Weigh Day: Saturday
    PW: 247.6
    CW: 247.2
    LTD: 7.8

More updates to come later today.
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    @trooworld Yayyyy on your loss for this week!! What a bummer your state is shutting down! I just feel so bad for all those businesses that probably won’t survive another shutdown. :'( I hope your job continues and you will be fine! See below to see a pic of my awesome board. It was fun to make but it sure is a lot of work. I also made store-bought cheese sticks and little pigs-n-blanket. Plus, the eggnog cookies. And of course, the other people also bought food, so we had quite a spread. We won’t talk about what the scale said this morning! Have fun putting up your decorations! I’ve had mine up so long that I’m ready to take them down. :D

@adhmrh, nice loss for this week!! B)

@vegan4lyfe2012 Loved watching that video from Chariots of Fire! What a great movie. I don’t think you overdid your calories enough to beat yourself up and it's probably a good idea to not get the breadsticks next time. I always do my best when I start my day off doing what I know works for me, so I hope your day finished strong too. :)

@Katmary71 Ohhh so sorry you had to go back to the ER! I hope you are able to get the medical care you so desperately need. <3 Bummer that you are being stressed out by things you probably can’t control. I know how you love cats, so I hope everything turns out OK.

@Cornanda Thanks! It’s sure a struggle at this time of year to stay focused on my goals. See my pic below as to why! ;) Yes, and yes to needing to be aware of what we are doing and eating and why! I just revised the rest of my month so that I can enjoy myself this month and still stay on track. It’s just going to take discipline, which is a lot easier to write about than actually do. But we can do it, right!! ;)

@Raleighgirl09 Girl, if you could bottle the feeling of being at ease and in control with our eating not only would you be rich but I would be poor from paying whatever your asking price is for such knowledge. But yeah, life ain’t fair and we have to continually put in the work and fight the demons that call our name back to the dark side. :/

Good morning team! Well, my party last night was a ton of fun and this morning my scale screamed at me and my back is crying from overuse. :# Last night was great! We had a ton of food, played games, and had lots of laughs. We were all happy to see our pastor. He is doing really well considering that he looks awful with his black eye and temple in stitches and his arm in a cast. He promised to stop scaring us all but knowing him that probably isn’t a promise he can keep. :grin: For dinner today, I'm planning on eating leftovers and NOT overdoing it. Tomorrow, I’m going back on my plan which means I will fast at least 23 hours and eat only a 500 calorie meal. I’m going to still try to do that 3 days a week which will help me stay in control and still enjoy the treats that live in my house on my "up day." It’s all about balance. Right? ;)

Here is a pic of my awesome and tasty charcuterie board. :grin:

w50nufzov1hs.jpg
  • Firefly743
    Firefly743 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Firefly743
    ***Weigh In***
    PW: 287.0
    CW: 287.2
  • adhmrh
    adhmrh Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    @RYcare Congrats on your weight loss!!!

@TeresaW1020 So glad your party was great! Also glad your pastor was able to be there!!! Love the pic of your charcuterie board! It looked so wonderfully yummy!!! Way to go on your weight loss this week!!!

@TwistedSassette The podcast sounds very insightful! I need to listen to it! Great weight loss!!

@davidji82 Awesome weigh in!!

@vegan4lyfe2012 Praying for you and your upcoming surgery. Praying for the doctors and for all to go well. Hoping you have a speedy recovery.

@trooworld Great weight loss!!!! I love a house decorated for Christmas! Villages are one of my favorites!!

@Katmary71 The book is For Real This Time by Brian Sherman. It is life changing for me. I am reading it again, I don't want to miss anything. Hate you were back in the ER. I sure hope you can find something that will and get you back on a better path.

@Cornanda Awesome weigh in!!!

@raleighgirl09 I'm with you, pre-logging is one of the best things I can do. We have the same birth year - I love your new goal!! Thanks for you post, so inspirational!!

Our church was a sponsor for our community Christmas Tree lighting last night. We had a great time, the temps were in the 40's so cool but not bad cold. We love to be able to volunteer and get out and meet our neighbors. Thanks to my mom we have one of our Christmas trees decorated. My goal today is to decorate the other one and finish some online shopping.

I love the habit tracker!!! It really helps me stay on track. Plus it plays into my "competitive" side. I want all the green boxes I can get.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Saturday!!!
  • itsmegina
    itsmegina Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Login name: itsmegina
    Weigh in day: Saturday
    PW: 145.2
    CW: 143.8

Really surprised at a loss this week because I’ve been eating over for many weeks now. But- I have been crushing my workouts and fasting till noon (so about 17-18 hours). I think that may be making the difference. I am going to keep all of this up and not beat myself up over going over calories. 😀

I’m keeping up with all your posts and everyone is so inspiring to me. Glad to be on this team!

