Tazaria87 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Daily Post January 12
    Tracked Yes
    Under Calorie Yes
    Water 128oz
    Steps 9160
    Exercise 40min Treadmill

I've been working on organizing our pantry. I got tired of not being able to find what I need, or not realizing we were out of something. Yesterday I went to the store and bought a couple more baskets and I think I'm finally done! It looks so pretty and makes me happy haha. I also bought a spice rack insert for our spice cupboard and organized them so they can all be seen. No more not being able to find something!
  • 363days
    363days Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    363days wrote: »
    @Beautyofdreams The workbook I've started is The Beck Diet Solution Weight Loss workbook and it has Daily Activities through 30 days. I am finding that it may take me 5 days to incorporate the action for 1 day. As an example "Eat while sitting down". I don't stand to eat but my negative habit is that I ALWAYS eat while watching TV or reading a book. I traced that back to my growing up - I would take a plate of food to my bedroom and read while I ate. My goal on this one is to shoot for 1 meal a day when I am not being distracted during eating. I couldn't even do that yesterday, it's like an addiction, but I will work on it.
    The first 7 are 1)Review the advantages of Dieting and everyday, several times a day, read your list. 2) Commit to a diet plan - For me, I realized I was not getting enough protein and even on days that I was within my calories I was clutching my fists because I rarely felt satisfied. I decided to focus on upping my protein and watching carbs (@scorpiogirl170). I also faced the fact I don't like to cook and need high bulk, easy meals or I won't stay with my plan. Yesterday I cooked 4 oz 95% lean beef, added lots of cabbage slaw already cut, green onion, cucumber and Asian Dressing. It was awesome! 3) Eat while sitting down 4) Build your confidence 5)Slow down and be mindful
    Beck emphasizes practicing skills such as determining if it is a craving or hunger and although I've heard this a MILLION times before, I decided to try it. He said to eat a big meal at the first of the day and then don't eat again until you feel hunger. Wow, this has worked for me for 3 days now and I've lost 3 pounds (I was up two pounds since weigh in) I know this is bloat but we all know that sometimes the bloat is as hard to lose as the real weight. New recipe that satisfies my carb craving: 3 eggs, 1 ripe banana, 1/4 tsp vanilla - mix very well and cook on griddle. I top with 1/4 cup berries and Cool Whip (if you have seen my food diary you know I am hooked on Cool whip) I have not had a LTD since the first of November and for once I'm excited to think I might. Oh, for the evening binge times I've planned ahead things to do: I called 2 friends, had coloring book and a game ready, and made myself clean house at that time, rather than sitting. If I sound excited - I am - hoping I might finally be on the track that you guys are on, to lose weight regularly. Have a great day!

The workbook you are talking about @363days Does the workbook, work by itself or is there a text book with it? I just found it on google play for 99 cents for the ebook. But I don't want to get it if it should be used in conjunction with another book.

Guess I should read all the posts first... haha

So the workbook is doable without the text, correct?
    I'm a little embarrassed to tell you this but it seems the workbook I got does not partner with the book that has been mentioned "The Complete Beck Diet for Life" I'm trying to attach a picture of the table of contents but not sure it is working. It is similar to the workbook to help you train your mind, teach you skills and give you tasks and examples how to overcome situations. The workbook is called "The Beck Diet Solution Weight Loss Workbook" and is a 6 week plan to train your brain to think like a thin person. It is the workbook to accompany The Beck Diet Solution. It has a task to do every day with food plan charts, to do list, journal pages and questions to help you recognize your problems. The workbook can be used independently of any textbook, I think.

• 363days
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018 Regarding choosing Norwegian to learn: I've played with learning several languages: Irish, Italian, Spanish and Norwegian but have gotten nowhere so I decided getting a tutor would keep me on track. I'm so excited to meet him Friday, he knows a bazillion languages, Sanskrit for one, and I may move to other languages, too...at a very slow pace. I hope to travel to the Nordic countries one day and I thought it would be fun to have a basic knowledge of the language.
    @lelbarou I want to learn Spanish, too, we can put it to use here in Oklahoma and I've done just a little on Duolingo - a free language site. Have you ever tried this?
    @Megan_smartiepants1970 Dang, you must have a high tolerance of pain with the miles you walk and yet having that foot pain. It sounds like you have a busy future with appointments.
    @scribb Congrats on having to get some new shorts!!!!
  • ScorpioGirl70
    ScorpioGirl70 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    DawnCumm wrote: »
    Checkin 1/12/2021
    weigh in day is friday

Steps 2017

Today I started drinking a lemonade concoction that I did a couple years ago. It is from a "cleansing system" Anyway, I don't follow the rules to the cleanse, but after doing the drink today, it replaced 2 cups of coffee, I remember how well I felt when I did drink it daily.

