Weight No More - November 2020 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Tuesday check in
    I was on plan yesterday, did some IF and had some planned snacks for watching the U.S. election coverage. My only issue yesterday was sleep as I could not get my 10 year old to bed. He has been following the U.S. election for the past year and it was hard convincing him to stop watching coverage last night. At this point, he knows way more about the U.S. federal government and politics than I do! Anyway, we all got to bed around midnight, but I get up around 6 am, so I am tired. If I can try to squeeze in a nap this afternoon, I am going for it!

@tryingagain5 - Your nieces are adorable!

@ljdanny - I am so sorry about your dog and I really hope that she feels better soon.

@xX_PhoenixRising_Xx - That is so right about an off day. They happen. Hope that you feel better and get back on track today. Hope that you thoroughly enjoyed your daughter’s play!

@GingerPwr - Stay strong midweek! You’ve got this!

@sleepymom5 - Food never lasts long in this house! When I say that we batch cook, the batches are big!

@melaniedscott - Yes, we do the time changes in Canada too. It is tough this time of year as the days are shorter as it is, then we move the clocks back and it is dark out very early. We do have ongoing debates in the country as to whether we keep doing this. But I think that we will continue as long as the majority of US states do it. One year for the spring change, I was visiting my good friend in Arizona, which does not do the time changes. It was so nice!
  • brown6267
    brown6267 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    11/03 steps 8839
  • Freeglerock
    Freeglerock Posts: 2,864 Member
    Options
    Freeglerock
    Week 1
    PW: 171.8
    CW: 169.6
    LTD: 48.9

Last week saw a weight increase of about 2lb as I took the week off tracking whilst kids had half term and we did lots of fun activities and outings. I did not want the stress of figuring out calories and how to counteract them/earn them. Our "fun" continued, with a trip to a theme park (Chessingtons), Halloween hunts, and Violet and I had a girls only day (did our nails whilst sat in a coffee shop, went for lunch at a Japanese restaurant, shopping, Ice Cream Sundaes and a trip to the park - was lovely, though I felt a little sick from the massive Sundae I had!). So I was no where near on plan, and other than the ice cream, I generally tried to choose the healthier options and not overeat.
    Anyway, that all stopped on Sunday, when I planned to get back on the wagon. That morning I weighed 174.5lb (I knew it had been steadily going up each day as I was still weighing). I have since been exercising, drinking my water and logging my food (whilst attempting to stay within calorie target), and my weight has, each day reduced. I know the Sunday WI was up because of salt and TOTM, but surprised at how quickly I have got to where I left off 2 weeks ago.

I will spend some time later determining my November goals and writing my intro.
  • 1theresamcvean
    1theresamcvean Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    Here are my great nieces in their Halloween costumes. Harper is a deer and her cousin Josie is a lion. I'm probably a little biased but I think they're pretty cute!🥰

Your bias has nothing to do with it. They are adorable.
  • lennoncpa
    lennoncpa Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    @xX_PhoenixRising_Xx I would definitely have a problem with all that food in my house! When my sons were little I used to be able to keep their snacks without getting into them - there's something about living alone that gives me less accountability - isn't that weird!! I'm glad at least I'm accountable to you guys!! Lol
  • 1theresamcvean
    Options
    lennoncpa wrote: »
    Hello and Happy Wednesday team. I hope everyone is having a great week. For some reason I've been really hungry this week and I have been eating healthy food - just too much of it! It frustrates me that I end up giving in to the cravings. I try drinking water and I try to distract myself - but it seems like I have too much time on my hands with the pandemic going on. Normally I would be out dancing and doing other activities. I realize that you all are in the same situation as me - so I'm not justifying my behavior. I guess I'm just trying to analyze my behavior. I also don't have a foster dog right now so I'm not going for dog walks like I normally do. I don't find it to be fun to walk by myself - I've tried motivating myself to take walks, but I end up watching tv instead. Tonight I do get to dance as we have a day of good weather and my line dance instructor is holding an outdoor dance lesson. Sorry if I seem like I'm all over the place - my mind is going in all different directions trying to solve my eating for the week. Everyone have a great Wednesday!

