Weight No More - November 2020 Team Chat

Replies

• minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,204 Member
    Thanks for the update @Megan_smartiepants1970 !

@4newrunner22 - Thanks for being a part of our team! I'm sure you'll make a lovely addition to the Downsizers, even if you'll be missed over here

@Ingute2020 - Welcome to team Weight No More! I'm Ashley, one of the two co-captains here, along with the marvelous Theresa ( @1theresamcvean ). You're welcome to chat with us, get acquainted with the team, and request support, but you won't need to do any weigh-ins until next week! Let us know if there's anything we can do for you while you're here. Can't wait to get to know you!
  • kandi3570
    kandi3570 Posts: 238 Member
    @sleepymom5 No I am not opening little packets. 😂😂. They sell it at Walmart and amazon. I have been buying it for years. When I make sweet tea I do half Splenda half sugar.
  • kandi3570
    8300 steps today. I really need to get back to my 12000 a day goal. Lol I haven’t put much effort into this that lately.
  • Freeglerock
    Freeglerock Posts: 2,864 Member
    Freeglerock
    Week 4
    PW: 170.5
    CW: 170.3
    LTD: 48.2

I am struggling to choose the right things to eat, and sneaky snacks are finding their way in. Need to get that motivation back so I can start losing again as only just over a stone from my goal weight, and I would like to get there. First thing I know that helps in checking in here regularly - I AM going to do that, and am going to set myself some tasks.

And a question for you all.... So I love sweet foods, and in the evening I like to have something. What are your lower calorie go to's to satisfy your sweet cravings? The lower calorie the better :) Thank you!
  • brown6267
    brown6267 Posts: 476 Member
    11/24 steps 5303
  • kandi3570
    You ever get the feeling people intentionally try to sabotage your journey. Like talk about food and then laugh thinking they’re getting to you. It doesn’t work. But I don’t understand the mindset of trying to drag down someone who is bettering themselves. Or you don’t want to look sickly. My god I weigh 194 lbs I’m pretty sure I’ve got a ways to go. In the last week I’ve gotten it from a lot of family members. It’s acceptable to lose weight evidently to a point. But just until it cuts into their comfort. I love this one. You gotta tell me how to lose weight. And everything I suggest they say I can’t live without that. 🤷‍♀️ Ok well then figure it out on your own. Haha little do they know this is my journey and I’ll stop when I damn well please. 😁.
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    And a question for you all.... So I love sweet foods, and in the evening I like to have something. What are your lower calorie go to's to satisfy your sweet cravings? The lower calorie the better :) Thank you!

@Freeglerock - My go-tos are usually strawberries/blueberries. Tossing them in some lemon juice, mint, and basil gives them a wonderfully fresh feel. Although I've been trying to just have a cup of hot tea if I'm craving food after dinner, because my post-dinner hunger is usually just dehydration.

@kandi3570 - For a lot of people, seeing someone else improve themselves is a reminder that they're not who they want to be either, but they're not doing anything about it. My family has always been overweight, and my mother thinks that my losing weight (read: "starving myself") is a sign that I believe they're not good enough for me (I get insanely unhealthy "care packages" from her from time to time). It's so easy to project our insecurities on others.
  • sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,456 Member
    edited November 2020
    Check in for Tuesday
    Food-logged and under
    Water-80 oz
    Exercise-30 min Leslie Sansone video, PT, stretching and strength.

