Weight No More - November 2020 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• 1theresamcvean
    1theresamcvean Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    lennoncpa wrote: »

My grand puppy Sunny won first place in the dog costume contest. Here are a couple shots of him. I took a snap of the video so you can see the suspenders. It was so cute!!!

Is Sunny dressed as a Canadian? So cute.

• ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    Ljdanny
    Week 1
    Thursday
    Pw 187
    Cw 188
  • 1theresamcvean
    Options
    Freeglerock
    Week 1
    PW: 171.8
    CW: 169.6
    LTD: 48.9

Last week saw a weight increase of about 2lb as I took the week off tracking whilst kids had half term and we did lots of fun activities and outings. I did not want the stress of figuring out calories and how to counteract them/earn them. Our "fun" continued, with a trip to a theme park (Chessingtons), Halloween hunts, and Violet and I had a girls only day (did our nails whilst sat in a coffee shop, went for lunch at a Japanese restaurant, shopping, Ice Cream Sundaes and a trip to the park - was lovely, though I felt a little sick from the massive Sundae I had!). So I was no where near on plan, and other than the ice cream, I generally tried to choose the healthier options and not overeat.
    Anyway, that all stopped on Sunday, when I planned to get back on the wagon. That morning I weighed 174.5lb (I knew it had been steadily going up each day as I was still weighing). I have since been exercising, drinking my water and logging my food (whilst attempting to stay within calorie target), and my weight has, each day reduced. I know the Sunday WI was up because of salt and TOTM, but surprised at how quickly I have got to where I left off 2 weeks ago.

I will spend some time later determining my November goals and writing my intro.

Great way to have a fun and stress-free week, Lisa. It sounds the gain was mainly from the large sundae combined with some sodium and the TOM. Well worth it to remove the stress of counting and stick with, for the most part, healthy habits. I would have been a bit worried looking at the scale but having a plan really worked for you. Inspiring!
  • 1theresamcvean
    Options
    @melaniedscott A TWNM 5k, sharing pics and highlight stories, sounds like fun. Can you PM me the official instructions, if there were any, from your conference, please. For my sake, let's wait until Ashley returns from her Lake Erie getaway. :wink:
  • kika5105
    kika5105 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Todays the 2nd day in a row I went on a nice hike. Hopefully I can keep it up and stay with it on my days off.. Yesterday's meals were pretty good, I could of not had a beer but it was so tasty! I will be making my meals today for the next 3 days since I work 12 hr shifts i need my food for all meals B,L,D and snacks.
  • kika5105
    kika5105 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    @lennoncpa I feel like I get into the same funk too. Im super hungry and eat everything I see no matter how bad it is. I feel like it happens for 1 or 2 days and then I get back to eating on the healthier side. I was hiking 3 to 4 days a week and then this past month I didn't do a single hike! Yesterday was my first hike! It felt so good I went again this morning. You will get back into it. Maybe make a plan to go on a walking then watch TV after? Will you be fostering a dog anytime soon?
  • melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    @melaniedscott A TWNM 5k, sharing pics and highlight stories, sounds like fun. Can you PM me the official instructions, if there were any, from your conference, please. For my sake, let's wait until Ashley returns from her Lake Erie getaway. :wink:

We should absotively wait for Ashley. This sounds super fun!
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options

We should absotively wait for Ashley. This sounds super fun!

I'll be back to my standard programming soon, I promise! Although I could most definitely do a 5k while here. I probably already have when walking along the shoreline. So glad the sun decided to join me on my trip! I'll post some (more) pictures when I'm not so limited by my computer.
  • kandi3570
    kandi3570 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    @sleepymom5 thank you. I have an accent wall that is a few shades redder that I tried to match but it didn’t work out. It’s a bit more orange but it works and I like it. It matches the rusty stars on my primitive border.

13700 steps today. 814 calories. I have not stopped all day. Work then running errands. I literally had enough time to throw my groceries in the house, and shovel 3/4 of an Arby’s sandwich in my mouth before heading to my meeting. And now I’m just tired so it may stay 814 calories. I still have to get clothes in the dryer For tomorrow.
    It will be a better day tomorrow no errands to run. I can just clean and get some other stuff done. And cook for myself!! 😁
  • brown6267
    brown6267 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    11/05 steps 12628
  • lenka1
    lenka1 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Pw: 147.0
    Cw: 146.2

• sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,456 Member
    edited November 2020
    Options
    Sleepymom1
    Week 1
    PW: 201.4
    CW: 204.4
    :s
  • lennoncpa
    lennoncpa Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Previous weight: 133.0
    Today's weight: 133.0
    Weekly Steps: 71,369
  • lennoncpa
    lennoncpa Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    @1theresamcvean Sunny does look like a Canadian!

@kika5105 hiking sounds awesome. where do you go and have you done that for a long time?

