Mission Slimpossible - November 2020 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• TwistedSassette
    TwistedSassette Posts: 8,592 Member
    Options
    @AustinRuadhain Thank you for sharing your goal ladder idea! I just prepared myself a similar ladder - though mine has many more rungs :lol: I'm excited to start ticking off the steps as each rung is only a little further than the last.
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,890 Member
    Options
    @AustinRuadhain Thanks! Ah...cut and paste error has happened to me, too! Good luck on moving from level 10 to 11, I know you can do it! <3 Thank you for sharing your goal ladder idea, I am creating one for myself and think it will be super motivating!

@vegan4lyfe2012 I hope you enjoy Thanksgiving, a stuffed acorn squash sounds delicious! I am spacing out the cooking over these next 3 days so I'm not overwhelmed, which I tend to get when cooking for the holidays.

@buniphuphu That stinks that people aren't wearing masks at your gym, I don't blame you for putting your membership on hold. Thanks for your comment about the amount of weight to lose, it struck a cord with me and I like the idea of focusing on "Under x amount". I am going to try that.

@TwistedSassette I think I'm going to find the same thing about weighing daily. That's exactly what happens when I weigh weekly...sometimes I feel like just giving up. :( Oh geez, 4 hours? That's terrible. No wonder you had a bad day. Your husband sounds very handy. I hope you can get a good night's sleep tonight and that your headache goes away.

@Katmary71 Oh I'm so sorry you are feeling that bad, that must be awful. I know your turkey is going to come out well, you will do it right!

@TeresaW1020 Wow, that's a good deal on the puzzles! I bet your yard looks nice just in time for the holidays.

@Cornanda Thanks for your post. I do identify with what you are saying, too. If I don't try, I gain, too, and I end up back at my starting weight or worse. Very smart ideas in your post. I do sometimes feel like I can do it: I can picture myself at a healthy weight. It's just the down days that drag me down.

Hello all. I am now thinking of a goal ladder thanks to @AustinRuadhain ! I already have a word for the year that I focus on. This year's word was COMMITTED. I am thinking about what I want next year's word to be.

Monday:
    Calories: over/under: over
    Water: over/under: under
    Exercise: walk
    - track 90% of food intake - 100% accomplished
    - drink 2 (26 oz) bottles of water a day - 30% accomplished
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    Check-in for Monday
    🟢Food on plan, weighed, logged
    🟢Calories in the green
    🟢Workout (50+ min)
    🟢Breathing exercises
    🟢Martial arts forms
    🔴Morning movement
    🟡FitRockr Challenge: 12% of the way there

Tuesday Goals
    Food on plan, weighed, logged
    Calories in the green
    Workout (50+ min)
    Breathing exercises
    Martial arts forms
    FitRockr Challenge (can I get to 34% today?)

@TwistedSassette @trooworld
    I am so glad the milestone ladder is inspiring! :heart: :heart:

@trooworld - I look forward to hearing your word for the year for 2021!

@SammyDee2015 - What a great day you had! Hurray to no midnight snack attack!
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    Something helpful for holiday eating?

So as I start to work cooking for the holidays (I got the big shopping done yesterday! cooking starts today!), I am thinking about how to make sure I don't dig myself into a big hole with holiday eating. That had me off and reading about things. Sharing in case they are helpful to others!

y5b22iytmjkn.jpg

More reading, for those that like that kind of thing:
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,113 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Mission Slimpossible's ... You have a newcomer heading your way ...Please welcome @KymRobyn :)
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options
    Hey, all! Just a quick pop in to say SO FAR SO GOOD today :smile:

@AustinRuadhain I have read and re-read your ladder blog and it is fantastic! What a great way to see your progress. I am definitely going to give that a try. Celebrate the small wins that will get me that much closer to VICTORY! I'm working on my list today!

@SammyDee2015 Thank you for all your kind words. I appreciate you!

• TwistedSassette
    Options
    @Katmary71 I'm sorry you had to go to the ER - I hope you're feeling better soon.

@TeresaW1020 Thanks for the suggestion - I have used Happy Scale in the past but I just track everything in a spreadsheet now. I have a chart that plots my rolling weekly deficit and weight change against each other so it provides a good visual of my progress.
    P.S. your garden sounds wonderful!!

@trooworld Thanks, my hubby is super handy (I joke that it's the reason I keep him around!). I like your word of the year - it's a good choice!

@KymRobyn Welcome!!

@vegan4lyfe2012 I'm glad you're having a better day!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Not much to report here. I ate a little too much but still had a deficit. Didn't do any exercise again, was still feeling a bit off and just didn't feel like it. Poor excuse, but it is what it is.

