Downsizers - January 2021 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Steps 1/20: 14,865

I haven't been very consistent in meeting my steps goal (15,000...so very close yesterday). It might be time to reaffirm some goals on paper. 😉
  • 888Angie888
    Options
    Weigh Day Thursday
    CW: 242.0
    PW: 243.8
    YTD: -3.4
    LTD: -28.0
  • rlaskey2
    rlaskey2 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Steps 9,559

Did my power ignite workout which was tough but good. Dinner was Italian turkey meatball and ditilini soup. I have been following the skinnytaste meal plan for 5 weeks. It has been great in helping me reduce carbs and cheese in my meals. Success is based on choosing snacks well since the meal plan includes breakfast, lunch and dinner at approx 1,000 calories.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,862 Member
    edited January 2021
    Options

I haven't been very consistent in meeting my steps goal (15,000...so very close yesterday). It might be time to reaffirm some goals on paper. 😉

Would you like to change your step goal ?
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    @lelbarou - Sorry if I missed it but I am missing steps on 1/18
  • 888Angie888
    Options

Would you like to change your step goal ?

I'll stick to the 15,000. I just need to kick myself in the rear-end a little bit🙂.
  • mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    Options
    @azkunk - thank you I’m really trying ❤️

@lindamtuck2018 - thanks GF I’ve certainly struggles with the hair washing. Mike had to help me take my sports bra off 🤣🤣

@363days - Thank you. Honestly I have no idea how quickly measurements start changing after starting workouts. Thanks for the reminder I will do that this week so I can also have starting measurements.
  • DawnCumm
    DawnCumm Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

1/20 steps= 6,280
  • Beautyofdreams
    Beautyofdreams Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    1/21

Food logged.
    Under calories.
    Drank 96 oz. water.
    Slept 8 hours.
    No exercise. :(

@Bluetail6 Lee, I emphasize with the 1200 calories is so little. The highest amount MFP has ever given me is 1240 and I am 5'7" for crying out loud. Can't even lose a pound on 1200 now unless I exercise and net calories are under 1200. You have the right idea about eating and life balance. Wishing you continued success.

@Megan_smartiepants1970 glad you are feeling better. So sorry that the PT care was so poor. Can you find another one that your insurance will cover that you would like better? Your long walks with Aspen are so inspiring but hate to think how much pain you are in.

Will make a point to get to the rec center tomorrow for exercise. Am having supper with my sister and her husband and know it will be a big meal with desert. Time to practice portion control. Overeating is really common for me in these situations because I cook like a bachelor and everyone else's cooking is so much better than mine. Will make it a point to be mindful.

Tell me what do you think is age appropriate clothing and colors for an over 50 woman? I was reading an article that pretty much stated that if the clothing wasn't black, gray, camel or navy that you should not wear it. And if it was on trend that you shouldn't wear it. It makes me sad because when I was able to buy regular sizes, I bought clothes that were colorful and made me smile. Just the whole article made me feel like I should be covered from throat to toe and wear minimal makeup to try to blend into the background. It is just like when you are a certain size you are expected to dress to not draw attention to yourself. Why do some people want so many women to be invisible?
  • 363days
    363days Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    @mari_moulin That would be very interesting to know how quick you ladies, who are starting to use weights, see a difference. It might get me motivated to try it, too.

• 363days
    Options
    @Beautyofdreams Wow, I bet you ARE hungry at 1240 being 5'7". That doesn't seem like much. I set my calories at 1400 but try to do around 1200 - it's a mental thing. If I get around 1200 I feel great, but if I am over 1200 it gives me a little flexibility without going over goal.
  • 363days
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970 Thanks for the recipe for the stuffed poblano peppers. It looks so easy! I'm going to try those this weekend instead of ordering out Mexican food, and see if that keeps me from gaining so much from the sodium, etc. Can't wait.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    edited January 2021
    Options
    363days wrote: »
    @Megan_smartiepants1970 Thanks for the recipe for the stuffed poblano peppers. It looks so easy! I'm going to try those this weekend instead of ordering out Mexican food, and see if that keeps me from gaining so much from the sodium, etc. Can't wait.

