Downsizers - January 2021 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,503 Member
    Options
    Hey all! I got an instant pot for Christmas from my granddaughters. I haven’t taken it out of the box yet. To all you instant pot users, do you have any suggestions of where to get recipes.
  • Sripalbhansali
    Sripalbhansali Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    WEIGHT - 60.2kg 11 Jan. Steps - 11,324
  • Tazaria87
    Tazaria87 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    363days wrote: »
    Way to go @hustle4muscle @sripalbhansali @beautyofdreams.
    Feel free to share your piece of advice for the week. I love hearing what makes people successful.

Impressive steps! Great job hitting all your goals. I was very excited to see your big loss this week. Congrats! Can you tell us some of the things that has helped you get on track?

Thank you @363days and @lindamtuck2018 😊

In case it helps anyone, and because you asked, but not as to say it's the right thing for all*; last week I did my usual workout routine (trying to burn about 1000 active calories each day while also focusing on strength work) and I dedicated more effort on my diet. I did carb cycling and intermittent fasting (20 hour fasts, eating in a 4 hour window). Kept my carbs under 100g mostly, and ate high protein (about 1g per my pound of body weight). Trying not to eat anything processed. Under 1400 calories per day. Planning to continue this week with the same. I made it through the weekend without cheats!

On Sundays I prep food for the week. Today: 12 boneless chicken breasts in the pressure cooker (takes 10 minutes!), steamed vegetables (broccoli, carrots, parsnips, brussel sprouts, cauliflower, asparagus) and one dozen boiled eggs (my spouse eats from this prep also).

*It is important to do what works for your own lifestyle, goals and nutritional needs.

It is interesting to read your routine. I love hearing about different ways to lose weight. I have picked up so much from my teammates. Just curious if you did your eggs in the instant pot. I got one for Christmas and I thought I read somewhere that it is so easy to do them in there and the shell comes off super easy.

I make my eggs in the instant pot using the trivet. 1 cup of water in the bottom, eggs on the trivet, pressure cook for 7 minutes
  • Tazaria87
    Options
    Tazaria87 wrote: »
    Daily Post January 9
    Tracked Yes
    Under Calorie Yes
    Water 128oz
    Steps 3231

Yesterday was another good day. Husband and I had a relaxing morning drinking coffee and talking. After lunch I went and got the kids from my parents and we had some family time. I also made a batch of Creamy Roasted Broccoli Soup, divided it into servings and put them in the fridge for lunches. I had a piece of the birthday cake I made as planned. Honestly, I'm not sure it was really worth it. It tasted good I guess, but I just don't crave things like that anymore and it kind of made me sick to my stomach for the rest of the day, and even this morning.

That soup sounds delicious. Can you share the recipe?

Absolutely!

2 heads broccoli cut into florets
    1 zucchini halved and sliced
    1Tb butter
    1 onion diced
    1 carrot sliced
    1 shallot diced
    2 cloves garlic minced/microplaned
    1 cup unsweetened almond milk
    Chicken stock
    Salt
    Pepper

Toss broccoli and zucchini in salt and pepper and roast in the oven on 400F for 20mins. At the same time melt butter in large pot on medium and saute onion and carrot until dark golden brown-usually about 15 mins. Add garlic and shallot to pot and saute for 1 minute until fragrant.

Add broccoli and zucchini to pot. Add almond milk and enough chicken stock to almost cover the veggies but not quite. Usually 2-3 cups I think. Bring to a boil and then turn to low and simmer for 30mins. Puree the soup, salt and pepper to taste. I split it into 4 servings. I've made a double batch with success before too.
  • Tazaria87
    Options
    Hey all! I got an instant pot for Christmas from my granddaughters. I haven’t taken it out of the box yet. To all you instant pot users, do you have any suggestions of where to get recipes.