We are hosting my family at Christmas this year (will be 8 of us in total) so I'm starting to think about what food we will serve etc. I want to have some healthy options available as well as the traditional stuff! My dad suggested we just do finger foods so nobody has to actually cook on Christmas Day, so I'm thinking about what type of finger foods I can make ahead that give a nod to a traditional Christmas!

100 DAY CHALLENGE GOALS
    Day 63: Tuesday 24 November
    1. Log calories eaten: Yes - 42/63
    2. 20 mins exercise: No - 37/63
    3. Record a calorie deficit: Yes - 33/63
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    @AustinRuadhain What a great idea to make a ladder of weight successes. I have the numbers here or there but I’ve not laid it out in a way that you have. Totally going to do this! :grin: And I agree that hitting the daily actions that I set for myself always gives me better results than on days when I just do whatever I feel like doing, which is usually sitting and snacking. And great links to better understand mindfulness! I bookmarked all three. :)

Hi Team! Today was a good day. Mom and I went out early and did our grocery shopping for the week and then I came home and was just going to straighten up my kitchen. But then it turned into an entire thing of me reorganizing and cleaning all my drawers and cabinets. I need to do the pantry but that is a whole project onto itself right now.

NEW YEAR CHALLENGE: 38 Days until January 1st
    1.Fast Clean: I fasted 18 hours today.
    2.Workout: . I didn’t work out today but I did do a lot of cleaning. My back is still acting up and totally annoying me. I kind of think I have a ruptured disk and not too sure how to fix that.
    3.Eat on plan: I ate on plan today.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,558 Member
    Options
    @TeresaW1020 I think Aldi's and Trader Joe's have the same owner that started them, does Aldi's also have seasonal items? We don't have it here, I need to get to Trader Joe's to get some seasonal peppermint items, I love their candy cane tea and cocoa peppermint almond milk creamer then there's all the chocolate peppermint stuff!

@SammyDee2015 Great job hitting your goals!

@AustinRuadhain I love those emojis! I'll keep them in mind this week since I won't be able to walk off dinner to make room for dessert. I've been better this year compared to last year when it comes to overeating on holidays. Good luck preparing everything.

@KymRobyn Welcome to Slimpossibles, can't wait to get to know you!

@TwistedSassette When we had large Christmases with extended family we'd do appetizers and Christmas cookies but I don't remember anything healthy. You could make carrot dogs, I've never tried them but you could do baby carrots in sauce like those cocktail hot dogs. Most of the stuff going through my head isn't healthy!

@TeresaW1020 can you get your doctor to send you for an MRI? If you know what's going on you can figure out how to treat it next. Huge hug, I know it's really frustrating to do things right physically and still deal with issues. Hope your reorganizing went well, I love having things in order even though it's a pain to do!

Tuesday check-in
    Exercise- arm cardio, stretching
    Calories- under

Nothing exciting to report, I can't get this flare-up calmed down since the rain last week but feel like all I do is complain so I don't even want to get into it. I met some women on Zoom from a local pain group today, they're nice and I'd go again but I didn't feel an immediate bond with any of them. Thursday I'm going to my brother's for Thanksgiving then Friday I have my neuro appointment. Just realized saying all this I was planning to cook that stupid turkey Friday but I doubt I'll have the strength to stand after that appointment plus it's going to take all day so it may have to wait.
  • trooworld
    Options
    @AustinRuadhain Thanks again for that inspiring post, I created my own ladder and I think it will be very motivating. Thanks for the articles to read.

@TwistedSassette That's good you are already thinking of Christmas dinner, more time to plan.

@TeresaW1020 Ugh, you remind me that I need to reorganize the cupboards in the kitchen. I don't think I'll do it before Thanksgiving though. Your poor back! :(

@Katmary71 I hope you get some answers on Friday. Have a wonderful day tomorrow.

Tuesday:
    - drink 2 (26 oz) bottles of water a day - 50% accomplished
  • GabiV125
    GabiV125 Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    Username: GabiV125
    Check in day: Wednesday
    PW: 129.8 lb
    CW: 129.6 lb
    No sleep, poor exercise, but ate in calories, so it’s alright.

38 days to New Year:
    -eat within calories- 49/65
    - walk 12k - 46/65
  • adhmrh
    adhmrh Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    @vegan4lyfe2012 I glad you have your son home. I know that is such a precious time. I'm with you on how overwhelming this weigh loss journey can be. I try to focus on the second number in my weight. My goal is always to change the 2nd number. So right now I am looking to go from a 4 to a 3, that is normally a 4-5 week goal for me. Currently I started November (ended October) in the low 250's. Right now I'm in the mid 240's. Hoping to start December in the low 240's or high 230's. It is much easier for me to recognize success in 10 pound increments. Your Thanksgiving meal sounds delicious.

