PW (9/28/2020): 214
    Check in weight (11/3): 215.8
    Check in weight (11/10): 214.6
    Check in weight (11/17): 216.4
    Check in weight (11/24): 217.6
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    @Firefly743 Yayyy for having time off from work and I hope you fully enjoy every moment! So, in 4 1/2 months, you have lost 40 lbs. Girl, that is awesome and something to seriously celebrate!! Your doctor is right that you are eating too few calories. You need to learn to listen to your body, which can be really hard for people who only focus on the number of calories they think they should be eating instead of what their body needs. I don’t personally believe that counting calories works in the long term. I also try hard not to push my own beliefs on this group unless specifically asked to. However, I really encourage you to look up Dr. Jason Fung and read “The Obesity Code,” watch his YouTube videos or find his articles on why calorie counting doesn’t work. I found what he had to say life-changing in the way I now approach weight loss.

Hi Team! It’s quiet around here, which I’m hoping means you are all having a lovely holiday if you are in the U.S. We had our dinner earlier and just finished up some pie and ice-cream. The sugar has hit me, and I need a nap or a cup of coffee, which is probably the direction I’m heading. Today, was low-key and just the three of us here. Tomorrow hubby and I are going up to the church to organize the Christmas decorations and set up the new flocked tree that I bought for the church. The ladies will descend on the place Saturday morning and make it beautiful for church on Sunday. I can’t wait for our people to see all the new changes that are being made this year. :grin:

NEW YEAR CHALLENGE: 36 Days until January 1st
    1.Fast Clean: I fasted 20 hours today.
    2.Workout: I did 80 Day Obsession 45 minute program
    3.Eat on plan: If by plan you mean I ate all the things for Thanksgiving, then yes I did eat on plan. And I’m NOT one bit sorry!! :D
  • davors19
    davors19 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Username:davors19
    Weigh in day: Friday

PW: 260
    CW: 260
    LTD: 40
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Options
    Hey gang! Had Thanksgiving at my brother's then came home and put a dry rub on my turkey. It was tough at my brother's, I'm having a lot of issues with my digestive system and didn't want to eat but didn't want to be rude. I'm off to bed, hope you all had a good day!
  • davidji82
    davidji82 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Hi all

Week 4
    davidji82
    Weigh In Day: Friday
    PW : 308.4
    CW : 304.8
  • adhmrh
    adhmrh Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Username: adhmrh
    **FRIDAY WEIGH IN**
    Previous weight: 245
    Current Weight: 242.8
    Loss to Date: 60.2

Total November loss: 9.4lbs!!!
    🥳🥳🥳
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,884 Member
    Options
    @TeresaW1020 It sounds like you had a nice Thanksgiving. I hope you enjoy the decorating.

@adhmrh Wow, 9.4 lbs in a month that people usually gain, fantastic! Congrats and congrats on today's wonderful weigh-in!

Hello all. I had a wonderful Thanksgiving and I'm down 2 oz instead of my usual Thanksgiving gain. I just hope I lose for tomorrow's OFFICIAL weigh-in. I'm not doing too much today, maybe some online shopping, and maybe I'll put the tree up. Have a great day!

Thursday:
    Calories: over/under: over
    Water: over/under: under
    Exercise: ----
    - track 90% of food intake - 50% accomplished
    - drink 2 (26 oz) bottles of water a day - 25% accomplished
  • adhmrh
    adhmrh Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Happy day after Thanksgiving. Hope all who were celebrating enjoyed the day. We have a wonderful. Both sons came in town Wednesday and we have a wonderful Thanksgiving late lunch/early dinner. Enjoyed dessert (only 3 bites more me) and coffee around the fire pit and wrapped up the evening playing games. I must share that am truly blessed. I have a savior who loves me unconditionally, a husband who is loves me and puts up with all my craziness, two sons who have worked hard and are doing well in careers, parents who live with us and make life fun and interesting. In addition to all of this I have an incredible group of friends as a job that I consider a calling. Thanks for letting me share all that!!

As I had my weigh in this morning, I am so excited. I love making a plan, sticking to it and see the results - good or not as good. This time it was awesome! I decided I would be extra good with food all week so I could enjoy Thanksgiving and not worry. I did just that. The result - 2.2lb loss. This journey is definitely filled with highs and lows. So let’s keep the highs at the forefront of our mind to help us through the lows.

Hope everyone has an awesome Friday. Be safe if you are heading out for Black Friday shopping (I will be in my recliner shopping 😉)
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    Check-in for Thursday 🦃
    🟢Food on plan, weighed, logged
    🟢Calories in the green
    🟢Workout (50+ min)
    🟢Breathing exercises
    🟢Martial arts forms
    🟡FitRockr Up-a-Level Challenge: 64% of the way there (not sure I will make it, but trying has certainly had me up my game!)

