Weigh in week:  Week 3
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Previous Weight:192.4
    Todays Weight: 192.2 :)
    Loss To Date: 72.3
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    @trooworld Thanks for your feedback! I agree with everything you said. But that isn’t a big surprise! :grin: It’s time for you to regain your focus and make this coming week one where you are in control. I believe in you! <3

@TwistedSassette Thank you for your feedback! I agree with you on the challenges and I’m thinking about us doing something like the 100-day countdown again in January. It does help us to stay focused on our goals. And thank you so much for being such a great member of our group. It’s been such a pleasure to get to you! <3

@GretchenReine Girl, you aren’t going anywhere!! You belong in this team and we are happy to have you here and plan to support and cheer you on in 2021 as you work to reach your goals. Good for you for getting in your gallon of water a day, even though you hate it. Have you tried seltzer water? Some people don’t like it, but I am totally addicted to it. I buy it in the cans at Aldis or Kroger. I love the fizz and nice flavors that aren’t too strong. :)

@adhmrh Wahhhoooo what a great week you had!! Care to share what worked so well for you this week? :)

Good morning team! Well, my body finally decided to stop holding on to the weight I gained, and this morning I’m at another all-time low. I’m also 2.7 lbs away from hitting my 75 lb. loss to date. I’m hoping to do it by the New Year, but I’m also not going to put that kind of pressure on myself. I know that it will happen when it does. :)

Let’s have a great weekend!!

x17b2d2bizz9.jpg

• vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    I just had to pop on here real quick to share this link. It is hilarious! It's called "If every famous diet idea was honest":

https://youtu.be/llwwKkuy5gI
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    Cornanda
    Friday weigh in
    12/18
    PW: 183.4
    CW: 181.6

LTD: 9.4
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday! I spent most of yesterday feeling angry. I worked hard all week, my weight bumped up and I was anticipating no loss today. I'm glad it turned out a loss because I had planned some sabotage. My Christmas "what the hell" period would have started today. How would that help me reach my goals? Why is that what I feel I need to do sometimes?

Progress is such an important part of the process- it helps you keep going. Since it took me this long to bump down again after Thanksgiving, I'm now thinking about what I can to help myself for the upcoming days of treats.

Enjoy the weekend!
  • TeresaW1020
    Options
    @vegan4lyfe2012 Ohhh my goodness that video was funny!! :grin: It was also painful because it’s so true with the diet and food industry. We have allowed them to control our lives. I made the mistake yesterday of signing up for what I thought was a recipe site on Facebook and instead I gotten hammered by some woman wanting me to buy her “Keto” products. I told her that I wasn’t interested and that I was sticking to just eating real food. She basically told me that I would fail. I blocked her. :p

@Cornanda Yayyy on your weight loss this week!! Girl, yesterday I was in the same boat as you. My weight was up 2 lbs. and I pretty much threw in the towel and made a chicken salad and ate it on bread. I gave up bread! Then this morning I’m down 2 lbs. What the heck!! So, it looks like both our losses shook some sense into us. We can’t go off the rails just because the scale isn’t being our friend. We have to strive every day to do stick to what we need to do even if it looks like nothing good is happening. Let’s have a Merry Christmas!! <3

Today was a good day! My workout was a 40-minute Barre Blend lean leg day. I fasted 22 hours and I ate on plan. I also gave up all cream in my coffee and am going black even in my eating window. The thing is that I like my coffee black, so why not just drink it that way all the time? For the rest of the month, my main focus is on doing the things I can do. I plan to fully enjoy my Christmas and all that goes with it. But it’s not Christmas every day this month so why should I act like it is? ;)
  • raleighgirl09
    raleighgirl09 Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    raleighgirl09
    Friday check in! B)

Well, 2 up for goals today!! I didn't log yesterday - I made a great chicken soup for dinner, always low cal, so I think calories were not horrible but you don't know unless you log. I might go back to log yesterday, but I am feeling lazy so it's not assured. I got more than 10,000 steps yesterday in 2 walks but only one walk in today so I won't get 10,000 steps. I just might squeak in all the water, though, I'm working on it. But right now is when I'm doing the check in so I'm reporting what is current (to the minute!!)!!

