Weight No More - October 2020 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• kirsten11872
    kirsten11872 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    @1theresamcvean I’m not sure if it’s too late to go back into the weigh-loss challenge. I was going to go into maintenance, but I had an off week. I was down all week & this morning up a pound. I want to lose about 5-7 pounds, so I’m hoping by going back into the weigh-loss challenge it’ll keep me motivated.

Let me know. Thanks!😊
  • lennoncpa
    lennoncpa Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    @tryingagain5 thanks for the encouragement. I was doing so good this year and that’s what makes me so mad at myself. It’s definitely a mindset that keeps me eating correctly and I seem to have lost that mindset! I don’t want to keep going back and forth with my weight. I want to get to a point where I make peace with food. I sometimes wonder if there’s something bothering me and that it comes out in the form of me overeating or eating junk! I’ve been tempted to pull through a McDonald’s drive through and thank goodness I haven’t given in to that urge! Mostly it’s just the quantity of food I’m eating that’s wrong. Not the choice of food.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,086 Member
    Options
    The November Team Chat page is OPEN!

Go ahead there for introductions, plans, strategies - all things November.
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10814374/weight-no-more-november-2020-team-chat#latest

Keep posting HERE for all final October weigh-ins, etc. Thanks!
  • sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    Check in for Friday
    Food-logged and on track
    Water-64 oz
    Exercise-PT and stretching

Happy Halloween!! This damn candy! It will be gone tonight at least. I am doing well otherwise. I still haven't gotten down to the basement to exercise. I really need to be in a good routine and consistent in November and through the holidays. It won't be an exciting weekend, I plan to continue my fall cleaning. I will be happy when it is done.

@podperson1 It is important to take time for yourself. The twitch session sounds fun-I am not exactly sure what that is but sounds like you will be having fun with some friends. Enjoy!
    @lennoncpa You have plenty of time to finish the year strong! I know that you are still going strong with your workouts, you are really in such a great routine with those. You will get back with the eating. I got some chocolate and pumpkin pie hummus this week and thought of you! Dan's last exam is Financial Accounting and Reporting. He has two degrees, accounting and Finance so you would think that would help with this one...
    @tryingagain5 Sounds like a good plan with PT. You will get more exercises as you go along. It is important to do your "homework" too as I am sure you know. I am glad that you are still seeing your trainer and he can work around it. He will make sure you remember that jumping jack comment Lol! I am putting off my annual physical because I my weight, I need to get moving myself!
    @hope002 and @kiane50 Nice losses!!
    @KUMEcyclingteam Amazing steps! I guess busy is good at work. Nice to see that poop doesn't get censored Lol!
    @lenka1 Nice loss! Hope the kiddos have a happy Halloween!
    @1theresamcvean Sending hugs! Hope you start feeling better soon. I know Ulcerative Colitis is tough.
    @kos33 Nice loss! Glad you had time of to reset and recharge. Good luck with the second half of the term.
    @kandi3570 Hope you feel better soon. I think it is a good idea to rest this weekend. We need to get rid of this Halloween Candy too!
    @Zumba_Luvah Nice loss! Good bye 150s!!
    @kirsten11872 You will get those last pounds off! I know you can!

• goingape
    goingape Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Hi all. Weigh in for going ape!

Last week 152.4
    This week 152
    Loss of .4

I was hoping for a bit more but will take it. I have been fighting the battle of cookies this week so I can hardly be shocked. I had thought I was doing so good by not buying Halloween mini chocolate bars and then go I and make cookies. 🤦🏻‍♀️

In more exiting news I’ve been waiting not so patiently for my aerobic step to arrive for the step class I’m planning on doing on Sunday’s. Can’t wait!

Yoga is up for this morning. We are currently in the middle of a windstorm here, I had to run outside and rescue my styrofoam skull, glad it didn’t go too far. I’m still down a plastic pumpkin and my tinsel cat. Will need to scout around and see
    where they ended up.
  • lennoncpa
    Options
    @sleepymom5 thanks for the support! I think people who have been in this group for awhile think of me with hummus and nuts! I actually have a drawer in my refrigerator dedicated to my favorite hummus! Yes- a whole drawer!!! I also let loose with some nuts this week! Like a huge can and sure enough I finished it off last night!

You must be so proud of Dan. Good for him and I wish him the best. Sounds like he saved the best for last too! Lol
  • brown6267
    brown6267 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    10/30 steps 10930

Maintenance weight 133.0
  • 1theresamcvean
    1theresamcvean Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    @1theresamcvean I’m not sure if it’s too late to go back into the weigh-loss challenge. I was going to go into maintenance, but I had an off week. I was down all week & this morning up a pound. I want to lose about 5-7 pounds, so I’m hoping by going back into the weigh-loss challenge it’ll keep me motivated.