@sleepymom5 back in April or May we actually did try a clogging zoom get together. The majority of the people in our class are women but our instructor is a man. He said (in a respectful but funny way) that at certain times as we were moving back and forth towards the screen, that occasionally all he could see were boobs bouncing around down the screen!! That was the only time we tried that but we do still have zoom get together’s Mondays with that group. I actually thought that next Monday I’m going to mention maybe we could at least try and learn one new dance during our zoom call! Possibly we could try to focus the screen on our feet!! Lol
  • kiane50
    kiane50 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Weigh in day Friday 11/6/20:
    Original starting weight (Pryor to MFP) 8/21/20 232
    MFP starting weight 10/8/20 216
    Last week weight 10/23/20 209.0
    Today’s weight 208.2
    Goal weight 155
    Lbs lost this week .8
  • 1theresamcvean
    Options
    sleepymom5 wrote: »
    Check in for Thursday
    Food-not logged, over and drank too much
    Water-64 oz
    Exercise-30 min walk and PT

I will post my weight after but I am up 3 lbs. I did drink last night and had dinner out so hopefully that will drift down a little. I didn’t have the best week so I shouldn’t be too surprised.

I am at the shore, it is going to be a beautiful weekend. It is warm enough to sit outside and have my coffee. A whale washed up on the beach yesterday. I want to go check it out but deciding if that is too gruesome. I just am curious to see how big it is. I have never seen a whale. The locals at the bar told me the whale will be easy to find, follow the lookieloos Lol! I just may be a lookieloo later. Apparently it takes a while for them to take the whale away on it sits on the beach decomposing. They said to get there quick or it smells. Kinda sad but I guess that’s how it goes. I also wonder if they would let it sit like that in the summer with all the tourists down here.

Hope everyone has a great day and weekend! Xoxo

@1theresamcvean That fig recipe sounds yummy! If we do the 5K and you need help, I don’t mind keeping track of things.

Hi Pam, Thanks so much for offering to help with the 5k walk challenge. I'm so glad Melanie suggested it. It should be a lot of fun sharing our pictures and stories with each other. I'll PM you so coordinate.

I've drifted up in weight too with the change of season, the ulcerative colitis flare, and not enough exercise. We've all know what to do and we've got this!

Hugs.

• podperson1
    podperson1 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

@tryingagain5 - your great nieces are adorable!

@ljdanny - hope your doggy is doing a little better. It's so worrying when our furbabies aren't well :(

@xX_PhoenixRising_Xx - aww, hope you enjoyed your daughters play, that sounds so cute!

@melaniedscott - your politics is stressing me and I don't even live there, so can't imagine how bad you guys must have it! Hope your headaches improve x

@Freeglerock - woot for being back down already! I think it's nice to see that just one week of 'off plan' isn't going to be the end of world - life happens after all :)

@lennoncpa - Yay, for new Sunny pics - sooo cute. Outdoor dancing sounds so fun! I do a live zumba class over zoom that's really good, he does 7pm tues/thurs and 11am sat but that's GMT so I don't know how well it would fit you with the time difference? If you're interested I'm happy to send you the link over. I know I always feel a bit more energised seeing everyone else joining in on their cameras :)

@goingape - the weekend scrapbooking sounds so fun - I do love when organisers put the effort in to make cancelled events virtual, they don't have to and it's so nice to still have some of the experience.

@sleepymom5 - it sounds stressful being on a different plan to everyone around you :( Does anyone else have 'leftovers' - maybe they could just throw them away as soon as they're done. I know it might seem a little wasteful but if it's helping you to avoid temptation then it's worth it. I'm struggling a little bit with 'sticking to plan' as well, I have meals in mind then I just don't fancy them so end up trying to find something else that isn't stupidly high in cals. I would be tempted to go see the whale as well but think it would just make me sad.

@Cafelelia - hope your son is ok, I can't imagine how stressed out kids must be at the moment with everything going on. At least he has a good support system x

Virtual 5k sounds like a lot of fun. I really do need to get back to doing some walking, though it's def not the season for it here and has been cold and rainy the past few days :( Still doing rubbish on the exercise.
    Food has been ok, not great. Been carb craving a bit but have been trying to limit it to slightly healthier choices like tortilla pizza rather than going all out. Got a grocery shop in today so hoping that will help me some.
  • Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Cafelelia
    Week1
    PW - 142.1
    SW - 141.3
    LTD - 27.5 lbs

Where did this morning go? I had so much to do. I feel good about this loss, particularly with Oreo incident. I am doing IF for less of a duration as I get closer to goal and with the colder weather. This may slow my progress, but that’s ok. Thanks to everyone for your support about the Oreos & my son. He is doing better and continues to distract himself with the U.S. election. Hope that everyone has a great weekend!
  • melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    Cafelelia wrote: »
    Cafelelia
    Week1
    PW - 142.1
    SW - 141.3
    LTD - 27.5 lbs

Where did this morning go? I had so much to do. I feel good about this loss, particularly with Oreo incident. I am doing IF for less of a duration as I get closer to goal and with the colder weather. This may slow my progress, but that’s ok. Thanks to everyone for your support about the Oreos & my son. He is doing better and continues to distract himself with the U.S. election. Hope that everyone has a great weekend!

I think it is funny that your son distracts himself with the election while I am trying to distract myself from the election.

Also...I weighed today and was back down to last weeks weigh!
This discussion has been closed.