This January “I Will...”. NEWCOMERS, begin here!

Replies

• MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,963 Member
    Hi All!
    We’re basically 2/3’s of the way through January!

Let’s make the MOST of the next 11 days!

Do you want to modify your “I Will”?

I have, as of Jan 16

Calories under 2K 🥰🥰🥰🥰
    Steps > 7K🥰🥰🥰🥰
    Protein in Dr range😘😘🥰
    Fiber in Dr range😘😘😘
    Sugars in my range🥰🥰🥰🥰
    Sodium in my range🥰🥰
    Sat Fat in my range 🥰🥰🥰🥰

Now waiting for scale to catch up! 😂😂
  • SuperMotivated56
    SuperMotivated56 Posts: 119 Member
    Hi everyone and a warm welcome to our new members :)

I'm a little late in posting this, nonetheless I am pleased to report that I successfully completed my third full week of no cereal! (Nor chocolate or lollies) I am pleased to say too that I feel that week 3 was a little easier than week 2. Here is my elation for week 3:
    twgox2ymyi7d.png

May you also experience a smoother ride as things progress for each of you:
    o90iqxtlhpw4.png

• PKM0515
    PKM0515 Posts: 2,937 Member
    edited January 2021
    1/15/21: M 🌟
    1/16/21: M 🌟
    1/17/21: M 🌟
    1/18/21: M 🚫 (AM good, PM not good)
    1/19/21: M 🚫 (AM good, PM not good)
    1/20/21: M 🌟
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Hi All!
    We’re basically 2/3’s of the way through January!

Let’s make the MOST of the next 11 days!

I am!

Created my 16-Day Plan, begun Jan 16...
    Goal: improve some food choices which should take off the pound.
    Status: calories definitely down, sugars down, sodium is coming down, steps are increasing Pleased❣️

As of Day 5:
    Calories under 2K 🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰
    Steps > 7K🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰
    Protein in Dr range😘😘🥰
    Fiber in Dr range🥰🥰😘🥰
    Sugars in my range🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰
    Sodium in my range😘😘😘
    Sat Fat in my range 🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰

How are you doing?
  • SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,780 Member
    edited January 2021
    Hi all. @MadisonMolly2017 it looks like your hip is behaving itself and allowing you to get your steps in. I find that when I am on a "rest" break is when it is hardest to keep my hunger in check. You are in your maintenance range tho correct or are you still looking to lose more?

I am happy with my I will for January. And have found ways to be consistent so even if my approach has altered slightly the habits are the same. And I also continue to do my photo filing and favoriting which was something I started last year.

@pkm0515 to me you are doing quite well. Progress is keeping track of even the bad days and getting back to it after a couple bad days. In the long term scheme of things you can do like @nebslp and give yourself a % grade at the end of the month vs trying for perfection (because lord knows that leads to failure if we are too hard on ourselves for being human).

@SuperMotivated56 looks like you are doing well this month with your I wills. I am not a huge motivational meme person but the baby is adorable! (too many years working in corporations).

SummerinRainyTx
  • PKM0515
    Thanks, @SummerSkier!

1/21/21: M 🚫 (AM good, PM not good)

🔝 This is ending today ("this" being "🚫").

Also, even though January is drawing to a close, I'm adding 10 minutes of exercise before 10 a.m. for the rest of the month. I'll be continuing both of these in February.

Happy Friday, Friends! 🌼 💕
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,329 Member
    Hi everyone! I hope 2021 is starting out well for you! I need to go back and catch up but will try to do that a little each day.

I'm jumping in late with my January goal, but I don't want to wait until February, so I am going to list my January goal and bring it into February with me. I'm still struggling to get used to not having a job. So, I really need to focus on a morning routine. l I need to tackle it in small steps, so for January I am going to work on getting up at a consistent time and not sleeping late every day. Sounds like something I should just be doing anyway, right? I cannot tell you how hard this has become... UGH!

1. My goal for this month (This January I will..."): I will work on consistently getting out of bed by 7:00 a.m.
    2. The small actions I’ll be taking to accomplish this goal I will set my alarm for 30 minutes earlier than my normal wake-up time. When I consistently get up at that earlier time, I will set the alarm to go off earlier by 30 minute increments until I am consistently getting up by 7:00 a.m.
    3. The trigger or cue to remember to do my habit: When I plug my phone in at night, I will check that the alarm is set.
    4. How often will you do your new habit (daily is best if possible) Daily
    5. What reward will you immediately give yourself for doing your habit? I will place a checkmark for that day in my daily planner habit tracker.
    6. What help would you like from us? Ideally, you could show up every morning with Starbucks and ring my doorbell... but I will settle for you just being your wonderful encouraging selves. :mrgreen:
    7. What does success look like to you at the end of January/February? I will be waking up at 7:00 without the alarm and will be enjoying more hours in each day!

Have a wonderful day, everyone!
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Hi All!