Next Wednesday I get this tooth outta my head (quitter tooth, traitor!!!) and I'll have some serious soft food eating for a bit. I'm making plans for that now considering that it will impact Christmas. No matter - I need it gone.

A full work week under my belt.....zowie, been MONTHS since I had to work a 40 hour week. But just when I was in a bit of despair about that, the Magical Money Fairy put money in my bank account last night!!!! IT'S TRUE. Money just appeared and it was nothing short of miraculous!!!! Ok, so if money is going to just appear out of nowhere, I guess I'll work without complaints!! => Oh, the joy of a payday!

I have a very benign turkey tenderloin dinner in the oven with veggies and after dinner, we're taking our wild side into the car to go see Christmas lights!!!! We're like - ANIMALS, we're such crazy kids!

Check in: yes
    Water: not yet
    Food logged (pre-logged?): yes (no)
    Basic calorie goal: no
    10,000 steps: no

@TeresaW1020 I love the group as is, personally. I'm not one for the challenges but that's just me... => Although we don't seem to run out of topics, I think it would be interesting to have topics posted. I think anyone could do that - ask questions or prompt advice from others.

YAY @TeresaW1020 @ davidji82 @Cornanda and @adhmrh on great weigh ins!! Tough time of year and you guys are doing well, that's cause for celebration, consider yourselves fist bumped!!! :D

@vegan4lyfe2012 going to watch that video, some good cheer and giggle sound like just the plan!
  • raleighgirl09
    raleighgirl09 Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    For the rest of the month, my main focus is on doing the things I can do. I plan to fully enjoy my Christmas and all that goes with it. But it’s not Christmas every day this month so why should I act like it is? ;)

@TeresaW1020 - Pure. Genius.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,584 Member
    Options
    @GretchenReine You got this girlfriend!

@TeresaW1020 Yay, glad to hear your body is letting go a bit in a good way!

@vegan4lyfe2012 I loved that!

@Cornanda glad you got it together! I'm doing that right now, it's only a week until Christmas so who cares! Unfortunately my only pair of jeans so I can't be as crazy as I wanted to be nor can I ignore it until the 1st!

@Glad you're back at work!

Friday check-in
    Exercise- arm cardio, resistant bands, stretching
    Calories- over

I went to Trader Joe's and got too much junk, I was wrapping stocking stuffers and there was leftover candy so I ate it (it was really good too!). My only jeans are ready to burst, I was hoping to get to after Christmas but it's not looking good! Things have been stressful at home, I told you guys my boyfriend isn't working because of COVID (supposedly back in Jan) then my health and money being extra tight with Christmas are causing a lot of anxiety. My therapist quit without notice after having my last appointment canceled due to medical emergency so I'm concerned about her plus I was really looking forward to venting! One thing I can say for sure is I'm very blessed to have all of you, good friends, my cats, my boyfriend (I think). and family at this crazy time.
  • davors19
    davors19 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Username:davors19
    Weigh in day: Friday

PW: 261
    CW: 261
    LTD: 39
  • RYcare
    RYcare Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Weigh in day: Saturday
    User name: RYcare
    PW: 246
    CW: 244
    LTD: 11 lb

I am so happy with my 2lb down, getting closer to pre-COVID weight. I am hoping to get to 240 by the end of the year. I am more energetic and since I have been trying to eat more clean whole food, I don’t look for sweets or junk anymore.

This team, the support and sharing stories which I do not miss reading any; has been a great help for me. There has not been a time in my whole adult life while struggling to lose weight that I stayed this focus and determined. This is the longest time since forever I don’t give up. And it is all because of how different and great this team is. I wish I knew about it before. I want to continue with you guys every month.