Have a great weekend everyone!
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,814 Member
    Options
    Username: Digger61
    December week 1
    Weigh in day: Saturday
    PW: 204
    CW: 204
  • raleighgirl09
    raleighgirl09 Posts: 696 Member
    edited December 2020
    Options
    raleighgirl09
    Saturday check in

Hello, my Slims! Just a brief poke of the head in the door for the day - it's been a good day, eating wise. Had a **moment** after dinner where I thought about the calories left over and ate a bit of cake that I have in the freezer but thought better of eating the whole piece and after 3 little bites, I put it away. I can't let having a few extra calories become an "accidental" over-calorie day. BEEN THERE - DONE THAT. So - a few bites for satisfaction and done.

Check in: yes
    Water: yes
    Food logged (pre-logged?): yes (yes)
    Basic calorie goal: yes
    10,000 steps: yes
  • apple852hk
    apple852hk Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    @trooworld thanks for the good reminder and encouragement to fo origami!@🥰

Hope you drunk more liquids this past week as your challenge!
    trooworld wrote: »
    @apple852hk Origami is perfect! You don't want to get chocolate all over your hard work. ;)
  • apple852hk
    apple852hk Posts: 210 Member
    Options

Weigh in Apple852hk
    Week 1 - Dec 2020 Sunday
    PW 136lbs (61.7kg)
    CW 134.4lbs (61kg)
    LTD about 45.8lbs (20.8kg)

Loss a little - same weight as was in Sept 2020 but I've been yoyoing.

Doing relatively well considering started eating mince pies this week but limit it to one a day, which is a big effort for me. Baked mince pie bites too, so trying to resist by baking than eating.

Made beetroot cake and ate a few square bites but doing well to resist.

It's the scones with cream and Belgian Buns I really couldn't resist. Plus devoured a box of Quality Street chocolate 250g.

Got new warm wellies so will aim to walk everyday in the muddy paths.

Ate beef protein and helps me feel fuller. Will eat Braised chicken and chestnut this week.

Forgot the suggestion to fold origami instead of eating chocolate. Will put paper need choc stash to help develop the habit.

GOALS:
    1. Eat more protein
    2. Drink less tea, drink herbal

Have a good week ahead🥰 everyone
  • krea4
    krea4 Posts: 1,814 Member
    Options
    I'm Kath. I live in England and I recorded my highest non-pregnant weight in July this year - 70kg (154.3lbs). Luckily I was working from home as the only trousers that were comfy were a pair of old tracksuit bottoms :D
    I've lost 4 kg (8.8lbs) but still didn't fit in any of my suit skirts or trousers. So I bit the bullet and bought new trousers in a bigger size :s.
    Physically back at work now and it is stressful so I eat high sugar foods. I'm tired so I eat high sugar foods. I'm bored so I eat high sugar foods. Cakes, biscuits, chocolate, sweets - I love 'em and don't seem to have a stop button! So for the past 3 months I have been losing and gaining the same 1kg (2.2lbs).
    I am now determined to get healthier and be able to wear my beautiful wardrobe again!
    My aim is to be at or below 61kg (~135lbs)

Krea4
    Sunday
    PW: 145.5
    CW: 143.9
    LTD: 10.4
  • RYcare
    RYcare Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone, THANKs for the replies, posts, encouragements, and most important accountability.

I have not lost a full pound in the last 2 weeks. It’s been 5 weeks since I started this journey and usually by this time this far I am done. I give up. I say it is not working. I rush to eat all the sugars in the world. But you guys are keeping me accountable, I am thinking different now, I did not gain and I have not seen the 250+ number on the scale for the last 3 weeks. This week will be a new week and I will succeed.

Thanks for keeping all this real. Thanks for posting all real stories and sharing your day to day life. I don’t miss a post and I read them twice sometimes , I check for new posts regularly.
    I had always thought it will be ideal if I get 6 months to myself where my only focus is on my healthy eating and exercise. At the beginning of the pandemic I thought yay working from home and no girls’ activities and crazy driving around “this is my chance”, but then reality hit and I find it’s still the same responsibilities but add more stress on top of the already stressful life of mine. Getting to know you more and reading your real stories, the day to day life let me finally believe that yeah I am not alone, lots of people go through and have the same life. The world is not ideal and those weight loss journey stories don’t tell much actually.

I love the replies and encouragement, the best wishes and advices. This team ROCKS.

