January 2021: Jump start, New year, New you! accountability thread :)

Options

Replies

• SherryRueter
    SherryRueter Posts: 2,846 Member
    Options
    Shout outs!
    I won't always have time for shout outs, but I have a little time today so here goes

@Go_Deskercise I've been slacking on my nutrition big time! I SOOO need this too.
    @Cora0477 - Great job getting into the GYM! Night time has to be the worst, right?!?! After dinner I'm like...nothing to do..... why not eat again?!?! There is a saying : Dinner and done, Find other fun!

----
    5' 1"
    CW: 106.4 -107.4
    GW: ~102-104 (not sure until I'm there)

1/7: No weigh in Weighted total body. Great with food until 2pm (I'm seeing a habit here).... and then Had another post dinner treat. Carmel rice cakes broken, a tsp of oil and some pancake syrup. Was delish but NOT in line with my goals and I was not hungry. I was bored. Found a Sugar fast to join from Revelation wellness. That starts monday. I'm going all in!

Daily rules for my challenge:
    1) Daily hard workouts. Weight lifting and Cardio. I had bunion surgery 1 month ago, so I am limited by activity and food is amazing.
    2) Read (10) pages of self development/business book
    3) Drink 100oz of water each day
    4) Choose a meal plan and stick to it!
    Such as Drink Water, Eat veggies and Fruits. Focus on higher protein. Make Portions matter. Remove/reduce processed/fake foods and sweets.

1/6: 106.8 was great until 2pm then I dove into Popcorn and spiral down.
    1/5: Yesterday went horribly. I'm considering today as my Day 1.
    <3Workout completed, Meal plan created and today's food logged and written in my journal.
    Water on target for the day. ==End of day Update==> Today went perfectly
    1/4: 106.4 Currently I am eating a lot of processed sugar. Cookies. Chocolate. Butter.Breads. etc. without beating myself up. But I am gaining weight from it and I want to get back on track!
  • SarahsHustle
    SarahsHustle Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    5'5
    CW: 142.2 (currently bloated!)
    GW: 137

I will weigh myself weekly to keep myself accountable to my goal
    1.2.21: 142.2
    1.9.21: 137.4
    1.16.21:
    1.23.21:
    1.30.21:
  • weatherking2019
    weatherking2019 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    5'2"
    CW: 115!
    GW: 110
    CBF: 22%
    GBF: 19%

1/4 115, 22%
    1/9 116, 21.4%

Bloated. I drank so much water and wine last night. I know what not to do yet I did... well I did sweat it out at OTF this morning so I feel better.
    B U T, I’m getting a bit bored with OTF now. After 370 classes, I want something different. Mixing yoga is okay but I need a change.
    I’m contemplating getting the Mirror. Does anyone have it??
  • l4a_p
    l4a_p Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    ME:
    31y * 5'9" * Weight goal: 63kg (138,89lbs)

Even though I am 5kg fatter than I was last January, I hope I lose them faster this time around. I especially hope to see a difference in my waist again. Was so happy when it was 75cm, and now it's back to 79. Gross.

GOALS
    1. Minimal intake of sugar (<30grams/day)
    2. Get back into the fasting routine
    3. Have 2-3 adjacent keto days every week
    4. Alcohol only in the weekends
    5. Reach 70.x kg by month's end

WEIGHT
    2 Jan: 72.3kg
    8 Jan: 71.2kg
    10 Jan: 70.3kg

Welp, I honestly didn't think I'd see 70.x this fast. Hopefully it isn't purely fake waterweight. I measured some to make sure, and although my waist is stuck at 79cm still, my belly has lost 3cm! So it must be somewhat real.

Didn't fully finished the 36h fast: for some reason I was wide awake which ruined my normal strategy of just going to bed a bit early to not cave. So unfortunately only did 26h and then had some 700 kcal, still protein/fat so I think I remained in keto.

Anyways, very happy with the process so far, hoping the bf's cooking tonight isn't going to ruin everything. (I already had to decline on his offer for pancakes)

• canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    @Cora0477 When I read the last part of your post, I was thinking...elderly parent. Obviously not, when you said they were 'looking grown', :D
  • Cora0477
    Cora0477 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    @canadjineh LOL. Sorry. Senior in high school. He will graduate in a couple months.
  • RobinAlex666
    RobinAlex666 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Height: 5'8"
    CW: 162
    January GW: 157

1/2: 162
    1/3: 164.5
    1/10: 162

Well I guess it's better than 164.5

Due to covid, I haven't gotten a haircut since October 2019. At this point I have more than enough to donate, so I'm looking to do that soon. The issue is my double chin... My nemesis. To quote Julia on my favorite show, 90 Day Fiance, "you don't want be fat, you don't go in kitchen". That will be my motto for the next 2 months. Then short hair here I come!
  • Antiopelle
    Antiopelle Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    BMI: 25,9
    CW: 75.5 - the result of 10 days of "intuitive eating " :wink:
    January GW: 73.0
    GW: 71.0

04/01: 75.5 - I think the first kg will drop off very fast, as it is the result of sugar, fat and salt overload of the last few days.
    06/01: 74.9 - exactly as I thought it would happen.
    08/01: 74.8
    11/01: 73.9