Thanks for sharing this, Sheryl. You don't seem like you're all over the place.

Your posts are reassuring, inspiring, insightful ~ all of it. Many of us are having similar blips and adjustments to the season (depending on your locale), to Covid (almost everywhere), to the election (even in Canada and regardless of who you're rooting for). So your check-ins are reassuring.

Thank goodness I'm not the only one eating too many healthy figs, binge-watching The Queen's Gambit (no spoilers, I have one episode saved for tonight), skipping walks and workouts, and wondering where my motivation is hiding.

Since Wendy went back to Vietnam, I'm all alone here other than Friday when Pippa and Gilbert come for the day. Luckily I'm not tempted by their goat milk, bananas, and fruit chews. But who did I buy these figs for?
  • melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    Hello and Happy Wednesday team. I hope everyone is having a great week. For some reason I've been really hungry this week and I have been eating healthy food - just too much of it! It frustrates me that I end up giving in to the cravings. I try drinking water and I try to distract myself - but it seems like I have too much time on my hands with the pandemic going on. Normally I would be out dancing and doing other activities. I realize that you all are in the same situation as me - so I'm not justifying my behavior. I guess I'm just trying to analyze my behavior. I also don't have a foster dog right now so I'm not going for dog walks like I normally do. I don't find it to be fun to walk by myself - I've tried motivating myself to take walks, but I end up watching tv instead. Tonight I do get to dance as we have a day of good weather and my line dance instructor is holding an outdoor dance lesson. Sorry if I seem like I'm all over the place - my mind is going in all different directions trying to solve my eating for the week. Everyone have a great Wednesday!

Thanks for sharing this, Sheryl. You don't seem like you're all over the place.

Your posts are reassuring, inspiring, insightful ~ all of it. Many of us are having similar blips and adjustments to the season (depending on your locale), to Covid (almost everywhere), to the election (even in Canada and regardless of who you're rooting for). So your check-ins are reassuring.

Thank goodness I'm not the only one eating too many healthy figs, binge-watching The Queen's Gambit (no spoilers, I have one episode saved for tonight), skipping walks and workouts, and wondering where my motivation is hiding.

Since Wendy went back to Vietnam, I'm all alone here other than Friday when Pippa and Gilbert come for the day. Luckily I'm not tempted by their goat milk, bananas, and fruit chews. But who did I buy these figs for?

Me. You knew I love figs...
  • melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,306 Member
    edited November 2020
    Options
    I don't find it to be fun to walk by myself - I've tried motivating myself to take walks, but I end up watching tv instead.

A couple thoughts...in the summer, I had been going to Montana for a conference. They always have a 5K and many attendees do early am walk events. But with covid shut down, the conference went on-line only. We did a virtual 5K (read: we did it on our own) and took pictures, then we posted our times and interesting things we saw and chatted about our walks and funny pets (ours & other peoples'). It was super hot but the walk was more fun because I had something active going with it.

My husband and I like to walk in the cemetary near us and read grave stones. Some, like the corner where no one is older than 3, are sad but some are a liitle funny (Harry and Minnie Chin). Some of the stones truely have a tale to tell. When I walk alone, the cemetary keeps me more mentally active.

You could walk around your living room when commercials come on (unless you're like me and only watch Netfix or similar). Or do a walking game with what you're watching...every time someone says 'and', you do six steps to the right; for 'but' six to the left. Just like a drinking game, but you're walking instead of drinking.
    Please note: I don't DO this...but I probably should.

We should do a weight no more 5k!
  • kandi3570
    kandi3570 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    @1theresamcvean I just started the queens gambit!! I’ve only seen the first one but it was good. It’s different and I like different.
    @melaniedscott a 5K with pictures posted sounds fun. We should pick a week and make it a challenge. Take at least 3 pics of interesting things you find. 😁. Great way to keep us walking and engaged in each other’s adventures.