Friday Goals
    Food on plan, weighed, logged
    Calories in the green (so far, so good!)
    Workout (70+ min)
    🟢Breathing exercises
    🟢Martial arts forms
    FitRockr Challenge (can I get to 85% today?)

248dn7rr8e4c.png

Happy day after Thanksgiving, for those that were celebrating yesterday!

@adhmrh - Woohoo! What a great weigh-in! And what an impressive total; lost for November! You are rocking it! 🥳 And wow, it sounds like you have so much to be thankful for. That's so lovely!
    Your book looks great!

@trooworld - "I had a wonderful Thanksgiving and I'm down 2 oz instead of my usual Thanksgiving gain. " That is ten kinds of awesome! Hurray! Have a wonderful laid-back day today! :heart:

@TeresaW1020
    Not the number you wanted, I know, but it's got to be SO much better than if you were not paying attention. And I know you'll be back on it this week with your IF! And maybe your decoration work today will help burn off a few of those calories (it sounds super fun either way)! :heart:

@Katmary71 I hope you slept well and are feeling better today, digestive-wise. :heart:

@davidji82 - BOOM! What a great weigh-in! 🌟

@davors19 - Excellent work holding steady this week! 🟢🟢🟢

@leonadixon - SO glad to see you checking in! I think you are super busy these days, but know we are happy to see you.

@GabiV125 - Aww, I hope you had a lovely Thanksgiving! As you say, no overthinking and no guilt!

@Jactop - Zowie! Great weigh-in! 🥳

@Firefly743 - Please, please know that 11 days is a perfectly reasonable amount of time to figure out the calorie thing in! I just think it is brilliant that you are tracking, analyzing and trying changes after you give something a while and don't see the result you want. "It's hard to really figure out exactly what the right "recipe" is for my body." So it is, and the recipe can change over time. You are doing all the right things!
    Also, for what it's worth, I think losing a steady 10 pounds in 6 weeks is GREAT! There's often a bump when you change routines, so first start, but honestly, most people don't keep losing 3.5 to 4 pounds a week (which is what losing 22 pounds/6 weeks come out to). Weight loss is such an exercise in patience.
  • raleighgirl09
    raleighgirl09 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    raleighgirl09
    Week 3 weigh in Thursday (19Nov2020) @broncobuddee
    Previous weight:174.9
    Current weight: 178
    LTD MFP #2 57 lbs
    LTD overall 122 lbs

Week 4 weigh in Thursday (26Nov2020) @broncobuddee
    Previous weight:178
    Current weight: 179.3
    LTD MFP #2 55.7 lbs
    LTD overall 120.7 lbs

UGH. I am so sorry Slims - and @TeresaW1020 @AustinRuadhain and @Katmary71 - I am being a TERRIBLE motivator!! Not only for all of you but me.... =< Struggling to get back on track; I was about to go for my walk and remembered (for the millionth time) that I was MIA from weighing in - and posting updates! So I am off to my walk and will do some reading and updating this evening.
  • TeresaW1020
    Options

@trooworld That is great that the scale was down for you. Sending good vibes for tomorrow’s weigh-in. I love online shopping! I did some yesterday since the Black Friday sales had begun. :)

@adhmrh I love your list of blessings and share many of the same ones with you! Especially having a very awesome savior and husband. :) That is wonderful that you had such a great loss this week!! You totally proved that you can enjoy a holiday without reaping the consequences of weight gain. B)

@AustinRuadhain Yup, not the number I wanted but it sure could have been worse and has in the past. I’m back on the IF track today. ;)

@raleighgirl09 It is good to see you popping in! Do you have any answers as to why you are struggling so much right now? I know you started the new job is it causing you a lot of stress? You know that we all believe in you and I’m sure you will be back in your groove soon. <3

Hi Team! So, I did suffer a gain this week, which I’m not surprised by since I ate all the things yesterday and drank a whole bottle of wine! :o I actually took my weekly average instead of the number that was on the scale this morning. That just didn’t seem fair since on Wednesday I was at another all-time low. I am back on track, other than some leftovers today, and will get that gain off by next week for sure. I am pleased that I’m down 3.4 for the month. :) Hubby and I went up to the church and did some work. I will do the rest of the decorating tomorrow morning with several ladies who promised to show up.