Great addition @PKM0515!!
    One of my mottos is “Every Day Counts!” Good for you for capitalizing on the rest of January!

@PackerFanInGB
    Great to hear from you! We will be cheering you on!

(My husband and I took a different approach (he’s still working but from home)! & we let ourselves gravitate to our natural sleep cycle hours. For me, with the effect of nighttime meds, that means 12-1:15 bedtime & 8-10 awakening. (Night owls) I was just thinking yesterday that this is one of the greatest benefits of retirement! I love the different approach each of us takes! Humans are awesome!

TEN days left in January. Lots of time to make a small habit change!
    10. 10. 10. 10. 10. 10. 10. 10. 10. 10
    So, there are 36.5 10-day sprints in a year! If I lose 0.1 lb per sprint, I’ll be down 3.65 pounds. 3500 cals x 0.1 is 350 calories or a 35 calorie deficit per day.

I can do that!

Let’s make the MOST of the next 10 days!

I have!

Created my 16-Day Plan, begun Jan 16...
    Goal: improve some food choices which should take off the pound.
    Status: calories definitely down, sugars down, sodium is coming down, steps are increasing Pleased❣️

As of Day 5:
    Calories under 2K ..🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰|🥰
    Steps > 7K..............🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰|🥰
    Protein in DR....................😘😘🥰|🥰
    Fiber in DR...................🥰🥰😘🥰|😘
    Sugars in my range.🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰|🥰
    Sodium in my range..........😘😘😘|🥰
    Sat Fat in my range 🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰|🥰

This hasn’t been easy, but this little tracker has been SO HELPFUL & I have definitely made huge progress since I started it 6 days ago. Every Day Counts!

🥰= perfect, nailed it
    😘= in pretty good range - definite improvement, but keep working on it
    = out of range. Focus on this tomorrow. Make a plan

So today I’m working to keep all as they were yesterday, but decrease fiber just 4 grams more!!

I’m determined not to do my January/February weight creep or even gain.
  • PKM0515
    I love all the enthusiasm about ending January on the right note! Great ideas being shared here. 💕
  • PKM0515
    1/21/21: M 🚫 (AM good, PM not good)
    1/22/21: M 🌟, E 🌟

Have a lovely weekend, Everyone! 💖
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 7,732 Member
    @PackerFanInGB , I’ll be at you door with the Starbucks at 7. 🤣

@clcommander14 welcome. I have a couple suggestions. I have put my favorite dessert items in plastic bags with a question mark on them. It just reminds me to think before I eat that thing. I’ve had the problem of “remembering “ I wasn’t going to have dessert after I’ve eaten it.

@MadisonMolly2017 you idea about 10 day sprints is brilliant.

@SuperMotivated56 that baby is my favorite gif! Kudos to you for resisting those temptations!

@PKM0515 good going!

Thanks for all the fun encouragement @SummerSkier

My goal for the month has been going great.

wt93tycj0ovu.jpeg
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,329 Member
    77tes wrote: »

This made me giggle... Boy, wouldn't I be surprised! Haha! :smiley:

@MadisonMolly2017 I really would rather sleep until my natural wake up time, but my husband is an early riser and I'm a night owl, so I thought I'd give it a try to get us on somewhat the same schedule. He's always ready to go about the time I'm crawling out of bed. So, we will see... :smile:
  • MadisonMolly2017
    77tes wrote: »

This made me giggle... Boy, wouldn't I be surprised! Haha! :smiley:

@MadisonMolly2017 I really would rather sleep until my natural wake up time, but my husband is an early riser and I'm a night owl, so I thought I'd give it a try to get us on somewhat the same schedule. He's always ready to go about the time I'm crawling out of bed. So, we will see... :smile:

@PackerFanInGB
    One suggestion to take or leave...make small earlier time shifts one at a time over a few days or a week each - I call it “fool my body!”
  • 77tes
    Oh I forgot to post my carb log

January 1 - net carbs 107g 🎖
    January 2 - net carbs 81g 🎖
    January 3 - net carbs 82g 🎖
    January 4 - net carbs 76g 🎖
    January 5 - net carbs 81g 🎖
    January 6 - net carbs 85g 🎖
    January 7- net carbs 65g 🤩🎖
    January 8 - net carbs 94g 🎖
    January 9 - net carbs 69g 🎖
    January 10 - net carbs 98g🎖
    January 11 - net carbs 100g🎖
    January 12 - net carbs 104g 🎖
    January 13 - net carbs 81g 🎖
    January 14 - net carbs 75g 🎖
    January 15 - net carbs 95g 🎖
    January 16 - net carbs 66g 🤩🎖
    January 17 - net carbs 64g 🤩🎖
    January 18 - net carbs 64g 🤩🎖
    January 19 - net carbs 76g 🎖
    January 20 - net carbs 77g 🎖
    January 21 - net carbs 81g 🎖
    January 22 - net carbs 87g 🎖
  • SummerSkier
    Good Morning all! Nice to see such great activity as we creep towards the end of January!