Great day yesterday! I am really trying to make this work to fit my life and yesterday I had a little test. I was out with my husband doing errands and stopped to drop something at the bar. My nephew, the cook, came to the car with soup to try. It was seafood chowder and very creamy. I was thinking, Ugh! I would never order this, there are so much fat and calories. This is going to throw me off my good streak, blah, blah...and then I stopped those thoughts and said to myself. You are taking a taste of soup, it isn't going to ruin everything. Not only did I taste it, we ended up going in and having a late lunch/early dinner. I even ordered the soup but had a salad too. It wasn't what I had planned but I really paid attention to my hunger and stopped when I was satisfied. I also made that my dinner and didn't have anything the rest of the evening. This is a huge step for me. In the past I would have said, I am blowing everything ordering this soup, I might as well order this fried, fattening dinner to go with it. I also might as well eat it all because I am eating so early and I don't want to be hungry later. I would probably have a snack later too. I know it may sound like no big deal to some of you but this shows how much thought work I have done. I am working hard to be able to eat without the drama around it. My goal is similar to what happened today. I want to be able to eat what I want to but not to overeat when I do. I also want to be able to be spontaneous and choose what I want to splurge on. I wanted that soup but I got a salad and made it my dinner. All of those choices were mine, not out of guilt or shame. I decided I wanted that delicious soup and these were all options I could do to have it. I also told myself, if I was hungry later I could have something light, like a yogurt. I ended up not being hungry at all. I am learning so much about my appetite and hunger. I have a ways to go but this was such an eye opener and example of how I want things to be. Now for Thanksgiving...

I most likely won't be on here to check in tomorrow. Although we are not having a big celebration, it will be just my husband and daughters who live here this year. However, I offered to cook for our usual guests who are local. My brother who cooks is not coming so I am on my own. Those who have been on this team for a while know that cooking is not my thing Lol! Wish me luck! Happy Thanksgiving to everyone who celebrates tomorrow.

@1theresamcvean and @minstrelofsarcasm Can I weigh in tomorrow just for this week. I am sure I am not going to like the number on Friday. Lol!
    @4newrunner22 Good luck! I know since we are mostly women so this team may not have been the best fit for you. I am glad you spoke up and I hope the DS will give you the support you need. :)
    @Ingute2020 Welcome!!
    @minstrelofsarcasm Like that quote (never sure what to call those lol) It took me years to figure that out.
    @Cafelelia I am loving these hygge ideas!
    @pacsn6 I was disgusted and stopped. Lol! The longest was 30 seconds and the shortest was 15 seconds. Now that you mentioned it, I am going to start it up again and stick with it. I really need to get my core stronger and this will help. I agree about the stronger wrists and arms when you get to a certain point. I think planks help with building strength in the arms. I guess adding other arm exercise may help build up strength too. I have no idea about the wrists though. I remember they started hurting when I was able to plank longer than I do now.
    @kandi3570 I learn so much here! Lol! I actually went to amazon and bought some right when I read your post! I don't understand when people say things like that either. I have also been told that I don't need to lose anymore weight Lol! I was over 200 when I was told that. WTH? We can't control what comes out of other peoples mouth but we can control how we react to it. I have learned that I either ignore the comments or say something superficial not to engage. I thank them for compliments even if I think it is ridiculous and leave it at Thank you. I don't add, I have more to go, it is only 25 pounds etc. I also do not say much if asked about how I lost, unless I know it is someone who has struggled like me. With this recent loss, I actually have been following my hunger cues and haven't been eating as much as I used to. I am going to tell people I am just not eating as much if I am asked from now on. Lol! I haven't been asked lately, guess because I haven't been out as much. I think you have a great attitude and are doing great. It is absolutely your journey and you have been so successful so no need for anyone else's comments unless they are supportive.
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    sleepymom5 wrote: »
    @1theresamcvean and @minstrelofsarcasm Can I weigh in tomorrow just for this week. I am sure I am not going to like the number on Friday. Lol!

Not a problem! Very grateful my weigh-in is on Thursdays for EXACTLY that reason!
    sleepymom5 wrote: »
    @pacsn6 I was disgusted and stopped. Lol! The longest was 30 seconds and the shortest was 15 seconds. Now that you mentioned it, I am going to start it up again and stick with it. I really need to get my core stronger and this will help. I agree about the stronger wrists and arms when you get to a certain point. I think planks help with building strength in the arms. I guess adding other arm exercise may help build up strength too. I have no idea about the wrists though. I remember they started hurting when I was able to plank longer than I do now.

