Replies

• tryingagain5
    tryingagain5 Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    Tuesday 11/10 check in
    Food: good
    Water: 32 oz
    Exercise: PT exercises

I had a doctor's appointment early this afternoon so I had to get up early to go to that. Just a normal regular yearly well woman appointment.

Monday night was the first time I was back to work in 4 days so I wondered how my knee would handle it. I was pleasantly surprised. It bothered me a little but not too bad.

I was able to walk up the stairs at home without thinking about it and almost normally so that was nice. Going down is still a bit of an issue. I think this means the PT is helping. Also, the PT homework exercises didn't bother me too much.

Since I didn't sleep much today because of my appointment I'm going to nap before work.
  • kandi3570
    kandi3570 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    10500 steps and 1745 calories. Its that time of the month. I don’t usually have any complaints for that but my back is killing me and I ate all the chocolate in the house. And I don’t even care. I logged it that’s all that matters.
  • 1theresamcvean
    1theresamcvean Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    kandi3570 wrote: »
    10500 steps and 1745 calories. Its that time of the month. I don’t usually have any complaints for that but my back is killing me and I ate all the chocolate in the house. And I don’t even care. I logged it that’s all that matters.

Sometimes you just have to go with the flow. Oh! I'm going to take credit for that pun. Feel better.
  • brown6267
    brown6267 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    11/10 steps 3199
  • sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,465 Member
    Options
    Check in for Tuesday
    Food-logged and under
    Water-over 64 oz
    Exercise-30 min walk and PT

Another good day under my belt. Planning and the food prep makes things so much easier! I want to get a walk in before the rain comes this morning. I guess the beautiful weather couldn't last forever. Hope everyone has a wonderful day.

@1theresamcvean Lol! I like that, a sports injury! I will have to try ginger too, I am already taking Tumeric. Hope you toe feels better soon.
    @lennoncpa You are right, it isn't good to go shopping when you are hungry but sometimes it happens. I am glad you were able to get out for a walk in the beautiful weather.
    @tryingagain5 Writing things down and planning help so much. I do great but then something happens and I struggle. The weird thing is, things are easier when I plan and I do so much better. I don't know why I am resistant to it at times. You are doing great! Just take it one day at a time and try to do a little better each day. I know you can do it, I have seen you do it before! I am glad you are seeing an improvement in your knee too
    @kandi3570 TOM can do that to you! Although, I don't need TOM to go a little crazy with the chocolate :D Great job staying accountable and logging it all.
  • melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    PW: 210.2 (or 208.6, if you go off the weigh in 2 days later)
    CW: 208.0
    -2.2 (or -.6)

Not too bad. Not as good as I'd hoped, or that Monday suggested, but okay.

Got the day off for our Federal holiday (Veterans, thanks for your service!) and will get my cabinetry sorted today! Yay! My kitchen has been in boxes for weeks...finally it will be normal again! May go hike with a friend if I have time. Have some bits and bobs to take care off. For a day off, I think I'll be pretty busy.
  • GingerPwr
    GingerPwr Posts: 1,979 Member
    Options
    @lennoncpa I've had to learn not to shop hungry too, or else the box of Cheeze-itz gets opened in the car and halfway eaten on the way home.

@kandi3570 Ew TOM. I was there last week. Feel better!

Pretty good days this week. Last night I ate most of a flatbread out with the girls, but I had eaten light all day. Plus, it had fig and arugula on it, so I don't feel all that bad about it.

We have today off school for Veteran's Day, so I'll be doing loads of housework and getting in a Hiit Hop routine. Emkfit has a Lady Gaga routine that I'm excited to do.
  • goingape
    goingape Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    @Cafelelia love your hygge description! Sounds exactly right to me. Thanks for the how to pronounce it as I definitely was saying it wrong.

Most of my family is off today as it is Remembrance day. Sadly the ceremonies aren’t the same they usually are due to covid. I do have some jobs/errands to do, hopefully the roads are in good shape.
  • lennoncpa
    lennoncpa Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Hello team and happy Wednesday!

@Cafelelia thanks for the info on "hygge"! I could visualize it as I read what you wrote. I had never heard that word before, but definitely experienced it in my life. I live in Michigan and have had the red cheeks and when I read that I remembered exactly how that feels - especially after being outside shoveling snow.

My line dance instructor held another outdoor class yesterday because of the beautiful weather - might be the last of the 70 degree days that we will see for a while here in Michigan. It was awesome to be able to get out there. I've definitely gotten more fresh air this year with the pandemic as I have been doing more outdoor activities. Our line dance classes are normally held either in a church classroom or a dark bar, so to be outside has been a treat.
    The only problem has been that it gets dark so early (like 5:30) so he has been holding these recent outdoor classes from 3:00 to 5:00. I've been able to sneak out of work early since I work for myself, but not everyone was able to do that.

