Slower Weight loss at 50?

Options

Replies

• parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 20,527 Member
    Options
    Howdy all y'all. It's terrific Tuesday!

It is cold, but not freezing, with fog, and will be warm this afternoon under partly sunny skies.

I am building a list and may order one, last grocery delivery for this year. I will ponder that, as I would really rather wait until the new year, when I get paid. On the other hand, if something gets down near critical level, I will go ahead with it. We will see.

Today, day 5, in the sparkling wine countdown calendar presents sparkling rosé, which looks familiar. It should be tasty. It's hard to believe this year is almost over.

hmoy14cvj6el.png
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,056 Member
    Options
    Good morning;
    Ed-Enjoy your wine and chili.
    Vix-I have been thinking about making chicken soup. It is good weather for soup.
    I haven't even thought about what to have for New Years, maybe Chinese food.
    We just invested in a video doorbell. It will show up on our phones when someone comes to our door.
    Hi Jan and Irene.
    Have a great day! :)
  • eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,116 Member
    Options
    Good morning.
    Ed, yum...hot sauce, the chili looks good. ;) Probably nice with a sparkling rose.
    Jo, I've been making a lot of soup...it's great this time of year. I'll be making butternut squash soup today. The chicken soup was really good. I put nice big chunks of chicken in it.
    Chinese food is always fun for New Years. I'm not sure what we're making yet.
    My daughter has a video doorbell. They like it. We don't get much porch traffic...and I have sidelights on my front door, so I can see who's there.
    Hi Jan and Irene.
    It's currently 34 and mostly sunny here with a high of 37 expected today. I think I'll check if my friend is home, her birthday is 12/31 and I'd like to deliver her present, and I need to take my car for a drive.
    I got out in the sunshine for a while yesterday, it was nice and not too cold.
    Have a good day, everyone.
  • Buttons61
    Buttons61 Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    Hello!!

Sounds like a wonderful Christmas in spite of weather and distancing. My weather is pretty much like Ed's but no icy roadways for the most part, except N. Bama country. Cool today, and tired of below freezing temps at nite. I would make a lousy Northerner again! :)

Ed, all your food just looked delicious! I will miss seeing your pairings! Loved your kitty in a box tree, and glad Lilo is doing well!! Vix, you are so right-- Thank you Jo <3 and all our grocery workers who do such a great job. We would really be lost without you all!! Irene, It is amazing you keep up with Sammie!! I am always behind with May May, I am so slow. And she flops down a lot to be pet. And kind of blocks my path so she can flop down to be pet! Vix, loved the colorful additions to the posts!!

We were able to go to my son's house and meet, and my daughter drove me there. That was really nice. And we were all well in spite of cold and sinus season! It was so good to see the Grandkids. They just grow so much between visits that are spaced apart. I am just amazed. We had a wonderful pot roast, potatoes, onions and carrots. I cannot think the last time I had a roast at today's prices, lol...He actually split it in half and cooked half in the crockpot with all the veggies and oven roasted the other half and sliced it. It was like prime rib, it was so good!! He also made a pear cobbler with sugar and cinnamon that was to die for. We all decided that might become our noon Christmas Eve tradition, food-wise. We opened presents among us. The kids wait for their Christmas at morning. We are home by dark and everyone has some evening time for themselves. Christmas is at our own house, and we are all happy to recover from the day before! I had a real traditional dinner for myself. Spareribs, sauerkraut, and potatoes. Our family always puts a little brown sugar and apples in it. Just what I had a taste for, lol...

Believe it or not, I have some chicken soup cooking and I think I will make dumplings. I am so glad everyone is safe!! Enjoy the holidays and hopefully we will have a better 2021 as the year progresses. Stay safe and enjoy, and I sure feel thankful so far!!. :)
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Tonight we opened the other bottle of hot sauce in our quarterly delivery. This one is more Mexican in style, and also very hot. I went well with our taco Tuesday dinner that, while Mexican style, was not tacos.

gkvhd1lbzzwp.png

• eku0
    Options
    Good morning.
    Ed, sounds like you are enjoying your hot sauces. I've gotten to where I enjoy just a touch of hot. (I used to like things a lot hotter!)
    Jan, glad you had a wonderful holiday. The roast and pear cobbler sound delicious. It is so great to be able to see family.
    I made some butternut squash soup yesterday. Didn't get to drop off the present to my friend...she wasn't home, on her way home from NC. So maybe I can do that today. Also need to pick up a book from the library.
    It's currently 28 and partly cloudy, with increasing cloudiness today and an expected high of 44.
    2020 is on it's way out! Ready to say goodbye to this year. Have a good day, everyone.
  • parityanimal
    edited December 2020
    Options
    Howdy all y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday!

One year ago this evening, the hospital discharged me and I came home with my prescription for colchicine to finish off the pericarditis, and with the knowledge that my heart itself was in great condition.

It's another pretty warm day today. We are expecting our HVAC winter maintenance call this morning, sometime between now and noon.

Yesterday I did set out my ham bone and smoked hog jowl to thaw in the refrigerator for the new year food.

December 30 is National Bacon Day. Enjoy some bacon!

Here is the day 6 presentation in the sparkling wine countdown calendar.

i1820rwi7fzn.png
  • parityanimal
    Options
    ek2imqob7ubf.png
  • IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,114 Member
    Options
    good morning, Well Jan it sounds like you had a really nice holiday. George and i just stayed home no plans for new years take care
  • parityanimal
    edited December 2020
    Options
    Howdy all y'all. It's thrilling Thursday! And it's New Year's Eve.