My plans for Christmas is all over the place. Well, with COVID and having lots of high risk loved ones around it is really hard to plan for anything. It might not be bad by the end of the day because less people and visits means also more control on what is being put on the table and this will help with my year end goal.
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,915 Member
    Options
    @Katmary71 I'm sorry about the pain and the stress, I hope both alleviate soon. <3

@TeresaW1020 Yes, I am going to refocus this week. I'm in to win! :) That's terrible about the Facebook recipe site. :( How's your back been?

@vegan4lyfe2012 HAHAHA!

@Cornanda Congrats on the loss, I'm glad it turned out that you didn't do self-sabotage.

Hello all. Well, the menu for Christmas day has been decided and it's in my favor: it's not the smorgasbord of holiday food like Thanksgiving was. Instead, my husband is making lasagna with homemade noodles, I'm making 48-Hour Chocolate Chip Cookies, and my sister-in-law is handling the salad and garlic bread. There is much less danger in this meal than at Thanksgiving.
  • adhmrh
    adhmrh Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    @TeresaW1020 Thanks. I did follow "my" plan last week fully. I think that helped with my loss. But I know my body and I seem to lose better every third week or so. Strange, but I will take it. Loved your take on Christmas and eating. So true!! Your IF never ceases to amaze me. I love how supportive this team is. I don't really participate in the overall challenges. If we focused on one thing each week maybe and had a challenge built around that, maybe exercise, food tracking, etc. I also love the topics idea. I definitely want to continue in this group. I know I seem hit or miss with my posting, but it is encouraging to read all the post and to know this group is here for us all!!!

@trooworld Love your Christmas menu. Sounds perfect!

@RYcare Loved your post! I'm with you, this group is so helpful and so encouraging. Way to go on your perseverance. Boy is it paying off. Super weigh in!!!

@Katmary71 Love Trader Joes. The closest one we have is about an hour away. When I go I really stock up!! Hate to hear that about your therapist. Love to see how you count your blessings!!!

@raleighgirl09 Hope things go smoothly with your tooth pull. You are right about it having an effect on food for Christmas. I had one pulled in October and the bright side was I had a great weight loss that week! :D Paychecks certainly have a way of giving our work perspective. lol

@vegan4lyfe2012 the picture to the link is great, I will have to check it out.

@GretchenReine I love your for the rest of this year and into next year. We all struggle to beat down those demons. Just keep remembering you can do this!!! Tracking my food is the single best thing I do. I try really hard to prelog the night before or first thing in the morning. I think this has helped me more than anything. I too am so thankful for this group!! Your weigh in on Wednesday was flat out awesome!!! Way to go!!

@TwistedSassette Great job surviving the tea!! Flexibility is the name of the game. If we completely deprive ourselves we won't be able to stay on the path. This is a life journey. I plan to eat sweets now and then for the rest of my life. lol So it is a matter of portion control and planning for me. Getting my exercise in is my biggest struggle!! Love seeing the pictures you post!!!

Awesome weigh-ins @Firefly743 @Cornanda @davidji82!!!!

What a rollercoaster ride yesterday was. Started with a wonderful weigh in, I was so excited to lose 3.6 this week. Felt I had really stayed on track and was doing great. Then I got a dreaded phone call - a friend from church that I has visited with Sunday morning and played pickleball with Monday night had felt bad on Tuesday and been tested for COVID. Her results came back positive. So that meant hubby and I had both been exposed on Sunday/Monday. At that point multiple things are running through my mind - my parents live with us (they are 80 & 81), I'm on staff at church and in contact with lots of folks, had been in multiple meetings this past week with pastors and others. So hubby and I headed out to be tested. He did the regular test and did both regular and rapid. My rapid was negative (others we won't get back till middle of week). Based on state regs we have to quarantine. That is tough when 4 people live in a home together. Needless to say this was really stressful - and what happen when we are really stressed, we revert to old ways. I ate way to many sweets and salt. Felt terrible physically and emotionally by the end of the night.

