WaistAways - February 2021 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• once_mas
    once_mas Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Terytha wrote: »
    Terytha wrote: »
    We made Purin, also known as creme caramel, for Valentines Day. Its only 160 calories each and turned out pretty well. Turns out Swerve caramelizes as well as sugar.

@Terytha
    it looks delicious! this is the first time I hear about Swerve, I don't like the taste of stevia, so I go entirely for sugarless foods. How is the taste of the Swerve compared to the real sugar?

So far Swerve (non-brand name: erythritol) is the only sweetener I can stand. I've tried almost all the others and they're gross. By itself, raw, it has a slight aftertaste but I don't even notice it mixed in with other things.

The caramel tasted exactly the same as if we'd used sugar. Which is good because creme caramel only has three ingredients and one of them is a bunch of sugar, which would make it pretty diet unfriendly normally. =P

@Terytha Great! so I will try it, thanks for introducing this :)
  • DD265
    DD265 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I hope everyone affected by bad weather is safe and well.

Half wanted to, half didn't, but went for a run with hubby this evening. Did 45 minutes and I could've kept going but was conscious he's not running fit. 45 minutes was what I wanted to achieve mid week - I will go for an hour at the weekend. I do feel better for it, even if getting geared up felt like hard work.

The 300g that has been coming and going shifted overnight so I'm pleased with that! Hoping I carry on downwards a bit and see 85 at the first two numbers on the scale soon.
  • sunny9847
    sunny9847 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Met all goals today. Steps 13,141
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,135 Member
    Options
    I can make it to Onderland by spring!

The work uniform clothing I ordered back in August finally arrived (Covid supply issues) and of course, after 6 months with this group, not a single piece of it fit! I've dropped from a size 20 to a size 12 thanks to the support and encouragement of everyone here. MFP gave me the notification this morning that I'm 76% to my goal. Very excited! Luckily I should be changing jobs in early March and I won't need uniforms anymore at all. Yoga pants 24/7 to work from home for me!
    This is fabulous! You had a great week (snow shovelling has to be good for something), a great 6 months, and down to size 12! You will be doing the great happy dance (complete with tiara) when you get to Onederland soon, I am sure :smiley: You're working on that plan for how things will be when you're working from home, right? :wink:

@DD265
    Put that memory of how good it felt to have done your run the next time you're dragging your feet not wanting to - those are so useful to keep in your back pocket. As long as you use them! Well done!

@Terytha and @mbakhtiaruz - I have heard that erythritol is much better than other non-sugar sweeteners. It is available in the bulk stores here, so it is even affordable, and if it makes a crème caramel that lovely, it looks like something good to have on hand. It is apparently safe, but can cause digestive upset, stomach pain or bloating, etc. sometimes so if those are a worry, be sure to keep the amounts small. Here is an article if you're interested - https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/erythritol#TOC_TITLE_HDR_4

Have a lovely rest of Wednesday, and get ready for the BIG day when we have only one weigh-in!
    @eggfreak

Still due for today:
    @AshenMoon
    @EvMakesChanges

Thanks!
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    Late check in again. Did 13 minutes of Pilates this am. Mostly getting ready for an ice storm tonight into Friday. They are saying a 1/2 inch of ice which is not good news. We will likely lose power if that happens. That much ice brings down trees and power lines. My daughter, SIL, and granddaughter are staying here just in case they lose power/heat.

My son’s gf lost her grandfather today after losing her grandmother about a week and a half ago. They were in their 90s but still hard on the family so close together.

Managed to get over 10,000 steps today cleaning my pantry and life. Sloppy logging, but food was ok.

Here’s hoping trees stay put. Rhonda @evangsimmons170 thinking of you in Texas and hoping you are doing ok in this crazy weather. I hope you are warm and have power.
  • Pearl4686
    Pearl4686 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    @micki48 steps 17/02
    11148 with a 30 minutes strength workout.
  • AshenMoon
    AshenMoon Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    No change on my weight, sorry I'm a day late! Forgot to weigh myself yesterday morning! In other news, I'm slowly weaning myself off diet coke and most aspartame-based drinks and feeling pretty good! :)
  • jugar
    Options
    Hoping for happy Thursday - thinking about our Texans @fuschiabolero and @evangsimmons170 <3<3 and for anyone else in the path of destructive weather. It is not fooling around, and I hope that help, heat, water, and shelter are there for you.

I am still fighting with low blood pressure but hopefully it will keep creeping upwards. My taller half has some to spare, but so far we are not doing well with a pressure transfer. I see the nurse tomorrow and will see if there is anything to do besides be patient. I am not good at patient. Just ask my sister @EvMakesChanges !

