Options

Replies

• AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,574 Member
    edited December 2020
    Options
    Check-in for Saturday
    🟢Food on plan, weighed, logged
    🟢Calories in the green70 min with my husband, and am super happy I got him to comer out with me!
    🟢Workout (50+ min) - on the plus side, 2 1/2 hours of walking! included
    🟢Breathing exercises
    🔴Martial arts forms - changed my morning routine because of family things and forgot this wasn't done
    🟡FitRockr Up-a-Level Challenge Goal - 16% - enough to keep my level for the week, but don't think I will move up

Sunday Goals
    Food on plan, weighed, logged
    Calories in the green
    🟢Workout (60+ min)
    Breathing exercises
    Martial arts forms
    FitRockr Up-a-Level Challenge Goal - 20%
    Make plans and schedule for the week! My schedule got out of hand this week.

20ctxepfu7ru.gif
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    mn89y9rgwjyg.jpg
    g6q3cqu1b14y.png
    sah0072nk36a.png
    4uodu8ga4xcx.png

PLACE TEAM PERCENTAGE
    z8kw1j2wrc80.png

PLACE TEAM LBS LOSS
    pyiw6rz30xrt.png

PLACE INDIVIDUAL PERCENTAGE
    1st @iHUSTLE4MUSCLE 6.85 %
    2nd @CurvyCalorie 2.47%
    3rd @kandi3570 2.26 %

PLACE INDIVIDUAL LBS LOSS
    1st @iHUSTLE4MUSCLE 13.0 Lbs
    2nd @CurvyCalorie 4.4 Lbs
    2nd @kandi3570 4.4 Lbs
    2nd @evangsimmons170 4.4 Lbs
    3rd @littleflutterby 4.0 Lbs

HONORABLE MENTIONS
    @Dogmom1978
    @goingape
    @leni1us
    @lennoncpa
    @izzyred9400
    @AustinRuadhain
    @MandiSaysHey
    @iradi8
    @rhilleshiem
    @bearchested

2gzmwyc377v6.png

• SammyDee2015
    SammyDee2015 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Sammydee2015
    Weekly weigh in
    PW 192.6
    CW 192

Having issues with mfp ever since I did an update earlier this week ( premium acct). Driving me nuts!
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    fkb3xsoklwl3.png

WEEK 2 CHALLENGE -- LIFE'S PLAYLIST

Click the link below to visit this week's challenge and share the music that moves you!

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10817566/week-2-challenge-lifes-playlist/p1?new=1

• gwamajtw91
    gwamajtw91 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Friday weigh in (late again....sorry!)
    PW 163.9
    CW 165.0
    Another week with more eating out than usual. Despite my efforts to pick low-cal, healthy choices and utilize take home boxes, I managed to gain the previous week's loss back. I think December is going to be very difficult to lose anything so my focus is going to be to try and get to the end of the year at my current weight instead. I'm still exercising and eating well at home so not going to beat myself up about it!
  • itsmegina
    itsmegina Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    @vegan4lyfe2012
    Regarding IF, I am not as hard core as some say you need to be - I put a splash of almond creamer in my coffee every morning. I know some people say zero calories till you break your fast but I also heard that if it’s less than 20 or so calorie it’s still ok. It’s the only way I feel I can make it through my fast because I work out fasted and I need my coffee before I do that!

Also, I used to think I could never skip breakfast, I’d get way too hungry - but I started by pushing back a small breakfast till 10 am (I get up around 6 or 6:30) and after months of doing that and realizing I wasn’t
    dying from starvation (😝) I pushed my fast back till noon and ended up with that many more calories for later in the day when I really want them.

So far, it’s been working pretty well with minimal inconvenience/ sacrifice 😀
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,912 Member
    Options
    @GabiV125 I must have missed your reply to @krea4 so I'm grateful that @raleighgirl09 replied to it. Wow, what a good post! Good advice. I'm so thankful for this group, so many wise members with the experience to give good advice!

