• brandi_84
    brandi_84 Posts: 1,963 Member
    1/19/2021
    Tracked: yes
    Under: yes
    Exercise: yes
    Water: 80
    Steps: 5208

whew - yesterday was a BIG challenge because we found a huge problem at work that will keep me scrambling for at least a week and I DID NOT RESORT TO STRESS EATING while dealing with it. That's a first for me. Usually when stuff like that comes up I grab handfuls of whatever and eat while working through the issues. I'm so proud of me.

Now to stick with that for the rest of the time we work on the issue - it's very challenging. I think planning out meals will help, and making sure I eat on time, too. I tend to get busy and either munch whatever or skip eating until I get a headache.

ON I GO!

@annabananamc Way to go! You should be proud of you! I hope you don't have too much stress for too long.
  • brandi_84
    1/20/21
    Exercise: yes - 30 min beachbody video before work and ran 1.25 miles after work
    Steps: 11,654
    Water: 152oz

@mooreshelly09 I am so sorry for your loss. My thoughts are with you and your family . TBBT is here for you.

It looks like you had a good fitness day.
  • brandi_84
    I'm a little behind on posts this week. I have been working to get into a workout routine and get some chores done. I started losing steam yesterday. A good night's sleep and I am feeling motivated again.
  • brandi_84
    edited January 2021
    Prehistoricmoongoddess

Wednesday
    LW 150.0lbs
    CW 150.4lbs

Oops

@prehistoricmoongoddess
    Basically a maintain. Not bad at all. I know you haven't been able to be at your usual fitness level. I hope your leg is continuing to get better.
  • maryc11
    maryc11 Posts: 415 Member
    user name = maryc11
    Date = Thursday 1.21.21 6:27PM
    Tracked = Yes
    Under = Yes
    Water = 68 oz
    Steps = 3379
  • mooreshelly09
    mooreshelly09 Posts: 901 Member
    1/21/21
    Exercise: yes - 30 min beachbody video
    Steps: 9,298

@brandi_84 Thank you. I never thought I would say that exercise is therapeutic but, I look forward to it. Helps me to de-stress.
  • erikNJ
    erikNJ Posts: 1,009 Member
    Challenge 1/21
    tracked: yes
    under: yes
    exercise: yes

Sun: y/y/y
    Mon: y/y/n
    Tue: y/y/y
    Wed: y/y/n
    Thu: y/y/y

Been having a horrible time trying to get on this message board on the app
  • Krysless2
    Krysless2 Posts: 1,904 Member
    erikNJ wrote: »
    Challenge 1/21
    tracked: yes
    under: yes
    exercise: yes

Sun: y/y/y
    Mon: y/y/n
    Tue: y/y/y
    Wed: y/y/n
    Thu: y/y/y

Been having a horrible time trying to get on this message board on the app
    Same!!
    Hopefully they get the kinks worked out soon!
  • mooreshelly09
    mooreshelly09 Posts: 901 Member
    mooreshelly09
    Friday
    Week 3
    P/W: 205.6
    C/W: 205.6

**Any ideas to break a plateau??? I have tried more carbs, less carbs, changing up my exercise.
    There has been no movement in going on 2 months :s
  • DaffyGirl88
    DaffyGirl88 Posts: 4,466 Member
    Thursday 22 Jan
    Track: yes

Steps: 7763
    Water: 100 oz
  • DaffyGirl88
    Weigh in Week 3
    PW: 141.4
    CW: 140.9
  • maryc11
    maryc11 Posts: 415 Member
    Maryc11
    Friday 1.22.21 6:10am
    Jan Start weight = 239
    Jan week 1 = 226.4
    Jan week 2 = 223.4
    Jan week 3 = 223.1

***sigh***
  • DaffyGirl88
    maryc11 wrote: »
    Maryc11
    Jan Start weight = 239
    Jan week 1 = 226.4
    Jan week 2 = 223.4
    Jan week 3 = 223.1

***sigh***

@maryc11 Don't sigh!! It's still going down, and probably to be expected after a couple of great weeks. Hang in there!
  • annabananamc
    annabananamc Posts: 415 Member
    Is it ok to delay my weigh-in by a day? I woke up this morning and something is going on. I'm bloated and can't even get my rings off. I am hoping it passes (literally) soon!
  • DaffyGirl88
    1/21/21
    Exercise: yes - 30 min beachbody video
    Steps: 9,298

@brandi_84 Thank you. I never thought I would say that exercise is therapeutic but, I look forward to it. Helps me to de-stress.

@mooreshelly09 Exercise is VERY therapeutic, I shudder to think of grouchy person that I would be without it. I used to ride my bike every day after work leaving from my office (when I used to GO to an office :/ ) and the trees along the first couple of miles could probably tell some stories! ;)
  • cmhubbard92
    cmhubbard92 Posts: 5,018 Member
    Is it ok to delay my weigh-in by a day? I woke up this morning and something is going on. I'm bloated and can't even get my rings off. I am hoping it passes (literally) soon!

@annabananamc no worries! Hope it passes soon!
  • cmhubbard92
    maryc11 wrote: »
    Maryc11
    Jan Start weight = 239
    Jan week 1 = 226.4
    Jan week 2 = 223.4
    Jan week 3 = 223.1

***sigh***

@maryc11 you are down 16 pounds for the month, that's an average of over 5 pounds each week. That is absolutely nothing to sigh about!

For reference, I started my weight loss in November 2018 at 246.0 and it has been a very up and down journey. I had months with a 15 pound loss, months with a 2 pound loss, and some months with a gain. I am in the mid 160s now, and I am grateful for all I've learned along the way, no matter how slow things have gone at times.

Trust what you're doing! Weight loss is not a straight line. And I can guarantee you have lost these 16 pounds faster than you put them on. Keep doing what you are doing, and you are headed on the right path.

Also, I've found in the past, losing too fast in a short amount of time (2014, 70 pounds in 5 months) makes it almost impossible to develop good habits and learn how to maintain. That is why, by 2018, I had gained all but two pounds back. This time, I'm losing much slower, and I'm learning how to indulge on special occasions :)
    tn7u8vf6abc6.jpg
  • cmhubbard92
    erikNJ wrote: »
    I notice a lot of us are around a maintain or small losses this week. We just won back to back weeks in the challenge cause we all had big losses. It’s natural for the body to do this. It is very hard to keep having big losses week after week after week. Especially coming after the Christmas/New Year holidays where people tend to not do well with health.

Keep working at it. The weight will drop with consistency, even if the losses are small

@erikNJ you are so right. We had a very successful week 1 & 2, and it is completely expected for us to have a low week! We are doing great this month, and just have to keep working at it! :)
  • annabananamc
    annabananamc Posts: 415 Member
    Yesterday was a good day, by the numbers:

1/21/2021
    Water: 80
    Steps: 5274
This discussion has been closed.