Downsizers - January 2021 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• rlaskey2
    rlaskey2 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Steps 12,542

Tracked all day but over by a little bit. Did my core workout and a walk in the dressing cold with a friend. Followed by meal plan but was still hungry for snacks which is where I went a little over.
  • iradi8
    iradi8 Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    1/7 Steps 10,044
    Also climbed stairs to 11th floor instead of using elevator:)
  • iradi8
    Options
    Last month was my first month here. I am finding this group to be very helpful in my journey. It is nice to have some accountability without judgement. I always read all of the messages, but haven't been commenting much. I see now that I can comment to several people in one message. So, here goes. I'll start with the new messages and hope to continue each day:)

@lindamtuck2018
    So sorry you fell! I hope you are not hurting too much today. With everything you've had going on, you are still here supporting and encouraging everyone. You are a true gem.

@lelbarou
    I also find it very hard to sleep if I am upset about something or if there is some sort of incident during the day. I have never been able to fall asleep easily. I usually wake up in the middle of the night and have trouble going back to sleep. In the last few months, since I've been walking on the treadmill and getting my steps in, I have slept better. I have also been putting earbuds in and listening to podcasts when trying to fall asleep. I find that helps me. I hope today is better for you!

@Bluetail6
    Lee, another great loss. You have been so consistent. You have been such good encouragement for me!

@Beautyofdreams
    I will call that even for calories! It can be so hard when eating out or with family. I usually cut back during the day so that I have extra room at the end of the day when that happens. I also have been successful most of the time with mentally preparing myself ahead of time realizing that I can eat the food but just not as much of it:) Hope all goes well for you tonight:) Oh, I would love to see a picture of those amazing boots!

@iHUSTLE4MUSCLE
    Well, you were hoping for a drop this week. You sure got it!!! Amazing! Your hard work paid off:)

@DawnCumm
    I would also love the recipe for the carrot cake overnight oats. It sounds so good! I love mixing coconut flavored greek yogurt with pineapple tidbits. So good! I also eat pineapple tidbits with cottage cheese.

@ScorpioGirl70
    So sorry you're still not feeling well. I sure hope you start to feel better soon. That must have felt good that the doctor mentioned your fifteen pound loss:)

Congrats to all who have had losses this week so far:) We all just have to keep on going and don't give up when it's hard or the scale goes up. We won't always have losses. My graph is a lot of little ups and downs, but the trend is down. So thankful for all of you here!

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,348 Member
    edited January 2021
    Options
    iradi8 wrote: »
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    1/7 Steps 10,044
    Also climbed stairs to 11th floor instead of using elevator:)

Would you say the stair climbing was slow, moderate or vigorous ? Also do you know about how long it took you to go up the flight of stairs? ... On the converter chart I can add more steps for you with your stair climbing
  • GottaDUMPmyRUMP
    GottaDUMPmyRUMP Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Last month was my first month here. I am finding this group to be very helpful in my journey. It is nice to have some accountability without judgement. I always read all of the messages, but haven't been commenting much. I see now that I can comment to several people in one message. So, here goes. I'll start with the new messages and hope to continue each day:)

@iHUSTLE4MUSCLE
    Well, you were hoping for a drop this week. You sure got it!!! Amazing! Your hard work paid off:)

Thank you @iradi8 Yes, all of my holiday eating and a ton of water weight came off this week, which means next week I will likely see a gain. It's hard to stay positive with all the ups and downs, but I'm bracing myself each week for an overall downward climb this month. I need to get 17.6 more off to get to goal. Then I reassess from there.

Have a great weekend :)
  • littleflutterby
    littleflutterby Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Hi all! Thanks for your suggestions and love! I really appreciate it!

I have to head to work soon. I have some of my shifts taken for next week so I have 3 more shifts before I see the surgeon on Tuesday and then I guess more will be revealed then.

Thanks to Laura and others for suggesting the oatmeal! I made overnight oats this morning (I woke up late so I warmed them up instead. Here's what I made....

40g rolled oats
    3/4 cup 2% plain yoghurt
    1 cup frozen berries
    2tsp splenda (I like things sweet)

Since I didn't do it ahead of time I just bunged it in the microwave for a couple of minutes and it was pretty good!

I'm going to make my brekkie tonight ahead of time for tomorrow.

I have made these before- and when they are done in the morning I either have as-is with fruit or mix in an egg and make pancakes.... since I am wanting to cut down on the fat from eggs just for my gallstones stuff, I am going to stick to just the oatmeal.

My usual closing-shift menu will be a chicken salad and watermelon for my meal and a shake for after.

I keep forgetting not to weigh myself mid week because when I don't see a downward trend I get upset. But I'm just going to take it one day, one meal at a time, and hope that the scale goes my way on tuesday. If not, I know I am doing the best I can considering my health issues and other stresses.

I see some amazing losses, and some struggles this week, and that's totally understand. Just remember (and I am including myself in this too!) that if the scale doesn't go our way, that is ok! My worth is not defined by the number on the scales. and like i said, I just have to do the best I can with the situations i have ahead of me. And being a highly competitive person, that is not easy! lol.

I'm just grateful that, even if my weight loss slows down significantly, I am already a whole dress-size down, and I am not controlled as much by my physical size and by the junk food that I was eating. Small celebrations!

Ok, I'd better get myself ready for my closing shift.

Have a great day all, stay safe, and big hugs from me!!