Let me know. Thanks!😊

It's never too late, my friend. You've got this!

I read a good article about set points in weight loss on MFP. You probably know this already. It's about how our bodies try to maintain a certain weight that it's used to. It works really hard at it because our bodies seek homeostasis. The best way to establish a new set point weight is to lose weight slowly, step down to a new set point, hover there (even maintain that for a while), and then step down again to your next set point.

• 1theresamcvean
    Options
    4newrunner22
    Weigh in Day: Sat
    Previous Weight: 232
    Current Weight: 233

Welcome, Don!

Luckily your first 'official' weigh day will be next Saturday, November 7th. We move to our November team chat tomorrow. I'll post the link shortly.

If you want to, you can share your loss to date LTD, which can be pre-MFP so the highest you have weighed. It's optional but allows us to celebrate more milestones here on the team with you.

This would be your format if so:
    7 Nov 2020
    Username: 4newrunner22
    Weigh-in week: Week 1
    Weigh-in day: Saturday
    Previous weight: 232.0
    Today's weight: ---.-
    Loss to date: --.-

• tryingagain5
    tryingagain5 Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    @lennoncpa
    You're welcome! I like the term you used. "Making peace with food" Like you said it's possible that something is bothering you and then you turn to food or possibly not.

For me, I find that I just like to eat and most times it's unhealthy foods. I don't know why that is. I know I can lose weight since I've done it so many times before. I end up getting to a certain point and then those bad habits come back and I have trouble getting back on track.

Sometimes I do the same thing where it's the quantity of food and not the quality.
    Although lately it's both the quantity and quality! Time to stop that!

Glad you're not giving in to the McDonald's urges! Great NSV's!

I've been giving in to those unhealthy urges a lot lately. Time to strengthen my resistance muscle, as a wise dietitian once told me.
  • tryingagain5
    tryingagain5 Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    @sleepymom5

Halloween candy is always a problem! Good thing I live in a condo complex and have never gotten any trick or treaters since I've lived here. Not that it will help this year but my suggestion would be to buy things you don't like to hand out.

Happy cleaning!

Yes, the therapist said he would give me more "homework" as we go along. I definitely know I need to do it and I am.😁
    I know people who didn't do their therapy "homework" and they still have problems.

Oh, my trainer is definitely going to remember my jumping jacks comments! No way will he let me forget I said that!😉

I can see why you would put off your appointment. I don't want to put off my annual physical because my weight is up, though. I had the issue with the bleeding early this year that was found with the bloodwork for the appointment. I had no idea. Since I had other issues this year I plan on keeping it, even though the doc may "yell" at me. He does that in the nicest possible way. I will do my best to lose some of the weight I gained between now and then.
  • Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    gwuo2uj48016.jpeg

Happy Halloween everyone! See you over on the new thread tomorrow!!
  • 1theresamcvean
    Options
    kquin0g6w9it.png
    We're Moving!

We're still here until midnight. That's a bit spookier since it's Hallowe'en, but we'll have a bright blue moon to guide us.

See you all on the new team chat tomorrow: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10814374/weight-no-more-november-2020-team-chat#latest
  • 1theresamcvean
    Options
    @lennoncpa Fafi was so lucky to have you and looks like royalty here. Will you get a new foster dog soon?
  • lennoncpa
    Options
    @1theresamcvean there is actually a shortage of rescue dogs right now. It’s one good thing that has come out of the pandemic. More people are working from home so they are getting dogs. The only dogs available for me to foster right now are brand new puppies from a litter and I learned my lesson about taking on puppies! They are so cute but so so so much work!!
  • 1theresamcvean
    Options
    lennoncpa wrote: »
    @1theresamcvean there is actually a shortage of rescue dogs right now. It’s one good thing that has come out of the pandemic. More people are working from home so they are getting dogs. The only dogs available for me to foster right now are brand new puppies from a litter and I learned my lesson about taking on puppies! They are so cute but so so so much work!!

Ohhh, they really are. We nursed little Bella for six days. There were two of us and it broke my neighbour. She was sleepless and in tears. Good news ~ the two who survived are thriving and now have names. Missy and Elsa.

I hope you can see your grandpup soon, Sheryl.
  • Melzz19
    Melzz19 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    PW 217.2
    CW 214.4
This discussion has been closed.