It's a little foggy now, but will resolve to just warm and overcast, with increasing rain chance as the day progresses. I haven't placed a grocery delivery order as yet, but may still do that this morning if a decent delivery window is available, or I may yet wait and make it the first delivery order of the new year.

Later I need to get the food started in the crock pots. I think I will have New Year's food on the eve and on the day, to be sure I am covered by whatever magic there is. I am not sure it worked for 2020 though.

Assuming I actually drink my little wine bottle for the day, and I think I will, not to mention a bit more sparkling wine at midnight, I will have consumed wine every day in December, 2020. I am not sure if that makes me a wino or what!

The seventh, and final bottle of sparkling wine in the countdown calendar is

xlvau52kj979.png
  • parityanimal
    Options
    New year food is started. I am having it today and tomorrow just to be sure.

mgg21bxzm9cf.png

4j0bfamjmazd.png

• eku0
    Options
    Good morning!
    acmm58hv5jbk.png
    Ed, I have 2 splits of Champagne for tonight. One is Freixenet Cordon Negro Brut Cava, the other Rondel Brut Cava (never heard of either of them...but I love bubbly brut). We also have a bottle of Korbel California Champagne Chardonay for backup, but I doubt we'll get to it.
    We rarely have beef, so we're making a small roast tonight to celebrate, along with baked potatoes, and asparagus.
    Tomorrow morning we are going to celebrate with gluten free apple pancakes!
    I am happy to see the end of 2020 and wishing everyone a better new year!
  • parityanimal
    Options
    I drank the brut Cava with lunch, solidifying my wino status. LOL.

In lieu of Champaign I will be serving these small bottles of Prosecco tonight to usher in the new year.

ylai0u84plps.png
  • eku0
    Options
    Haha....I lived in California for 5 years....would have been easy and inexpensive to be a wino there then. :smiley:
  • parityanimal
    Options
    You can see a bit of the cornbread peeking out in the lower right.

5hmza2u7ltd7.png
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy all y'all. It's fabulous Friday! Happy New Year! Goodbye 2020 and mostly good riddance!

Breakfast this morning (and lunch later will be the same) looks a lot like supper last night. Just a slightly smaller portion.

It feels weird to not be pulling a small bottle of wine from a calendar this morning. Still a few days on my 12 days calendar of chocolate truffles though.

Nothing really on the agenda today. I was up late last night to usher in the new year.

————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)
  • IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,114 Member
    Options
    happy new year
  • eku0
    Options
    Good morning!
    lagtbq55ipuu.png
    Ed. looks good. Prosecco is nice. We had the 2 splits of champagne with dinner. :)
    Got up too late to make the apple pancakes for breakfast, may have that for dinner tonight.
    Glad to see the last of 2020!
    It's totally overcast this a.m., 32 with a high of 37 expected and most likely rain later. I put on some warm, comfy clothes, and will relax and enjoy the day.
    Wishing everyone a wonderful new year. Always nice to have some hope for a better future.
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,056 Member
    Options
    Happy New year!
    I wasn't able to stay awake to usher in the new year. I had to get up early for work this morning. Today is the day the new ads break and I had to put up the new price tags and signs.
    Four hours at double time, not bad and was home by 8am.
    We had roast lamb for dinner last night with mashed potatoes and butternut squash.
    Today we are having leftover Chinese food.
    Have a happy and healthy new year! :)
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Joanne3366 wrote: »
    Happy New year!
    I wasn't able to stay awake to usher in the new year. I had to get up early for work this morning. Today is the day the new ads break and I had to put up the new price tags and signs.
    Four hours at double time, not bad and was home by 8am.
    We had roast lamb for dinner last night with mashed potatoes and butternut squash.
    Today we are having leftover Chinese food.
    Have a happy and healthy new year! :)

Yum! I don't recall having lamb at all until I was in, I think, my mid to late twenties or even early thirties, long after I had moved to Memphis.

Then I happened to see some, not very meaty, frozen leg of lamb, from New Zealand, at Sam's Club, that was on clearance and bought a couple to play with. Eduardo opened a few cookbooks for ideas, and my roommate and I enjoyed what was, to us, a somewhat exotic treat.

Lamb wasn't really a big thing in Western Kentucky where I grew up, though we did occasionally get a mutton (adult sheep) shoulder when the price was right. There is a barbecue place in Paducah that has been there, it seems like, forever, that will charge a fee to smoke pretty much whatever large chunk of meat you need.

Most of us didn't have a home oven or barbecue large enough to cook a whole ham, or large mutton shoulder, so that was the go-to place when you needed something big smoked. Mutton was not uncommon at large picnics with a lot of people. I recall it having a bit of a strong taste, but also being very filling, so one shoulder could definitely feed a crowd.

Oddly, after growing up and getting into my adult life, I don't think I have ever seen another mutton shoulder. I have seen the other kind of mutton (goat) on some menus, particularly at Indian restaurants, and enjoy that occasionally. But the only form of sheep I see is lamb.

And I have definitely developed an affection for lamb, and I don't mean in the way that Little Bo Peep did. LOL. But it is not something, even now, that I buy terribly often, and only when I can find it in the clearance bin, marked down to a more affordable price.

————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)