Food inspiration, or what's for supper?

Options

Replies

• lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,632 Member
    Options
    papayahed wrote: »
    Tonight I made the pioneer womans black bean burger recipe. Which turned out pretty darn tasty. So far she hasnt let me down.

I'm going to go look that up now! You have piqued my interest...and made my belly rumble a bit too :)
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Options
    Tonight we are have lean ground beef patties, roasted potatoes, fresh broccoli and salad!...snack will be an apple and popcorn!
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    Pretty boring dinner this evening, worked from office today so used up rest of stir-in cardbordnara pasta sauce I had leftover from Monday (kinda pining for a proper Italian now).

It's not something I normally have in the cupboard but when we first moved into temporary accommodation for renovations to take place I picked up a couple.

Rescues the taste a little by adding some feta cheese, spiced diced chicken and some fresh basil.

It'll do.

• AlexandraFindsHerself1971
    Options
    Girlfriend and I had spaghetti with marinara sauce, heavy on the garlic, and homemade meatballs. Boyfriend had the meatballs and red sauce on pan-seared zucchini. He can't have pasta, since he had weight loss surgery some years back, but he said the pan-seared zucchini chunks are good enough that he doesn't miss it.
  • joone_9
    joone_9 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Just made a seafood and vegetable cococurry papilotte. I absolutely love making it. Super easy, fast, packed full of veggies and it’s delicious. A bit higher on the cals as I used more coconut milk then usual but still only 500 cals for dinner which is good in my books.
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    I've created a rajma (red bean curry) / bund gobi (cabbage with green peas) mashup that pretty well makes a complete meal in one pan. And it freezes really well.

Basically saute onion/cumin, fennel & mustard seeds with a little smoked paprika, red chili, salt and pepper. Add pretty well a head of cabbage sliced thinly and some cherry tomatoes. When the cabbage is soft - I mix in green peas and red kidney beans. Sounds odd? But really tasty!
  • conniewilkins56
    Options
    I like simple and fresh!...easy!....fresh cauliflower,air fryer chicken legs, and sweet potato fries with spray butter and cinnamon on them!....snack tonight is veggie chips, an apple and string cheese!
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    I like simple and fresh!...easy!....fresh cauliflower,air fryer chicken legs, and sweet potato fries with spray butter and cinnamon on them!....snack tonight is veggie chips, an apple and string cheese!

Me too! But I also like cooking the other stuff that can go in the freezer and be pulled out quick when the day gets busy....or there is no time/energy to walk to the grocery store. Those recycled yogurt containers in full of leftovers have saved me from eating "quick (dangerous)" food so often! I've also become rather addicted to baked sweet potatoes - just cut them in wedges and don't even spray or coat them. They are like candy!!!!!!
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    Super lazy not particularly healthy "dinner" of Brew City cheesy beer bites (battered cheese nuggets) - dinner really is an overstatement, more of a late snack as I overate earlier in the day, I was ravenous after some poor quality sleep.

Wind was howling all night and then my slightly hungover OH decided to leave his alarm set for 5am even though he knows after "school night drinking" he's not getting up early to workout, he didn't even wake up for it, so then I'm tossing and turning and he rolls out of bed at 8:15 🤬

Planning a bit of a healthier weekend. Although I did pick up some Brownie Oreos, I am surprised they've survived long enough to reach tomorrow.
  • FitByFifty1970
    FitByFifty1970 Posts: 127 Member
    edited February 2021
    Options
    My boyfriend cooks most meals but I turned him onto a good 10 minute dinner. Boil rice (or buy the microwave cups and dinner is now 2 minutes). In the Indian section of the grocery store there are microwave packets of all kinds of Indian food. My favorite is the Chana masala. Nuke it for a minute, serve on the rice. I buy small naan (4 to a packet) and eat 1 with it, warming it in the toaster while the microwave does its thing. Best part, you can understand every ingredient on thr packet. Nothing funky or weird!
  • conniewilkins56
    Options
    Tonight my husband is having Italian sausages and I am having tostados with refried beans, cheese, jalapeños and sour cream!....I will be more imaginative tomorrow!
    Options
    Tonight was supposed to be pork satay but I didn't get it thawed in time. I'll do it tomorrow instead. Today instead was more or less refrigerator cleanout. Reuben for him and patty melt for me, dinner was a hamburger for him and a roast beef sandwich for me. I'm just more or less watching calories and trying to maintain at best for a while, though I'm set to lose a pound a week. Once life settles down some I'll undoubtably notice some loss, but not at the moment.
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Tonight my husband is having Italian sausages and I am having tostados with refried beans, cheese, jalapeños and sour cream!....I will be more imaginative tomorrow!

That sounds pretty amazing....
  • conniewilkins56
    Options
    I had my tostados tonight....very spicy and very good!...got side tracked last night and had an Italian sausage!...what are some of your favorite chicken recipes?
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,407 Member
    Options
    Spiced Roasted chicken drumsticks and roasted veg... Quartered baby yellow potatoes, broccoli, cauliflower.

Lunch earlier was 3 slices of bacon, 3 eggs whites and 3 eggs Scrambled with Shredded cheese in just enough leftover bacon grease to keep it from sticking, followed by 2 oreo thins.

I also had 2 cups of coffee, once with half and half, one black, and 3 cups of lemon zinger tea.

Snack/desert is some 2% Greek yogurt with strawberry cheesecake protein powder and Chopped up strawberries
    Options
    The pork satay was very good. I made extra and left it raw in the marinade and froze that for later.

Tomorrow is going to be chicken and jalapeno quesadillas for lunch, and some leftover prime rib, with mashed cauliflower and brussel sprouts in bacon drippings for them, and some wild rice pilaf for me. It I really get it together I'll make rolls. But I have plans to make egg rolls and beef samosas for the freezer, and that may use up my standing budget.

(Both egg rolls and samosas are made to give Boyfriend an extra pop of protein if we eat a meal with shrimp, because while he loves tandoori shrimp, he needs a little extra something or he gets hungry too soon. A beef samosa is the answer. Similarly, my pork egg rolls are 90% pork and 10% vegetable for flavor, for the same reason.)
  • conniewilkins56
    Options
    It’s a homemade northern bean soup and cornbread and salad day!....I had roast beef on a wrap for lunch...veggie chips and berries for snacks!
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    I'm having black bean, barley and sweet potato soup for ??? lunch. Then eggs and asparagus for dinner. I love soup
    !!!!
  • conniewilkins56
    Options
    I'm having black bean, barley and sweet potato soup for ??? lunch. Then eggs and asparagus for dinner. I love soup
    !!!!

I like soup, too but my husband not so much but he is easy to please!...how is the sweet potato and black beans?...I am skipping the cornbread....just too many calories...have a big salad with it instead!
  • rieraclaelin
    rieraclaelin Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Just a basic dinner of pan seared salmon with sweet potatoes fries for my husband and brown rice for myself, and some green beans.

My snack is pretty much the same every night since it seems to be the only thing I can eat with my Zoloft that doesn't give me heartburn. Rice cake with peanut butter spread on top