@RobinAlex666 : what a good idea !! My hair is also superlong and in dire need of a cut, but it will be months still before I can go to the salon. I'll ask her if there is a way to donate.
    @l4a_p : you rock girl !! :wink:
    @weatherking2019 : I saw some ad about the mirror. As I'm in Europe I won't be able to buy it (yet), but it looks very interesting and innovating !
  • l4a_p
    Options
    @Antiopelle Good to see the weight seems to be flying off for you too!
  • weatherking2019
    weatherking2019 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    @k8richer , Hi there!! On the same boat here!
    Cold snowy weather and FT desk job 8-5 with 2 kids doesn’t give me a lot of time.
    But being here with you all keeps me accountable. Welcome to the group!!
  • Go_Deskercise
    Go_Deskercise Posts: 1,630 Member
    Options
    34, 5' 4"

Current Weight: 137.4
    January Goal: 130-135

January 8: 137.4
    January 15:
    January 22:
    January 29:
  • k8richly
    k8richly Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    @weatherking2019 thank you for your welcome! It is inspiring reading success stories and the plans. Gives me ideas for taking my fitness to the next level. I've lost about 10 lbs since May but gained muscle through bootcamps (until they ended due to the lockdown) running, stuff with my kids, and watching CICO and upping my protein.

What is OTF? And the Mirror? I'm always looking for new ideas.

My teenager has got me doing a '14 Day Shred' challenge right now thats viral on Instagram or something. It's really just a tough series of HIIT for about an hour - it wouldn't be my first choice but it's awesome to spend time with my kid and (i wouldn't say this anywhere else than MFP) it feels great knowing i can keep up and frankly I'm in better shape than her. I'm pretty proud. Although I am sore LOL - it's a good kind of sore!

I have no friends yet - anyone want to add me, feel free! Im not sure how it works....
  • la_nanita
    la_nanita Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    42- 43 on 1/18/21!!!
    CW 138.2 (1/1)
    GW 125

1/8: 138.2

Daily Goals:
    1. close the rings on my Apple Watch. Move-400, Exercise-30, Stand-10.
    2. Wake up at 445am on work days to workout
    3. Drink 8 cups of water
    4. Journal
    5. Read

I keep going up and down the same two pounds. I am meeting my daily goals but my eating was a bit out of control last week. I keep telling myself that I will do less carbs but I don’t follow through. SMH At least this week I am going to concentrate on doing my intermittent fasting and portion control. Will try to do lower carbs but will not stress about it.
  • tracimckinney
    tracimckinney Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Welcome @k8richer, I added you!

5'5", 54

Goal weight for Jan: 130 lbs
    Daily bodyweight workouts for 3 weeks (1/3 to 1/24) then 3 times a week. Walk 3 days a week. Basketball goal going up this week. Going to rake up all the leaves in the yard so we can play croquet.

1/4: 133 lbs
    1/7: 132.6
    1/12: 133.2 oops- I've been keeping up with the daily workouts, but not the other stuff since it's been cold outside lately. (That's the excuse I'm using right now, ha!)
  • l4a_p
    edited January 2021
    Options
    ME:
    31y * 5'9" * Weight goal: 63kg (138,89lbs)

Even though I am 5kg fatter than I was last January, I hope I lose them faster this time around. I especially hope to see a difference in my waist again. Was so happy when it was 75cm, and now it's back to 79. Gross.

GOALS
    1. Minimal intake of sugar (<30grams/day)
    2. Get back into the fasting routine
    3. Have 2-3 adjacent keto days every week
    4. Alcohol only in the weekends
    5. Reach 70.x kg by month's end

WEIGHT
    2 Jan: 72.3kg
    8 Jan: 71.2kg
    10 Jan: 70.3kg
    13 Jan: 70.5kg

@Antiopelle No, it definitely isn't linear! But I'm okay that it at least somewhat stagnates for a few days. I'm already satisfied the weekend didn't ruin it, although the bf did his utmost best (and I have such issues resisting free food, I don't know where that penny-pinching attitude comes from :/)

I did notice (again) yesterday evening that I have huge bloating issues: serious bloat baby, I honestly looked 6months pregnant. I don't know what food type causes it, I can't seem to find a pattern. In fact, even on days I fast, I seem to be somewhat bloated near the evening, albeit in lower volume.

Anyone else experiences this?

• Cora0477
    Cora0477 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    5’4” 43
    1/01: 128.2
    1/05: 128.0
    1/06: 127.8
    1/10: 127.0
    1/14: 125.8

I saw this number yesterday but didn’t post because I thought maybe it was a fluke. I even went back over my diary to make sure I had it set right. I guess this was the whoosh I’ve been impatiently waiting for since December!
    Although my ideal range is 122 +/-, 125 is my mini goal and I am so excited to be this close to it. I know things get slower the closer you get, but I really, really want to see 125.0 by the end of December.

@Antiopelle and @l4a_p I was looking back in Happy Scale and last year looked like a mountain range for me. In fact, this week is the first week in forever that it shows me in the green and not the red. It’s frustrating that it isn’t linear, but seeing your perseverance on here has always been so motivating and encouraging for me!