raleighgirl09 Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    adhmrh wrote: »
    WEIGH IN

PW 255.8
    CW 252.2

Loss for October 7.8 pounds!!
    adhmrh wrote: »
    Good morning! Today is not a fun day - will be having a tooth extracted mid day. Would appreciate your thoughts and prayers. I really dislike going to the dentist it stresses me out.

Will try to catch up soon!!!

@adhmrh this is like "The Good, the Bad and the Painful" episode of life!! Congrats on a great loss for the week and month but....oooooooouuuuuuch! I have a huge dental phobia, my dentist is often mopping up tears from my cheeks. I hope it went smoothly!
  • raleighgirl09
    Options
    raleighgirl09
    Tuesday check in

Hi gang! Moment of epiphany, here. I did not have a great day today - much like @trooworld it happened in a flash and at the end of the day, for me. Water was really good, sleep was good for the time in bed to time up, although Fitbit "steals" time from me by counting my awake time against me....grumbling... I didn't get a walk, though, what with work and a couple of interviews and an errand that went sideways and was stressful. Fast forward to when I was cooking and took a dive into the crackers and pimento cheese while cooking. I'll be adding that to the diary and adjusting my pre-plans to what actually happened. It will be what it is (and it's already digesting, right?).

The epiphany...? Oh. Well - I had a conscious thought about not doing a check in with the group given this event. Like an on-purpose 'not sure I want to check in with bad news' kinda moment. And then I thought - that is, THIS IS, the exact day I need to do it most. We don't support one another through nothing but great days because, although we have great days and cheer each other on for those, mediocre and meh days, and some not-great days likely vastly outnumber the fantastic days for all of us. AND. I don't need the support on fantastic days like I need it on this kind. And the support should start with me - with me taking the time and energy to say hey guys, had a not great day and tomorrow I will have a better one. Hope you all had better than this but if not - keep going and do better tomorrow.

Welcome to @SammyDee2015 and @ChristBeforeCheesecake it's great to have you onboard!
    @trooworld it sounds like the majority of the day went well and I know it stinks to have that moment. Are there portable and non-perishable emergency snacks you can carry in the car for just such moments? I had an apple snack planned for before dinner today and didn't have it, only to find myself noshing on pimento cheese and crackers while cooking...uh, quite the difference in nutrient count. =<
    @TeresaW1020 I do the reverse in my house, working to keep things lower carb for the hubs and have some if I want them. It's hard for one pot type things but when it is protein and veggies, I can add a carb for me pretty easily. I had the Kodiak pancakes a few months ago, they are pretty tasty - I bet if you stay lower on carbs for a few days, it will even out
    @AustinRuadhain I find as I get older, it is harder and harder to find the stamina for the late nights of work! I know it must be a sup stressor project if it's keeping you up and motivated into the night. I hope it is done, SOON!
    @TwistedSassette I hope you had a better day, today! Some sleep helps and yay for the approved drugs to help us over a hump (says someone who works in clinical research)!
    @bethanie0825 congrats, awesome weigh in!! => B)
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,574 Member
    Options
    Hi Mission Slimpossible ... Please welcome @SammyDee2015 to your team :)

Aww. Thanks for the introduction Megan.
    Hi Team! I am gonna take sometime to scroll through all the information so I can try to be an asset ( instead of just an a&$ 😆 ) but for now: A majority of pounds I lost have returned home and even settled in this past long while. I have tried many things to get them to move back out, to no avail. Guessing I haven’t been trying hard enough, so now I am planning to forcefully evict! 🤞🌸

bjttii18jbh6.gif

Welcome, Sammy! We are delighted you have joined us, and hope we can help you evict those unwanted pounds!
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,600 Member
    Options
    @TeresaW1020 Yay, you're on your new chair! I'm doing a combination of exercises, a friend told me about the app FitOn and there's a yoga routine called Get Your Back Back, I combine that with sit ups and oblique exercises. I think it's an 18 minute video, it was the only yoga routine I was able to do when I had problems with my ribs and I continued doing it.

@SammyDee2015 Welcome to the gang!

@TwistedSassette I hope you feel better, sleep is so important for recovery. Sounds like you had fun with your sister!

@ChristBeforeCheesecake Nice name! What a stressful job right now, the main interaction I'm getting these days is with medical professionals, thank you for putting up with all of us, you guys are awesome! Feel free to jump right in!

@AustinRuadhain I have no doubt your weight will be back down, your late night snack sounds really good!

@trooworld I'll check out your recipe but I don't have any shrimp! The cookies tasted good to me but the guy I'm seeing says some of them taste like soap. Of course he still eats them which I don't get, they taste fine to me so if they taste weird pass 'em on over! I think it's the butter as it tastes a bit odd, I know there's no way 1/3 of them got soap on them!

