Discover what's new & improved in the MyFitnessPal app!
We’re dedicated to helping you achieve your health and nutrition goals. And our newest features and updates? They do just that. Learn how we're making tracking your progress easier, faster, and more motivating than ever.

Jumpstart January 2021

Options
15678911»

Replies

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 41,710 Member
    Options
    1/28 & 1/29 food okay ....hopefully can get back to my walks tomorrow ...I am missing them
  • taylok23
    taylok23 Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    1/28-1/29
    Calories have been okay but I would have liked a deficit rather than breaking even the last two days. I’ve been feeling hungrier though. Carbs and protein have been fine as has my activity. I get the sense I won’t drop much this week so I’ll see come Tuesday morning. The trick will be to stay consistent over the weekend.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    1/30 food on point and I will be going out for a walk in a little bit with my daughter and my husky ..I am excited to get back out there :) ...it has been about 2 weeks when I got sick
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    Options
    Ugh, I've totally not been posting since I haven't managed to log in Jan for some reason. You all are doing great and I plan to join in Feb/on Mon.
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    Mrs_Hoffer Posts: 5,194 Member
    Options
    Today I walked 3 hours outside (8.64 miles). The temp was 33(F) but I layered up well. The only thing that was cold was my face! I also did 10 mins on the rebounder.

On another note, I joined a weekend challenge and committed to walk 50k steps over the 2 day weekend. I'm on schedule after one day with 28k steps so far. :smiley:
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    1/30 food on point and I will be going out for a walk in a little bit with my daughter and my husky ..I am excited to get back out there :) ...it has been about 2 weeks when I got sick

We walked 6.07 miles today ...it felt great to get back out there :)
  • tishsmith101
    tishsmith101 Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    For 1/28-today

1) Log food and exercise daily - logged every day. That part was a success. Working out regularly is better but will need to increase time.
    2) Cal deficit of 500 - Really glad I started tracking this.
    3) Total carbs under 50 - all but one day the whole month!!!!!

SW 176
    CW 171.5 I am perfectly ok with this. Gives me a great jumping off point for tomorrow <3
    GW 169
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    Mrs_Hoffer Posts: 5,194 Member
    Options
    Today I walked 90 mins on the treadmill; did 40 mins on the rebounder, and 60 mins dancing to the oldies! For the step challenge that I committed 50k steps to, I'm pleased to announce that I made 53k this weekend! Whew! I'm beat! Tomorrow is a rest day!
  • taylok23
    taylok23 Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    1/30-1/31
    Carbs, calories, protein and closing watch rings 👍🏻

Two good days for carbs and protein but I wanted to eat all the food being stuck inside and boredom was creeping in. I stayed within goal but it was a challenge. I’ve had some cravings that I fought this month so I want to continue to see what the trigger may be. I’ll weigh in Tuesday for my competition to see how I ended the month but overall feel pretty good about it.
  • jennordhavn
    jennordhavn Posts: 88 Member
    edited February 2021
    Options
    1/31
    1. Track everything ✅
    2. 55-70 G protein ✅ (exceeded at 75 G)
    3. Under 50 net carbs ✅ (46 net)
    4. 1200 - 1250 calories ❌ (1,443)
    5. 64 oz water/decaf liquids ❌ (55 oz)
    6. Lose 6 1/2 pounds ✅ (9.4)