@buniphuphu I agree completely that breaking down our goals helps so much. Hate you can swim. Hope that changes soon!!!

@anido1 What an awesome weigh in!!!!!

@TwistedSassette Glad you got some sleep. Being rested helps me so much!!! Both physically and emotionally.

@Katmary71 Continuing to keep you in my thoughts and prayers!!

@TeresaW1020 I know your house and yard are just beautiful. Love hearing all the descriptions. I hope your Christmas party is wildly successful. Great score on the puzzles!! Boy I need to reorganize my kitchen drawers!!!

@AustinRuadhain I love the ladder idea. Yours was great. I am going to do this!!! Also, thanks for sharing the Eat-Mojis. I will definitely implement this.

@SammyDee2015 You are really rocking the "no midnight snack attack"! That is awesome!!!

@trooworld It sure looks like you have lived up to this years word - COMMITTED!! Interested to see what you come up with for next years word!!

@GabiV125 Congrats on your weight loss!! No matter the size of the loss, a loss is a loss! Great job eating within calories!!

@KymRobyn welcome!!!!

• adhmrh
    adhmrh Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Good morning, happy Wednesday. I love the holidays and getting to have my guys home. I have always said my happy time is when the right cars are all parked in MY driveway. ;) I am about to start cooking for Thanksgiving. I have worked hard this week to keep my eating in check since my weigh in is the morning after Thanksgiving. So far, so good.

My big victory so far this week: yesterday we went shopping and out to lunch. I really just wanted a burger and fries. But, we all decided healthy was the better way, so we opted for salads with a some chicken salad too. So last night hubby and I headed to the grocery at 6:30pm (the store wasn't crowded at all, funny when you live in a community that is mostly 55+ in age evenings at the grocery are quite quiet! :D ) and got all we needed. As we were headed home on the back roads I said to my hubby all I really want is a burger and fries. He said why didn't you go home the other route and go through McDonalds and get one. I laughed and said I didn't go the other route home because I WOULD HAVE gotten a burger and fries! lol For me it is just about redirecting sometimes. Got home and had a couple of eggs and felt such accomplishment. Today I have no desire for the burger and fries. I just had to get past it.

Wanted to share a book that I have been reading that is so, so good!!

dhsklspg4a0f.jpg

I have been reading this on my kindle and it is so good, I want to read again with it in my hands so I can make notes and highlight. It is practical and really gets me thinking.

I hope everyone has a great evening and a wonderful Thursday!

Monday/Tuesday Checkin:

-log every bite: yes/yes
    -6,000+ steps: yes/yes
    -30 mins of workout: no/no (I really have to get this going)
    -drink 96oz of water: yes/no
    -no sugar: yes/no

• TwistedSassette
    Options
    @adhmrh That really is an accomplishment! I would probably have turned around and went the other route :lol: Great choices add up and you're proof of that.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Not much to report here. Much more active yesterday and this morning's weight is the lowest I've seen in a long time so I'm feeling pretty good. Hoping it doesn't spike up for my "official" weigh in tomorrow! This morning's weight means I've lost 5kg (~11 lbs) since June so it's slow and steady but I can feel the difference. For the first time in my life, I'm really sticking with my plan and it's really working.

100 DAY CHALLENGE GOALS
    Day 64: Wednesday 25 November
    1. Log calories eaten: Yes - 43/64
    2. 20 mins exercise: Yes - 38/64
    3. Record a calorie deficit: Yes - 34/64
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    @Katmary71 Aldi’s and Trader Joe’s actually has an interesting story. Take a look ;)https://www.thekitchn.com/aldi-trader-joes-parent-company-rumor-260999. Aldi’s does have its own seasonal items and much of it is very good. I have been fighting off the need to go to the doctor for my back. A couple of weeks ago I caved into hubby and told him I would go to a pain management place he found but they only take patients with insurance and I am self-pay through a Christian health sharing plan. So, I guess I will have to get an appointment with my GP and see what she recommends. :/ I hope you have a good appointment with the neuro doc and that you also have a very happy Thanksgiving with your family. Don’t overdo it!! <3

@adhmrh I LOVE how you deliberately avoided going where you could have caved and got the burger and fries and instead you stuck to your intention and now have the pride of accomplishment. Wayyyy to go!!! B) I looked up the book and it does sound very interesting and relevant. There is no diet that will ever work if we don’t get our head straight on the reasons, we become overweight in the first place. And yes to the excerpt I read where he says it’s about consistency. Couldn’t agree more!! I will have to wait until after Christmas and then I will order the book. Thanks!! :)

@TwistedSassette Yayyy for being at a new low weight! Even if it does bounce back up you are going in the right direction and slow and steady is truly the best way to keep the weight off. Just stay focused on your goals and you will make it happen! :)

