• Tazaria87
    Tazaria87 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    2/02

Logged all food.
    Stayed within calorie budget.
    Drank 96 oz. water.
    Moved for 20 minutes.

I am feeling like a fraud today. All my insecurities about my weight are out in full force. Normally I feel pretty confident that I can lose weight and that I am now an average size (10)
    and that I will keep on exercising and eating within calories.
    Today, for the second time since last March, I am having doubts. I feel like an obese person masquerading as a normal weight person. Wondering how long before old habits creep back and if I can reach goal weight? The irony of this is that I have lost a total of 69.7 lbs and have 18.3 lbs to go before reaching the ideal weight for my height.
    So embarrassed to say this, but hope this is okay to admit.

Never feel embarrassed to admit when you're struggling. We're a group of people who definitely understand! I go through this too, have had the same thoughts recently. Sometimes I look at myself in the mirror and think I look great and other times all I can see is the obese person I've always been. Like somehow the hard work and weight loss was a dream. I've tried to lose weight so many times, sometimes partially successfully, but I've always failed somewhere along the way and reverted back to old habits gaining back anything I lost and usually more.

This time is different because it has to be. This has to finally be the end of starting over. There is no fail this time. I too am getting close to goal, though I'm a little farther than you are. Feel the feelings you have, and then let them go. You got this
  • heatherbluebell
    heatherbluebell Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    @littleflutterby
    It sucks seeing those ‘set backs’ but someone recently told me this, and it helped. Losing weight is not a race, it’s a marathon. On the long haul, there are bound to be ‘rest periods’ or ‘down times’, but what’s important is to keep on going!

@beautyofdreams
    I think it’s important for people to be able to express themselves without judgment. It’s great that you reached out and you were honest about how you’re feeling. When I lost a bunch of weight a few years ago, I remember a friend telling me she thought I had body dysmorphic disorder, because in a conversation, it was obvious I still thought of myself as my biggest self. It was eye opening. But I certainly understand the feeling like you’re an imposter, or this isn’t the real you. But it is!! I hope now that you’ve voiced it, it’ll start having less power over you.

I’ve been stressed because of work, but I had a really productive day, so I’m feeling great about that. My kitty is also on the mend and only had me up once over the night. I’m hoping I can sleep through the night tonight. Because I expressed some goals yesterday, I found myself thinking more about it today, and made more of an effort! It snowed today, and though I’m not going to make my step goal today, I knew after a very sedentary day, if I shoveled both my neighbour’s city walks including my own, I’d get in a few more steps. So that’s what I did!

✔️48 oz. water/day
    ✔️ One healthy snack/day
    ❓ In bed by 10:30 three nights this week. It’s 9:40 now, so if I start packing things up, I can make it tonight!!
    ✔️ Check in daily with this group
    4,000 steps today

I hope everyone has a great day tomorrow!
  • Beautyofdreams
    Beautyofdreams Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    Thank you @Tazaria87, your reply perfectly sums up what I am feeling now. This is the second time that I have lost weight(lost 93 lbs in 2010/2011) and find myself comparing current progress to a premenopausal me.

@heatherbluebell , thank you. I actually think see a mix of large and smaller bits. My belly and thighs are quite fluffy while the rest of me feels firm. All encased in a lot of loose saggy skin. Oh, the joys of post menopause!

• rlaskey2
    rlaskey2 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    CW :184.6
    PW: 183.6
    SW: 187.2

Steps: 2/1 11,428
    2/2 8,707

Disappointed in gain but feeling bloated. Must be TOM. I have been sticking with all my workouts and meal plan. Need to reevaluate snacks choices. Hope everyone is having a good week!
  • scribb
    scribb Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    Yesterday's steps 10,032
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,508 Member
    Options
    @iradi8
    Look at you go! Onderland is in sight and I am so excited for you.

@azkunk
    It is so hard to let go of our fur babies. I lost Molly last March and I still miss her everyday. I adopted her at 13 and only got to spend 8 months of loving her. I hope the appointment goes as well as it can and I am sending you a hug.

@Beautyofdreams
    It is more than ok to admit how you are feeling. As a team we are here to understand, listen and offer suggestions. I go through this also. One thing I find that helps is to look at before and after pictures. My daughter will always send me a picture when I express this to her. I lost a good bit of weight in 2000 and I also find myself comparing my progress both times. It is hard to for forget the changes our body has gone through since then. Menopause being a particularly big one.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    @kdlgiannoulis
    I have a megaphone and am prepared to yell if need. A loss is a loss, congrats!

@rlaskey2
    I think you found you answer for the gain. Great job sticking to your workouts and meal plan.
  • azkunk
    azkunk Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    @Beautyofdreams - you lost every single one of those pounds through hard work, determination and will power. You did that, no one else. You are strong and should allow yourself to celebrate that loss. You are a new person both mentally and physically. Let go of that old you with all of those doubts and negative feelings. Feel the proud of where you are now. You have the tools to reach your goal and maintain it. My health coach make me set goals each week for nutrition, fitness and mindfulness. I am not the best in the mindfulness realm but I have been trying daily affirmations and they do make a difference.