@adhmrh I didn't see this in time but hope you're sound asleep and not feeling any pain, I hope tomorrow your mouth is back to normal. The dentist is never fun, even if it's a great one!

@raleighgirl09 Glad you're doing well with sleep! I don't recall but do you drink tea? It's ALMOST time for Trader Joe's to get it's peppermint on, I just had my last tea bag of the Christmas peppermint and am going to buy like ten boxes this year! I love tea at night now that it's cooler, it ups water intake and helps with cravings.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,600 Member
    Options
    Tuesday check in
    Exercise- stretching and core exercises
    Calories- slightly over

Not much going on, got my ballot to the drop off box and picked up a few groceries. I'm discovering the CBD oil that did absolutely nothing orally helps topically. That means high THC and low THC makes my pain worse, CBD does nothing orally but helps topically. I have no desire to try smoking it again, I'd rather swallow swords or crash my car into a train than deal with marijuana nerve pain! It's not cheap so I'd hate to buy the wrong thing and have it make me worse plus it only lasts a short time, the dispensary doesn't know why I'm so sensitive to it so I don't even know if it's worth looking into. It's stinky even diluted since I'm using it on both legs but not as stinky as menthol. Anyhow, something to think about.
  • Jactop
    Jactop Posts: 691 Member
    Options

Candy bowls at work can be such a terrible temptation! I have had a couple of jobs where we always had sweets on the staff table, and it was challenging. What works for you, as a way to get around that?
    I hear ya. I feel like I work in a candy bowl lol. I should turn the showcases around so the glass is on my side and the customers can help themselves. Since that's not possible I'd like to hear what everyone else's strategies are for avoiding the office candy bowl.

Mon/Tue Check in
    1. No sugar ✔
    2. Monitor water intake ✔
    3. 30 min of activity per day ✔

Could've planned yesterday a little better as far as exercising and hydrating earlier in the day. Both affected my sleep so I'm anticipating some major cravings today and I'll be surrounded by chocolate ☹ On the up side since I was awake at 5am I have time to make a good lunch, workout, get caught up reading posts and plan dinner before work. Hopefully all will help me stick to my no sugar plan. This will be Day 3

• trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,938 Member
    Options
    @TeresaW1020 Yes, it does. Thank you! How fun to shop for Christmas decorations!!! I know you will figure out the food thing, it just may take a bit.

@TwistedSassette I hope your back feels better soon.

@raleighgirl09 Yes, you are right to check in! We need to hear the good, the bad, the ugly! LOL I hope your day is better today. <3 Yeah, the majority of my day WAS good but typical for me, if I have one thing that goes bad, I color the whole day negative. I'm going to make a list of portable and non-perishable things. I was trying to think of some, but all I can think of are those bars that are like a zillion WW points. One thing I can do is pre-portion some almonds in baggies. But that would be a light snack. What I really need to do is make sure my lunch I bring next week doesn't need to be heated up.

@Katmary71 Ah, well, hold the recipe for another day! :) Cookies tasted like soap? LOL Did they have cilantro in them? ;)

@Jactop Can you bring your OWN candy that is safe to eat and think in your head "That's my candy, I don't need any of this candy" (and it can be fruit or whatever, if you don't really want to eat candy. But I would want to eat sugar free peanut butter cups :D ).

Hi all. Well, yesterday was a bit better. I didn't eat fast food. I didn't get to do my physical therapy exercises, I had to run errands after work, but I ate following my meal plan and I'm satisfied with how the day went. I hope to do those exercises today.

Tuesday:
    Calories: over/under: over
    Water: over/under: over
    Exercise: walk
    - rate my hunger on a scale of 1-10 before I eat - not accomplished
    - track 90% of food intake - 100% accomplished
    - get at least 7 hours of sleep every night - not accomplished
    - drink 2 (26 oz) bottles of water a day - 100% accomplished
    - meditate for at least 15 minutes a day - 100% accomplished
    - put my utensil down between bites - 100% accomplished
    - ask myself if I'm really hungry before eating anything - 100% accomplished
    - leave at least 3 bites of food on my plate at each meal - not accomplished
    - track 90% of food intake
    - get at least 7 hours of sleep every night
    - drink 2 (26 oz) bottles of water a day
    - meditate for at least 15 minutes a day
    - put my utensil down between bites
    - ask myself if I'm really hungry before eating anything
    - leave at least 3 bites of food on my plate at each meal
  • GabiV125
    GabiV125 Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    Username: GabiV125
    Check in day: Wednesday
    PW: 131.4 lb
    CW: 131.0 lb

100 days challenge, day 35, Oct 27:
    -eat within calories ✅, 30/35
    -walk 15,000 steps ❌, 25/35

Not feeling very active lately (I do shorter walks and my dog got a little winter fluffy), so I’m paying more attention to not go overboard with eating. It paid on the scale but it paid more by not beating myself up.
    I’m trying to observe my behavior with no good/bad rating attached to it (read it here somewhere and sounded great). To do that, I released the inner geek and made myself a spreadsheet with 10 or so columns, for the 100 days challenge and found some weird correlations: between non-sleep and lazy/angry/defeated days, or no carbs to not enough water, or less protein to cravings in the evening. I’m aware that this experiment won’t give me the all-in-one answer, but I need the distraction and it’s fun.

