January 2021: Jump start, New year, New you! accountability thread :)

Options

Replies

• SherryRueter
    SherryRueter Posts: 2,858 Member
    Options
    OMG...This is perfect! I've been searching most of the morning for something like this! I need y'all to help me!!!

y challenge will go through January, so good chance to keep accountable here too!

49 & 341 days

5' 1"
    CW: 106.4 -107.4
    GW: ~102-104 (not sure until I'm there)

Daily rules for my challenge:
    1) Daily hard workouts. Weight lifting and Cardio. I had bunion surgery 1 month ago, so I am limited by activity and food is amazing.

2) Read (10) pages of self development/business book
    3) Drink 100oz of water each day
    4) Choose a meal plan and stick to it!
    Such as Drink Water, Eat veggies and Fruits. Focus on higher protein. Make Portions matter. Remove/reduce processed/fake foods and sweets.

Currently I am eating a lot of processed sugar. Cookies. Chocolate. Butter.Breads. etc. without beating myself up. But I am gaining weight from it and I want to get back on track!

• SherryRueter
    Options
    @weatherking2019 : you maybe in a premenopausal stage... I had to really dial stuff in as soon as 45-46 hit. Now losing weight is harder.

• SherryRueter
    Options
    @_vicky2291 hugs on the lockdown. Do you do workouts at home then? Yes...removing 500 calories is sure a shock mentally (well, for me it is).

@la_nanita and @l4a_p : I enjoyed keto but, it shot my Total cholesterol to 256 :o so I'm not quite sure I should do full on keto. I do enjoy your thought of a couple days Keto, a couple days more carb, I sorta got lost in your plan, is this accurate?

IF and:
    Monday: Keto
    Tues: Keto
    Wed: keto (fasting day, don't eat )
    Thur: carbs 120g or less
    Fri: carbs 120g or less
    Sat: ??
    Sun: ??

@RobinAlex666 Brave enough to step on the scale! You'll be back on track soon!
  • l4a_p
    l4a_p Posts: 241 Member
    edited January 2021
    Options

@l4a_p : I enjoyed keto but, it shot my Total cholesterol to 256 :o so I'm not quite sure I should do full on keto. I do enjoy your thought of a couple days Keto, a couple days more carb, I sorta got lost in your plan, is this accurate?

IF and:

Yup, that's pretty much it! It's not a weekplan exactly, I do what feels right to me. Sometimes it will be 3 days keto, followed by 4days carbs, sometimes 3 ketodays, 2 carbsdays, and back to keto again.

Oof, that cholesterol is not good. Did you mainly eat healthy fats? Or the bad ones? I generally stick pretty exclusively to the good ones, so hopefully that will help me to avoid the same thing! =)

• mandycat_florida
    mandycat_florida Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I came across this recently while reading a post from a descendant of the original model for Rosie the Riveter. (For our non-U.S. friends, Rosie the Riveter was a poster girl during World War II, representing all the women who had jumped in to take the place of men gone to war.) I love this image.u5k3ov2jldco.png
  • SherryRueter
    Options
    l4a_p wrote: »

@l4a_p : I enjoyed keto but, it shot my Total cholesterol to 256 :o so I'm not quite sure I should do full on keto. I do enjoy your thought of a couple days Keto, a couple days more carb, I sorta got lost in your plan, is this accurate?

IF and:

Yup, that's pretty much it! It's not a weekplan exactly, I do what feels right to me. Sometimes it will be 3 days keto, followed by 4days carbs, sometimes 3 ketodays, 2 carbsdays, and back to keto again.

Oof, that cholesterol is not good. Did you mainly eat healthy fats? Or the bad ones? I generally stick pretty exclusively to the good ones, so hopefully that will help me to avoid the same thing! =)

I used only Coconut oil. My father has similar markers so we believe its all hereditary. My Dr. says that the rest of my markers are outstanding. And my daily nutrition isn't bad compared to the standard diet....so I'm not a candidate to do anything except....really watch my sugar intake and my fat intake. Limit red meat etc.

and thanks.!
  • SherryRueter
    Options
    5' 1"
    1) Daily hard workouts. Weight lifting and Cardio. I had bunion surgery 1 month ago, so I am limited by activity and food is amazing.
    Such as Drink Water, Eat veggies and Fruits. Focus on higher protein. Make Portions matter. Remove/reduce processed/fake foods and sweets.

1/5: Yesterday went horribly. I'm considering today as my Day 1.
    <3 Workout completed, Meal plan created and today's food logged and written in my journal.
    Water on target for the day.

1/4: Currently I am eating a lot of processed sugar. Cookies. Chocolate. Butter.Breads. etc. without beating myself up. But I am gaining weight from it and I want to get back on track!
  • Antiopelle
    Antiopelle Posts: 1,184 Member
    edited January 2021
    Options
    BMI: 25,9
    CW: 75.5 - the result of 10 days of "intuitive eating " :wink:

January GW: 73.0
    GW: 71.0

04/01: 75.5 - I think the first kg will drop off very fast, as it is the result of sugar, fat and salt overload of the last few days.
    06/01: 74.9 - exactly as I thought it would happen.

