Mission Slimpossible - November 2020 Team Chat

Replies

• TwistedSassette
    TwistedSassette Posts: 8,575 Member
    @TeresaW1020 It sounds like you had a fun day with the little one - I just love that age where they're so inquisitive about everything! Also I need to hear more about pizza casserole...

@adhmrh Thinking of you on your long day today - I hope you manage to stay on track!!

@GabiV125 Amazing weigh in! Congrats on breaking that barrier!

@trooworld Sending you hugs. Self sabotage is a strange beast!

@SammyDee2015 I can't fathom it being so cold that your treadmill won't start!! We have very mild winters here which I'm glad for as I can't handle the cold at all. Maybe you can store the cookies in the frigid basement and they will be too hard to enjoy? :lol:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Thank you for all your supportive comments about the medical assessment! I was quite nervous about it for some reason, but I actually did really well. Apparently I have the lungs of a 25-year-old (I'm 34 so that's good!), a little bit of hearing loss in the middle range (which is likely due to sinus swelling from allergies as it's spring here), low cholesterol, normal blood pressure, and everything else was pretty well perfect! They were surprised at my flexibility and form for most of the exercises (due to my size, I guess), and the only one I couldn't complete was the plank - I managed 20 seconds which they said is pretty average anyway, they don't actually expect anyone to do 2 minutes! So I guess I was stressing for nothing. It was kind of good to know that everything is in a normal range despite my size, and now I have something to work towards for next time (they're every two years, but last time I was pregnant so didn't have to do most of the activities).

My state lost the State of Origin decider, unfortunately! I also overate but I'm not kicking myself for it, because I'm still running a deficit for the week so far. My weight is up today but only by 0.2kg which is from the sodium and alcohol-related water retention. I'm happy enough with that!

It's funny that we're all talking about sleep issues. Yesterday I did a training webinar for work which was about navigating a world of uncertainty - there were tips for the start of your day, during work, and some night time/pre sleep ideas as well. There was a lot of science behind it all, relating to brainwaves and REM sleep and other stuff that I don't pretend to understand, but I thought I'd share with you the basic ideas behind it as there are some really good points!
    o0zmafv67ijd.png

And here are some ideas for a pre-sleep routine (this is what the presenter does):
    7jnks5xl0540.png

There are a few things there that I'm going to try to do - especially the pre-sleep routine, which is basically what you do in the 30 mins screen-free time before bed. The screen-free stuff relates to melatonin which is what you need for good quality sleep (I think)!

If you're interested in seeing more about this, here are the details for the presenter. She was really quite relatable and good at explaining the science behind it (and not trying to sell you anything!).
    at7ojtx3ztba.png

Wishing you all a happy Thursday!!

100 DAY CHALLENGE GOALS
    Day 57: Wednesday 18 November
    1. Log calories eaten: Yes - 38/57
    2. 20 mins exercise: Yes - 33/57
    3. Record a calorie deficit: No - 30/57
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    @GabiV125 Great loss this week and yayyy for being in the 120s!! I hope you have a less stressful week and that your sleep improves. :)

@Jactop Pizza casserole is basically everything that comes on a pizza but without the crust. I make mine by cooking up some turkey Italian sausage, adding in mushrooms, onions, bell peppers, black olives, and Rao’s pizza sauce. Then I dump it in a baking dish and top it with mozzarella and pepperoni. Bake for 20 minutes and enjoy! :grin:

@trooworld Thanks for the pizza crust recipe. It has been pinned and I will give it a try! My little friend mostly stayed out of my decorations. We had to have a few discussions but once I dragged out every toy my dog owns and put on toddler approved TV, he was content. :grin: Why we sabotage is the question that is so hard for many of us to answer and one that we all struggle with from time to time. My only advice is that you sit and think or even write out what was working so well for you when you were in your groove and what has happened since. I know that much of weight loss revolves around disciplining ourselves but it also has to be enjoyable and sustainable. Is your plan something that is really working for you or do you need to tweak it? I know you will figure it out! <3

@SammyDee2015 Yayyy for not touching those cookies and a good plan to make them and then send them off with your husband. Sorry that your treadmill is cranky but there are so many good videos out there now that we can do.

@AustinRuadhain Yeah, I think I’m well suited for the role of a bonus grandma and even as a mom to some of my young girlfriends. Thanks for the recipe link! I saw several that look very tasty and are going into my Pinterest boards. :grin:

@Yup, it was challenging and fun to hang out with the three-year-old. And tonight, I get to hang out with a room of 4 and 5-year old’s and pack Operation Christmas Child boxes. I’ll need some extra strength from above! :D How have you been doing today? You didn’t write about yourself, so I hope you are doing well. <3

Hi Team! Today was a good day. I went and had lunch with my children’s pastor, and we spent an hour and a half chatting about all the things. She recently got a full-time job and hasn’t been able to make it to staff meetings, so I have been missing her a lot. I ate off plan, but it was worth it! I did do a good workout and tonight I will be running around with the kiddos at church. Tomorrow is staff meeting and I’m having lunch with another staff member’s wife to talk about the Christmas party I’m having for the staff and spouses on December 4th. My weight was at another all-time low this morning so I really need to be careful tomorrow so Friday's weigh-in will be good to me! :)

NEW YEAR CHALLENGE: 44 Days until January 1st
    1. Fast Clean: I fasted 19 hours today.
    2. Workout: 40 minute Barre Blend Booty
    3. Eat on plan: I had way more carbs today at Panera Bread then I have been having. I kept it Keto for dinner and ate a small amount of chicken and some mashed cauliflower.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,550 Member
    @TeresaW1020 Hugs, you posted that at the right time, I needed that!