You are very welcome .... I was going to make it for dinner tonight but I am not all that hungry so will make it tomorrow night ...a short cut is to use a rotisserie chicken ( i bought 2 garlic herb ones) and it uses 3 peppers but you cut them in half to have 6 servings
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    1/21

Food logged.
    Under calories.
    Drank 96 oz. water.
    Slept 8 hours.
    No exercise. :(

@Bluetail6 Lee, I emphasize with the 1200 calories is so little. The highest amount MFP has ever given me is 1240 and I am 5'7" for crying out loud. Can't even lose a pound on 1200 now unless I exercise and net calories are under 1200. You have the right idea about eating and life balance. Wishing you continued success.

@Megan_smartiepants1970 glad you are feeling better. So sorry that the PT care was so poor. Can you find another one that your insurance will cover that you would like better? Your long walks with Aspen are so inspiring but hate to think how much pain you are in.

Will make a point to get to the rec center tomorrow for exercise. Am having supper with my sister and her husband and know it will be a big meal with desert. Time to practice portion control. Overeating is really common for me in these situations because I cook like a bachelor and everyone else's cooking is so much better than mine. Will make it a point to be mindful.

Tell me what do you think is age appropriate clothing and colors for an over 50 woman? I was reading an article that pretty much stated that if the clothing wasn't black, gray, camel or navy that you should not wear it. And if it was on trend that you shouldn't wear it. It makes me sad because when I was able to buy regular sizes, I bought clothes that were colorful and made me smile. Just the whole article made me feel like I should be covered from throat to toe and wear minimal makeup to try to blend into the background. It is just like when you are a certain size you are expected to dress to not draw attention to yourself. Why do some people want so many women to be invisible?

Thanks @Beautyofdreams ...I am feeling better just have a headache and congestion ...I cancelled due to having several medical issues...they said I could go back when feeling better but I probably won't since it isn't an injury it is something I was born with
  • lelbarou
    lelbarou Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    Hi Megan. I hope you are well.
    I have 0 steps for Jan. 18.
    I must have not used my fitbit or just been super lazy! LOL
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    lelbarou wrote: »
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    Hi Megan. I hope you are well.
    I have 0 steps for Jan. 18.
    I must have not used my fitbit or just been super lazy! LOL

Hi Laura ..I am feeling a little bit better ..still have a headache and congestion
  • GottaDUMPmyRUMP
    GottaDUMPmyRUMP Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    CHECK IN: Week 3 (Thursday)
    🏋🏻‍♀️ Exercise ✔️
    🥤 96 oz. Water ✔️
    🍽 Under Calories ✔️
    💤 Sleep ✔️

👣 STEPS
    THURS. 1/21: 16,250 (spinning) + 11,029 = 27,279
  • Bluetail6
    Bluetail6 Posts: 2,874 Member
    Options
    @Beautyofdreams
    I'm 5'6". The good news is when I am at maintenance, I'll get to add calories back!! :)

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    I'm hoping you feel better really soon!! <3
  • Bluetail6
    Bluetail6 Posts: 2,874 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018

PW: 164.2
    CW: 163.2
    LTD: 31
  • lelbarou
    lelbarou Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Jan. 21
    Logging - yes
    exercise - yes
    Steps - 8601

Hi all!
    Doing pretty well. I wanted to respond to some posts.

@azkunk congratulations on hitting the 30lbs pound mark! Awesome!

@iradi8 congrats on hitting the 45 pound marks. Woohoo! Nice!

@Bluetail6
    I really think you are doing awesome. Good on you for taking the bull by the horns and making your own way through the weight loss maze. I think upping calories and going more slowly to meet your nutritional needs is just wonderful! Good decision! Impressive!

@lindamtuck2018
    I'm sorry to hear that your back is still botherring you. I hope you can get a little rest so you can decrease the pain level. As far of substance reading, I also ordered siliver linings playbook from the library which is not a serious book so I try to balance.

@Beautyofdreams
    Wow! 1200 calories for someone who is 5.7 seems like very little indeed.
    I wonder if this is taking into account exercise. It seems very low to me.
    If you are exercising, I think you can add a couple hundred calories.
    I don't think I could comfortably go this low. However, I am very overweight now
    so I can eat 1800 which is much easier to manage. Even though I am given 1800 i sometimes eat more, sometimes less.

Secondly, I applaud you for recognizing that society wants women to be :invisible. Who made this rule that women over 50 can't wear colorful and interesting clothing??? Goodness, that sounds very repressive! I think being an individulal, being different and being yourself is really important. I would like to tell however wrote that article to just screw off. Wear what makes you happy and be yourself! Be colourful, stand out and be happy!

@Megan_smartiepants70
    I'm sorry you are still eperiencing headaches and congestion. I hope you feel better soon!
This discussion has been closed.