@sleepymom5 and @pacsnc6 -

My wrists do not like high planks one bit. I could hold one for a couple minutes when I was actively doing a plank routine per day while the gym was closed, but my carpal tunnel eventually caught up with me. I would highly recommend doing low planks, though. Puts far less stress on your wrists, easier to hold proper form, and it's not as far if you fall :D

A trick I learned from spin class is picking a random number and counting down from it over and over and over again. I usually pick 8, and count down as quickly as I feel I need to, then start from 8 again until my body is shaking and I don't think I can handle another 8 count even if you paid me. Breaking hard things down into smaller intervals makes them easier. It also led me to reaching just under 7 minutes on my longest low plank.
  • goingape
    goingape Posts: 429 Member
    @Freeglerock i have a riesen candy usually every day. It’s 43 calories per candy. It’s a toffee chew with chocolate wrapped around. It’s enough sweetness for me to stop at one (usually).

• kandi3570
    @sleepymom5 I see how proud you are of how you handled the soup. And I’m glad you enjoyed it. That’s the goal. To enjoy life and be healthy. That’s how I want to be. I want to be able to enjoy food and socialize and not freak out over calories but not overdue it. I am still one of those people that eats everything I put in front of myself. So I am learning to make small portions and go back if I’m still hungry. I’m glad you got some Splenda. Pumpkin has sooo much fiber in it, and I never get enough. I may make pumpkin pie more often to increase my fiber and it’s very good for you. You know minus the sugar. And I’m fine with people and their comments. I just had to vent. Maybe someone else needed to hear it too. Weight loss isn’t the first thing that I’ve endured other people’s insecurities over. Lol don’t worry when they push too hard I just start on diabetes, high blood pressure, and cancer. Because I hear a lot about aspartame causing cancer. Is it true, idk. I’ve never researched it in depth. But what I do know is that sugar feeds cancer and makes it grow. And that’s always my comeback. Sometimes the faces they make are great. It’s almost actual shock.
    @minstrelofsarcasm thank you for your kind words. I do know it’s their mindset, insecurity, or possible just their mental image of me. Don’t worry I’ve 3straightened my crown. 😁
  • jedaschultz
    jedaschultz Posts: 980 Member

Username: jedaschultz
    Weigh In Day: Monday
    Week 4
    PW (Previous Weight): 204
    CW (Current Weight): 206.6

Thanksgiving week. 😳

• brown6267
    brown6267 Posts: 476 Member
    11/25 steps 9526
  • pacsnc6
    pacsnc6 Posts: 978 Member
    pacsnc6
    Thursday weigh in
    Week 4
    pw: 161.1
    cw: 160
  • pacsnc6
    pacsnc6 Posts: 978 Member
    edited November 2020
    I don't remember who posted the recipe for black bean brownies here. I did some substitutions: I used my blender as I don't have a food processor. I used "old fashioned oats" instead of "quick oats" and they came out just fine. I also used honey in place of the maple syrup. I think they taste a little more like fudge because with no flour they aren't cake like. I will make these again.
  • lennoncpa
    lennoncpa Posts: 777 Member
    Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!!!

tzq8i0cjchj1.jpeg
  • Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    28sy1j07f21p.jpeg

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone celebrating!

Sunny - I missed you!
  • tryingagain5
    tryingagain5 Posts: 1,037 Member
    Happy Thanksgiving!

I'm way behind again.😊
    I've been doing pretty well. I looked back at what I weighed at the beginning of November and was pleasantly surprised when I saw that I had lost almost 6 pounds for the month. Now to keep going.😁

I'm off work until Sunday night and am happy about that. Need some time off after lots of OT lately.

I took a nap last night that was supposed to be 2 hours. I set my alarm for 8:30PM. I must have slept through it because when I woke up it was 3AM.😊 Good thing I didn't have to work last night, I would have gotten myself in trouble considering I start at 10:30PM. I decided I should actually go to bed and slept off and on until 8.

Hope everyone has a great day to those celebrating Thanksgiving! To those who live in other countries, I hope you also have a great day!

This discussion has been closed.