Hi Team! Today has been a good day. I did so much stuff on my to-do list that got crossed off that I was forced to make a new to-do list. I love when that happens! :grin: I’m all set for Thanksgiving tomorrow and since it’s just the three of us it will be a chill day with some yummy food and red wine! I’m mostly focused on my Christmas party for my staff and their spouses that is on 12/4. Today, I got the games ready we will play and finalized my food list. I’ve decided that for my sweet appetizer, I’m making mini eggnog cupcakes! <3

NEW YEAR CHALLENGE: 37 Days until January 1st
    1.Fast Clean: I fasted 20 hours today.
    2.Workout: I did Barre Blend Booty today
    3.Eat on plan: I ate on plan today.
  • Firefly743
    Firefly743 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

First off - I just want to wish everyone a safe and Happy Thanksgiving! I will be taking the day off from MFP tomorrow to just spend time with my son and relax!!

I took a few days off from work - MUCH needed. So I'm off today through Monday. I must say, OMG, today was wonderful! I slept in a little and then got some stuff done around the house. I made some time for myself - couch time - time to snuggle with Moo (my cat) - watched TV - organized my closet before I even came down for breakfast! 5 loads of laundry are now done!!

But the biggest thing I did for myself was did a little digging into the progress I've been making with my weight loss. I have been beyond frustrated lately. I have been dancing in the same 291# range for the last 11 days. That is really hard for me to handle. I've been sticking with the calories laid out here on MFP (1490) - usually come in just a smidge under. So it just doesn't make sense to me why my weight isn't moving in the direction I think it should be. Well, when I went to the doctor last week I told him how many calories MFP has me on and he said it's too low - I should be eating 1600. So then it overwhelms me a bit to try and figure out how to eat a little more. The last two days I ate whatever I wanted. I didn't go nuts. I stuck with two meals the same as normal each day, but then one meal I just did whatever the hell I wanted. I didn't track the calories before I ate it. I just did what I wanted. And if I wanted a snack, I ate it. So yesterday I came in at 1700 calories. I stepped on the scale this morning...down 2.0 pounds. Go figure! So, is this my body telling me "GIVE ME MORE CALORIES!"? Perhaps. I wish it wouldn't take me 11 days to figure it out. Maybe my weight will go back up tomorrow, who knows. It's hard to really figure out exactly what the right "recipe" is for my body.

So in my digging today, I realized it took me 1 1/2 months to lose these 10 pounds. That was shocking and annoying. I feel like I should have lost way more than that in that time. Not because anyone is telling me that - but because of the pressure I put on myself. So I went back to the beginning. I've been working on my weight loss for 4 1/2 months. In the first 1 1/2 I lost 22 pounds, then the next 1 1/2 months I lost 10 pounds, and now this last 1 1/2 months, 10 pounds. So now I know I'm not crazy, my weight loss has definitely slowed down. Seeing it with my own eyes was just what I needed. I was so happy to see that I wasn't crazy and that HA, I knew things were slowing down and I'm not crazy!! But then I was totally fine with it because I've also decided that my body will lose what it needs to lose when it needs to lose it. I don't want to do what is unhealthy - I don't want to just hurry up and get the weight off and then deal with the consequences of rapid weight loss. So I will just be happy that I am still losing, no matter how slow, no matter how annoyingly slow. I will learn to listen to my body - perhaps a little faster. And I have to learn that it's ok right now, to eat more - which just seems so opposite of what I need to be doing. But again, bottom line is I need to listen to my body, and not always MFP - and what worked last week, may not work this week. And there is no defined finish line, I'll get there when I get there. One day at a time!

Happy Thanksgiving guys! xoxo
  • Jactop
    Jactop Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    Weigh in

Jactop
    Monday
    PW: 192.0
    CW: 191.6

I think I may have missed posting my weigh in. Sorry about that
  • GabiV125
    GabiV125 Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    Happy Thanksgiving everyone! No overthinking, no guilt, only good vibes for us all.
  • trooworld
    Options
    @adhmrh Thanks, I have been! :) That's so great that you ate a salad instead of a burger and fries, woo hoo! And fantastic that the stores weren't crowded. Thanks for sharing that book, I'll check it out. I hope your Thanksgiving goes well.

@TwistedSassette That's great that you've lost 11 lbs since June, and fantastic your weight is down today. WTG!

@TeresaW1020 I hope your day is good today. Your sweet appetizer for your party sounds delicious!

Hello everyone. I'm prepared for the day as best as I can, I will start cooking in a couple of hours. I hope you have a great Thanksgiving (for those in the US) and a great day (for those not in the US)!

Wednesday:
    - drink 2 (26 oz) bottles of water a day - 25% accomplished
This discussion has been closed.