Tx
  • littleflutterby
    littleflutterby Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    lelbarou wrote: »

@littleflutterby
    Hi Tanya. I saw your post about breakfast without eggs, cheese or nuts. I think someone already recommended greek yoghurt and oatmeal. There is a high protein oatmeal that you can purchase. Lately I am having more brown rice because I find it's easy to digest and it's flexible in terms of what you can do with it. I actually took a cup of brown rice and added almond milk and it was like a breakfast cereal - kind of. I get you about being nervous about surgery. I have decided I want to more forward with mine. It is a frightening and not easy thought to deal with. We will get through this.

That brown rice actually sounds nice! I'll check that out. Will be thinking of you about your upcoming surgery too hun, You are right- we will get through this!! xx
  • Beautyofdreams
    Beautyofdreams Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970 , I am resuming steps today. Thank you for excusing me up to this point and congratulations on your weight loss.

1/08
    33 minutes on elliptical . 3.92 miles

@lelbarou I have had an issue with stress and coping mechanisms and lack of sleep. For years I would take things personally and obsess about them each night which led to lack of sleep and eating my feelings or overspending. Exercise helped me quite a bit but I had to go to therapy to learn coping mechanisms that would work for me and not to take everything so personally. Sending good vibes for your upcoming surgery.

@ScorpioGirl70 , Make sure to ask your dr. to run a T3, reverse T3 and T4 when they check your thyroid. You might also want to look up info on Hashimoto's disease and the diet for it. I take medication for low thyroid function. It makes a difference in energy level. Before the medication, it felt like I was walking in cement. Everything was a huge effort and I was always tired. The medication reduced that lethargic feeling and the brain fog.

@iHUSTLE4MUSCLE Fantastic loss! Your hard work and consistency is paying off and you will reach your goal in no time.

@littleflutterby Have you tried rice and raisins with cinnamon for breakfast? It can be sweetened to your taste though the raisins add some sweetness. Sending good vibes for your upcoming surgery, too.

@iradi8 Glad you are commenting. I look forward to reading everyone's comments and reading of their successes, too. It is great to share the journey. I will try to get a picture of the boots, if I don't, they are from Nordstrom rack and are called Sam Edelman Raakel II. The price that I paid was much less than they are listed for now because of the Christmas sales.

• ScorpioGirl70
    ScorpioGirl70 Posts: 196 Member
    Options

@ScorpioGirl70
    So sorry you're still not feeling well. I sure hope you start to feel better soon. That must have felt good that the doctor mentioned your fifteen pound loss:)

yes, it did feel good that she acknowledged the weight loss. I knew I had lost since last January, just wasn't real sure how much... all my days seem to blurr together as far as weight-loss and gain.
  • ScorpioGirl70
    ScorpioGirl70 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    [quote="

@ScorpioGirl70 , Make sure to ask your dr. to run a T3, reverse T3 and T4 when they check your thyroid. You might also want to look up info on Hashimoto's disease and the diet for it. I take medication for low thyroid function. It makes a difference in energy level. Before the medication, it felt like I was walking in cement. Everything was a huge effort and I was always tired. The medication reduced that lethargic feeling and the brain fog.

[/quote]

Thank you for that information. My husband actually has been diagnosed with Graves Disease and hyperthyroid, so I am familiar with the testing. Hashimoto disease I have heard of but never really looked into it.

Doing a fast google search on Hashimoto, quoting here "If left untreated, hypothyroidism can lead to an enlarged heart and, possibly, heart failure. Mental health issues. Depression may occur early in Hashimoto's disease and may become more severe over time" That kind of has me freaked out a bit."

I have been checked in the past for hypothyroid and the test have always came back with no issues. But that information above, knowing my history with depression and now the issues my heart fluttering/skipping, whatever it is doing... YIKES!

That diet, geeze, what can one eat? Many of my go to's for weight loss is on that list. :(
    It looks as if it that is hard to diagnose, but explains, if I am understanding it correctly, that it is the immune system attacking your thyroid. Can that not show up in normal red/white blood cell counts, since it is the immune system attacking something in your body?

Again thanks for that information, I will definitely be reading more on it.

WALKING IN CEMENT... thank you for that description.. that is exactly how I feel!
  • 363days
    363days Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    iradi8
    Tuesday
    PW: 212.0
    CW: 209.8
    LTD: 42.8 pounds (SW 252.6)

This morning, for the first time, I see that I am close to 200. In February or March of 1999, I got pregnant with my first child. A few months prior to that, I had started to lose some weight and briefly got down to 190. I have not been under 200 since 1999. I can't wait:)

This is fantastic!!!! I bet you are pinching yourself.
  • eaturpasta
    eaturpasta Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    1/7 check in
    drank water...yes
    3629 steps plus 30 min on stationary bike & 10 min yoga
    Close rings... yes

• 363days
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    1/2 9120
    1/3 13564
    1/4 5616
    1/5 3739
    1/6 2978
    1/7 6172
  • 363days
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018
    363 days
    weigh in
    PW 172
    CW 172.8
  • GottaDUMPmyRUMP
    GottaDUMPmyRUMP Posts: 270 Member
    Options

@iHUSTLE4MUSCLE Fantastic loss! Your hard work and consistency is paying off and you will reach your goal in no time.

Thank you😊 Have a great weekend!
  • iradi8
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    I only stopped once for a minute halfway, so I guess moderate stair climbing:) It was only about four minutes. Thank you!
This discussion has been closed.