I didn't plan for my dinner so all the way home I had visions of entrees streaming though my head! Not all healthy ones either!!! I managed to stop and buy a salad and was proud of myself for doing that! I'm sure my visions ranged from a 500 calorie dinner to a 3000 calorie dinner! Not kidding! With us using My Fitness Pal it is really hard to pretend you don't know how many calories are in different foods! This is a great tool to use to stay on track!!!
  • lennoncpa
    lennoncpa Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    @1theresamcvean said "I do that too. Not often. These days I try to be chaotic with healthy things, so I'll grab Skinny Pop and cauliflower pizza. I figure if I go overboard, it's controlled chaos."

Hey I like the sound of that - controlled chaos! And I totally understand what you are saying! What type of cauliflower pizza do you get? I've never tried that yet.
  • tryingagain5
    Options
    @sleepymom5
    Great job! Keep it up!
    It is easier when we write things down and plan. Seems like it shouldn't be an issue to just do it. I know I do much better when I do it. I'm resistant to it sometimes too. I think for me it's because I want to just be able to eat and not think about it. I know people who don't have an issue with their weight and they can just eat and stop when they're full without thinking about it. Some day I will get there.😁

Thanks! I think I've gotten back to doing what I need to do to make it work. I know I need to work hard at it.
  • tryingagain5
    Options
    @melaniedscott
    Great job! Keep it up! Hope you got all your cabinetry sorted and were able to hike with your friend.
  • tryingagain5
    Options
    @GingerPwr
    I've learned not to feel bad when I eat something I probably shouldn't have since it doesn't help anyway and just causes more issues.
    Hope you got all your housework done and got in your workout that you were excited about doing.
  • tryingagain5
    Options
    @cafelelia
    That's a great focus. Appreciating what we have instead of focusing on what we don't is always a good thing. I think we sometimes forget and focus on the wrong thing. I know I do that even though I try not to.

What a great idea to make photo books for your boys!
  • tryingagain5
    edited November 2020
    Options
    @lennoncpa

Glad you were able to do your outdoor class yesterday. It sure got cold here. I went to my doctors appointment yesterday in shorts and a tshirt and then we had a severe thunderstorm come through last night and today the high was probably mid 40's. As you know Michigan weather is so unpredictable.🤣

Great job on getting a salad instead of a high calorie dinner!
  • tryingagain5
    Options
    Wed 11/11 check in
    Food: good
    Water: 32 oz
    Exercise: PT exercises and 15 minute walk

I had my PT appointment at 8:30 today, which is later than I normally have it. He asked how my knee was feeling. I told him that going up the stairs is getting better but going down is still an issue. He said that is normal and going down will get better slower than going up. I'm happy that it seems to be getting better and today was only the 4th session so that seems to be a good sign.

It was 70 degrees here(west Michigan) yesterday, today barely 40! What a difference!

I didn't get to bed until 10 today because of my PT appointment so I definitely need a nap before work tonight.😴

Hope everyone has a good night.
  • kandi3570
    kandi3570 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    14500 steps 1320 calories I did some strength training as well. I came home from work and hit the treadmill for an hour after dinner. And I got most of my Christmas shopping done online. Only a few more things to buy. And then the fun of wrapping. I’m ready to decorate! 😁. Not yet though it’s tradition at my house the day after thanksgiving.
  • debbiewsharpe
    debbiewsharpe Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    lmqghca4m8h4.png
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,216 Member
    Options
    minstrelofsarcasm
    November Week Two

Weigh In Day: Thursdays
    PW (Previous Weight): 166.2 (October 29th)
    CW (Current Weight): 168.4 (November 12th)
    LTD (Loss to Date): 65.6 lbs

Yep, totally expected. My vacation last week was comprised of a lot of alcohol and horrible eating habits. And although I could return to my workout schedule and hop back on my routines when I returned, my brain was not quite ready to stop eating whenever I felt any emotion. I also spent both Monday and Tuesday with friends, which didn't help either. So, I suppose we'll just find out how much of this weight is bloat vs. eating in excess.

Will I get back on it soon?
    Maybe.
    Will my bloat decrease soon?
    Only time will tell.

Next Week:

The goal is to stick to my standard 4+ spin classes per week, and go out for walks whenever it's pleasant enough outside. Food-wise... I don't have a plan. I want to do better, and I keep telling myself that "today is my day!" but then I slip up in a small way, recognize that I won't have a perfect day, and then allow myself to slip up in larger ways. I've overcome this issue before, and going back to basics right now might be the best move for me.

Um.

I keep flirting with buying a set of dumbbells, and that's the most interesting new development in my life. I guess that's it.

While you're here:
    • Adjust your posture
    • Release the tension from your shoulders and jaw
    • Reach for the stars
    • Drink some water
    • And be kind to yourself :heart:
This discussion has been closed.