Weight No More - October 2020 Team Chat

Replies

• goingape
    goingape Posts: 429 Member
    @Freeglerock your glasses look fab on you!! I hear you on the challenges with Eyeglasses shopping during covid. I will be going shopping soon for mine.

@1theresamcvean congrats on your puppy midwife role! How very exciting!

@ljdanny glad you are up and about.

@Cafelelia i hear you on the outside winter socializing!

@melaniedscott glad your plumbing issues was less than expected and that your symptoms have a pattern of improving. Hopefully they keep getting better.

I had a good day eating and exercise wise. Feeling back on track. I do need to get some fruit / veg groceries...might be venturing out tomorrow.
  • pacsnc6
    pacsnc6 Posts: 978 Member
    pacsnc6
    Weigh in Thursday
    Week 2
    pw:160.2
    cw: 160
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,203 Member
    minstrelofsarcasm
    October Week Two

Weigh In Day: Thursdays
    PW (Previous Weight): 166.4 (October 8th)
    CW (Current Weight): 165.8 (October 15th)
    LTD (Loss to Date): 68.2 lbs

I guess ice cream doesn't weigh me down as much as I thought! Here's hoping nothing else pops up to knock me off track. Getting back on my exercise routine was definitely helpful, and after going grocery shopping, I'm quite confident that I can improve my eating.

Food: The past week, I was coming down from my Covid case as well as the MS flareups that were spawned from it. This caused a lot of stress eating, a lot of ordering food to be delivered to my door, a lot of eating directly out of the bag of pretzels/chocolate chips/tortilla chips/craisins... And I most definitely was not in the right head space to log any of those binges, out of fear for those big red numbers to appear on my main page.

Exercise: It was quite a transformation from where I was last week to where I am this week. A week ago, I was doing light bodyweight exercises on the yoga mat in my living room. On Sunday, a stationary bike was dropped off at my apartment by someone at the spin studio. I did three rides. By Tuesday, I brought that bike back and returned to the gym, grateful that I could reacclimate my body to spinning after more than two weeks away, because Tuesday morning's class was tough. As of today, I am debating how to attend other types of classes to get some cross training done. My muscles need more attention. And yet, I still may attend a spin class tonight.

Water: This is the one thing that remains constant. My MS makes me incredibly aware of my hydration levels at pretty much all times, so I am always drinking water. Silver linings.

Next Week: I am back on my exercise routine, which should feed into getting back on the healthy eating wagon. I have an appointment scheduled with my neurologist to monitor how I'm doing, I've also got another blood test on the calendar. Honestly, I'm just glad to get all of this over with before my mini-vacation at the end of the month.
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,059 Member
    Ljdanny
    Week 2
    Thursday
    Pw 192
    Cw 187.8
  • 1theresamcvean
    1theresamcvean Posts: 931 Member
    @minstrelofsarcasm I'm going to weigh-in on Saturday rather than Friday this week. Since we had our Thanksgiving dinner on Monday, I think it will be more reflective.
  • brown6267
    brown6267 Posts: 476 Member
    10/14 steps 4042
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,059 Member
    Well I loved seeing that loss on the scale this week but I know it's just because I haven't been able to eat much. I'm sure once I can eat like a normal person some of that will come back. I am hoping I can be more mindful of the way I eat. Instead of shoveling my food down my throat, taking my time to chew it and put my fork down between bites. I definitely dont want to take an hour to eat a meal like I have been doing but a little more time than I usually do. So maybe this surgery is teaching me something.
  • 1theresamcvean
    ljdanny wrote: »
    Well I loved seeing that loss on the scale this week but I know it's just because I haven't been able to eat much. I'm sure once I can eat like a normal person some of that will come back. I am hoping I can be more mindful of the way I eat. Instead of shoveling my food down my throat, taking my time to chew it and put my fork down between bites. I definitely dont want to take an hour to eat a meal like I have been doing but a little more time than I usually do. So maybe this surgery is teaching me something.

What a nice number to see. You are having a great recovery and this silver lining is a plus. Learning to eat mindfully is hard, so if you learn that from having neck surgery that's fantastic. Big hug.
  • 1theresamcvean
    kiane50 wrote: »
    Not sure why I picked thurs mornings for weigh in because we always go out on wed nights for dinner
    PW 216
    CW 214.8
    GW 155
    (Lost 1.2).

Great loss considering you went out for dinner. Well done!
  • 1theresamcvean
    kandi3570 wrote: »
    @kiane50 nice loss. Congrats
    @ljdanny it’s good that you are learning in your journey. Not the greatest circumstances to learn from. I hope you feel more yourself soon. It will get easier with time.

