Downsizers - January 2021 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• iradi8
    iradi8 Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    @Bluetail6
    Lee, so sorry about your brother. That can be so scary and stressful especially from afar. Prayers said for him and for all of the family.
  • Bluetail6
    Bluetail6 Posts: 2,874 Member
    Options
    @iradi8
    Thank you.
  • 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Steps 1/8: 18,372
  • GottaDUMPmyRUMP
    GottaDUMPmyRUMP Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    CHECK IN: Week 1 (Saturday)
    🏋🏻‍♀️ Exercise ✔️
    🥤 96 oz. Water ✔️
    🍽 Under Calories ✔️
    💤 Sleep ✔️

👣 STEPS
    SAT 1/9: 18,164
  • mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    Options
    rlaskey2 wrote: »
    Steps 10,156

I didn’t get my workout in since my day got away from me. Did some cleaning which must be how I hit 10k in steps. Took my son to meet his friends new puppy so he was happy.

I made pizza with the two ingredient dough last night again and I really like it. May be my new Friday night dinner. So much lower in calories than take out or the frozen pizza that the rest of the fam eats.

Ahh I missed when you made this the first time. Can you share the recipe for this? Well done hitting youeb10k steps👍🏻
    cesse47 wrote: »
    User: cesse47
    Weigh-in Day: Saturday

Previous weight: 299.8
    Current weight: 297.6

STEPS -- 3000 each day this past week

Last week reorganized my exercise area so it's usable again. This week I plan to start back up with Richard Simmon's stretches and chair yoga with Sherry Zak Morris.

Have a great week everyone!! 👋

Nice loss this week Cesse! I was just speaking to my husband yesterday that maybe we should set ourselves up with a proper gym now that we have room for it. I need an exercise area too as I’m really missing my gym.
    Tazaria87 wrote: »
    Tazaria87
    Saturday
    PW 194.4
    CW 193.6
    Loss w/ MFP since 4/17/20 76.4lbs
    LTD 129.4 lbs

Thought for sure with eating Indian food last night for my husband's birthday I'd show a gain for the week from bloat so I'll definitely take the small loss. Yesterday was a fun day. After we eat lunch today I'm going to go pick the kids back up and we are gonna try watching a movie as a family.

Steps for 1/8 4002

Well done on your loss! Glad you didn’t take the scale jump up. Happy birthday to your husband and so glad you guys got to have a fun filled day ❤️
    Hi All...Sorry I have been quiet ...Physical therapy got cancelled again yesterday ..they texted me to tell me the office was closed (not sure why ) ughhhh ...hips have not been happy all week ...
    Just got back from a 8.26 mile walk ...I pushed myself today... Tomorrow is definitely a rest day

Ugh not good for them to keep cancelling on you. How are you meant to get any better? At least it gave you the time for your nice long walk. Enjoy today’s rest da my ❤️
    Hi team! Just read all the posts and have all the weights entered. I am hoping tomorrow I can get back to somewhat of a normal routine. I feel so bad for my husband as he had to do all the lifting and has been great putting everything back together for me. I am still really sore. Guys you have to believe me when I say I am cursed as now I lost my keys. I have a black cloud over my head. 😂 We have searched everywhere. I am hoping they fell in one of the boxes and I will find them when unpacking. I don’t care about the house keys as they can be replaced at minimal cost but the car key will be expensive. I promise tomorrow I will start being more supportive. I feel bad that I haven’t been as you guys have been super supportive to me. I am going to grab some left over pizza as we haven’t had a chance to eat yet today. My eating hasn’t been the greatest this weekend but I just had groceries delivered and I got some nice heathy snacks. I haven’t checked my weight since Thursday as my scales are still in a box. I am very scared. 😱 Hope you guys are having a fantastic weekend.

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    January 7th 8,758
    January 8th 13,224

Omg Linda what in the world is going on!? Someone went and did some juju eye on you! It’s ok I’m sending some prayers and positivity our way so it can all turn around. Think positive happy thoughts and I’m sure your bad luck will turn right around. Don’t worry about the scales for now just get yourself settled in and then you can get back on it when it’s all over.
  • mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    Options
    Happy Saturday team. Look at me!! I managed to come in for a real check in today! Let’s hope I can keep doing so. It’s so much easier to catch up on 9 messages at a time rather than 100!!

I’m gonna try to do our zoom Zumba class this morning. It’s my trainers birthday so I am hoping to join him for his class on his special day. I haven’t done Zumba since before my surgery so I will défi need to listen to my body. I started running last week and I’ve had some very sore days on my back scar. Lots of pins and needles and soreness.

