Weight No More - November 2020 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• kirsten11872
    kirsten11872 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! Hope you are doing well!

The last few days have been very cold here, but it is supposed to warm up again.

I am feeling good. I gained a few pounds over the last couple of weeks, but I am at a good weight for me & my clothes feel good. I would like to get back to the 140's by the end of the month. If I can stay between 147-153, I will be happy, but I really want to be in the 140's.

I have slacked a little with my workouts the last few days, but I will workout as soon as I finish working around 5:00. The scale has dropped a little, a few ounces, but I am hoping to lose a few pounds by Saturday. Food has been good, sticking to all my plans: WW, 18:6 IF & MFP.

Have a great day! :smile:
  • 1theresamcvean
    1theresamcvean Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    podperson1 wrote: »
    Hi all,

Weigh in
    username - podperson1
    Week - 1
    PW - 181.0
    CW - 178.6

Not too bad. Given in to some crap food choices today but trying not to get too fixated on it. Will def do my zumba class tonight and hopefully that will burn it off - haven't done it in weeks so is going to kill me lol.
    Thinking of all of you in America today. Hope you get your votes in and have my fingers and toes crossed for a good result for you - and that there isn't too much trouble whichever way it goes :s

Awesome weigh-in, Shelli! :blush:

• 1theresamcvean
    1theresamcvean Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    lennoncpa wrote: »
    Hello and Happy Tuesday team. I thought I would pop in and say hello to everyone. I did my morning workout and that always starts out my day on a good note! I was getting to do some outdoor clogging or line dancing when the weather was nice, but that has come to a halt. This week the weather is going to be in the 60's so we are trying to talk my line dance instructor into doing an outdoor class. The weird thing is that with the daylight time change we would have to start much earlier or I think its getting dark at like 5 pm!!! You guys would probably laugh if you saw my refrigerator. I live alone and can't be trusted with too much food - so I have to limit what is in my refrigerator. The shelves are almost bare except for vegetables and hummus! Isn't that terrible that I can't trust myself not to eat everything in the house!!

I love it when you pop in to say hello, Sheryl. I got a new fridge last year and it's pretty but flush with the cupboards, which means it's not very deep. My daughter calls it a condo fridge. Very quickly I realized that not much fits in it. I guess that's better.

I can just see your fridge since you said you have one drawer just for hummus and now this detail. I guess it's good to know what works for you. :blush:
  • tryingagain5
    tryingagain5 Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    I'm Linda, 51 and live in Michigan. I don't have kids but have 3 grown nephews who are married.

I've been on this team since October 2019. Thank you to all who have encouraged me! It has been helpful.

I'm officially on the cheer squad for November. I don't have many specific goals for the month other than trying to get back on track.

I have two great nieces, one who will be 1 on November 6 and one who is 21 months old.

I have had a weight issue most of my life and have lost and gained many pounds over the years. I originally had lost about 46 pounds since January of 2018 and in March of this year had around 50 or so more to lose but once Covid hit, I started having trouble again, eating too much and not exercising much. I gained quite a bit of the weight back. I know I gained at least 25 lbs back, possibly even 30. I do still work with a trainer at my gym two times a week right now but only upper body since I recently was diagnosed with osteoarthritis in my knee. I'm in physical therapy for that for the next 6 weeks. Hopefully I can get back to my hard workouts at the gym once the PT gives the ok and I don't have the pain/tenderness so much.

I have support and accountability from my trainer and other people in my life but can always use more.
  • kandi3570
    kandi3570 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    @tryingagain5 you’re great nieces are adorable!!
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    @kandi3570 my mom used to have one of those shake weights. I thought it was the funniest thing to try using. I didn't even know they still existed. Between my mom, my sister and myself we owned just about every infomercial that came on.

@tryingagain5 your great nieces are so cute. I remember when my son was a lion, I think I still might have the costume someplace.

Today I did a leslie sansone video. I took it easy on the upper body part. I didn't want to overdo it. It was too cold to get out for a walk. I did also clean my entire house. Probably shouldn't have done that but I'm glad it's done. Everyone else is always going to do it for you but doesn't happen. I guess that's what happens when you have boys. They just check to make sure your ok. I was thinking of maybe sneaking over to zumba on Friday morning, I can always do low impact and if I have to leave then I will just sneak out.