Gotta get some food into the freezer and otherwise potter around. Back later!
  • EvMakesChanges
    EvMakesChanges Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    Hoping for happy Thursday...

I am still fighting with low blood pressure but hopefully it will keep creeping upwards. My taller half has some to spare, but so far we are not doing well with a pressure transfer. I see the nurse tomorrow and will see if there is anything to do besides be patient. I am not good at patient. Just ask my sister @EvMakesChanges !
    Well, *that's* certainly true! I thought I'd put my weight in from yesterday.
    Sorry for the delay.
    @jugar CW 186.8
    We had 1 fabulously sunny day. One in the past 6. sigh.
    Well, I've been nibbling on things like sweet-tart minis and fruit-flavoured skittles. I have no idea why they're so appealing this week. Crazy.
    I'm slowly moving along but not very motivated for quick-style-movement.
    More water. I've had over 800 ml so far. I look forward to it helping get me over the sweetie-hump!
    have a good afternoon and evening, y'all.

• sunny9847
    sunny9847 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Met all goals today. Steps 13,194 Shoveled 3 inches of snow again. Getting to almost like the exercise. LOL
  • eggfreak
    eggfreak Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    @jugar
    PW 151.5
    CW 149
    Maybe, just maybe, that little hidden switch in my brain has turned back on and I can focus again and not be so tempted.
    You've been more active than I have for the last two weeks and you've had surgery! Hope you're back on your snowshoes soon.

@PlaneMonkey good for you with not just your week loss but your extended efforts that result in an overly big late uniform finally showing up (hope you can return it!). Keep at it but beware the working from home - I find it challenging. I also went from years of a super physical job (garden maintenance) to an office job and that transition wasn't helpful weightwise - all the calories I burned from work, let me eat a lot more than the office job does. I liked the idea posted a way back about organizing your fridge in a certain way.

@sunny9847 your steady every day 'met all goals today' is inspiring me.
  • jugar
    Options
    @eggfreak
    Great job! Look at that week - I hope the switch stays on and that you're out there getting your shining self into the outdoors.

I got on my snowshoes today! Not for terribly long, no big hills, no really deep stuff, but enough to get good and warm and clear out the pipes. It felt great. I'm also looking forward to getting back on the exercise bike once the staples and drain are out. I feel lethargic watching anything in the evening without pedalling. But soon...

OK - big day tomorrow :smiley: This is when we find out how our week is looking. So far, better than last week!
    Friday people, bring it on!
    @ellz_runs
    @healthygirlintransit
    @SMcFall0215
    @happimess01
    @Steph1498
    @evangsimmons170

Tally ho B)
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    Hi all. Met my step goal running around my house. Everything else could be better. Family all here. I’ve been cooking since I woke up his morning. We wanted to get some things cooked in case we lost power. So far. So good. Just need to get through tonight. Most of the ice melted off trees during today so we probably won’t get the build up they were predicting.

Just a few more colder days and we should be warming up considerably. Can’t wait.

Maybe with warm weather, I can find my mojo to be serious about losing weight again. I am not there for sure.

Sleep well friends!
  • conleywoods
    conleywoods Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    adcvd9cjo7jn.jpg
    Hi everyone!

I am so excited I found a new lunch box!!! I have needed a new one for awhile and I am picky. It has to fit my glass containers and hold 2 water bottles. The water bottle pouches are huge so I can fit these big 40 oz mugs in. I still run out of water some days but not as often. We have well water so I can't bring myself to refill with city water at work.

My reverse diet is going well. I gained a few pounds but the scale seems to be going down. Hopefully it will settle and I can slowly increase calories. I can tell I have a lot more energy and I sleep better. I'm not hitting the exercise as hard but plan to start up again consistently this weekend. I have had 2 days this week when I actually hit my target macros so making progress.

@micki48 hope you guys are okay with the ice coming.

@jugar glad you are feeling good and getting out there. Low blood pressure is a pain. I had problems with that for all 3 of my pregnancies and it's annoying 😒 Hopefully it gets up there.

@eggfreak Great work this week. Hope that switch stays on!
  • DD265
    DD265 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    This week has felt long. No news on either a new line manager or BIL's condition. No recent news on FIL either, though I don't think I put on here that they're hoping he might return home next week. The NHS are in the process of organising the furniture etc he'll need at home - the dining room will be converted into a bedroom as he won't be able to manage the stairs.

I've stayed on track, trying not to eat exercise calories. I'm a little concerned that despite feeling fine at the time, my knees are now aching after Wednesday's run... Running again today so will consciously take it slower down hill (no such thing as a flat route around here) and see how I get on.
This discussion has been closed.