Weight No More - November 2020 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• Freeglerock
    Freeglerock Posts: 2,864 Member
    Options
    So a little note on my 5k.  It ended up actually being over 9k, and I did it with my neighbour, who just that day had become a granny!  We decided to walk around Greenham common, and the photo of the cows was taken in one of the wooded areas (and the light was from my head torch - my phone camera flash is useless).  Think we surprised each other -I was not expecting sleeping cows to be on our path!

Greenham Common is a really interesting place.  It used to be a Royal Air Force and US Air Force base during WW2, and then solely a US Air base during the cold War, and housed the longest runway in Europe.  As a child (not living anywhere near it), I was aware of it due to a 19 year womens protest there due to the missiles being stored there.  Although empty and decommissioned, the missile silos for the ground launchers are still there today (and were used in the filming of recent Star Wars films and in Fast and Furious 9).  There are also lots of other interesting things still there today, such as a fire plane and control tower.   It was returned to common land over 20 years ago, and it is quite surprising how quickly the gorse and heather grows as it returns to its natural state.  Unfortunately as it was dark, none of my other photos came out very well! But here is a map of the walk, and was very much enjoyed and helped distress after a busy work day.
    joqyhafpa82l.jpg

• brown6267
    brown6267 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    11/20 steps 10397

Maintenance weight 134.6
  • podperson1
    podperson1 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

@Cafelelia - I am loving your hygge pics and your cozy dining nook. Wow, so impressive to be so close to goal (I'm soooooo far off mine lol), think you have def earned a little break x

@minstrelofsarcasm - thank you for sharing. You are def not alone in feeling isolation and down, I am the same in that I am a pretty introverted person and would have always said I'm quite happy with my own company - but this year has def taught me that I do need SOME social interaction and friendly company as there's been periods where it has really hit me hard. Hang in there, we will all get through this x

@Freeglerock - love your 5k pic, those cows have the grumpy 'what woke me up' look going on :D Sounds like lots of interesting things to see on your route.

@kandi3570 - hope your test comes back ok. Might be wishful thinking but I have heard that if you have sneezing/runny nose it's less likely to be Covid and more just cold/flu. Fingers crossed!

@lennoncpa - love your cemetry pics, I've always found them quite fascinating but didn't think of using them for walks at the moment, may give it a go and hopefully they may be quieter than the usual footpaths.

@xX_PhoenixRising_Xx - the beach is just gorgeous, looks like you had a beautiful day for it as well, love the clouds! Lol at your dress being too short - I used to have some of those net tutu-type underskirts, might work and would be kinda 80s :)

So, not been too bad a week. Have mostly stayed on plan with the food choices and done 2 fitness classes, which is ok but not great. Trying to work up some motivation to get some cleaning done today, but so far it's not happening lol!
  • Zumba_Luvah
    Zumba_Luvah Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Zumba_luvah
    Week 3
    Pw- 151.4
    Cw- 153

Not as bad of a gain as I thought but still. And this next week will be extremely hard to get back on track with it being Thanksgiving. I like being 150 or less, its where I feel the best. My goal is to end 2020 at 150 or less.
  • sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    Check in for Friday
    Food-logged and under
    Water-64 oz
    Exercise-50 min strength, stretching and PT 25 min walk

If I do the entire PT routine as I am supposed to, it takes so long but I feel so much better when I do it. I have such a nice setup with weights and exercise equipment downstairs and I need to use it more. It is just not a pretty space, it is a basement, beams, stone, cement floor...Maybe if we get MK or Shannon to move out I can move everything to that room Lol! That isn't going to happen for a while. I wish I thought of moving everything upstairs before I redid 2 rooms as guest rooms.

I am going to try to do my 5K today. I just found out that Nicole's husband was exposed to Covid so they have to quarantine. They wanted to decorate today and need clips for their lights so I am going to run out to get them. I am deciding if I am going to drop them off or stop at their house during the walk. It is beautiful today but will be raining tomorrow so I want to get out and enjoy it.

Have a wonderful weekend everyone!