My dog is still feeling crappy today. They did blood work and xrays. They are watching some fatty deposit on her pancreas but don't think its cancer. They said she has gas and arthritis. Her belly hurts which is causing pain to her backside and her arthritis is hurting so is sending pain all up her backside and to her belly. They put her on gabapentin and changed her to a prescription diet. Hoping that helps. She was also dehydrated. She is still having a hard time getting around but she has started barking at nothing again, so that's some progress. If she's not better in a few days she has to go spend a few nights in the hospital which I don't want. Especially because they don't let you in. Not sure if they do if your pet has to stay, but I don't want to find out.
  • kika5105
    kika5105 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I didnt have that great of an eating day. I worked a 16hr shift yesterday which whiped me out for today. Still have dinner to go, I will probably just have a tasty protein shake with kale, almond butter and a banana.
  • goingape
    goingape Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    @kika5105 ive been prepping overnight oats each evening. I like that it means my lunch the next day is no thinking required. I’m very much a creature of habit so can easily eat the same thing over and over.

For suppers, we occasionally do a big pot of soup and freeze some or make an extra lasagna for the freezer. I haven’t got too adventurous as the freezer is pretty full right now. Need to get to the bottom of it.

I hope all the American friends are doing well and keeping safe.
  • kandi3570
    kandi3570 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    1066 calories and 13300 steps. No strength training today. Didn’t get to that. I cleaned up my basement. Headed to the homer and my nightly hour of tv.
    @ljdanny I hope you’re dog feels better. I would hate to have to leave one of my dogs. It horrible when they’re in pain. I had to take my dog a couple of years ago in for emergency surgery for a bladder stone it was scary. But she did well. I changed dog foods. I feel like that contributed to the problem.
  • mxlaw90
    mxlaw90 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Here are my great nieces in their Halloween costumes. Harper is a deer and her cousin Josie is a lion. I'm probably a little biased but I think they're pretty cute!🥰

They are too cute!
  • pacsnc6
    pacsnc6 Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    @tryingagain5 your great nieces are cutie pies!
  • tryingagain5
    Options
    kandi3570 wrote: »
    @tryingagain5 you’re great nieces are adorable!!

Thanks! I think so too! I don't get to see them very much so I'm glad their parents post pics on Facebook!
  • tryingagain5
    Options
    @mxlaw90
    @pacsnc6
    Thanks! I agree!
  • xX_PhoenixRising_Xx
    Options
    @kandi3570 Sad to say the shake weights won't do anything to tone your arms. It's normal to have some flab/sag there. There's no way to target specific areas for weight loss either, the body loses where it will. What you *can* do is try to build some muscle in your arms which can make them look more toned than flabby (for lack of a better word). Or learn to live with it and not give a duck what other people think. We tend to perceive 'flaws' in ourself that other people never notice, although there's nothing wrong with wanting to improve how we look :smile:

To work on building some muscle there, target biceps/triceps, use your medicine ball to do slams (onto grass if it's not a slam-type med ball). You could do pull-ups, push ups, even kettlebell work will pull in some shoulders and upper arms. If you look at my profile pic, I very clearly have some bat-wings going on, but that's after losing 160 lbs. I starting lifting weights to help with the loose skin, muscle helps take up some of the area fat used to occupy. I used to be hyper aware of how much flab/sag I had there, but I never let it stop me wearing sleeveless tops. One day I was working (retail back then) and demonstrating something to a young couple, when the guy suddenly said "holy *kitten* you've got guns!" Here was me thinking all my flab was on display, and he was admiring my muscles lol

@tryingagain5 Your great-nieces are adorable! My kids didn't dress up for halloween this year, it was raining here. Nobody knocked on the door either, so I gave the treats I had to my kids. Problem solved.

@lennoncpa You'd hate my house - with two pre-teens and two teens, we have two fridges and a deep freeze, a walk-in pantry and spend a small fortune on groceries each week. My 15 year old has hollow legs because he does hours of exercise every day, and he's 15 and growing. I have to separate out "kid food" and "everybody food" in my head, which generally stops me eating food that I've bought the kids for school lunches. We all eat reasonably healthy, but they do have muesli bars that have too much sugar for my migraines, and packets of chips that I won't touch. I also buy meat/meat products for the kids, but my husband and I don't eat it.

@goingape I eat the same things over and over as well. I have oats for breakfast every single day - either overnight or hot, with blueberries, sultanas and some protein powder mixed in.

• xX_PhoenixRising_Xx
    Options
    So the past few days have not been great. I haven't been able to exercise and I've eaten too much, but I've learned to accept that this happens sometimes and fighting it just makes me feel worse.

I had today off work so I could go on a school trip with my son, but that got cancelled due to weather, so I spent much of the day asleep because I'm honestly exhausted and just need some recovery. Tonight I'm going to watch my daughter in her school play - Beauty and the Beast Jr, which was meant to be performed in June but was postponed because of Covid. It will be nice to finally see it, after all year of listening to the songs being rehearsed!

Plan for tomorrow is to hopefully feel better, and get back on track with calories.
  • GingerPwr
    GingerPwr Posts: 1,979 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I think I was better with my food. Ate two big meals and didn't snack.
    Hubs and I have started doing some light yoga before bed, so I'm sleeping a little better too.