Wishing you all a wonderful day and hope to catch up tomorrow ❤️🤞🏻

@Megan_smartiepants1970

Saturday - 11,667

Sunday - coming 🔜
    Monday - coming 🔜
    Tuesday - coming 🔜
    Wednesday - coming 🔜
    Thursday - coming 🔜
    Friday - coming 🔜
    Saturday - coming 🔜
  • lelbarou
    lelbarou Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Check in for January 9
    Logging - yes
    exercise - yes
    Steps - 1100

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    Steps for Jan. 9 - 1100
    Megan, I'm so sorry about the physio. What in the heck is up with these people?
    GEESH! They should not be cancelling again! Sending you good vibes!
    Hoping the next one sticks! If not, I'm coming over to slap them silly!

@lindamtuck2018
    I agree with Tanya! Think happy and positive thoughts, my friend.
    Do you believe in angels? We all have a guardian angel waiting and ready to help us.
    Ask for help and you shall receive... If you aren't into this, just as the universe for help.
    The universe wants us to be happy! Let the positive energy waiting for you, help you.
    WE are here for you Linda! Sending mega positive vibes your way!

So, as for me, I had a pretty decent day yesterday,
    I am cooking! LOL Really? Yep.
    I made some soup a few days ago and yesterday I made some blueberry bannock
    from a recipe from a fellow MFP friend! It was sooo tasty!
    I bought a lot of good healthy food to make other soups and veggie chili also.
    I had a nice walk and did some coloring while listening to some tunes!
    Yep. I am wild!!! LOL Can't wait till the pandemic is over!

Have a great Sunday everybody!
  • Z10Rtza
    Z10Rtza Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Hi lovely people! I made it, I´m here! Having a moment to write while I´m drinking a coffee. :) January started strong as fork.
    I have already started with the course of administration and it is a mess. We started the 6th and we had plenty of homework the same day. So much that I was in class from 9.00 to 12.00 and with homework from 12.30 to 23.00 Crazy! Then on the 7th we had another class and another bunch of homework. And in the weekend they send us again. I haven´t been able to be with my girlfriend, or cleaning or touching my nose. Everything for the course.
    My steps have been quite bad BUT!!!!! I have managed almost every day to eat at least 3 meals
    bi0tq7rnxo18.gif
    My steps @Megan_smartiepants1970
    1 January 2021-> 8.106 steps
    2 January 2021-> 8.332 steps
    3 January 2021-> 8.667 steps
    4 January 2021-> 7.014 steps
    5 January 2021-> 7.202 steps
    6 January 2021-> 8.907steps
    7 January 2021-> 5.187 steps
    8 January 2021-> 10.247 steps
    9 January 2021-> 7.497 steps
  • Z10Rtza
    Z10Rtza Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Also; if someone would be able to help with this https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10820824/vegan-meal-prep#latest it would be awesome
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,511 Member
    Options
    Bluetail6 wrote: »
    Hey Downsizers... Thought I would get to sleep in today (yesterday).... Nope. I got a call from my sister who lives on the East Coast. I have a brother who has to have an emergency doctors appt for a medical procedure... Not really sure what it is going to be at this point. One of my other brothers was able to fly and stay with him. The procedure is tomorrow. My whole day was spent making phone calls to my sister and 2 brothers. A little stressful, and it isn't over yet. I might be absent for a couple of days, as we won't really know anything till tomorrow. Serious sigh.

You all are doing so well. Even with a slip up here an there, we are staying the course and moving forward. I am rooting for us always!! :)<3

I hope your brother is ok. Sending lots of positive thoughts.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    CHECK IN: Week 1 (Saturday)
    🏋🏻‍♀️ Exercise ✔️
    🥤 96 oz. Water ✔️
    🍽 Under Calories ✔️
    💤 Sleep ✔️

👣 STEPS
    SAT 1/9: 18,164

Impressive steps! Great job hitting all your goals. I was very excited to see your big loss this week. Congrats! Cab you tell us some of the things that has helped you get on track?

Hi team! Just read all the posts and have all the weights entered. I am hoping tomorrow I can get back to somewhat of a normal routine. I feel so bad for my husband as he had to do all the lifting and has been great putting everything back together for me. I am still really sore. Guys you have to believe me when I say I am cursed as now I lost my keys. I have a black cloud over my head. 😂 We have searched everywhere. I am hoping they fell in one of the boxes and I will find them when unpacking. I don’t care about the house keys as they can be replaced at minimal cost but the car key will be expensive. I promise tomorrow I will start being more supportive. I feel bad that I haven’t been as you guys have been super supportive to me. I am going to grab some left over pizza as we haven’t had a chance to eat yet today. My eating hasn’t been the greatest this weekend but I just had groceries delivered and I got some nice heathy snacks. I haven’t checked my weight since Thursday as my scales are still in a box. I am very scared. 😱 Hope you guys are having a fantastic weekend.