@raleighgirl09 Congrats on turning it around. I'm sorry about the tooth, I understand the anxiety around dental visits: I used to have a horrible fear of the dentist but I found a good one that I trust and she makes it as painless as possible. My anxiety has gone down a lot but I still get it. I hope your implant goes smoothly, I've had 2 and have had no problems with them.

@Katmary71 I would love to! I am not finished yet, but below is a picture of my luminaries that I made with my Cricut. Stay tuned for more! I hope the steroids help.

@vegan4lyfe2012 Doritos are made by the devil, I am convinced. ;) I would love to share pictures of my village, I will do so when I'm done. For now, here is a picture from when the village was HUGE and took up our old apartment's entire dining room: a full-sized dining table + 2 card tables! Your pasta salad sounds amazing, I would have a hard time with that, too. Congrats on the fabulous loss! My vegan friend loves Moe's. We don't have Moe's around here but when he travels to an area that has Moe's, he is sure to eat there.

@TwistedSassette That's great you were in control for the birthday parties. Sometimes it is hard with social pressure. That's great you already know what you are making for Christmas. I need to finish Christmas shopping, too!

Hi all. I haven't tracked since Friday. I NEED to do it, I know it is key to success. I vow to track today at least one meal. I've just been lazy. Time to change that.

Here is a picture of my Christmas Village from 2011. We made the mountain in the background. Some years, this has not been the whole village, some years, the village actually extended on the right side by another card table!
    kx54e5vmpn2q.jpg

And here is a picture of the tree luminaries I made with my new Cricut machine:
    4oqqk9wlkg6w.jpg

• Jactop
    Jactop Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Username: Jactop
    Weigh In Day: Monday
    PW: 191.2
    CW: 190.7
    LTD: 33.3 lbs
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    Had to hop on really quick before heading to the hospital...OMGoodness! @trooworld your village was beautiful! Love the train going around the mountain, too! My dad had one of those train sets where it was on a very large table and he had a mountain and river for it to cross over along with cute little businesses...like a post office and bank and store. You just rekindled some wonderful memories I hadn't thought of in a long time. Thank you! And your luminaries are so pretty! The snowflake DSP looks like SU's Snowflake Splendor, which is what I used on about 60 Christmas cards this year :smile:
  • TwistedSassette
    TwistedSassette Posts: 8,624 Member
    Options
    @raleighgirl09 "Hunger is not an emergency" - I love it! Going to try to remember this one. Of course, sometimes my hunger is urgent when it's accompanied by low blood sugar (I am insulin resistant), but that's not usually at the first sign of hunger so this will definitely be relevant advice!
    Also sorry to hear about your tooth, that does sound painful. Spare a thought for my husband, he has a full mouth of dental implants (11 titanium posts in his jaw). Your procedure will be much more bearable!!

@trooworld - WOW! Your village looks so cool! I haven't ever seen luminaries before, they look really awesome! I have a Silhouette machine (my sister has a Cricut) so I'll have to look into how to make these!

@TeresaW1020 I am not sure what's on the menu yet. I am still considering lots of options! We want to do a less traditional meal and more like finger foods as we tend to be snacking throughout the day and then nobody wants to sit down for a proper meal. Thinking about making some kind of turkey & cranberry vol au vents but I haven't found a recipe that I like yet!
    I do enjoy hosting, our house is definitely the most comfortable in the family in terms of space and airconditioning! My family are really good with splitting the workload too, so I won't be left making all the food myself.

@Jactop Great loss this week!

@anido1 Try not to be too upset with yourself. Seems like you know what you need to do to get back on track, now it's just a matter of doing it. We all have those time where we slip backwards, it's what we do afterwards that matters. You got this!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Quick update from me - decent day yesterday despite having both a caramel tart AND a custard tart that a coworker brought in to work. I still had a good deficit and did some walking. Ordered some Christmas gifts which should arrive in time (I hope!).
    Hubby got the call from his Mum yesterday afternoon that they needed him to be there this morning to help with finishing off their harvest - nothing like last minute! It's a 200-mile trip so he left early this morning and my Mum dropped everything at her own farm to come last night to look after our son while hubby is away and I'm at work. He will be back Thursday evening in time for our son's 2nd birthday on Friday (NON NEGOTIABLE!!) so it will all work out.

