Mission Slimpossible - March 2021 Team Chat

Replies

• TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    @RYcare Wow! Visiting your parents for four days and not having a gain is a big celebration! I always wanted to go to Mall of America? Is it as big as I think it is? :)

@mlhopp93 I completely agree that slow and steady is the best way to keep the weight off and that really should be the goal for us all. That is great that you got your shot. My state opened up for 55 and older but it’s beyond hard to get on a list so I’m waiting until it gets easier. :/

@Katmary71 I’m wanting to get some sun on my legs too! I usually go the self-tanner route but this year, I’m going to try the natural method. :sunglasses: I hope your pain and the weather improve.

Hi Team! Not too much going on here today. I saw a nice loss on the scale this morning and am only one small pound away from my 80 lb. mark. I swear it’s taking forever!! But it will happen. :) I worked on the Fat2Fit challenge since it’s my turn to do it this week. So y’all stay tuned for tomorrow. I want my team to be the biggest participators! ;) I did a good workout and stayed true to my Keto plan.

2021 Word: TRANSFORMATION
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,775 Member
    User: Digger61
    Weigh in day: Saturday
    PW: 201
    CW:201
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    @RYcare You went to the Mall of America in person? I've always wanted to go there!

@mlhopp93 how are you feeling after the shot? I hope you're feeling normal aside of a sore arm!

@bmotisko Contrary on breaking your stall!
  • Katmary71
    @TeresaW1020 You will hit 80lbs before you know it, time to partway, woot woot! Let me know when the challenge starts, I've mostly focused on our thread and haven't looked at the others in awhile.

Got up early and worked out then grabbed my shovel and gloves and headed to the food bank. I ended up tearing tape off boxes for lasagna gardening, I'm not around strangers very often so I was nervous and rambled and told everyone about all the animals I've rescued since moving here (2 possums, about 5 turtles, and was feeding 7 feral cats). Everyone's really nice. I came home and planted tomato seeds to grow plants for them then worked in my garden and ordered more seeds. I ran out of dirt so that's my next mission!

Happy beautiful first day of Spring Slimpossibles!
  • TeresaW1020
    :star: WEEK FOUR CHALLENGE IS UP! :star:

This week we want to hear your weight loss story with a series of questions that you will answer each day. So click the link and start telling us about your journey towards good health! YOUR SEVEN-DAY WEIGHT LOSS STORY

snm9umtmbr66.jpg
  • TeresaW1020
    WAHHHOOOOO!! Look at that amazing high score that we achieved this week!! Let's dig deep this week and finish the month stronger than when we started!! Gooooooo Team MS!!! :star:B)<3

:star:The Green Challenge :star: Percentage of people who lost weight this week. No matter how small the loss the weights are recorded in green. Remember that even if your team doesn’t rank the highest in weight loss for the week you can still be the Green Percentage winner by having the most losses in your team! So keep it up!! B)
    hghcp9rrjdbg.png
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,884 Member
    @Cornanda That's true, thanks for the perspective! <3

@Katmary71 Thanks, I hope this week is better, too. I hope the rain clears up there.

@RYcare I, too, have always wanted to go to the Mall of America. I bet it's fun.

@TeresaW1020 You are so inspiring, girl! Get it!

Hello all. We celebrated my BIL's birthday yesterday and now I have a lot of catching up to do, I ate way over my WW points. :( I am going to try to go on a nice walk today and exercise more this week to make up for it.

My phrase for the year: CHANGE HAPPENS
  • mlhopp93
    mlhopp93 Posts: 192 Member

How are you feeling after the shot? I hope you're feeling normal aside of a sore arm!

@katmary71 -- no side effects from the shot. I've heard shot #2 for Pfizer is more likely to cause discomfort but still better than having covid from what friends who've dealt with it have told me. Hope no one else has any negative effects....
  • TeresaW1020
    edited March 2021
    @Katmary71 I am ready to party and hit the 80 lbs and then beyond. I’m really wanting to 100 lbs before Hubby and I take our anniversary trip in October. That will feel so amazing and I will look so good in my new clothes! :grin: That is so great of you to be helping at the food bank garden! I’m sure you are much appreciated.

@trooworld Awe thanks, girlfriend!! <3 OK, you enjoyed the birthday and that is great! Now you buckle down and focus the rest of the week. Cut the points, drink tons of water, and take lots of nice long walks. You will be fine!