Once TOM is gone I'm going to start an ab challenge to get myself back in the groove of daily exercise.

Don't burn out midweek!!! Make smart choices! You got this!
  • sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,456 Member
    Options
    I thought I posted this yesterday! Ugh!

Check in for Monday
    Food-not good
    Water-64 oz
    Exercise-30 min walking, PT and stretching

I was too embarrassed to log my food yesterday. We had baked ziti for dinner on Sunday and then that is pretty much all I ate yesterday because everyone else had plans for lunch and dinner so I was lazy. Not the healthiest or well balanced day. Oh well...I am off to a better start already. Walked to our polling spot and only waited about 30 minutes so it wasn't too bad. I did plan for a glass or two of wine to watch these results. I am sure I will have the 2 :)
    Hope everyone has a good day and I will be checking in with you tomorrow!

@kika5105 We are excited to have you here! Remember to jump right in! We are going to have a great November! I don't meal prep but I should. Another thing that would help me during the week that I would like to get into a habit of doing.
    @Cafelelia It is soup and stew time of year! Hopefully you will get a couple of meals from it but with growing boys, maybe not!
    @ljdanny I hope things return to normal with eating soon for you. I guess with the nature of your surgery, that makes sense now that I think about it. I hope your dog is ok. When I took my dog for her normal check up, they had to come to a truck with a stretcher to get someone's german shepherd. It looked so sick and they were upset too. I felt bad getting my healthy dog back in front of them.
    @podperson1 Love your reflection and plan for November! You got this!! I love your cat with the little cape! So cute! Nice loss this week! Thanks for the well wishes for today, we need them.
    @lennoncpa All those reasons are the same that I love this group too. I want to do the early morning exercise like you, you are always so consistent with your workouts.
    @jedaschultz Nice loss!!
    @1theresamcvean I can't believe you already have had snow. Sounds so beautiful to be looking out at.
    @kandi3570 Good job getting a workout in after work, I know sometimes that is the last thing you want to do. You made me lol about the shake weight :D Idk what they were thinking but maybe it is a good workout....
    @Melzz19 Awesome Nov. goals!
    @GingerPwr I love those chips. They are very easy for me to overeat. Hope you have a nice day working from home
    @Cafelelia I have been tired too, I never considered the time change contributing to it. Hopefully we adjust soon. I don't like it being dark so early
    @kirsten11872 Between being tired from work and it being dark, I know it is hard to get motivated to work out.
  • melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    melaniedscott
    Week 1
    PW: 208.6
    CW: 210.2
    +1.6

Probably not enough water, poor sleep and stress. I hate elections. I hate politics (yes, I know, I work for the government). I hate the pervasive entitlement, selfishness and hostility overwhelming the US right now. The neuro asked how many days a week I have headaches. I don't really pay attention to them...they're background noise. So, I've been paying attention. Every day. For the past month, 2 days (maybe) with no headache. So, yeah, probably stress.

@Cafelelia & @1theresamcvean do you guys do something similar to daylight savings in Canada? @sleepymom5 's question made me wonder. The times I've been to Canada have all been summer, so it didn't matter.
  • sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,456 Member
    Options
    Check in for Tuesday
    Food-logged and on target but not the best choices
    Water-over 64 oz
    Exercise- 30 min walk, PT and stretching

Not too much to report. I have been planning my food but by dinner not wanting what I had planned. I couldn't sleep so I have been up for a while. It is between thinking about the election and not feeling well. Which could be from stress(from the election). Ugh! Oh well...Have a great day everyone!

@ljdanny I am glad that you are able to get walking in. I know you will be careful at Zumba if you go. I am sorry about your dog. I hope she starts feeling better and doesn't have to be hospitalized. Daisy is on a prescription dog food and does well with it. xo
    @kika5105 I can imagine a 16 hour shift would wipe you out! For some reason, for me at least, when I am tired, I eat more. Good move ending it with a light dinner :)
    @goingape Thanks but ugh! I hope we don't have to wait too long for the results...
    @kandi3570 Good and productive day yesterday! I clean my basement after the holidays. I wrap gifts down there plus store all the boxes from the decorations. I do like that it is one place off of my fall cleaning list.
    @tryingagain5 Your nieces are so cute!!
    @xX_PhoenixRising_Xx I love your attitude! I need to stop caring what people think myself. Hope you are feeling better today. It sounds like the canceled class trip may have been a blessing in disguise so you could get some rest in. I am sure the play was a hit, it is nice to see your children perform. xo
    @GingerPwr You are doing well! It is nice your husband is joining you with the evening yoga.
    @melaniedscott I don't like what is going on in our country right now either. I hope things change after things settle down after the election. I am sure no matter who wins, that won't be right away.
This discussion has been closed.