NEW YEAR CHALLENGE: 35 Days until January 1st
    1.Fast Clean:I fasted 20 hours today.
    2.Workout:I did 80 Day Obsession 45 minute program
    3.Eat on plan:If by plan you mean I ate all the things for Thanksgiving, then yes I did eat on plan. And I’m NOT one bit sorry!!
  • raleighgirl09
    Options
    Cornanda wrote: »

@trooworld- your posts are really speaking to me because I feel I've been where you've been many times in the last couple years. In 2017- I did a diabetes prevention program with my health insurance- was supposed to learn portion control and more. 1 year. Zero weight loss. In 2018 I joined WW (which has worked for me in the past) and joined a crossfit exercise program. 6 months. 7 pounds weight loss. Been on here since January- 8 pounds weight loss. At this point, I'm finally seeing a tiny bit of progress. I got very inspired by @AustinRuadhain who said that she approached her weight loss as a science experiment- goals like "wait to have a candy bar" eventually added up to a huge weight loss for her. And @raleighgirl09 who says that the process involves relaxing certain behaviors and then tightening them up again over and over. Two things I know- If I'm not trying, I'm gaining- BIG. Like 10+ pounds big before I notice and put some brakes on. 2. Even if you are not losing, you may be doing better on the health scale. You may be doing better with exercise or other things that still benefit you even if you are not losing. At this point, I feel the whole process is like stacking up stones correctly- you get going so far and then some fall off and your have to fix them. I think there are times you feel like you can't do it- it will never happen no matter how hard you try. Right now, I feel like I can do it. I'm sure the day will come again when I trip up and feel like I can't. When you joined this group, you felt like you could. I know you can! Hang in there girl!

Ah - boy, does this ring more true than ever, @Cornanda!! I'm in an '...and over again' stage and not very happy with that fact! It seems I am very familiar with the losing, when I'm in that frame of mind and doing all of the things needed to accomplish that. What I am *not* familiar with is hanging out at a good weight and just - staying there. That's what I need to do and in theory, I know how to do it and yet........ =>

Working on my head game for the plan. I want to lose the 10 pounds I'm up and then 5-10 pounds to get to what I think is going to be the maintenance spot and then - maintain. With fluctuations, of course, but staying within a range. I guess even if I have to do this several times to get it right, that's what I'll do.
  • raleighgirl09
    Options

@raleighgirl09 It is good to see you popping in! Do you have any answers as to why you are struggling so much right now? I know you started the new job is it causing you a lot of stress? You know that we all believe in you and I’m sure you will be back in your groove soon. <3

Hi Team! So, I did suffer a gain this week, which I’m not surprised by since I ate all the things yesterday and drank a whole bottle of wine! :o I actually took my weekly average instead of the number that was on the scale this morning. That just didn’t seem fair since on Wednesday I was at another all-time low. I am back on track, other than some leftovers today, and will get that gain off by next week for sure. I am pleased that I’m down 3.4 for the month. :) Hubby and I went up to the church and did some work. I will do the rest of the decorating tomorrow morning with several ladies who promised to show up.

NEW YEAR CHALLENGE: 35 Days until January 1st
    1.Fast Clean:I fasted 20 hours today.
    2.Workout:I did 80 Day Obsession 45 minute program
    3.Eat on plan:If by plan you mean I ate all the things for Thanksgiving, then yes I did eat on plan. And I’m NOT one bit sorry!!

@TeresaW1020 wow, yes - the million dollar question. I can answer that I am not doing what works - checking in with my Slimpossibles accountability group on a regular basis, tracking and mostly pre-logging food and sticking to those planned choices, drinking water at about 12 cups a day and keeping my focus on losing weight. The TEN million dollar question - why am I not doing those things? Why did I get to 167 pounds on 17Sep2020 and stop doing what works? It is a habit - set a goal and work like a DOG for it, make a goal.....sliiiiiiide back like a greased pig on a stripper's pole going for the BIG TIPS. Yeah, sliding back so hard and so fast that it makes your head spin.

I ask any and all of the Slims - to challenge me. Thank you, @TeresaW1020 for asking that question. I need to find the root answer. I'm not in the place of having gained 50 pounds so - - - there's that.
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,474 Member
    Options
    Since I cannot remember if I checked in here on Tuesday or not...

Weekly Weigh-In

Day - Tuesday
    Username - bethanie0825
    PW - 224
    CW - 223.8

I hope everyone had a lovely and week and holiday in the US!
  • Firefly743
    Firefly743 Posts: 133 Member
    edited November 2020
    Options
    @TeresaW1020 @AustinRuadhain
    Thanks for the support! :) With the digging that I did the other day, yes, I definitely switched to a mindset of patience. And by no means do I expect to keep losing 3.5-4 pounds a week (nor was it actually the goal) - I had just felt like my loss had slowed down, or that I was going crazy. And I was pleased to see that I wasn't going crazy, that my losses did actually slow down.

Thanks Teresa - I'll definitely look into Jason Fung and see what he has to say, I'm intrigued. For me right now, I'm at the start of this journey, and it's going to be a long one. Counting calories helps keep me aware of what I'm actually eating - vs the mindless, careless eating I was doing before. I didn't get to 337.4 pounds because I did the right things. I did it by eating out 3 times a day, almost 7 days a week - having lots of junk food in the house - drank alcohol - and just didn't care about myself. I didn't care what the calories were, nor the fat, nor the carbs, nor the sodium - none of it. So by watching the calories and therefore everything else, I am being more mindful. I'm learning how to eat in a better way. I'm learning how to make better choices. I'm learning how to take better care of myself. So I keep trying to listen to my body - but it's also really hard to understand what it's telling me - but I'm learning to listen.