@dignow96 Yayyy on the scale going down! I’m sure you know that if you increase your lifting water can be retained in your body. Just keep doing what works!

Hi Team! Not too much to report today. After church, I spent most of the day at my computer doing church work and putting together a menu and grocery list for next week. The scale was down again this morning, but I don’t want to jinx it by announcing anything yet. Let’s just say that a happy dance was had and I’ve really got to watch it this week. :)
    2021 WORD: TRANSFORMATION
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    5nvtb2wka5ts.jpg
    hnxyzgsh3b1b.png
    wi6johwfv4zf.png
    xcbyy9anob1b.png

PLACE TEAM PERCENTAGE
    wwixpm5m4id8.png

PLACE TEAM LBS LOSS
    0tr8udjpvpaf.png

PLACE INDIVIDUAL PERCENTAGE
    1st @bmotisko 2.39%
    2nd @kandi3570 2.32%
    3rd @shnerb00 1.64 %

PLACE INDIVIDUAL LBS LOSS
    1st @bmotisko 6.6 Lbs
    2nd @kandi3570 4.2 Lbs
    3rd @Fat2Fit_Kat 3.7 Lbs

HONORABLE MENTIONS
    @Mrscanmore
    @rachelrjh
    @veryhotmails
    @vegan4lyfe2012
    @leni1us
    @TheresaM787
    @Tazaria87
    @kerdil08
    @PlaneMonkey

n452bxaldtvu.png

• TwistedSassette
    TwistedSassette Posts: 8,583 Member
    @gwamajtw91 Glad your stress has gone down a little. Tax time is hectic!

@mlhopp93 Great to see your hard work is still paying off! I'm jealous you get the Pfizer shot. We have a limited number of them ordered for Australia, and I'm fairly certain they won't be shipping them to rural areas like where I live since they need to stay so cold. So I'm pretty sure we will be getting the Astrazenica (Oxford) one here. Which is not as effective for the milder cases, from what I've heard!

@bmotisko Great loss! Even though a lot was fluid, I'm sure not all of it! Congrats on being top of the leaderboard.

Congrats to the whole team on our epic collective effort last week! Congrats to @vegan4lyfe2012 and @davidji82 on hitting that leaderboard, too! Great work!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    I went a bit off track this weekend. I had a 30th birthday party to attend, which was quite fun as it was 1990s themed. We all dressed up and enjoyed lots of 90s music, it was a blast! I did eat too much, and then again the next day but I didn't track it so I don't know how far over I was. I didn't overdo the drinking though, as I was driving so that is a positive, I suppose.
    Back on track today. Focus this week is on getting back into the swing of things and getting more sleep as I've been slipping there and I can feel the difference. I want to get back to doing more walking and biking as well, as I feel good when I do that and I can always see the results on the scale. My goal this week is to exercise before work twice (I only work 4 days this week, and didn't do it this morning...).
    You'll see on my bar charts below, I'm falling behind on most of my goals this month. I'm ok with it for the most part, but I need to refocus and get myself on track again before it gets out of hand.
    mjfw77oig9gk.png
    Goals for March
    tut2cv1nitwv.png
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,037 Member
    Guess what? It is time to invite new members to join! April registration is open :smiley:

Everyone is welcome to share the link to the registration thread. If you have friends who might enjoy our F2F teams, please invite them to check it out and sign up. Those of you who are already here do NOT need to sign up again!

Please share this link and some more lucky people will be able to join us:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10828015/registration-for-new-members-april-2021#latest
  • Jactop
    Jactop Posts: 690 Member
    Just popping in for a quick hello. So nice to see our team on the top of the leader board.

I added in some IF this week. Mostly short fasts and 19 hrs today so hopefully I'll see a drop for tomorrows weigh in. Still sticking to No sugar or refined carbs which I think makes fasting easier. We'll see how it goes.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,048 Member
    You have a new member heading your way ... Please welcome @laurafthul :)
  • raleighgirl09
    raleighgirl09 Posts: 692 Member
    Weeks 3 weigh in Thursday (18Mar2021)

(from Thursday) 182.9 @broncobuddee
    LTD MFP #2 52.1 lbs
    LTD overall 117.1 lbs

I am going in the wrong direction again - have totally allowed being busy at work to take over and create the space to make choices that lead to gaining, not losing. Both hubby and I have - and acting like two theives in the night to go on a crime spree of off plan eating! We're looking to start snapping back into habit shape and making better choices. My walking has been down, less than 11,000 steps a day. Water has been down, as well.