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    January 7th 8,758
    January 8th 13,224

Omg Linda what in the world is going on!? Someone went and did some juju eye on you! It’s ok I’m sending some prayers and positivity our way so it can all turn around. Think positive happy thoughts and I’m sure your bad luck will turn right around. Don’t worry about the scales for now just get yourself settled in and then you can get back on it when it’s all over.

Thanks Mari! Things definitely have to settle!

Happy Saturday team. Look at me!! I managed to come in for a real check in today! Let’s hope I can keep doing so. It’s so much easier to catch up on 9 messages at a time rather than 100!!

I’m gonna try to do our zoom Zumba class this morning. It’s my trainers birthday so I am hoping to join him for his class on his special day. I haven’t done Zumba since before my surgery so I will défi need to listen to my body. I started running last week and I’ve had some very sore days on my back scar. Lots of pins and needles and soreness.

Wishing you all a wonderful day and hope to catch up tomorrow ❤️🤞🏻

@Megan_smartiepants1970

Saturday - 11,667

Sunday - coming 🔜
    Monday - coming 🔜
    Tuesday - coming 🔜
    Wednesday - coming 🔜
    Thursday - coming 🔜
    Friday - coming 🔜
    Saturday - coming 🔜

I hope you enjoy the Zumba as I know how much you enjoy it. Are the pins and needles signs of healing? Make sure you don’t overdue it.

lelbarou wrote: »
    Check in for January 9
    Logging - yes
    exercise - yes
    Steps - 1100

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    Steps for Jan. 9 - 1100
    Megan, I'm so sorry about the physio. What in the heck is up with these people?
    GEESH! They should not be cancelling again! Sending you good vibes!
    Hoping the next one sticks! If not, I'm coming over to slap them silly!

@lindamtuck2018
    I agree with Tanya! Think happy and positive thoughts, my friend.
    Do you believe in angels? We all have a guardian angel waiting and ready to help us.
    Ask for help and you shall receive... If you aren't into this, just as the universe for help.
    The universe wants us to be happy! Let the positive energy waiting for you, help you.
    WE are here for you Linda! Sending mega positive vibes your way!

So, as for me, I had a pretty decent day yesterday,
    I am cooking! LOL Really? Yep.
    I made some soup a few days ago and yesterday I made some blueberry bannock
    from a recipe from a fellow MFP friend! It was sooo tasty!
    I bought a lot of good healthy food to make other soups and veggie chili also.
    I had a nice walk and did some coloring while listening to some tunes!
    Yep. I am wild!!! LOL Can't wait till the pandemic is over!

Have a great Sunday everybody!

Thanks for the thoughts. Sounds like a great day. What kind of soup did you make? You are right about the pandemic. I am tired of lockdown and now Ford says he is going to make even more restrictions but we need the strain on the hospitals to slow down. Stay safe!

Z10Rtza wrote: »
    Hi lovely people! I made it, I´m here! Having a moment to write while I´m drinking a coffee. :) January started strong as fork.
    I have already started with the course of administration and it is a mess. We started the 6th and we had plenty of homework the same day. So much that I was in class from 9.00 to 12.00 and with homework from 12.30 to 23.00 Crazy! Then on the 7th we had another class and another bunch of homework. And in the weekend they send us again. I haven´t been able to be with my girlfriend, or cleaning or touching my nose. Everything for the course.
    My steps have been quite bad BUT!!!!! I have managed almost every day to eat at least 3 meals
    bi0tq7rnxo18.gif
    My steps @Megan_smartiepants1970
    1 January 2021-> 8.106 steps
    2 January 2021-> 8.332 steps
    3 January 2021-> 8.667 steps
    4 January 2021-> 7.014 steps
    5 January 2021-> 7.202 steps
    6 January 2021-> 8.907steps
    7 January 2021-> 5.187 steps
    8 January 2021-> 10.247 steps
    9 January 2021-> 7.497 steps

Remember through all of this you have to look out for yourself. Hopefully, once you get a routine things will settle down.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Saturday’s check in
    Steps: 7,937 ✅
    Tracked: ❌
    Sleep: ❌
    Water: ✅
    Healthy snacks: ❌

Today we are heading over to the old apartment to clean up and grab anything that is left there. I can’t wait for tomorrow as I am going to do absolutely nothing. We are waiting to find out if my husband can go back to work tomorrow. They require a negative test result to allow him back. The nurse told him sometimes it can take 6 months to get a negative result. Keep your fingers crossed for him. I am going to research something I can start for exercise when I am not hurting anymore. The pool and exercise room are closed due to lockdown but trust me I will make good use of them when they open.

Have a nice relaxing Sunday!
This discussion has been closed.