I usually just Google a recipe for whatever meat I want to use haha. "Chicken thigh instant pot recipe" and so on. Or, we really like asian style food so I have a lot of those types bookmarked on my phone. Honey sesame chicken is our current favorite. The instant pot also makes a fantastic roast and really quick soups.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,380 Member
    Options
    WEIGHT - 60.2kg 11 Jan. Steps - 11,324

Please post steps for 1/8 1/9 and 1/10 thank you
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    edited January 2021
    Options

www.Pintrest.com/instantpotrecipes
  • DawnCumm
    DawnCumm Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

1/10/21 steps = 5289
  • jimboden3
    jimboden3 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Regarding JimBoden3 Diet Plan Post

I am full of questions today. With your calories, do you save calories from the 5 days to allow the extra calories the other 2 days? I work on a calorie average for the week so I guess it would be similar but lately I have been having too many treats on the weekends which put me over the average for the week. I really like your diet guidelines. I have struggled for a while now but I set some simple goals for this month. I am working on my sleep, healthy snacks, a step goal and to track everything that I eat. These are what I did 2 years ago when I started so I guess I am going back to the basics.

Hi Linda - My plan to keeping under 2,000 calories / day for at least 5 days of the week and not to exceed 2,500 calories on any days isn't really geared towards 'letting loose' on the weekends - my goal is really to stay under 2,000 calories every day but the reality is that there will be times where it's just not feasible. for example tonight is The Ohio State University - Alabama championship game and my oldest daughter graduated last year from Ohio and was part of the Marching Band so I'm sure I'll have a beer or two watching the game (we're having Jambalaya tonight which isn't exactly low-cal - even with turkey sausage and brown rice) and I just don't have time everyday to work out for extended periods Mon-Fri so I know I'm going to go above 2,000 from time to time and that's OK as long as I keep it to 2 days max and make sure I don't exceed 2,500 net calories - that way I'm not going completely off the rails even though I stretched a bit. Bottom line, my plan gives me a little extra leeway to not get down on myself too much - as long as I rein it in a bit. Does that help explain my thinking?

Thanks - Jim

PS - Don't worry too much about having to get back to basics. Your best chance at achieving your goals are when your actions are based or built on a sound foundation. You can always add and refine your approach once you're comfortable that you're getting the 'main things' right. At least that's how I'm moving forward. Best of luck!
  • 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Steps 1/10: 15,995
  • 363days
    363days Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    @Tazaria87 What a wonderful blessing to be a part of a change that affects the entire family. I bet there is no better gift.
  • draby2011
    draby2011 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I need the following people's steps by the end of the day please so that I can do our weekly winners post

@Beautyofdreams 1/9
    @draby2011 1/7-1/9
    @Sripalbhansali 1/8 & 1/9
    @eaturpasta 1/8 & 1/9

Thank you for your cooperation :)

1/7: 3,932
    1/8: 9,541
    1/9: 5,415
    1/10:3,686
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    lcfa5317 wrote: »
    Weigh in day today - 193
    PW - 196
    Feeling better!
    Also, my mom is home from the hospital & feeling better too.
    Just picked up groceries & going home to chop up veggies - minestrone soup for lunch.

Awesome loss! I am glad to here your mom is doing better.

Tazaria87 wrote: »
    Daily Post January 10
    Tracked Yes
    Under Calorie Yes
    Water 100oz
    Steps 2312

Yesterday we spent the day at my parents house like we do most Sunday's and I got the best NSV I've had so far. I've inspired both my parents to start counting calories and eat better. I had the most incredible talk with my dad when it was just us (he's a lot bigger than my mom is) and I couldn't be happier that they are gonna give this a go. They even downloaded MFP and added me as a friend haha.

This is a great victory. It has to feel great to inspire your parents.

Z10Rtza wrote: »
    Crazy day today! My day started at 5 in the morning. I went to my new course and I met in person the people I'm going to be studying with.
    I went to the hospital to the Obesitascentrum and I spoke with the doctor and they are going to be checking me up in all the ways possible. I'm going to have an entire team of doctors working to help me. To see what makes me take more and more weight.
    I'm scared and excited at the same time.
    Tomorrow I will have another busy day starting at 5 in the morning. But hey! I did 5 meals 💚 I walked almost 20.000 steps💚 And I craved much less of everything 💚

You had a busy day. Did you get a chance to weigh in yet?
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Question

What is the number one thing you have changed or are going to continue to do to keep your weight loss journey on track for 2021?
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Question

What is the number one thing you have changed or are going to continue to do to keep your weight loss journey on track for 2021?

I changed my calories from 1850 to 1590 and I went back Keto :) I have more energy and I am hardly ever hungry :)
  • Case0099
    Case0099 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    CW 213.6
    PW 213.2
    LTD 31.4
This discussion has been closed.