Weight No More - November 2020 Team Chat

Replies

• 1theresamcvean
    1theresamcvean Posts: 937 Member
    @1theresamcvean not sure if you saw my post in the October thread, but I would like to stay in the weight-loss part of the challenge. I’m hoping to drop 5-7 pounds this month. Let me know. Thanks!😊

I did, Kirsten! You're all set for your Saturday weigh-ins. :blush:
  • 1theresamcvean
    Hi! I'm Don from Niagara Falls, Ontario.....I'm separated......I'm an avid runner and cyclist....looking to drop 1-2 pounds per week...looking forward to supporting everyone in the group!

Hi Don, I grew up in Niagara Falls and Lisa @Cafelelia is from Niagara on the Lake. We both live in Toronto now. Welcome!
  • 1theresamcvean
    Cafelelia wrote: »
    Toronto is on a modified lock down, and COVID numbers are just not decreasing. So government and public health advice for Halloween was really confusing this year. I decided to go with what my 10 year old wanted to do! So we gave out candy via a poster tube, and our 10 year old went out trick or treating to just a few neighbours. We then ordered take out and watched a movie together. Normally we have over 100 kids, and just 10 came by last night. But we made the best of it, and best of all, my younger son was very happy. Here are my kids (older son is not into costumes any more) and also my candy distribution set up on the front porch.

gcr9tbgy5xtf.jpeg
    61oolkaxoom5.jpeg

Oh wow! I love your son's death doctor costume. I'm so glad he had a good Hallowe'en. I have a tear in my eye just thinking about it. Your older son is so much taller than his brother! I remember when my son grew taller, I used to go up a few stairs to hug him because he was still young and I knew he missed that kind of mom hug.
  • 1theresamcvean
    ljdanny wrote: »
    @sleepymom5 I wasn't told to eat slower it just kind of the way it went. It was very hard to swallow food and drinks. I was just told to not eat meat and to eat soft foods. I tried eating a cheeseburger the other night and choked, I thought I was going to eventually need saving. I decided to throw it away and eat something else. I have picked up a little speed st eating.

Today I planned on doing a walking video because it's cold and windy but when I woke up my dog didn't look so good. We are at the emergency room. I hate that they dont let you in. They came and took her away and I'm left sitting here in the parking lot. They told me to stay here it could take up to 2 hours for all her results. It's sad out here, I had to just watch some older lady come put down her little pug. She had her daughter bring him in to have it done and she was here in her car devastated. I was bawling my eyes out. I cant take it. I brought a book with me but it's a little hard to concentrate.

Oh, Tracy. I'm so sorry to hear this. Waiting outside at the vet is very sad. I hope she's okay and that you are too. I'm crying a bit now too. Big hug.
  • 1theresamcvean
    Had a NSV today that I had to share. I went shopping for some jeans and I bought a size 10. Im in shock. Ive never been a size 10 before!

I love this, Melissa. It must feel fantastic. Yay!
  • 1theresamcvean
    pacsnc6 wrote: »
    @1theresamcvean that is a pretty picture but looks cold! It must be very pretty in summer with all the trees filled with green leaves.

The picture does look cold, but the reflection in the water is beautiful.

It is actually cold here too. It snowed last night and looked beautiful blowing around in the night sky. When I woke up this morning all the empty branches on the tree outside my bedroom window were covered in snow. It looked like December.
  • goingape
    goingape Posts: 429 Member
    @minstrelofsarcasm hi — meant to reply sooner. Magic bag is a fabric bag of grain that you can microwave and it’s nice and cozy.

@sleepymom5 - with C210K, I was going to wait for spring but the weather here is too good to waste and I have a break with my classes so I figured it was good timing to challenge myself a bit more. I will see how I do after this...

@ljdanny I hope you pup is feeling better soon.

@cafelel I love your set up for Halloween. I resorted to using tongs to hand out candy. 🙂

@lennoncpa your workout streak is awesome!!! That is a goal for me.

Welcome to the newcomers !
  • kandi3570
    kandi3570 Posts: 238 Member
    Calories so far 895. Steps 12707. I had to pull an hour on the treadmill because I was lazy at work today and did paperwork. I have days like that sometimes. But I forced myself. And I did some core exercises with a 10 lb medicine ball. With lots of help from my dogs. My older dog just stares at me for countless hours a day. I swear. The medicine ball brushed her chest with every rep. 🙄. I have flabby upper arms anybody have any fixes for that? I seriously considered buying a shake weight. But there’s just something about it. Like if someone was driving up the road and could see me through the blinds!! 😂😂😂. I mean seriously I would do it though, if it worked. Maybe just in the basement.
  • kika5105
    kika5105 Posts: 28 Member
    Question...

