WaistAways - December 2020 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,093 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone! I am really excited to join this awesome group! Wishing everyone a safe and healthy New Year. I am brand new to this group and actually this is my second post ever on MFP. Bring on 2021!

Thank you for joining us, and for your New Year wishes. We will all help you out! Post absolutely any question, and you can bet that someone will have an answer. Please tell us a bit about yourself too - we love to know peoples' real names (if you're willing to share - just fine if not!) and where you live, etc. You can save the full long intro for when we open our January chat, though - probably tomorrow. If I get it done :grimace:
  • Evallusion
    Evallusion Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Hey there everybody! So excited to be a part of the group! Happy New Year!
  • MandiSaysHey
    MandiSaysHey Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone! I am really excited to join this awesome group! Wishing everyone a safe and healthy New Year. I am brand new to this group and actually this is my second post ever on MFP. Bring on 2021!

Welcome! You will love it here!

• MandiSaysHey
    Options
    @micki48 I love the bag, what a cute idea!!
  • MandiSaysHey
    Options
    Steps Thursday 20,724

Another busy day at work.

We had pizza for dinner which I wasnt initially going to track and then when I realized how many steps I had, I tracked and still have room to sneak another slice or 2 later!

My son is finishing up a game on xbox and then we'll watch a movie. He wants to watch The Lorax. I don't. He will likely win. Lol.
  • conleywoods
    conleywoods Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    PW: 221.8
    CW: 219.0
  • conleywoods
    conleywoods Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    Good bye 2020 and Happy new year to everyone!

@jugar love your sweet story about your first New years with your now husband!

@yinxfed Look how cute you look and sounds like a fun night!

@Terytha glad you are rounding the corner on the migraine. Looks like an awesome spread tonight! Are those cheddar bay biscuits like at red lobster?

@MandiSaysHey I'm with you on the Lorax, ha!

@micki48 I hope you gave that bag a swift kick in it's you know what🤣🤣🤣

Well, we go tons of snow but it was gross sloppy snow that started melting and is really not nice to play in. No snowshoeing...yet. We made Chinese food and the kids stayed up a little later and we made cookies. Hubby and I took a long soak in the hot tub 😌 Now we're in bed and it isn't going to be midnight for awhile. I will see 2021 in the morning! With coffee, lots of coffee ☕☕☕☕☕☕😄
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    @conleywoods Good eye, they are literally Red Lobster biscuits, we found the mix at Costco. They are so so good.

We spent the night drinking and watching the Kohaku Uta Gassen (red vs white song battle) on NHK. Its honestly really fun to watch Japanese song competitions and game shows. It prompts a lot of discussion about wtf is going on since we don't understand but its so wild. Also I get new music.

Only a tiny bit of fangirling over Yoshiki. He's just so pretty. Supernaturally pretty.
  • Pearl4686
    Pearl4686 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    Friday weigh-in
    PW 86.9
    CW 87.9
    No surprises. Just got to get out of this rut. Which I know, for me, can take weeks/months :#
    Sorry I am not very active on here, wish I could say I'll try harder but being realistic, it's unlikely to happen. I'm reading your posts though and finding them motivating/inspirational so thank you!
    Happy new year everybody <3
  • sarkrisd
    sarkrisd Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Happy New Year everyone! Trying to post before my 2 year old takes over the computer. I set up my goals on the goals sheet. The hardest one will be to have only one pop a day. What is everyone elses hardest goal?
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,093 Member
    Options
    Here we are in 2021! May everyone's first weigh-in of 2021 be their highest for the year.

Welcome to our newcomers - it is always fun to start off January with new faces, and we hope it will work for you and that you'll be with us for a long time to come.

@sarkrisd - great question. My hardest goal for this month will be to do all 30 days of a kettlebell challenge. It is not a terribly difficult one, but the consistency in strength work has been seriously lacking in 2020. In general, my hardest thing is accurate tracking, though. I have been at this for a long time, maintaining for 8 years, but every time my tracking gets sloppy, it is a sign that I am going off the track and the weight starts creeping up. So this month will be a return to good logging so that I can get back to the bottom of my maintenance "safe" range. I know we can all relate to logging fatigue, but dang, it works.

We are certainly seeing a trend, though. Look at those lovely green numbers! The energy is building... Well done, @happimess01 @conleywoods @Kali225 @MandiSaysHey @AshenMoon
    Follow their lead!!

Note for new people: "green numbers" represent weight losses. On the spreadsheet, every week when you weigh in, the calculation is made as to how much you lost, gained, or stayed the same. Green is loss, red is gain, and black is static. We try to see a lot of green, but please (please!) never worry about having to report a gain. They happen. It is the recovery from them that you are here to learn to do better and faster. You WILL have bad weeks, and the whole team sometimes has a bad week. It is always an opportunity to help each other get back on track as quickly as possible, or just ride out the bad bits. And we learn to appreciate plateaus when they are needed to give your body some time to adapt before moving back into losses.

Note #2! when your post is marked "Insightful" that is me or @micki48 indicating that the weigh-in or step/exercise report has been recorded on the spreadsheet. You never need to worry about posting on the spreadsheet, but it helps us to have a way of tracking which have been done. Please don't use the "insightful" yourself on any post that contains numbers! Thanks :heart:
  • SMcFall0215
    SMcFall0215 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Also is there a new January thread that I may have missed?
  • once_mas
    once_mas Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    @mbakhtiaruz I am sorry you have been feeling down. Taking a break from social media can definitely be refreshing. Buying your first house is very exciting. Congratulations!

Thanks :smiley: yes it was really helpful to take a break, now feel better.

This discussion has been closed.