• kandi3570
    kandi3570 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    12000 steps today and 1400 calories I think. I ate at my moms so god only knows how much butter was in there. No I’m not kidding she doesn’t know either. Lmao. I got my flooring today. It won’t be installed until after the kitchen is done and well I haven’t done anything lately. But I love it. I’ll post a pic.p26mdtqx2nl0.jpeg
  • goingape
    goingape Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

@kandi3570 and @1theresamcvean - I watched the queens gambit too and I loved it! Now I need a new show... let me know your suggestions!

@melaniedscott and @kandi3570 I would join in with a virtual 5K too. Might have to be indoors for me depending on the weather. We are expecting a lot of snow this weekend. Ugh.

@melaniedscott and @1theresamcvean do u eat the figs raw and just by themselves? I think I would like to try them. Just wondering how they are.

@Freeglerock - great job getting back on track! Your family time sounds like it was a lot of fun.

@Cafelelia - we were watching the election coverage too. My oldest son very opinionated about it!

I have a very fun weekend coming up. My girlfriend and I usually do an out of town scrapbook event which was cancelled of course - so the organizers transitioned to an online version.
    We will be spending the better part of three days in the basement and crafting. We are also planning on eating out for a few meals - which will be nice but I am for sure going to be over cals as I won’t be doing much exercising. Excited !

I hope everyone is doing well !
  • pacsnc6
    pacsnc6 Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    pacsnc6
    Thursday weigh in
    week 1
    pw 159.6
    cw 160

up just a bit but that's OK I know I overate a couple days this week. Although yesterday I was down to 158.? Normal bounce I guess.
  • brown6267
    brown6267 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    11/04 steps 4083
  • sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    Check in for Wednesday
    Food-Ugh!
    Water-64+ oz
    Exercise-30 min walk, Pt and stretching

I am not doing well with eating. I do well during the day, then everyone has dinner plans or a late lunch so I end up eating leftovers. I had a plan when I left the shore that I was going to plan meals for myself and if they wanted to join they could. I am going to start that next week. Speaking of the shore, we are heading down soon. It is supposed to be beautiful this weekend and my daughter, her husband and my niece and boyfriend will join us tomorrow. I was thinking of canceling because I seem to gain every time I go down with Jim. I just need to make a plan (easy) and stick to it (not so easy) I have to stick with it this time. I just keep gaining and gaining. This could be good. If I was home I would be cleaning. I don't have cleaning to do down there, so I am going to plan my week, make a shopping list and get moving. We are driving down together so we will be leaving early Sunday(to be home to watch football) which will get me home so I can get ready for the week. Monday I have an appointment with an orthopedic doctor for my knee. It is much better but still hurting, especially at night. I just want to know what it is and how to go from here. I have been getting 30 min of walking or my stationary bike in so that is one good thing from this week.

Hope everyone has a great day and weekend!

@Cafelelia Your son probably knows more then some people here! Lol! I hope you got your nap in!
    @Freeglerock What a fun week you had with the kiddos! Then you got right back on track like you said you would and look at those results! Great job!
    @lennoncpa I am working on the same thing. I overeat even healthy food and give in to snacking when I am not hungry. I am still trying to figure it out. I wonder if you found something to distract you that you love? Walking isn't working so maybe a dance video or zumba?
    @1theresamcvean I haven't been very motivated lately either-maybe the cooler weather?
    @melaniedscott Your response to Theresa made me laugh! What great ideas for moving when we are inside. I would be in for a WNM 5K, the one you did sounded fun!
    @kandi3570 That flooring is going to look so good! I love the color of your walls too.
    @goingape Sounds like a fun weekend! Enjoy!
    @pacsnc6 Thats just a normal fluctuation I am sure. Looks like you maintained for the week. Nice job!
  • lennoncpa
    lennoncpa Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Hello and happy Thursday team! Last night was a beautiful night here in southeast Michigan and we got to do some outdoor line dancing. The weather is supposed to be about the same until Tuesday when I think it is forecasted to rain. Anyways, I know a few of you commented on my post from yesterday and for Saturday I did make plans to go with a friend of mine to the zoo for the day. That should be plenty of walking and fresh air. To make it safe you need to schedule your time and buy the tickets ahead of time. I'm good with that!

