be on your team :)
  • YinxFed
    YinxFed Posts: 1,043 Member
    Steps and exercise update for 24th October:

Steps - 5285 including 25 min jogging
  • PlaneMonkey
    PlaneMonkey Posts: 568 Member
    @dashofwicked we have a lot of gamers here! What's your game of choice?
  • dashofwicked
    dashofwicked Posts: 30 Member
    @PlaneMonkey

Do we really? That's adorable! I used to play a lot of WoW, GW2, FFXIV, Monster Hunter, Pokemon, (Occasionally Fortnite for the boyfriend. 🙄🤭) but lately have been enjoying some of the more serene games like Animal Crossing: New Horizons. I swear, that game saved me from going insane during this quarantine! Are you a gamer by any chance? And if so, what is your game of choice?
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    @dashofwicked My husband and I still play FFXIV. Not as much as we used to but we try to log in once a week and do some runs.

These days I'm incessantly playing Stardew Valley while he tries to get through FF15 since 16 is coming soon. XD

Its nice to have other gamers around.
  • jugar
    I love all the gaming talk! I feel old, but that's ok - I just keep the illusion that I could probably give you a run for your money if I decided to join you in the gaming world 😜

Welcome new members! I am the old lady of the bunch, one of your co-captains along with @micki48 and also one of the moderators of the whole F2F gang. I do indeed ride horses, although not as much as I would like lately due to an injury back in April and the fact that my daughter is far away now and we can't ride together. I still go spend time with my spotted friend (the black one with the white spotted butt in my photo - an appaloosa stallion who is the best gentleman I know). I have been known to ride wildly through hill and dale jumping over all kinds of obstacles NOT in a video game, so watch out!!

I feel for you @micki48 @eggfreak and others (including myself) who are going through the autumn tendency to eat all the things, to try to solve stress with food, and reliving the lesson that never stops giving - it is easy to fall off, and hard to get back on. You can do it - pick a day, make it a perfect day, and it will feel amazing enough to make the next day better.

Off to update spreadsheets! New members are all over the place :heart:
  • micki48
    Finished logging, but I’m still finishing off those damn cookies 🍪. I just can’t stop. 😭 Baby steps. Baby steps. I logged my food today. Maybe tomorrow I won’t eat a stack of cookies. Why do I make such good cookies?!

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Now you team is full ... Please welcome @travelingalone1 :)
  • reflectionofme
    reflectionofme Posts: 310 Member
    Username: reflectionofme
    Weigh in day: Monday
    PW: 125.4
    CW: 125.9
This discussion has been closed.