WaistAways - February 2021 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• DD265
    DD265 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I'm glad you're feeling ok @jugar

My weight is still fluctuating around the same 300g. Bit frustrating, especially when I see people on my ex-WW group posting 3lb+ losses every week. I keep telling myself what they're doing may not be sustainable and what I'm doing really feels like it is...

Unless I'm sleep walking into the kitchen and snacking overnight, it's got to be water retention. Friday's run and yesterday's 12km walk were hard work (it's been very cold) so combine that with more processed food than usual and I think that's the culprit. We had McDonalds for tea but between the Coke Zero from that, and some grapes that needed eating up, I went to bed feeling a bit bloated. I think whilst I stayed within my calories yesterday I didn't necessarily eat well. I slept OK at least, but we did go to bed very late (1.30am).

We're trying a new recipe tonight (duck tacos) which I think will be high in sugar and salt, not to mention fat as it's a confit!, then tomorrow night we are going to get a takeaway to celebrate or commiserate the outcome of my professional exam, which is in the afternoon. We didn't want to get a takeaway today as we think it'll be pretty busy. Then it's pancake day.. this isn't going to be the most balanced week, healthwise, but it's an usual meal plan and it fits within my calories.

I could go back to weighing weekly (well, 3x a week as I check in to different places on 3 different days) but I think having this fluctuation information combined with the food diary will help me understand it and improve my nutrition.

I am tempted to drop my calorie goal further (I dropped it by 100kcal a day on 1st Feb), but also trying to be patient and give things time to work. I'm 6 weeks in to this, have lost over 2kg so I'm doing better than the 0.5lb a week I was originally aiming for. I have had one day this month where I've eaten net 1804 calories, one where it was net 651 (when I was doing all the sanding.. I'm not sure about the calorie adjustments that day!) but everything else is comfortably 1715 or less. Will see if I can carry on as I am until the end of the month.
  • YinxFed
    YinxFed Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    Sunday weigh in - spoiler alert : it's not going to be green!

PW - 186
    CW - 186.9

So sorry, Friends! 🥲
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    :star:The Green Challenge :star: Percentage of people who lost weight this week. No matter how small the loss the weights are recorded in green. Remember that even if your team doesn’t rank the highest in weight loss for the week you can still be the Green Percentage winner by having the most losses in your team! So keep it up!! B)

kjn7v9i8vm4t.png
  • once_mas
    once_mas Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    @jugar I'm happy you're feeling okay
    :)

mbakhtiaruz
    Sunday
    PW 61.5 kg
    CW 61.5
    LTD 7.3kg

It seems that I have stucked at this weight, but I m happy that I started to actively working on it again. I did around 11hours of indoor and outdoor workout during the past week and had a complete self control over food.

This week it snowed in the Netherlands some canals were frozen, and this is a photo taken yesterday during my walk

• Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    u391710l02je.png
    xzp43o42e2st.png
    yi9ra0o6cmss.png
    2mk63qg3r7lw.png

PLACE TEAM PERCENTAGE
    598advkzh4wr.png

PLACE TEAM LBS LOSS
    zzueyqt9w02e.png

PLACE INDIVIDUAL PERCENTAGE
    1st @jennifersusanmcdougall 2.74 %
    2nd @squeakmnm41 2.47%
    3rd @beka3695 2.31 %

PLACE INDIVIDUAL LBS LOSS
    1st @jennifersusanmcdougall 5.0 Lbs
    2nd @Z10Rtza 4.7 Lbs
    3rd @lelbarou 4.6 Lbs

HONORABLE MENTIONS
    @rachelrjh
    @mlhopp93
    @Pearl4686
    @annliz23
    @Bluetail6
    @kerdil08
    @Kali225
    @happimess01
    @kandi3570

pqvkeoqd5oep.png
  • kiay131982
    kiay131982 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    @micki48

Steps for
    12th 9122
    13th 5159
    14th 12146
  • once_mas
    once_mas Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    @mbakhtiaruz
    sounds like you had a great week, and the photo is wonderful. I have a good friend in Nunspeet, and he was skating a lot lately. I remember when I lived in Den Haag and tried the traditional Dutch skates - that was SO scary!!!! I was not good at it, but we had a blast anyhow.
    @jugar yes was really a wonderful week, specially because of lockdown all the indoor entertainments have been shut down and this gave a little vibe to the city :) haha it actually is scary :D

• DD265
    DD265 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    DD265
    PW: 86.4kg
    CW: 86.5kg

A slight gain from last week but down from yesterday.

@jugar I do wonder how accurate the exercise calories are; it's calculated by my Garmin. I try not to eat them all, usually leaving around 100kcal 'spare' a day. I will try this week to not eat above my goal at all (today is likely an exception due to the planned takeaway!) and see how that feels/shows on the scales. I could also recalculate my TDEE, but I don't want to get in the trap of recalculating that more than once a month and feeling like I'm obsessing.
  • Pearl4686
    Pearl4686 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    @micki48 steps
    15/02 6514 and 30 minutes strength workout legs &abs
    I'm not really getting 10k in as I was hoping :'(
  • MandiSaysHey
    MandiSaysHey Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Sorry I have not been around much again. I dont know what's wrong with me. Here are my steps. 9gdmqeys1srf.jpg
  • SMcFall0215
    SMcFall0215 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    It has been a terrible weekend for my food intake.. I did not count my calories all weekend I did not log my food all weekend and we ate out Friday Saturday and Sunday!!! We where not home on Friday and Saturday night I knew we wouldn’t be and I should have prepped but I didn’t.. Sunday we went out because today is my anniversary and my husband has to work all day so we wanted to celebrate yesterday.. we went to Italian and it was sooo good.. now I have a *kitten* ton of making up to do because I’m sure this weekend set me back a couple pounds!!! Well happy Monday MFP I’m home today because it’s a holiday I hope the rest of you are enjoying your Monday!
This discussion has been closed.