WaistAways - January 2021 Team Chat

Replies

• Gidgitgoescrazy
    Gidgitgoescrazy Posts: 638 Member
    Good Morning and happy Sunday !

Todays agenda is Hiit for 20 minutes, and 30 min of aerobics video, and then some weight work for good measure, I will also take the dogs for a walk, then we have to hit the grocery store, and then the football game is at 1... I am not sure what the deal will be for food.

My youngest goes home later today, so that makes me a little sad, but I am super proud of the young man he is becoming, you can really see his maturity level has increased in the past year. (he is only 19, he left for the Air Force when he was still just 17). He is doing well there, so thats all good...

Anyway, not much more than that going on... Just trying to mentally prep for the kid leaving, thinking about the work week, and the fact that I am turning in my notice tomorrow, thats gonna be tough, I really try to avoid conflict at all costs so.... yeah....

Okay have a great day !
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,013 Member
    Happy Sunday, team!
    I'm deep into the tallies to wrap up December, but I'll just post today's reminder real quick! Sunday weigh-ins:
    @YinxFed
    @Terytha
    @sodonovan74
    @Evallusion

Love those numbers :grin:
  • eggfreak
    eggfreak Posts: 681 Member
    Hi all, and welcome to the many new members! Sylvia, 51, in Massachusetts. I joined this group in January '20 and find a lot of good ideas, motivation and encouragement. I had hit a high in January '20 of 194 or so and somehow found the determination and focus to weigh and log for many months getting very near to my goal by July - since then my determination and focus has wobbled but managing to stay in the 140s so far. Have gotten through the holidays and the damage is not as bad as I feared however I have reignited my sweet tooth. I've been this goal-ish weight range for a few months now and feel I'd like to make a push for about 10 more pounds and see how that feels. Logging and checking in with you all often....I know I can do it.
  • jugar
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10819936/january-week-1-challenge-get-on-track/p1?new=1

A new year tracking challenge to get us started out right! December was not so great, but we know what to do! All of the teams gained weight last week, but over the month, we were one of the 2 teams to lose! Thanks to our wonderful losers :heart:

Results will be posted later, but I am proud of us! We lost 25 pounds in December, coming in 2nd behind the every-amazing Downsizers. Week 5 was not so hot, but ALL the teams gained during week 5, so at least we stuck together :blush:
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    CW: 168.6

It's probably not that bad, we were drinking and eating snacks last night. But that's what the scale says so that's what we'll use for now.

Today is the end of my time off work and the end of my diet break. The last of the holiday treats will be gone and things will get back to normal tomorrow.

I thought a diet break would be scary, that it would be hard to see the scale keep going up and up. But in the end, it was only variable within 5 lbs, and my clothes all fit the same, and I did not completely ruin anything. Even when I stopped logging half my snacks, I didn't binge myself into a 100 lb gain. So it's all good. :)
  • CurvyCalorie
    CurvyCalorie Posts: 266 Member
    edited January 2021
    @micki48
    Steps for January 2

• fuschiabolero
    fuschiabolero Posts: 35 Member
    Hi Awesome Waistaways Team!
    My name is Ana (aka fuschiabolero) and I live in the Dallas, Texas area with my husband and son. I am excited about joining this group and I have had similar journeys as others with WW as well as the gain/lose of the same 20 pounds for the last few years. I am currently at 182 but my highest weight was over 220. I am a pretty healthy eater but stress management and consistent exercise are my main struggles. I am setting goals that help me disconnect from work and align with self care. My husband and I will be empty nesters this year which is both exciting and sad for me. My two kids have been my world for so long that this new phase of life can be intimidating for me. My daughter is a junior in college now so I have had some preparation for what is to come this summer.
    I am ready to be a cheerleader for my waistaway teammates and I know I will need to lean on this group for support. My goals for January are-
    *Track daily on MFP
    *Meal Planning for work week
    *Workout 5X a week for 45-60minutes each day
    *Dive into my love for crafting 2X a week
    2021 be a great year!
  • DD265
    DD265 Posts: 651 Member
    Hi all

I'm Katie, 32 living in the UK with my husband and our cats. I've been overweight for over 10 years now and despite losing quite a lot on WW 4 years ago, I've put it all back on as I'm an emotional eater. This is my first month doing MFP so I'm looking forward to seeing how it goes. :)

I've just posted on the tracking thread that I'm aiming for at least 30 minutes of activity per day. If I aimed higher I think I'd lose heart, but this is achievable and will start a habit I can build on.

My other focus is tracking, which I'm not new to, having done WW, but I need to do it religiously and honestly. Between being mindful of what I'm eating, and making sure I get off my backside after work, the weight should come off easily to begin with.
  • YinxFed
    YinxFed Posts: 1,052 Member
    Happy New Year Team and Hello January!

Sunday weigh in:
    PW - 186.2
    CW - 186.5

I would like to declare war on the rest of my weigh ins this month - I'm looking for full green coverage for the rest of the month. In other words - the only way is down!