All of this can be so overwhelming - especially when you have so much to lose, and especially at the beginning. I'm thankful to have a great relationship with my doctor - I check in with him on a regular basis - and I'm very open with him on what exactly I'm doing (I make it sound like I'm doing something bad, which I'm not at all) - we make changes as necessary, we agree on a plan together.

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving! We had a very quiet but wonderful day yesterday - it was just me and my son. It was delightful! He just got home from work now, so I'm off to go chat with him for a bit. I'll be back for my weigh in tomorrow - tomorrow is in fact Saturday right? Funny how a few days off and I lose track of what day it is!

Hope you are all doing well!
  • TeresaW1020
    Options

@TeresaW1020 wow, yes - the million dollar question. I can answer that I am not doing what works - checking in with my Slimpossibles accountability group on a regular basis, tracking and mostly pre-logging food and sticking to those planned choices, drinking water at about 12 cups a day and keeping my focus on losing weight. The TEN million dollar question - why am I not doing those things? Why did I get to 167 pounds on 17Sep2020 and stop doing what works? It is a habit - set a goal and work like a DOG for it, make a goal.....sliiiiiiide back like a greased pig on a stripper's pole going for the BIG TIPS. Yeah, sliding back so hard and so fast that it makes your head spin.

I ask any and all of the Slims - to challenge me. Thank you, @TeresaW1020 for asking that question. I need to find the root answer. I'm not in the place of having gained 50 pounds so - - - there's that.

Girl, I almost spewed my coffee all over my computer screen!! What a way with words you have! :D But, yeah you are welcome for the challenge to figure out that million-dollar question as to why you slide back into habits that leave you frustrated and confused. It's like the girl that keeps going back to the bad boyfriend even though Mr. Nice Guy is standing right there ready to give her everything she ever wanted. Why oh why is that such a common and familiar story! :#

I'm very confident that if I don't stumble too much I will finally know what maintenance feels like in 2021. I also fully understand from amazing people like you that it's not going to be Nirvana. It's going to be work and lots of it. I certainly don't have the answers you need but I will be cheering you on with complete faith that you are going to figure it out. You have come so very far to fall back into the arms of the bad boy. Tear down that pole!!! :)<3
  • TeresaW1020
    Options
    Firefly743 wrote: »

Thanks Teresa - I'll definitely look into Jason Fung and see what he has to say, I'm intrigued. For me right now, I'm at the start of this journey, and it's going to be a long one. Counting calories helps keep me aware of what I'm actually eating - vs the mindless, careless eating I was doing before. I didn't get to 337.4 pounds because I did the right things. I did it by eating out 3 times a day, almost 7 days a week - having lots of junk food in the house - drank alcohol - and just didn't care about myself. I didn't care what the calories were, nor the fat, nor the carbs, nor the sodium - none of it. So by watching the calories and therefore everything else, I am being more mindful. I'm learning how to eat in a better way. I'm learning how to make better choices. I'm learning how to take better care of myself. So I keep trying to listen to my body - but it's also really hard to understand what it's telling me - but I'm learning to listen.

Please don't think that I'm suggesting you abandon calorie counting. It can be a great tool that will help you stay on track and teach you to be more mindful of what you are eating. I would also suggest you keep a journal or add notes to your daily calorie tracker to gain some insight into your emotions and how certain foods make you feel. When I did that, I finally had to come to terms that carbs aren't my friend. Although I certainly enjoyed them for the last two days! ;) Reading Dr. Jason Fung's "Obesity Code" or watching him on YouTube will give you some additional understanding of what calories are so that you can accurately use them to help you gain the mindfulness you need for success. I think you are doing great!! <3
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,884 Member
    Options
    @adhmrh I'm glad you had a good Thanksgiving. It does sound like you are blessed, how wonderful! Congrats on the fantastic loss. I also did recliner shopping lol...the best way! ;)

@AustinRuadhain Thank you, I did have a wonderful laid-back kind of day yesterday!

@TeresaW1020 Thanks. There were some really good sales, right? That's wonderful you are down 3.4 lbs for the month, well done!

Hi all! Well, I am down 0.2 lbs since last week which I will take considering it was Thanksgiving on Thursday. I am either getting a cold or my allergies are acting up...either way I'm pretty miserable with a sniffling nose and sneezing here and there.

Friday:
    Calories: over/under: over
    Water: over/under: under
    Exercise: walk
    - track 90% of food intake - not accomplished
    - drink 2 (26 oz) bottles of water a day - 25% accomplished
This discussion has been closed.