P.S. can someone please tell me if I can save what I type in my reply box for later?
    The above is my 4th attempt to post, I start typing and do like 3 or 4 paragraphs then get distracted and when I come back it is gone. I do not close the app. though.
  • GabiV125
    GabiV125 Posts: 3,117 Member
    Options
    @krea4 - I do hear you. I started this year with the same resolution as everyone else, and January to end of July I stayed within the same 2-4lb. I oscillated between being frustrated, to being resigned.
    On August 1st I started with this group and also read extensively around in MFP and guess what, it wasn’t my age, my metabolism or bad luck, it was me sneaking in bites here and there, cleaning the plates after dinner , or while cooking etc, compounded with little, to no exercise. It was not a flattering discovery and my ego got a touch bruised, but this too was a part of the lesson.
    I did not get it, that secret super formula, but I un-stuck my scale and I am going down by 1-1.5lb per month. I no longer see the sky falling when the scale goes up, or as a description of my character, but as data collection in a very long science experiment.
    As for those steady months I decided that they are a success, I learned how to maintain and from what I hear, that is just as important as the weight loss itself.
    So I’d analyze your past , current and future body reaction to different foods and activities, play with the numbers and keep marching. Be patient and kind to yourself and accept that nothing is linear.
    You got here and you have the motivation to be here and that is a good part of the battle.
    Be patient and best of luck!
    -sorry for the long ramble I wish I had gotten one 10 years ago
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,995 Member
    Options
    @TeresaW1020 Thanks! Yes, it is a bummer about the shutdown! I know we've already lost so many beloved businesses here locally and now we will undoubtedly lose more. :( I would love to snack on your board, it looks amazing! Well done! It sounds like you had quite the spread indeed. We partially put up the decorations: I need to do more today. I'm glad your pastor is doing better. It IS all about balance!

@adhmrh Thanks! I love a decorated house, too! We've been putting up the village for about 14 years now. It was initially a surprise Christmas gift from my husband: he had me wait in the bedroom and called me out to a little Christmas Village on top of our entertainment center. It was so precious! It's definitely grown in size since that first one lol. That's great you were able to volunteer at a nice event. I hope you enjoyed your decorating and online shopping.

@raleighgirl09 Well done with the cake!

@apple852hk I hope your origami will help you. That was a good idea to put the paper near the chocolate stash. I did drink more liquids this past week, I hope to keep it up! Congrats on the loss, well done!

@krea4 Good luck on your journey. This is a great place for support! <3

@RYcare Welcome and I'm so glad you are enjoying this board, I really do, too. What I do for posts (so I don't lose a post or just so I can edit properly) is I type my responses in Notepad or Word and copy and paste it over. You could do the same thing: just type in Word and save it for later. Good luck!

Hi all. I got some decorating done but I need to do more today. Because last night was going to be hectic, we got a to-go pizza. I ate a reasonable amount but usually when I eat something heavy in carbs, my weight is up the next day. I'm thankful to report it was down by 6 oz.
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    :star:The Green Challenge :star: Percentage of people who lost weight this week. No matter how small the loss the weights are recorded in green. Remember that even if your team doesn’t rank the highest in weight loss for the week you can still be the Green Percentage winner by having the most losses in your team! So keep it up!! B)

a15320v6urlq.png
  • raleighgirl09
    raleighgirl09 Posts: 696 Member
    edited December 2020
    Options
    GabiV125 wrote: »
    @krea4 - I do hear you. I started this year with the same resolution as everyone else, and January to end of July I stayed within the same 2-4lb. I oscillated between being frustrated, to being resigned.
    On August 1st I started with this group and also read extensively around in MFP and guess what, it wasn’t my age, my metabolism or bad luck, it was me sneaking in bites here and there, cleaning the plates after dinner , or while cooking etc, compounded with little, to no exercise. It was not a flattering discovery and my ego got a touch bruised, but this too was a part of the lesson.
    I did not get it, that secret super formula, but I un-stuck my scale and I am going down by 1-1.5lb per month. I no longer see the sky falling when the scale goes up, or as a description of my character, but as data collection in a very long science experiment.
    As for those steady months I decided that they are a success, I learned how to maintain and from what I hear, that is just as important as the weight loss itself.
    So I’d analyze your past , current and future body reaction to different foods and activities, play with the numbers and keep marching. Be patient and kind to yourself and accept that nothing is linear.
    You got here and you have the motivation to be here and that is a good part of the battle.
    Be patient and best of luck!
    -sorry for the long ramble I wish I had gotten one 10 years ago

@GabiV125 this is such a great message in response to @krea4!! The lesson learned, that it isn't a 'standby' reason such as age or menopause, genetics, etc., but rather the choices made every day, is really the core to success. Taking responsibility.

I have come a very long way over the years - from 300 pounds to an all-time low as an adult of 167.1 on 18Sep2020; the entire journey began with starting from 300 about 20 years ago. I gained nearly 14 pounds from 18Sep to 01Dec; I was in a tailspin but also still trying....but that 'trying' was not very honest. Still. That dishonest trying is what kept me from saying eff it and just being face first in a plate for the rest of my life. Even though I was saying one thing and doing another, it was enough of a grip on reality that I came back to it with more honest actions that align with my goals before it was 24 pounds - or 74 pounds - gained. I'm happy about that because, based on my history...this is a win. My backslide has become a victory for today that I learned from and I need to recognize and celebrate that. The lessons are the most important part of that whole thought......the numbers are incidental. If I don't learn from the mistakes and see them as beneficial and critical to the journey, the number will never be where I want it to be.