But, I woke up today with this on my mind - IT IS A BRAVE NEW DAY, and I am in control of how I handle my emotions. I will not revert back to the old me. I am better than that, I can handle this. Plus it could be so much worse. I am truly blessed and need to remember that and act like it. Today I will fast longer than normal and eat a little fruit and an early dinner!

Thank you for being a place I can come and pour out my thoughts and not be judged. When I count my blessings you all are one of my biggest! Hope your Saturday is as amazing as you all are!
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,791 Member
    Options
    Username:Digger61
    Weigh in week: Week 3
    Weigh in day: Saturday
    Previous Weight: 204
    Todays Weight: 204
  • TeresaW1020
    Options
    @raleighgirl09 Yayyy on the magical money fairy bringing you a paycheck!! Those are fun! Wow!! Christmas light viewing. My hubby and I thought about doing something that crazy but we just don’t know if we could handle the excitement. :grin:

@Katmary71 I have to stay out of Trader Joes at this time of year. They are just too tempting. Although you did just remind me that I might have to brave it for their Dijon Bluecheese mustard that only comes out at this time of year. That stuff is sooooo good!! Bummer about your therapist just up and quit on you. :/ Will you try to find another one? Until you do, please vent away here. <3

@RYcare Yayy for a great weigh-in!! I am so very happy that you are getting out of this team what I hope everyone will get. Losing weight is such a battle and doing it alone can be an uphill struggle that many of us just can’t do alone. We need each other! <3

@trooworld, Knock on wood…my back has been doing really great this week. I’m trying to stay mindful and not do anything to cause it to start hurting. Mmmm your Christmas dinner sounds wonderful!! Tell me about these 48-hour chocolate chip cookies. Wait!! Maybe I don’t want to know! :D

@Firefly743 Nice weight in this week!! Keep up the good work! B)

@adhmrh I’m so happy that you love this group and we love having you here! Congrats on your awesome weigh-in!! Yikes, so glad that your COVID test was negative. My worship pastor just got a positive test, but unfortunately, I haven’t been near him in almost two weeks. I understand your stress and turning to the comfort that we so often feel is in food. But you know it’s not there and will only leave you angry and feeling awful. Yayyy for waking up with a new mindset and taking back your control. :)

Hello everyone! Today has been really relaxing. Yesterday, I did a ton of church work on the computer, and today I was going to clean the house, but instead, I decided to straighten things up a bit and then spent the day working a puzzle and listening to my favorite podcast, Low Carb MD. I did have a great workout this morning and lifted more weights than I have in a while. I’m not sore yet but I might be by morning. For dinner, I made a Keto shepherd’s pie. It was so good and I am seriously in love with mashed cauliflower. I think I could happily eat it every day. :grin:

:star: I am so happy that many of you expressed how happy you are with this team the way it is. I am too!! I love how we all take so much time to talk to each other. I love learning about your lives and sharing mine. I do like the idea of the occasional question being posted for discussion and I really encourage you all to feel free and jump in with one at any time. As for challenges, if we do them it will be something easy and something we can easily adapt to our eating plan. EXCEPT for the fact that once a month I have to do a whole group challenge on the main page and when those happen I expect my team to rock the challenge. Deal?? :grin:
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,584 Member
    Options
    @RYcare way to go, no giving up this time!

@trooworld I want to come for dinner!

@adhmrh Oh no, I'm sorry you have to quarantine right now, I hope you're ok! That's a lot of people in one house! Honestly, I thought my boyfriend and I were going to hang out and have fun back in April, even if he was a saint it's pretty annoying being around someone all the time, especially after living alone for 15 years! A show I was watching suggested exercise for stress relief, singing to music and being alone for a bit keeps me sane. And baths!

@TeresaW1020 That shepard's pie sounds amazing! I'm another member who thinks our team is awesome. There's always room for improvement, I'd love to hear how others feel too. I do think we should talk about ending the year with a bang though!

@digger61 @itsmegina great to see you two!

Sat check-in
    Exercise- arm cardio, core, stretching
    Calories- probably over
This discussion has been closed.