baconslave Posts: 6,956 Member
    Options
    10/23:
    logged and on-plan:innocent:
    exercise:innocent:yard hike
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,862 Member
    Options
    10/24...Goals on track ..getting ready to go on our lonnng walk :)
  • taylok23
    taylok23 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    10/23-10/24
    Calorie goal ✅✅ under calorie both days due to being busy with the new puppy. This is adding major stress to the current dog and hence the rest of the household so we’ll see how things go this week. I may not be very good in the coming week as planning may be shot trying work around the chaos of work and animals!
    Snacking: ❌✅ because I was under both days I’m not worried about a small snack during the day. My problem time is in the evening when I’m not hungry. That hasn’t happened the last couple of days.

The month is nearly over! Time is flying in these crazy times.
  • eneild
    eneild Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Hope everyone had a great weekend!
    10/24-25
    1. Food great both days. Keeping busy helps.
    2. No training run on Saturday, but walked 6 miles doing errands and cleaning the house. 4 mile training run on Sunday plus another 4 miles walking.
  • elize7
    elize7 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Options
    My steps for the week averaged about the same as last week. On 3 days I hit the Mile mark. Shooting for 4 or 5 days this week

Not the greatest outcome, but sustaining is helpful now. For about 4 weeks in a row, I've slowly increased steps and/or maintained the increase of the previous week.

I ordered some keto-like food packets for the next couple weeks to try to reign in my currently erratic pattern of eating. For me, sometimes having less choice helps.
    I hope so. Hope they get here before November so I can make that part of the Nov goal.

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    10/24...Goals on track ..getting ready to go on our lonnng walk :)

I walked 5+ miles on Friday and 6+ miles on Saturday... I am sore so thank goodness Sundays are my rest days .... will resume to my walks tomorrow :)
  • tishsmith101
    tishsmith101 Posts: 1,585 Member
    Options
    elize7 wrote: »
    Not the greatest outcome, but sustaining is helpful now. For about 4 weeks in a row, I've slowly increased steps and/or maintained the increase of the previous week.

Great job!
  • tishsmith101
    tishsmith101 Posts: 1,585 Member
    Options
    During the week I'm doing what I should but I seem to fall apart on the weekends. That can't continue if I'm going to lose some weight and reduce my BMI. Starting to think about November goals.
    Did not log or do strength over the weekend but did get in 5008 steps yesterday and 4581 Sat. Bowling last night.

I try not to beat myself up for slipping and regaining 10 of the 35 I lost a few years ago. I really need to apply the basics all the time and remembering why I'm doing this.
  • kerritho
    kerritho Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    10/27 (down under) I love the 'No Nonsense November' idea. My goals for November:
    - Pre log calories daily - re check to validate in the evening
    - 100k steps per week. (reduced by 5k steps if per hour of bike riding)
    - Swim 3k per week
    - Gym workout 3 times per week
    - Carbs goal achieved daily and weekly
  • eneild
    Options
    Love the idea of no-nonsense November!
    1. Definitely are under calories/carbs today as the parents of my daughter’s friend (he’s been staying with us since college went online in March) arrive tonight from Mexico for a week long visit. Feeling the nerves!
    2. 5 mile training run plus another 7 miles walked at work.
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    Mrs_Hoffer Posts: 5,194 Member
    Options
    Is it too late to join this party? I think that I read that newbies can join anytime. I lost about 50 lbs in 2018 on keto and fell off the wagon right around this time of the year. Now, 2 years later, I've gained back more than half of that weight. My goals for Oct/Nov are:
    Get back into keto: <30g carbs per day
    Pre-logging all my food/snacks & staying UNDER my 1200 goal!
    75k steps per week
    Walking at least 30 mins per day (Mon is my rest day)
    Weight lifting at least 3x per week
    Starting weight (today) is: 189.5
  • ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,366 Member
    Options
    10/23-10/27
    I have done a good job of keeping calories in check and eating like I should. Rode the bike on Friday but had to cut the ride short as it started raining (hard!). I stayed active for the weekend running errands and doing chores around the house. Haven't ridden this week because we had a cold front move in (not a problem) with rain (problem). Will have to hit the elipticle later today to make up for the lack of exercise.
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,956 Member
    Options
    Mrs_Hoffer wrote: »
    Is it too late to join this party? I think that I read that newbies can join anytime. I lost about 50 lbs in 2018 on keto and fell off the wagon right around this time of the year. Now, 2 years later, I've gained back more than half of that weight. My goals for Oct/Nov are:
    75k steps per week

Never too late!
    I'll have a new challenge for November, and I'll link it here when it is up and everyone can just come on over.
    Welcome!!!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    10/27 Goals Met ....and we walked 7.17 miles today ... I am working my way up to where I left off (10 miles) before my foot injuries :)
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    Mrs_Hoffer Posts: 5,194 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970 that's awesome! How often do you do long walks like that? A couple of summers ago I was walking average 10 miles on the weekends. A couple of times I walked 15 and 18 miles as well! I lost over 50lbs that summer walking and doing keto. I can't wait to get back to it!! I walked 6 miles yesterday and 3 today. My knees hurt today from the 6 miles. Kudos to YOU!
  • Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    baconslave wrote: »
    Mrs_Hoffer wrote: »
    75k steps per week

Never too late!
    I'll have a new challenge for November, and I'll link it here when it is up and everyone can just come on over.
    Welcome!!!

I figure I've dilly dallyed so much I may as well wait until November now :D I'll join in once that thread's posted and introduce myself properly for those who don't know me from Gen Pop.
  • eneild
    Options
    1. Back on track with my normal diet today.
    2. 4 mile training run plus another 8 miles walked as a pretty busy day at work today! Rest day from running tomorrow.