I’m attaching pics. The first is me at my heaviest in 2018. The second is today. I finally broke 60 pounds. I’m not where I want to be yet but At least I’m not where I was both emotionally and physically.

You look beautiful in both pictures. You're much happier and confident in the second. Great work!
  • sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,453 Member
    Check-in: Wednesday
    Food: Logged and on target
    Water: 64 oz
    Exercise: 25 min walk

I don't know why I always feel like I can be doing better. Yesterday was good but I feel like it could be doing more. My goal for this week is to get back into my normal routine and I am doing that. I also haven't been feeling great so I do really think this is good for now but that little voice always has something to say. I also have been struggling fitting PT in. I haven't even been doing my "just enough" version consistently since I have been home. I think it is because I would usually do it right when I got up at the shore. I get up before Jim here so that isn't going to work. I will figure it out. Hope everyone has a great day! It is supposed to be a beautiful day here in Philadelphia.

@ljdanny Awesome loss this week! I know you aren't eating as you normally do but maybe you can take this loss and just jump back to your normal eating habits and not go overboard when you can eat normally again. Hopefully you will learn a few things along the way. This is something I should work on, I know I eat way too fast. I am glad you got the surgery done. I hope you are feeling better soon. It is good that you are slowly getting back into your activity. I think it is good for your mental health to get outside when you can. I can't believe your granddaughter is going to be one! Enjoy her celebration!
    @1theresamcvean What great ideas for continuing the outdoor socialization. Especially the electric blanket.
    @kandi3570 Wow! 60 lbs! What a difference! Beef jerky over fast food is definitely a win! Your dog is a cutie! My dog likes to lay that way, especially when she wants a belly rub lol! Did you ever try walking around when you are at the games (when they aren't playing). I used to get a lot of steps in that way, especially at tournaments.
    @mainebeachbum Not a bad day...how are things going?
    @goingape I am glad that you are back on track and doing well.
    @minstrelofsarcasm I am glad to hear you are feeling better and getting back to your routine after Covid. I am sure that was scary when you found out. How nice of your gym to drop off a spin bike for you. That shows how dedicated you are when even your gym knows how much you'd be missing your workouts!
    @kiane50 Still a nice loss, even after a night out!
  • Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    Wednesday check in
    I had another good day yesterday. I was on track with my plan, did some IF, and went for a walk. Stress has been more in check this week too. I think that part of that was realizing how much I have on the go, and cutting myself some slack. I am starting to think about my planning and cooking for the weekend, and just put in a grocery order. For those of you who don’t know, I started doing my large grocery shopping online when I was injured last year. The habit stuck with me after I recovered, and now with the pandemic, I continue to do it. It saves me a lot of time and it saves my back too from the heavy lifting. I still wipe everything down and that sure does take a lot of time though.

@sleepymom5 - Tell that little voice to take a hike!

@kandi3570 - You look beautiful in both photos and your transformation is really noticeable! Congratulations on losing 60 lbs!! That is awesome!

@kiane50 - Nice loss!

@ljdanny - Great loss! Hope that you are feeling better and that your recovery continues to go smoothly!

@minstrelofsarcasm - You are such a powerhouse! You recovered from COVID, lost some weight and just did a whole bunch of exercise. Wow!
  • Freeglerock
    Freeglerock Posts: 2,864 Member
    @pacsnc6 So pleased to hear your news - fantastic result. xx
  • podperson1
    podperson1 Posts: 207 Member
    Hi all,

Super behind on posts but can see lots of awesome losses going on xx

Weigh in
    username - podperson1
    week - 3
    PW - 175.2
    CW - 176.6

That has been a lot worse last weekend lol. Just feeling a bit like I've been moving up and down the same 5lbs for ages now - really need to get my butt in gear!

Had a lovely birthday (as evidenced by the scales!), even though it was rather strange not to be able to really go anywhere. Had a few drinks, much too much cake, and spent most of the night online chatting with friends - not quite the same but better than nothing. I'm back working from home again this week, which has been a bit stressful and really not helped with the eating habits. I am very aware that I need to find a better coping strategy than automatically turning to food but old habits are rather hard to break.
  • mainebeachbum
    mainebeachbum Posts: 385 Member
    Thursday
    Steps 8442
    Water 40 oz
    Walk 16 min
    Food - still skipping logging dinner, fairly healthy choices though, just didn’t want to deal with recipe builder for 2 things. I should go back and do them tomorrow because I make that meal fairly often.

@podperson1 Happy Belated Birthday!
    @pacsnc6 Thats awesome news!
    @ljdanny Prayers for a speedy recovery!

• brown6267
    brown6267 Posts: 476 Member
    10/16 steps 10620
This discussion has been closed.