@jimboden3 - that’s really cool. Thanks for sharing

@kdlgiannoulis - a loss is a loss 🤩

@rlaskey2 - great job staying on track. That excess water weight will come off by next weigh-in

@lindamtuck2018 - thank you
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Tuesday’s check in
    Steps 4,514 ✅
    Sleep ✅
    Water ✅
    Track ✅

Guys, I am still struggling with hunger and again i was over calories. I tracked it all though. 😊 I would appreciate some suggestions from you all. I am particularly looking for a carb I can eat at my bedtime snack. I have the protein down pat. What are some of your night snacks? I am afraid the hunger is going to turn into binges.

I walked the hallway once yesterday and I am aiming to do it twice today. Hopefully, another all green day tomorrow!

Happy Hump Day!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    i6h8unx8i6jn.jpeg

Now that we found what pushed you to begin your journey let’s learn about your plans.

What diet plan are you following? ie keto, calorie counting, WW
  • azkunk
    Options
    Tuesday’s check in
    Steps 4,514 ✅
    Sleep ✅
    Water ✅
    Track ✅

Guys, I am still struggling with hunger and again i was over calories. I tracked it all though. 😊 I would appreciate some suggestions from you all. I am particularly looking for a carb I can eat at my bedtime snack. I have the protein down pat. What are some of your night snacks? I am afraid the hunger is going to turn into binges.

I walked the hallway once yesterday and I am aiming to do it twice today. Hopefully, another all green day tomorrow!

Happy Hump Day!

I often have microwave popcorn or an apple with peanut butter
  • azkunk
    Options
    i6h8unx8i6jn.jpeg

Now that we found what pushed you to begin your journey let’s learn about your plans.

I am counting macros and consulting a health coach. It is definitely keeping me focused and on track.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,419 Member
    Options
    Tuesday’s check in
    Steps 4,514 ✅
    Sleep ✅
    Water ✅
    Track ✅

Happy Hump Day!

I have a handful of some type of nut...walnuts, almonds or my favorite pistachios ( I am known to eat to many of these)... I bought the ones without the shell this time and eat 1/4 of a cup either on salads or by themselves :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,419 Member
    Options
    i6h8unx8i6jn.jpeg

I follow the Keto Diet.... Since I was struggling with really bad migraines and I was type 2 diabetic ...I came back to the Keto diet which has put me at the pre diabetic stage and no more migraines ....I have fun with meal prepping since I am a hoarder of Keto cookbooks :p
  • mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    Options
    Happy hump day 🐪 !!

I’m sorry I haven’t checked in much. I’m struggling to get myself on here. I do tend to post more often on my profile page so anyone who wants to add me you are more than welcome.

I’ve had a couple of busy days here. I did my workouts on Sunday and Monday but yesterday I had an appointment in the morning with my endocrinologist which went really well and today my Sam is home so I can’t go to the gym when he is here. He also had an appointment this afternoon. But the plan is to go to the gym on Thursday and Friday to complete my 4 sessions this week. I might even hit the gym on Saturday for a pure cardio day. We shall see.

I quickly looked through the messages as there were so many. I’m always so pleased to see how active this team is. Whether you are having success or you are struggling it’s great that you are here finding support, and encourage from your teammates.

I’m so proud of you all. ❤️

@Megan_smartiepants1970

Sunday - 14,237
    Monday - 14,261
    Tuesday - 15,270

Wednesday - coming 🔜
    Thursday - coming 🔜
    Friday - coming 🔜
    Saturday - coming 🔜

• lelbarou
    lelbarou Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    check in for feb. 2
    logging - yes
    exercise - yes
    steps - 6732

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    Steps
    Jan. 31 - 9798
    Feb. 1 - 981
    Feb. 2 - 6732

So, I did my knee clinic exercises yesterday and my knee and foot have improved. I'm having some problems with my upper back. I actually had a herniated disk many moons ago, so my back is a bit finicky.

Question from Linda:
    What diet are you following?

Hi Linda. I don't think I'm on anything specific, but I'm creating my own regimen based on how my body responds to different foods. I don't eat any grains though I eat other carbs and I'm cutting way down on fruit and sticking with fruit like berries that have lower sugar content. On the whole flour bothers me, and sugar (even natural sugar) seems to make me gain weight so I have to limit or have only some variations of these foods. Predominantly , I am counting calories but always not eating grains, limiting fruit and trying to not overeat in the areas of carbohydrates and sugar.

I never have been a big vegetable eater, but I made a brocoli and a spinach soup yesterday and I find they are both good!

I hope everyone has a super Wednesday!

• Tazaria87
    Tazaria87 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Daily Post February 2
    Tracked Yes
    Under Calorie Yes
    Water 108oz
    Steps 9107
    Exercise Chest/Back Lift & 29min Inc
    Dance Fit Video

To answer the above question- I do a mostly primal diet, while counting calories and doing intermittent fasting.
This discussion has been closed.