Wednesday check-in
    Exercise- arm cardio, core, stretching, pelvic tilts
    Calories- under

Another tough day with the weather and other things, I miss summer already!
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,880 Member
    @AustinRuadhain What a great day, WTG!

@Cornanda Thanks for your support! Insomnia night meetup...lol! I'd join you!

@TwistedSassette Thank you and yes, it is! Congrats on a great assessment! I know you are relieved to have that done. Thanks for posting the sleep ideas, I have a very hard time with sleep (ever since menopause, see what you have to look forward to??? LOL).

@TeresaW1020 That's good he stayed out of the decorations and stayed content. Nobody wants to deal with an unhappy 3 year old! ;) Thanks for the ideas. I think I will try journaling about it and see what comes up. I think my plan is good to go, I just need to FOLLOW IT. That's good you had fun at lunch. ((( Skinny vibes ))) for tomorrow! I love the graphic you posted, it spoke to me majorly! Thanks for posting.

@GretchenReine take comfort in knowing that you aren't alone. So many people have gained during quarantine. I hope you find what you need to turn it around. ((( HUGS ))) to you.

Hi all. I didn't eat pot pie for breakfast yesterday. In fact, I kept busy and didn't eat anything for breakfast! I think I am sick of what I was eating so I bought some cottage cheese and have blueberries to have with it. I don't have high hopes for Saturday's weigh-in but we'll see. I think next week, I am going to start weighing daily and see if that helps.

Wednesday:
    Calories: over/under: over
    Water: over/under: under
    Exercise: walk
    - track 90% of food intake - 50% accomplished
    - drink 2 (26 oz) bottles of water a day - 25% accomplished
    - meditate for at least 5 minutes a day - not accomplished
    - meditate for at least 5 minutes a day
  • leonadixon
    leonadixon Posts: 479 Member
    Username: leonadixon
    Weigh in day: Tuesday
    PW (9/28/2020): 214
    Check in weight (11/3): 215.8
    Check in weight (11/10): 214.6
    Check in weight (11/17): 216.4

Sorry guys. I have been walking almost every day, so I am wondering if it's water weight. I am not discouraged, only disappointed. Have a great week!
  • gwamajtw91
    gwamajtw91 Posts: 137 Member
    I was just reading all the comments about cookies yesterday and congratulating myself about not buying any cookies whatsoever for the household this week....then I get a Happy Thanksgiving delivery at work from my boss...of 36 assorted Cheryl's Cookies...all delicious...all at least 170 calories a pop.....going in the freezer tonight....this is going to test my willpower to the limit :D:D:D
  • buniphuphu
    buniphuphu Posts: 287 Member
    Everyone is talking about sleep, and I have a couple of things that I do to help me sleep better. The first is that I listen to audiobooks. Listening to audiobooks when I'm drifting off helps me turn off the voice in my head that keeps me awake. Audible has a sleep timer, and I just set that and the book turns off automatically after a certain time. I've also started eating dried tart cherries. Tart cherries have a lot of health benefits, one of which is they are a natural source of melatonin.

@Katmary71 Thanks for the Dory reference, both here and on my feed! I love the encouragement to just keep swimming!

• TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Hi Team! Quick check-in tonight because I need to go help hubby with a project we have going on in our yard next week. I’m glad that my last graphic spoke to some of you. We all need to remember that we need to be kind to ourselves. Especially in these crazy times, we are living in. ;) Today was a very good day. I went to my staff meeting and we finished up by 9:30 so I went shopping for more needed Christmas decorations for the church. I met my sweet friend for lunch and we sat outside in the sun and talked for almost two hours. I had a delicious bunless Monte Cristo and some fries. Afterward, I did some more shopping before heading home. Dinner tonight was strict Keto so I’m hoping for a loss tomorrow, but as we all know the scale will do what the scale will do. :)

NEW YEAR CHALLENGE: 43 Days until January 1st
    1. Fast Clean: I fasted 18 hours today.
    2. Workout: Lots of shopping!
    3. Eat on plan: I ate on plan today.
  • SammyDee2015
    SammyDee2015 Posts: 285 Member
    Daily check in- Thursday 🤗
    I slept through the nite, so I ate .. nothing!
    Think maybe because I took my nite meds two hours before bed, which gave the bladder time to empty enough before hitting the hay. Gonna try it again tonite 🤞🤞

Have a nice evening all- find something fun to think about if ya can 🤗
  • GabiV125
    GabiV125 Posts: 3,116 Member
    @buniphuphu - where did you find the dried tart cherries?
    My grandma had this enormous sour cherry tree in the yard and I climbed it a thousand times. Countless cherry pies, jelly jars and compote...
    We also have this joke that the tree accounts for 10% of my husband’s decision to propose.
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,006 Member
    Hi all- here is a recipe I make a lot, but especially at Thanksgiving. I substitute splenda for the sugar. I have one slice of apple pie, and then while the fam is finishing pies all weekend, I microwave a bit of this and top with some frozen cool whip. It helps me feel I'm participating in the pie clean up. It's a great fall side dish or dessert.

https://www.food.com/recipe/microwave-scalloped-apples-76504

• davors19
    davors19 Posts: 285 Member
    Username:davors19
    Weigh in day: Friday

PW: 260
    CW: 260
    LTD: 40
This discussion has been closed.