It seems to keep me hydrated and does flush my system. Today's I did hot like a hot tea or coffee. If you are curious on the "cleansing system" I found a PDF online for it, I can send you a link in private message.

Like I said, I don't do the salt water flush and I do eat when I do this so I am not doing a cleanse per say, but it does seem to make me feel better. Oh and the laxative tea, I do have some of that as well and it works. I never thought any of that stuff was true but I was very impressed with the results on laxative tea.

I did the Lemon Cleanse for 21 days years ago, it was amazing what happened with my body. My senses were extremely heightened, especially smell which was not exactly a good thing. Any issues on my body were healed, literally a 20 year old 'spot' on my back was healed. My skin felt so soft, it was crazy. I have never been able to do it again, tried a few times but it truly is a cleanse/healing item that is very effective if you can stay on it long enough, not exactly a weight loss method, although you do obviously lose weight. Good luck!

I have heard all kinds of stories about results from others, however, I am not able to actually do the cleanse, but even though I don't have the willpower to do the cleanse accurately, I still had good results. I ate one meal a day when I was doing it and one snack. I still got great results with it as far as feeling better and that is my entire point of any of this is I want to feel better. To me the weight loss will just be a bonus with my journey.
  • Beautyofdreams
    Beautyofdreams Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970,
    sorry that I didn't get back to you sooner. Please excuse me Feb. 1(surgery) possibly thru to Feb. 8(stitches out. I was able to walk today for 45 minutes, 2.25 miles(3.2 mph pace). Hope your foot surgery goes well. Your walks with Aspen are truly inspirational!

I received a fossil smartwatch for Christmas and spent last night and tonight setting it up..It uses an Android operating system Could anyone recommend an activity tracker that would be compatible with android and mfp?

Spent half the day at the clinic and pharmacy. Went for a pneumonia vaccine first but nurse wasn't sure which one to give me without consulting transplant coordinator so had to cancel that appointment and go to the next appointment with the nephrologist. Both the nephrologist and his nurse noticed my weight loss. The last time that I had seen him I had told him that I had lost weight and was working on losing more to get down to a healthy weight. He didn't take me too seriously. After he asked if I was trying to lose weight? He asked what I was doing to lose weight? Counting calories and moving. He has changed my blood pressure medication to a different medication and cut my fluids. Fluids were cut because kidney was not removing fluid quickly enough and it was dropping my sodium levels causing dizziness and my falling and receiving a concussion. Though kidney function is improving.
    The nephrologist is making it harder to diet by limiting both my protein and water intake. Guess I will just fill up on more vegetables.

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,113 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970,
    sorry that I didn't get back to you sooner. Please excuse me Feb. 1(surgery) possibly thru to Feb. 8(stitches out. I was able to walk today for 45 minutes, 2.25 miles(3.2 mph pace). Hope your foot surgery goes well. Your walks with Aspen are truly inspirational!

I received a fossil smartwatch for Christmas and spent last night and tonight setting it up..It uses an Android operating system Could anyone recommend an activity tracker that would be compatible with android and mfp?

Spent half the day at the clinic and pharmacy. Went for a pneumonia vaccine first but nurse wasn't sure which one to give me without consulting transplant coordinator so had to cancel that appointment and go to the next appointment with the nephrologist. Both the nephrologist and his nurse noticed my weight loss. The last time that I had seen him I had told him that I had lost weight and was working on losing more to get down to a healthy weight. He didn't take me too seriously. After he asked if I was trying to lose weight? He asked what I was doing to lose weight? Counting calories and moving. He has changed my blood pressure medication to a different medication and cut my fluids. Fluids were cut because kidney was not removing fluid quickly enough and it was dropping my sodium levels causing dizziness and my falling and receiving a concussion. Though kidney function is improving.
    The nephrologist is making it harder to diet by limiting both my protein and water intake. Guess I will just fill up on more vegetables.

I will excuse you on Feb. 1st until further notice .... I had foot surgery last year and I have a screw in my foot for the rest of my life ....it has been bothering me a lot lately ... my other foot has been going numb and the top feels bruised...I know I should make an appt. with my podiatrist but I am not wanted to be scolded by him...I hope your foot surgery goes well
  • GottaDUMPmyRUMP
    GottaDUMPmyRUMP Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    CHECK IN: Week 2 (Wednesday)
    🏋🏻‍♀️ Exercise ✔️
    🥤 96 oz. Water ✔️
    🍽 Under Calories ✔️
    💤 Sleep ✔️

👣 STEPS
    WED. 1/13: 2,327 (row)+ 15,950 (kickboxing) + 10,500 (spin) + 5,220 (weights) +15,323 (walking) = 49,320
  • iradi8
    iradi8 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    1/10 Steps 5,202
    1/11 Steps 15,854
    1/12 Steps 10,594
  • cabman
    cabman Posts: 81 Member
    Options
  • Bluetail6
    Bluetail6 Posts: 2,874 Member
    edited January 2021
    Options
    @cabman
    Thank you!! :)