I don't know why I have sometimes let go of strategies that work - and I don't know how I am now able to be in a headspace that will allow to be around 1240 calories a day without angst. I think that it is critical that I assess it from all angles and just remain aware and continue doing that, living it one day at a time.

It's also critical that we all share backslides with one another - as @RYcare said, that's what keeps it real and is so helpful. When I know I'm not alone, I am in a better place.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,652 Member
    Options
    @raleighgirl09 Definitely try to check in, even if you can't catch up with everyone it's great to have that consistency. Do what you can. The cats are fun, having my boyfriend's two cats added to the mix is keeping me on my toes.

@trooworld Post pictures of your decorations if you can! I only put up a little mostly because of the cats but I love seeing everyone else's decorations!
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,652 Member
    Options
    Hugs team! I'm a little behind catching up, been scrambling a bit the last couple days. I didn't want to take steroids again because I'm gaining weight but finally started it again last night. I'm still logging everything but I think the drugs are affecting my weight even though the forums here claim that doesn't happen.

Sunday check-in
    Exercise- arm cardio, arm resistant bands, stretching
    Calories- probably over, I'm making cookies for relatives with my nephews then we're decorating gingerbread houses they're getting from the church.
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,149 Member
    Options
    @Katmary71 – I am so sorry about the ER. But I simply MUST know about the cat drama, please! You have me so curious!

@Cornanda – You are so right about the importance of keeping track. I need to do a better job of it.

@raleighgirl09 – Is your grandbaby your son’s or daughter’s? It seems, according to most of my friends that are grandparents, that the baby’s mom’s family gets more time than the baby’s dad. Just curious. I am irritated for you. Just be sure to enjoy your Hazel time to the max :smile: Nice job on quitting after 3 bites of cake. That would be a difficult one for me.

@davidji82 – I hear ya! I can’t believe the price of gaming systems and games now. I grew up on Atari and thought those game prices were outrageous! I sure do miss Shark Attack…

@davors19 and @digger61 – Steady! Better than an increase, right?

@trooworld – Ha! I am haunted by full bags of Doritos!!! Please Please Please share a photo of your Christmas village! I love them! I have a few light up houses, but they are packed away. I’m not doing any decorating this year because of my shoulder.

@RYcare – Nice loss! We are all in the same river here…some in the boat and some in the water hanging onto the side of the boat for dear life. Don’t give up! I appreciate you being here and being open and honest as well. @GabiV125 sure has got it pegged for most of us.

@TeresaW1020 – Wow! That board is packed!

@Firefly743 – Hugs!

@adhmrh – Thank you so much for your prayers!

@itsmegina – Wow! You really are crushing it! You and @TeresaW1020 have me thinking I should give IF a try. Is tea allowed during the fasting time? I can skip breakfast, but I love my hot cup of black tea in the morning and don’t want to give it up.

@apple852hk – Good job on the steady loss! May I ask what your goal weight is? And your height?

@krea4 – Welcome to the team, Kath! I hear ya with the sugar issue. Nice loss for the week, though! Is there any food that you consider a treat that isn’t sugar-laden? Something you could keep close at hand that would be a wiser choice?

Well, I misbehaved with my eating on Friday and Saturday, too. My daughter wanted me to make vegan Bacon Ranch Pasta Salad before my surgery. Oh man. BAD GIRL. It was gone in 2 days. I ended up way over calories again…so that makes 3 days in a row. I have no idea how I lost weight (especially the amount) for this morning’s weigh-in…unless I really miscalculated the pasta salad. Which would be nice. We’ll find out at my next weigh in, right? If the scale goes up next week, then we know my body just didn’t process the food into fat right away. Does it even work like that? I’ve tried figuring out how long food is in the body before it turns into weight gain, but I am clueless. Anyone else know? I digress. I did some soul-searching as to why I ate so much. I think I figured it out. Stress over my son (he just left on another 7 week underway and then he deploys again soon) and stress over my surgery tomorrow – how will my work be affected and how will I deal with the household chores and, most importantly, how long before I can drive again.

This evening, my mom wanted me to pick up dinner and head over to her place to help her address Christmas cards (she has the start of dementia, so her handwriting is getting a little difficult to read). We decided on Moe’s, so I will make sure I do NOT get any of their chips! Total downfall with that…just like breadsticks hahaha! After that, we’ll take a drive around town so she can see the Christmas decorations and lights. Have a great Sunday, everyone!
This discussion has been closed.