Welcome new colleagues!!!
  • TwistedSassette
    TwistedSassette Posts: 8,677 Member
    Options
    @SammyDee2015 Welcome! I love your sass, I'm sure you'll fit right in here!

@raleighgirl09 Great epiphany. You're so right. It's when we're down that we need our support network to lift us back up. Way to go, owning your actions and putting them behind you!

@Katmary71 Good to see you back :smile:

@Jactop You're an inspiration - I don't know how you stay away from the chocolate when it's right there all the time just looking at you!!

@GretchenReine Chin up! We all have those times where we don't want to admit to our behaviours, but you've showed up and owned up and that's a brave first step. It sounds like you maybe need to just start small rather than jumping back in with both feet. Is there any way that we can help support you more?

@TeresaW1020 I'm glad the new eating plan seems to be working for you (though I don't know how you do it!). Have you ever looking into calorie cycling? It sort of sounds like that's what you're doing, in combination with the IF. From what I remember when I looked into it years ago, it can be quite effective at shaking your body into actually losing weight, since it knows there will be a higher calorie meal/day coming soon it doesn't hold onto those fat cells quite as tightly. Kind of like changing your workout routine I guess!

@GabiV125 I'm glad I'm not the only spreadsheet geek here! It's interesting what correlations you can find when you start tracking data. I like the attitude that it's just data too - not good/bad, just facts!

@adhmrh Back to work the day after a tooth extraction?! You're tough!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Hi all, just a little update from me. Yesterday was ok, I finished with a small deficit (though consumed more calories than I intended). I was starting to feel some guilt about not exercising at all this week so far. I don't want to make excuses, but with my back feeling how it is right now, I think I would just make it worse if I tried to do anything more than a few minutes of walking. It does feel more free when I walk around so maybe I'll just try to get my steps up a bit throughout the day. Better than what I've been doing which is getting home from work (desk job) and sitting on the lounge for the evening!

100 DAY CHALLENGE GOALS
    Day 36: Wednesday 28 October
    1. Log calories eaten: Yes - 24/36
    2. 20 mins exercise: No - 18/36
    3. Record a calorie deficit: Yes - 19/36
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    @GabiV125 I think creating a spreadsheet to track your habits is a great idea! It will give you some good insights into what works and what needs improvement. :)

@GretchenReine I do recommend that you check in more often. Even if it’s just a sentence. It will get you in the habit and hopefully help you stick to what you need to be doing. Yes, routine sounds like a good idea for you. As does putting yourself high on the list of people that you MUST take care of. <3

@adhmrh Ouch sorry that the extraction was so rough. Is it a tooth you plan on getting an implant or will you learn to live with the hole? I’m working on living with the hole that was created from my extraction and looking forward to when eating on that side doesn’t bother me. :#

@TwistedSassette Yes! I have heard of calorie cycling and you are right that what I’m doing is very much that. The difference is that I fast with nothing but water and black coffee and then only eat one small meal for that day. That allows my body to drop insulin and tap into my fat stores. Then it is very important for me to eat at least two meals the next day so that my body knows food is available and I am not starving it. I’m doing the same with carb cycling and hope that helps as well. ;) Yes, I agree that you shouldn’t work out with your usual workouts but you should do some walking. That is what I’ve been doing and it’s really helping. Fingers crossed for us both that we will get better soon. :)

Hi team! Checking in for the night before I head off to church. I had a very good day and got a lot of stuff done and managed to fast for 24 hours. I ate my small meal in 15 minutes and will fast for at least another 18 hours. Until I come home from work or the boss takes us out to lunch, which I will totally go since I need to eat two meals tomorrow. :grin: I was looking up my BMI today and found this website that calculates using a different approach that takes into account your gender and age. I really liked that it put me in the overweight category instead of obese. I put my beginning weight of 264 and it was fun to see how far I’ve come. Still got a ways to go but I will get there! Here it is if you want to check it out. https://www.smartbmicalculator.com/

100-Day Challenge Goals: Day 36
    1. Fast clean for 19+ hours, with 2 days at 23+ hours. I fasted 24 hours
    2. Workout six days a week (either BOD program, treadmill, or deep cleaning). Walked my treadmill for 30 minutes and did some housework.
    3. Eat at least 90% on plan, which means mostly low carb with one or two days of high-carbs. I had my 500 calorie meal today. Scrambled eggs with cheese and salsa and a cup of coffee with heavy cream.
  • itsmegina
    itsmegina Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    @TeresaW1020 Thanks for that calculator! I plugged in my stats and it gave me some good info 😀
  • raleighgirl09
    Options
    raleighgirl09
    Wednesday check in