ETA: :# , in my case.
  • scribb
    scribb Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    January 1/13

Total steps 8,251

Had a nice dinner last night and was able to stay below my calories
  • 363days
    Options
    @Beautyofdreams I'm glad your Doctor took notice of your weight loss! You are an inspiration with your determination and the ability to do what is best for you.
    @Megan_smartiepants1970 I have a plate in my leg and about 5 years ago it was giving me so much trouble I thought I was going to have to have it removed. I thought to try acupuncture first and it took away the pain and I didn't have to have surgery! I also saw that when I ate a lot of sugar and carbs (inflammation) the pain was worse. I know it may be difficult to get acupuncture, if you are even interested, but I wanted to share that it worked for me.
    @lelbarou I totally hear you. I chose not to go to a funeral yesterday of the Mother of a dear friend, but I was able to watch it online, which was great. When they got to the viewing I saw that only about 5% were wearing masks. I was so glad I had made the decision to not attend. What also surprised me was that most of the people were 60 and older...still no masks.
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    eaturpasta wrote: »
    01/11 check in
    4329 steps and 30 min yoga. 12 hour work days, 6 days a week until end of April scheduled.

I will try to check in daily. Not sure I can get my quota of steps in, but I will try. Does standing at my desk for 6 hours count?

That is a lot of work. Try to take mini breaks durning the day and get lots of rest on the 7th.
  • 363days
    Options
    @eaturpasta Your question about standing at your desk for 6 hours is a good one. I couldn't find it converted to steps but I found something that said you are burning an additional .15/minute, approx., or an extra 9 calories an hour. I wonder if you are increasing muscle? I feel like at times I've had to stand a lot, my legs have gotten stronger.
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Tazaria87 wrote: »
    Daily Post January 12
    Tracked Yes
    Under Calorie Yes
    Water 128oz
    Steps 9160
    Exercise 40min Treadmill

I've been working on organizing our pantry. I got tired of not being able to find what I need, or not realizing we were out of something. Yesterday I went to the store and bought a couple more baskets and I think I'm finally done! It looks so pretty and makes me happy haha. I also bought a spice rack insert for our spice cupboard and organized them so they can all be seen. No more not being able to find something!

Baskets sound like a good idea. Once I put everything away then I want to look at ways of organizing the place. I did order some Tupperware spice containers yesterday, a set of small and large. They are on sale but I didn’t want to order more until I see what they look like.

@Megan_smartiepants1970,

My daughter got a fossil for Christmas last year. I will ask her and let you know. I hope your surgery goes well. Can your doctor give you ideas on how to approach weight loss while going through this? Take care of yourself and follow doctors orders.

lelbarou wrote: »
    Jan. 13 check in
    logging - yes
    exercise - yes
    steps - o

Well, I'm officially depressed. I also am filled with anger and fury. I have been making sacrifices month after month, but a third of the population has their heads up the *kitten* (sorry for the imagery, but it's true) and are running around all over the place with any number of people, and now we are in a State of Emergency Lockdown with Stay-at=Home orders.

I woke up yesterday with a sore throat, so now I have to self-isolate and can't even go for a walk. Not sure what is causing the throat issue, but I have to err on the side of caution and stay inside.

When I heard the information about what people are doing and the projections for Covid, I was shaking with fury. I am so very, very ANGRY at the ignorance, selfishness and stupidity of other people who are not masking and following the Covid restrictions.

People like me have been making huge sacrifices which are ultimately undone by a third of the population who don't care about anything or anyone but THEMSELVES.

I am probably offending some people, and if you want to remove me from this group for saying these things, please go ahead. I'm sick of tip toeing around the ignorant and selfish people making this pandemic worse and worse for the good who are responsible, the innocent and those who are vulnerable. As you can tell, I am FURIOUS and have been for days.

End of rant.

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    Please remove me from the step challenge for now.
    Till my sore throat I cannot leave the house.

You have every right to your feelings. I have no intentions of allowing you to be removed from the group. So many things affect our weight loss including depression, anger and frustration. Getting this out hopefully prevents some emotional eating. Also, I agree with you. I have no clue how I got covid but I think it was from the people who didn’t wear masks in our old building and more than likely did not have good hand hygiene. To be fair though I am guilty with always adjusting my mask so who knows. I am glad you are self isolating because if more people did this when sick I think it would make a difference. Are you going to get a covid test just to be safe?
  • GottaDUMPmyRUMP
    GottaDUMPmyRUMP Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    @lelbarou Laura I hope you feel better very soon. I understand your frustration with the world right now. It's so hard. Praying for your fast recovery.
This discussion has been closed.