Logging into work in 10 mins so I'm going to log my planned meals for today!
  • eahrenee
    eahrenee Posts: 157 Member
    Username eahrenee
    Weigh In Day: Monday
    Starting weight 205.00
    PW 196.4
    CW 193.8

Started stronglift 5x5 and am loving it!
    Not too hard, or too much time, so far, and still kicking my butt!

Good luck this week!
  • Katmary71
    Yay team, congratulations on the losses!

I'm about to head to Home Depot, I went to Take a Plant Leave a Plant stands where people leave plants and swapped some goodies, it's really fun! I ran out of dirt so I need to get supplies, I'm hoping to get most of what I need then I have a bunch of seeds coming in a couple weeks. Still doing the same workouts, I'm on every neighborhood app trying to get weights now but it seems all the people NOT price gauging don't respond! My boyfriend's Jeep broke down and he asked me to take him to the store today after I made plans so I'm going to have to buck up for two big things today, Home Depot is going to be hard enough. I should ask him for help but I hate not being independent! He's right that I don't ask for help then get mad at him for not helping, LOL. What do you mean you can't read my mind?! I had to call the gym to keep my membership frozen since I can't do most things there until the pool opens, I'm bummed and really miss it but it is what it is.
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,006 Member
    Yaaaayyyyyy Slims! Kicking butt and taking names!

@TwistedSassette - yes we all get off the track sometimes. The important part is getting back to it before things get too out of control- Exactly your plan! I know you got this.

@Jactop - I used to do some fasting and I was always crabby when I did it. It was an experiment in the Beck book to try fasting from Bfast to dinner and I wasn't planning to do it. However, yesterday I was sort of forced into it by circumstances and I was surprised how well I did. I think I was just telling myself I couldn't do it before. Not sure what I will do with this info yet.

@raleighgirl09 - see above what I wrote to TwistyS. You know what you need to do and you can! We are all here to help you climb back on that horse!

@eahrenee - wow! what a great result this week. Glad you are liking the lifting.

@Katmary71 - I think it's so cool that you are sharing your love and talent for gardening with the food pantry. Hope today went OK with all the running around.

I'm still moving slowly on the Beck book. I spent last week learning about my hunger, cravings, etc. I'm sure I still have plenty to learn, but it's been interesting. At times I'm able to tell myself that hunger is not an emergency or that I'm having a craving. I think continuing to practice these techniques will be very helpful moving forward.

Have a great week everyone!

Lisa

• TwistedSassette
    TwistedSassette Posts: 8,583 Member
    @Jactop Wow that's great, fingers crossed for a good weigh in!

@laurafthul Welcome!!

@raleighgirl09 Recognising that you're going off track is the first step to recovery. You got this!!

@eahrenee Wow fantastic work! It's really paying off!

@Katmary71 I see a relationship like a partnership. It's not just two individuals doing their thing and happening to occupy the same space. It's a give a little, take a little arrangement (much like the plants!) - I bet it didn't even cross your mind to say no when he asked for a ride to the store. Just as I'm sure he wouldn't say no when you need to ask for a little help. I don't think that asking for help makes you dependent, and in a lot of cases it actually strengthens the relationship as he feels needed and valued. Just my two cents, of course xx

@Cornanda I really like that phrase: "hunger is not an emergency". I'm going to try to remember that!
    Yesterday was better. Eating was on track, I did some exercise and meditation, and got some housework done too. I went to bed just a little later than planned. And I booked both hubby and myself in to get our Covid shots on Thursday. I hope we don't get too many side effects! We're currently in phase 1b, and while we're both too young (in our 30s), we have underlying conditions that qualify us. Hubby is T2 diabetic and I qualify just on my BMI.

I made myself a cheesy-eggy-tuna omelette with a whole zucchini in it for lunch today. Looking forward to trying it!

It has been raining a LOT here. One of my coworkers just had to have his car towed from the parking lot, as the tabledrain overflowed and flooded his engine. After years and years of drought in this area, it's nice to see some rain for a change! I just wish it wasn't so damaging.
    mjfw77oig9gk.png
    Goals for March
    8mfgpkmuswm5.png
This discussion has been closed.