Welcome back #packerfaninGB I like you ideas about sleeping. and the comments from others are great!
    @77tes congrats on your carbs lowering this month. Do you feel any different?
    @PKM0515 sometimes just coming in and posting the stars is enough to motivate me, LOL. I see you there
    @nebslp how is this half of january going? Is your son doing ok? One of my employees lost her sense of smell on Tuesday last week and tested positive so now she is out for at least 10 days. Has no idea where she might have caught it either... dammit.

@themedalist how are those weekly letters going? Hopefully in person visits soon. Have your parents been vaccinated yet? I am so jealous of all the ones who already have had two! I fear it will be several more months before it's my turn.

@MadisonMolly2017 interesting that your weight creep happens Jan/Feb. I think the rest of the entire planet gorges from Halloween until New Years day and then starts a diet. again. I bet that scale catches up to where it is supposed to be this week!

SummerneedstoRUN!
  • 77tes
    @SummerSkier reducing my carbs has helped a lot - I haven’t logged a headache yet this month (knock on wood).
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Hi All!
    Please take 5 seconds & respond to the question in the “Ever Onwards Declutterfest 2021” discussion, so I know if anyone is interested in February Declutterfest.

Happy to postpone if folks aren’t interested.

Thanks
    Maddie
  • nebslp
    nebslp Posts: 1,646 Member
    edited January 2021
    Hydration: January. M morning, A afternoon, N night
    1 M🌟 A🌟 N🌟
    2 M🌟 A🌟 N🌟
    3 M🌟 A🌟 N🌟
    4 M🌟 A🌟 N🌟
    5 M🌟 A🌟 N🌟
    6 M🌟 A🌟 N🌟
    7 M🌟 A🌟 N🌟
    8 M🌟 A🌟 N🌟
    Tweak: log M and N only
    9 M🌟 N🌟
    10 M🌟 N🌟
    11 M🌟 N🌟
    12 M🌟 N🌟
    Updating on computer/no star icon (or eye roll) so will use sunglasses instead.
    13 M B) N B)
    14 M B) N B)
    15 M B) N B)
    16 M B) N B)
    17 M :o N B)
    18 M B) N B)
    19 M B) N B)
    20 M B) N B)
    21 M :o N B)
    22 M B) N B)
    23 M B)
  • nebslp
    nebslp Posts: 1,646 Member
    Just lost my post :s Anyway, to sum it up, all is good here and it looks like you're all doing great! One more week to increase our percentage if we don't find it acceptable. I shoot for 70% so am considering this month a win so far.
  • SummerSkier
    Oh my! I had to go back and entire page to find my last update! Nice going everyone.

1/1 = M 🌟, Noon 🌟, N 🌟 F 🌟, B 🌟
    1/2 = M 🌟, Noon 🌟, N 🌟 F 🌟, B 🌟
    1/3 = M 🌟, Noon 🌟, N 🌟 F 🌟, B 🌟
    1/4 = M 🌟, Noon 🌟, N 🌟 F 🌟, B 🌟
    1/5 = M 🌟, Noon 🌟, N 🌟 F 🌟, B 🌟
    1/6 = M 🌟, Noon 🌟, N 🌟 F 🌟, B 🌟
    1/7 = M 🌟, Noon 🌟, N 🌟 F NA 🌟, B x
    1/8 = M 🌟, Noon 🌟, N 🌟 F 🌟, B 🌟
    1/9 = M 🌟, Noon 🌟, N 🌟 F 🌟, B 🌟
    1/10 = M 🌟, Noon 🌟, N 🌟 F 🌟, B 🌟
    1/11 = M 🌟, Noon 🌟, N 🌟 F 🌟, B 🌟
    1/12 = M 🌟, Noon 🌟, N 🌟 F 🌟, B 🌟
    1/13 = M 🌟, Noon 🌟, N 🌟 F 🌟, B 🌟
    1/14 = M 🌟, Noon 🌟, N 🌟 F 🌟, B 🌟
    1/15 = M 🌟, Noon 🌟, N 🌟 F 🌟, B 🌟
    1/16 = M 🌟, Noon 🌟, N 🌟 F 🌟, B 🌟
    1/17 = M 🌟, Noon 🌟, N 🌟 F 🌟, B 🌟
    1/18 = M 🌟, Noon 🌟, N 🌟 F 🌟, B 🌟
    1/19 = M 🌟, Noon 🌟, N 🌟 F 🌟, B 🌟
    1/20 = M 🌟, Noon 🌟, N 🌟 F 🌟, B 🌟
    1/21 = M 🌟, Noon 🌟, N 🌟 F 🌟, B 🌟
    1/22 = M 🌟, Noon 🌟, N 🌟 F 🌟, B 🌟
    1/23 = M 🌟, Noon 🌟, N 🌟 F 🌟, B 🌟

Hope everyone is having a great Sunday. And Maddie is having trouble remembering it is still January I think. B)