I will post an introduction later tonight - Sunday seems to have got away from me somehow!
  • jugar
    DD265 wrote: »
    Hi all

I'm Katie, 32 living in the UK with my husband and our cats. I've been overweight for over 10 years now and despite losing quite a lot on WW 4 years ago, I've put it all back on as I'm an emotional eater. This is my first month doing MFP so I'm looking forward to seeing how it goes. :)

I've just posted on the tracking thread that I'm aiming for at least 30 minutes of activity per day. If I aimed higher I think I'd lose heart, but this is achievable and will start a habit I can build on.

My other focus is tracking, which I'm not new to, having done WW, but I need to do it religiously and honestly. Between being mindful of what I'm eating, and making sure I get off my backside after work, the weight should come off easily to begin with.

Welcome Katie! We have several other members in the UK, so you are not alone in your time zone. Feel free to weigh in by pounds, kg, stones - whatever is easy for you - but I will be recording all weights in pounds. I'm in Canada where we still use both pounds and kilograms, so the calculations are on speed dial. We really are supposed to be all metric, but inches and pounds die hard, it seems. Miles and yards are long gone, though!

Your goal to work out 30 minutes is a great one. Be sure to vary it well, and do things that help keep that smile on your face. I have a couple of videos I always go to when I am feeling like it is all useless, why bother, meh, grumble, grumble, yawn. They are 30 minutes, hilarious, and a really good workout that sends me to my shower with a huge grin and a sigh of relief. Keep a couple of those in your back pocket! If you want to share mood emergency video suggestions, let's do it!
  • jugar
    Hi Awesome Waistaways Team!
    My name is Ana (aka fuschiabolero) and I live in the Dallas, Texas area with my husband and son. I am excited about joining this group and I have had similar journeys as others with WW as well as the gain/lose of the same 20 pounds for the last few years. I am currently at 182 but my highest weight was over 220. I am a pretty healthy eater but stress management and consistent exercise are my main struggles. I am setting goals that help me disconnect from work and align with self care. My husband and I will be empty nesters this year which is both exciting and sad for me. My two kids have been my world for so long that this new phase of life can be intimidating for me. My daughter is a junior in college now so I have had some preparation for what is to come this summer.
    I am ready to be a cheerleader for my waistaway teammates and I know I will need to lean on this group for support. My goals for January are-
    *Track daily on MFP
    *Meal Planning for work week
    *Workout 5X a week for 45-60minutes each day
    *Dive into my love for crafting 2X a week
    2021 be a great year!

Hi Ana! Your goals are also good - just as long as you're not going from zero to that many workouts per week in one go! Never be afraid to start with even 10 minutes per day, and then hold yourself to doing it like crazy glue. Empty nesting is quite a challenge at first, but hopefully they won't be far away and they'll be calling mama really often. Welcome aboard! We can be your kids at their brattiest when you're missing them B)
  • eggfreak
    eggfreak Posts: 681 Member
    @jugar glad you got out on your snowshoes - a good start to the year. Love the summary of December.

Despite wanting to leave the baked goods behind I found time yesterday to make an Olive Oil Cake from Bon Appetit - cut the sugar in half but still quite high calories for a slice - had a yummy slice this afternoon and now I'm just back from a huge march around town and through the woods and that burned the cake calories and then some. whew! But now, I've got to knuckle down and prep for the week. It's my week to be in the office and that will be a huge help not to be around temptation.
  • KellyBgetsfit
    KellyBgetsfit Posts: 1,713 Member
    Hello, friends! I am Kelly. I am a wife, mother of 4, and Kindergarten teacher I have been in the group for 1 year. My weight hasn't really changed, but I dropped a pant size. I will try ro post progress photos this week. The scale says I need to lose 25 pounds, but I honestly think I will be happy with 15 since I am fairly muscular, so I decided to make the my 2021 goal. Once I reach that, I will decide if I want to lose more.

My goals for this week
    1. Workout
    2. Walk 5 days
    3. Log everything
  • jugar
    micki48 wrote: »
    Yay, Team!! Second place overall. Way to go to our top three @CurvyCalorie, @happimess01, and @MandiSaysHey. I'm not surprised. You all have been doing such a great job.

I have completed two days of pilates (@jugar about 11 mins each).

My food has been on target and I am LOGGING EVERYTHING!! Yay! It's been a cloudy start to 2021, but I did see the sun for a bit and it made me so happy. Today is my first born's 33 birthday. We facetimed, but hopefully in two days with a negative covid test, we will celebrate and hug and open Christmas presents and eat our Christmas dinner.

Hope you are all making good choices. They are choices. I didn't want to exercise, but I chose it anyway. :)
    You are doing great, too Michele! I am happy to see you back at your logging and enthusiasm for these choices. WTG!

I'll put in your pilates minutes - assuming they are for the last 2 days of the December week 5? I'll also go back and check that I have not forgotten anyone's exercise minutes. Last week got really crazy - we had a captain with covid, so I was logging weights for her team, and all the new people... I'll catch up now!
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,253 Member
    xkm9sgaxouq3.jpg

WAISTAWAYS WEEK 5 STEP RESULTS

TOTAL TEAM STEPS REPORT - 298,085

gzbgklrq4lvi.png

STEP STARS

1st - @jugar 87,946
    2nd - @MandiSaysHey 83,842
    3rd - @CurvyCalorie 79,133

TEAM MEMBERS MEETING DAILY GOAL

@jugar 6/7