@Cafelelia It is awesome to be so close to goal. I think your plan going forward is a good one. You can still get support on the cheer squad if you need it. We were lucky to have you as a moderator and captain. I am sad you will be going January but happy that you have reached your goals. xo
    @lennoncpa How interesting! I love checking out things like that. I wonder if he got remarried(his wife was young when she passed away) or he relocated somewhere else? How nice that you also were able to have some happy memories about your past clients. Good idea to do your 5K before the weather gets cold. I am going to try to get out today too.
    @kumecyclingteam Lol! I may have to steal that excuse for one of my weigh ins. Sounds like you had a good week so keep it going!
    @kiane50 Nice loss! You are doing great! Amazing overall loss too!
    @xX_PhoenixRising_Xx Love the pictures! You never get tired of the scenery and I never get tired of your pictures. They are calming without me even being there Lol! How fun doing the 80 themed party! Those were my High School and College years! I loved the 80s! I can't wait to see your outfit but I will be patient!
    @kos33 Don't beat yourself up. The important thing is that you are back on track!
    @Freeglerock What an interesting walk! Thanks for telling us about it.
    @kandi3570 Great loss this week!
    @podperson1 What a good week you had. It may not be where you wanted to be but you seem to be doing better than you were doing the week before. Be proud and keep it going. Good luck with the cleaning too, that isn't the easiest thing to get motivated for Lol!
    @Zumba_Luvah See! Not as bad as you thought it would be! I think you can definitely be at your goal for 2021!
  • Zumba_Luvah
    Zumba_Luvah Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    @sleepymom5

Thanks. I know I can do it :)
  • goingape
    goingape Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

Goingape’s weigh in
    Last week 150
    This week 152.6
    Gain of 2.6

Heading in the wrong direction, the baking and snacking really did me in this week.

Some of my exercise classes have been cancelled due to covid restrictions, I am working on getting more going at home. Seems like that will be the direction of things, we are now in a slow down in my province so I have cancelled any and all plans except work and my classes. I am still working at the office. I expected that would change with the slow down but my boss wanted me at work.

On the mental health side of things my middle child has been struggling, so I’m feeling his pain. This had started back in the summer with constant headaches and now I understand that was a symptom of the internal struggles he was having.

Tough times for everyone, I’m praying he will feel better and more like himself soon.
  • kirsten11872
    kirsten11872 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    kirsten11872
    Week:3
    Weigh-in day:Saturday
    Previous weight:155.9
    Current weight:159.1
    +3.2
  • 1theresamcvean
    1theresamcvean Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    lennoncpa wrote: »
    I didn’t even realize my Apple Watch did a little map of my route like this! Isn’t that cool? You can see where I was zig zagging through the cemetery!

Love your map, Sheryl!
  • 1theresamcvean
    Options
    Hello all!
    Time to refocus! The scale is moving in the wrong direction. I’ve been eating crap & not working out as much.
    Hope you’re doing well, enjoying the weekend! 😊

It's a tough time and I have faith in you. You've been doing amazingly well under the challenges we're facing. When you're ready to reset, you've got this!
  • 1theresamcvean
    Options
    hope002 wrote: »
    Hope002
    Friday
    PW 178.5
    CW 177.9

Awesome, Ella!
  • 1theresamcvean
    Options
    goingape wrote: »
    Hi all,

Goingape’s weigh in
    Last week 150
    This week 152.6
    Gain of 2.6

Heading in the wrong direction, the baking and snacking really did me in this week.

Some of my exercise classes have been cancelled due to covid restrictions, I am working on getting more going at home. Seems like that will be the direction of things, we are now in a slow down in my province so I have cancelled any and all plans except work and my classes. I am still working at the office. I expected that would change with the slow down but my boss wanted me at work.

On the mental health side of things my middle child has been struggling, so I’m feeling his pain. This had started back in the summer with constant headaches and now I understand that was a symptom of the internal struggles he was having.

Tough times for everyone, I’m praying he will feel better and more like himself soon.

April, I'm sorry to hear about your child struggling. My neighbours have the same thing happening with their two teen-aged sons. Just walking the dogs has them stressed. Poor kids.
This discussion has been closed.