I also think I am pre-menopausal @weatherking2019 , although it is hard to know for me as I have a Mirena so I don't get the major clue. But it is much much harder to get my weight under control and I usually break into a sweat whenever I start walking fast, which is something new to me.
    On another note, as diving still seems to be a very distant opportunity, I've decided to follow an exercise plan that I can do at home. Still struggling with the shoulder, but if need be, I'll do it with one arm :lol:. This is the program: https://teambodyproject.com/ I will start this as I feel it is important for us 50-ish girls to keep our muscle tone to be as prepared as we can be for the next chapter in our lives.

Yes, we can do this !!!

And a very warm welcome to @SherryRueter , glad you've found us :smile:
  • Antiopelle
    Options
    Cora0477 wrote: »
    5’4” 43
    1/01: 128.2
    1/05: 128.0

Anyone else have trouble with still picturing your 30 y/o self as your ideal? I’m 10 years older and my body is not going to look like it’s a 30 y/o body again. I don’t mind the wrinkles and gray hair, but dang I miss the non-saggy skin on my stomach. I feel bigger than I know I am because of it. I recently tried on some very old clothes (like ones I had in my 20’s) and they fit properly without being tight, and yet I remember ‘feeling’ so much fitter then because everything wasn’t as saggy. Ugh.

I got to terms with it Cora, life is way more easier when you accept yourself as you are, it frees up headspace if you stop worrying about things you can't change. Which doesn't mean you should let go of your health of course. Just focus on the fact that you can still fit into those 20's clothes (how many people can say that !) :wink:
  • la_nanita
    la_nanita Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Cora0477 wrote: »
    5’4” 43

Anyone else have trouble with still picturing your 30 y/o self as your ideal? I’m 10 years older and my body is not going to look like it’s a 30 y/o body again. I don’t mind the wrinkles and gray hair, but dang I miss the non-saggy skin on my stomach. I feel bigger than I know I am because of it. I recently tried on some very old clothes (like ones I had in my 20’s) and they fit properly without being tight, and yet I remember ‘feeling’ so much fitter then because everything wasn’t as saggy. Ugh.

I am actually healthier and more fit than I was in my 30s but in my mind I am still 22 and hot. Lol. After such a long period of being unhealthy I am very happy with where I am today but I can still recognize that there is more room for improvement.
  • JaimeeSilva
    JaimeeSilva Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My mini-goal of 135 pounds was hit once last Fall. Then I went back up to 140. I've been getting closer and the bouncing back up! It'd be great to have my high consistently under 140 by the end of January.
  • Cora0477
    Cora0477 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    5’4” 43
    1/06: 127.8

I love the support this group provides. Thank you!

The news had me drinking and staying up all night last night so now I have a massive headache. But I’m at the gym now, so I hope I feel a bit better when I’m done.
  • tracimckinney
    tracimckinney Posts: 79 Member
    edited January 2021
    Options
    5'5", 54

Goal weight for Jan: 130 lbs
    Daily bodyweight workouts for 3 weeks (1/3 to 1/24) then 3 times a week. Walk 3 days a week. Basketball goal going up this week. Going to rake up all the leaves in the yard so we can play croquet.

1/4: 133 lbs
    1/7: 132.6
  • SherryRueter
    Options
    5' 1"

1/6: 106.8 was great until 2pm then I dove into Popcorn and spiral down.
    1/5: Yesterday went horribly. I'm considering today as my Day 1.
    <3Workout completed, Meal plan created and today's food logged and written in my journal.
    Water on target for the day. ==End of day Update==> Today went perfectly

1/4: 106.4 Currently I am eating a lot of processed sugar. Cookies. Chocolate. Butter.Breads. etc. without beating myself up. But I am gaining weight from it and I want to get back on track!
  • Go_Deskercise
    Go_Deskercise Posts: 1,630 Member
    edited January 2021
    Options
    34, 5' 4"

Current Weight: Estimating 135-140 range
    January Goal: 130-135

January 8:
    January 15:
    January 22:
    January 29:

Been slacking on these challenges but I'm in for this one!
    Initial weigh in tomorrow

@Cora0477 is goals .... seriously - same height as me and although I'm a bit younger, I'm super jealous of all your progress and looking to join you in the 120's!!

• HoneyBadger302
    HoneyBadger302 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    5' 7"
    CW: 148.4
    GW: ~128-132 (not sure until I'm there)

1) (2) non-consecutive 45 minute workouts - one must be outdoors
    2) Read (10) pages of a non-fiction self development/business book
    3) Drink (1) gallon of water
    4) Choose a diet and stick to it (my diet is CICO with a lower-carb focus, avoiding grain and flour-based foods) - no cheats, no alcohol, no junk.
    5) Take a progress photo

1/6/21: 146.2 - this was a low weigh-in though on a woosh, so likely to uptick a bit from this.
  • la_nanita
    la_nanita Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    I am going to make Saturday mornings my official weigh in day. I have been OK this week, going slowly down but I have not been eating the cleanest. I know I should do better but yet I chose not to. Uggghhh.... Otherwise, I am very motivated and doing well.
  • Antiopelle
    Options
    BMI: 25,9
    CW: 75.5 - the result of 10 days of "intuitive eating "
    :wink:

January GW: 73.0
    GW: 71.0

04/01: 75.5 - I think the first kg will drop off very fast, as it is the result of sugar, fat and salt overload of the last few days.
    06/01: 74.9 - exactly as I thought it would happen.
    08/01: 74.8