@1theresamcvean healthy figs - oh thank goodness I haven't get into those - at least up to now. I'm sure I would go over the top with those like I do everything else. I'm with you as far as goat milk, bananas and fruit chews! lol Binge watching is weird. Its like it was okay to tell friends about it when we first went into lockdown, but now I almost feel embarrassed to talk about it. Obviously I'm not the only one!

@melaniedscott I have walked through old cemeteries with friends but I'm not sure how I would feel doing that alone (spooky)! Reading old gravestones can be very interesting. I've gone through cemeteries for genealogical reasons too - which I really enjoy. As far as television - yes I'm doing Netflix too!! So no commercials! I do wear an apple watch which at least reminds me to get up once an hour and I'm glad for that because sometimes I'm so engrossed in the show that my body stiffens up. I love your idea of a virtual 5k. That would be awesome.

@sleepymom5 if I could find live dance or Zumba classes I would be good - I have a really hard time motivating myself to dance alone. I used to do that all the time because I wanted to learn a dance or practice a really hard dance. Now that we aren't having classes I find that I have no motivation to learn dances on my own. Its a psychological thing that I need to work on for sure. I've actually thought about driving to Chicago to "borrow" my grand puppy Sunny but my son would never go for that!!!
  • Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Wednesday check in
    I had a pretty good day, other than 2 “stress” oreos. My younger son got into a fight at school, which is hugely uncharacteristic. I had to spend a lot of time in the afternoon on the phone with him and the vice-principal. It all worked out in the end, but was quite stressful. He is ok and we had a good talk yesterday and this morning. The fight was over a soccer game foul. He had had less sleep the night before because of the election, but I think the kids fought because they are experiencing more stress due to the pandemic and all of the rules and restrictions that they have to live with. I knew I was eating the Oreos out of stress, but I don’t even really like them much. I stopped at two, which was good. A good reminder and learning experience yet again. Having a more boring day today, which is just fine.

@goingape - So funny that our kids are so into election coverage for elections that are not our own country! It is good for them to learn about the different systems in different places.
  • kiane50
    kiane50 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Hi just checking in. So great to hear about other people lives even in other countries and states. I’m enjoying having my sons home this week. Austyn came in from school to vote. Ryan already lives at home. I’ve heard several talk about the elections. It’s funny because my husband is the only one for trump and I know he has his reasons but he doesn’t take anything lightly so the election is wearing on all of us. Wish it would be over so as to move on. Been eating a little worse since austyn being home as I’m also on vacation. But also walking and doing things. I haven’t been to the store though so I really am low on fresh fruit and veggies. Getting ready to get lunch out again.
  • 1theresamcvean
    Options
    goingape wrote: »
    Hi all,

@kandi3570 and @1theresamcvean - I watched the queens gambit too and I loved it! Now I need a new show... let me know your suggestions!

@melaniedscott and @1theresamcvean do u eat the figs raw and just by themselves? I think I would like to try them. Just wondering how they are.

The next show I plan to watch is Mrs. Wilson. It's on BBC in the UK, PBS and Amazon Prime if you have the Masterpiece subscription. You can take it free for a month. It's a mini-series, three episodes based on a true spy story.

The figs were for a recipe, but I've eaten some straight out of the bag. Here's the recipe I'm going to make. I know it will be good as it's by Yotam Ottolenghi: https://www.eatyourbooks.com/library/recipes/2359233/grilled-figs-with-shaoxing-dressing
This discussion has been closed.