Seriously - Wednesday already??? Today has been better. Water is great - I am working on one bottle by lunch, one by dinner and one by bedtime. See if I can keep it simple and easier to attain - that will be 96 ounces. Calories are a little higher than intended but in an ok range - and I pre-planned and pre-logged for the most part. Didn't get more than a short walk so steps are only about 6,000 (boo!). I'm off to bed soon and don't have to get up until 8 so sleep will be ok. My biggest win today is being much more mindful, much more of the day. Much more aware and more invested and I feel like I am coming back to a much more committed mind set. I totally get it - those of us who are struggling and it is taking a long time to get back to good habits. I'm one of us, fo' sho'.

No shame in the game - 'cause I'm still in it to win it.

@Katmary71 the sleep has oddly been good - except for a weird few days when I tried taking turmeric and it interrupted my sleep and made me dizzy! Who knew...? Think I'll look for the peppermint tea next time I visit Joe's. I'm good for tea for a while and then drift off but it's good while it lasts! I have been curious about CBD for a while - keep us posted!
    @Jactop I used to work in a doctor's office - between well-meaning managers, drug reps and grateful patients, it was NOTORIOUS for having candy and goodies all the time! I used to go into the breakroom and cover the boxes and bowls with hand towels. I know - not really practical but it made me feel better. Later, when faced with a vending machine addiction at another place, I came to realize and understand the regret of momentary candy indulgences. I guess I have a weird line now - it's not as if I won't indulge or overeat (just look at my diary for proof in the puddin') but it isn't usually in that type of thing anymore. I'm still a work in progress.....

@TeresaW1020 Thank you. That was a good read. I need to do better about checking in more.

I'm struggling with getting myself onto any sort of schedule. I know I need to. I know once I do that the habit becomes easier to maintain...but getting there is just so freaking hard this time. There is just so much going on in life that the stress and depression makes it hard for me to put myself first. Hell...I'm not even putting myself in the top 10 I don't think. I have my journal and I'm trying to make myself get back to the gym so I can at least start working on a routine.

@GretchenReine so glad you came back for some support and more interaction. It's likely that what you're feeling (embarrassment, or otherwise) is a reflection of how you feel about you, not really what you think we're thinking. That is the hardest part to get past - truly. Isn't it easy for us to say "be good to yourself, be kind to yourself" and move on...? The truth is - we all have this fear of failing ourselves and we all need the reminder from time to time. Two solid goals - journaling and going to the gym. Give yourself permission to take those in small chunks and get some wins under your belt with actionable goals. Can you make you the top priority for the first 15 minutes of the day for journaling? Can you commit to 1 day a week at the gym for the first (however many) weeks until it's solid and not a struggle? You don't need a 100% overhaul to make progress..... => Take this from one who falls and fails all too often.

@trooworld today was better for most steps - not a perfect day but better, I'll take it! I get it about the lunch plans - sometimes I plan for almost a second lunch on the way home such as, I pack a low cal pita bread and stuff it with low sodium turkey and eat it on the way home. It's kinda fast food but controlled; just remember to take it out of the work fridge before leaving! I just know I am often hungry at that time.
    @TeresaW1020 I have also used that calculator and like it! It takes more into account than just height and weight. You are doing so well with the IF, congrats on that progress!
    @TwistedSassette ugh on the back issues..... =< I have also found that gentle walking helps when my back, hip or knee are being cranky. Even a little helps and....the more we move, the longer we'll move. I remind myself at those times that one day, these will be the good old days when I could do so much.
    @adhmrh I agree with @TwistedSassette - back at work right away after a rough dental is something! I'm glad it's over for you and you're on the upswing of healing.
    @Firefly743 glad you popped in - and so sorry work has been a bear! 9.5 being a "slow" day is saying a lot.... =< I hope it can be a little more balanced soon!
  • raleighgirl09
    Options
    Hi Mission Slimpossible ... Please welcome @SammyDee2015 to your team :)

Aww. Thanks for the introduction Megan.
    Hi Team! I am gonna take sometime to scroll through all the information so I can try to be an asset ( instead of just an a&$ 😆 ) but for now: A majority of pounds I lost have returned home and even settled in this past long while. I have tried many things to get them to move back out, to no avail. Guessing I haven’t been trying hard enough, so now I am planning to forcefully evict! 🤞🌸

bjttii18jbh6.gif

Welcome, Sammy! We are delighted you have joined us, and hope we can help you evict those unwanted pounds!

@AustinRuadhain I love these memes! I'm hoping you get to bed by your goal of 12 - I say as I have not yet gone myself! HA! B)
This discussion has been closed.