100 DAY CHALLENGE GOALS
    Day 76: Monday 7 December
    1. Log calories eaten: Yes - 51/76
    2. 20 mins exercise: No - 42/76
    3. Record a calorie deficit: Yes - 39/76
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    Hello.

I seem to be stuck in "what the hell" mode this week. I usually allow myself a few treats after weigh in, but this week it has spiraled into no tracking and more than than I know is good for me x 4 days. I forced myself to track tonight and it wasn't as bad as I expected. I've kept up with my exercise. I'm mad at myself, but will put it aside and move forward. I have to figure out why I am doing this. I'm not going to take the attitude that it's the holidays so I can stop paying attention for the rest of the month.

@vegan4lyfe2012 - hope the surgery went well.

@trooworld - wow- love the village. Especially love the luminaries- nice work!
  • SammyDee2015
    SammyDee2015 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Daily check in ✅
    Trying out the December Habit tracker in an attempt to stay focused on the big things this month:
    NO midnight snack attack ❌
    100oz water ❌(56)
    10K steps ✅
  • RYcare
    RYcare Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone,

This week I am trying not to step on the scale and see my weight. Although my weigh day is Saturday, I can’t but do it every day. I tried all tricks; to remove the scale from the bathroom I end up going where it is. Hide it in a hard place to get to, I still get the steps and go up. I even asked my husband to hide it, poor guy I throw a fit to get it back. 🙈

@TwistedSassette Thank you...I reminded myself this morning slow and steady. Happy birthday to your son.

@adhmrh Thanks. I hope I do better this week. Decorating trees is so much fun with family.

@TeresaW1020 I throw candy away. When at home it is just so tempting to eat one and say “it’s only one”, but it’s also “all sugar”. I used to hide the candy and sweets from my girls and end up munching on them secretly. But now when I come near one I tell myself why am I doing this? Who am I cheating? I know very well it is not good for anyone to put this in their body and I am not even letting my girls have it, so I will not.

@raleighgirl09 The “oh yeah” and “oh well” moments are so true. I go through the same thing. And you are right simple things do make a difference if one changes the way of thinking and reacting.
  • GretchenReine
    GretchenReine Posts: 1,427 Member
    Options
    Good morning. Things have been so crazy here. My knee is finally improving and I'm going to attempt to walk on the treadmill this afternoon. It's an excuse to see my son no matter how long my workout lasts. It'll probably be a very slow walk because I don't want to irritate it again. I have court tomorrow (for my ex) so I need to get some endorphins going...hopefully it'll help.

Today's goals are at least 5,000 steps...preferably 7,500; and a gallon of water. Tomorrow is my weigh-in day and without the ability to workout I'm not expecting anything positive at all. Plan for the worst and hope for the best!!!

I hope everyone has a great day!!!
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,912 Member
    Options
    @TeresaW1020 Thank you! I'll post this year's when we are done with it. I'm sorry your weight is up, time to drink drink drink water!

@vegan4lyfe2012 Thank you! Your dad's setup sounds amazing. I would have loved to have seen that. What is DSP and SU? Good luck on your surgery, I hope it goes well and you recover quickly!

@TwistedSassette Thank you! They are super simple. I learned them on JenniferMaker.com: https://jennifermaker.com/christmas-luminaries/ That stinks your husband had to travel all that way. I'm sure it will work out!

@Cornanda I'm right there with you! :( Thank you so much.

@raleighgirl09 Congrats again on the job. Paying attention to the small things is a great idea. I need to practice.

Hello all. Still no tracking. :( I had a migraine yesterday, that is what I am using as an EXCUSE. I'll try again today.
This discussion has been closed.