What do you all do for meal prepping?
    Do you meal prep for the week?
    A couple of days at a time?
    Just the days you work?
  • kandi3570
    kandi3570 Posts: 238 Member
    @kika5105
    I’m actually going to start meal prepping this weekend. We’re going to make egg roll in a bowl, vegetable soup, and my southwestern turkey. I have just been planning ahead and I do a lot in the crock pot during the week. But meal prep sounds so much easier as I have a teenager and I’m constantly making 2 meals or we share the meat but I make different sides for us. I will let you know if I feel like it’s more or less work to meal prep my meals on sundays.
  • GingerPwr
    GingerPwr Posts: 1,979 Member
    I was having a great day food wise yesterday.... until I decided to finish off half a bag of jalapeno kettle chips.
    Ugh.

I know TOM is on the horizon but I can't give into those cravings and expect to lose weight.

Today is a teacher work day, so I'm going to work from home, vote, and maybe take a couple of walks.
  • brown6267
    brown6267 Posts: 476 Member
    11/02 steps 11946
  • Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    Monday check in
    Pretty good day for a Monday. I ate on plan and exercised. Even though we got the extra hour of sleep from the time change, I am feeling a bit groggy from it. I think because it gets dark earlier. I am trying to take in some extra water to help and some sunlight if the sun comes out today.

@kandi3570 - We have some pros on this team when it comes to exercise. I am not one of them! But I find with upper arms, some straight up free weights really help (triceps & curls), plus pushups (not my favorite, but they work). Just my own experience that while it takes time to build muscle, once you do, some of the flab goes. Not a perfect solution, but it does help. I don’t do it now, but I have done boxing in the past, and that is also a great workout for the arms.

@kika5105 - I think that meal planning and prep, can really simplify things. I have to cook for a teenager too, and cook for the entire family much of the week, although my husband helps on the weekend. I have done meal prep in different ways. Right now, I plan out the week in advance (whenever I have time), we batch cook soups and mains (usually Sunday afternoons), and I also do advance food prep for packed lunches and even breakfasts (eg wash fruits/veggies in advance, make overnight oats etc). I try to minimize how much different food that I am cooking for everyone, but it is inevitable because I am a vegetarian, so some of my mains are different. I found it took some time and experimenting to find what worked best for us. But I am happy that we stuck with it because it really helps during the busy weekdays and also helps me stay on track with healthy eating.
  • podperson1
    podperson1 Posts: 207 Member
    Hi all,

@kandi3570 - good job on the exercise! My kitties are awful for getting in the way, they've learned to sort of stay out of the firing line when I'm doing cardio but any type of yoga/pilates type thing and they love winding between my feet or sitting under me when I'm trying to do a bridge or something :D If you wanna try the shake weight then go for it - am sure you could close the blinds and if someone sees then so what lol!

@kika5105 - I will admit I'm very hit and miss with the meal planning but when I do do it then I like having options so tend to make things that are flexible - eg I'll make up a big batch of Quorn mix and then might do chilli with it one day, spag bol another, make some lettuce wraps another etc. Or I'll try and plan around my schedule for the week - so I know I'm going to have a couple of days where I'm working long hours I'll make sure I either have leftovers or a few 'quick and easy' options in (like eggs or soup) so I'm not as tempted to go for something rubbish.

@GingerPwr - yup, am with you, was doing really well and then temptation struck (and think it's very much a TotM thing for me as well). I guess it's only one day :)

Weigh in
    username - podperson1
    Week - 1
    PW - 181.0
    CW - 178.6

Not too bad. Given in to some crap food choices today but trying not to get too fixated on it. Will def do my zumba class tonight and hopefully that will burn it off - haven't done it in weeks so is going to kill me lol.
    Thinking of all of you in America today. Hope you get your votes in and have my fingers and toes crossed for a good result for you - and that there isn't too much trouble whichever way it goes :s
  • lennoncpa
    lennoncpa Posts: 777 Member
    Hello and Happy Tuesday team. I thought I would pop in and say hello to everyone. I did my morning workout and that always starts out my day on a good note! I was getting to do some outdoor clogging or line dancing when the weather was nice, but that has come to a halt. This week the weather is going to be in the 60's so we are trying to talk my line dance instructor into doing an outdoor class. The weird thing is that with the daylight time change we would have to start much earlier or I think its getting dark at like 5 pm!!! You guys would probably laugh if you saw my refrigerator. I live alone and can't be trusted with too much food - so I have to limit what is in my refrigerator. The shelves are almost bare except for vegetables and hummus! Isn't that terrible that I can't trust myself not to eat everything in the house!!
  • kirsten11872
    kirsten11872 Posts: 519 Member
This discussion has been closed.