Downsizers - April 2021 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,909 Member
    Options
    rwood566 wrote: »
    i hope everyone has had a wonderful march.
    3/31
    steps 6723
    exercise 2.93 mile walk in 1 hour 47 seconds
    under 1800 calories
    logged food

time to up my water intake if this heat is going to continue. i'm not looking forward to 112 to 140 ounces a day. lots of trips to the boy's room. lol be careful tomorrow, everyone. it'll be april fool's day. luckily i'm a retired prankster.

I drink 120 ounces a day ...I don't run to the little girl's room much anymore whewwww LOL
  • azkunk
    azkunk Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Quick check in. It was a busy night tonight with the kids. I hit all of my goals today, including no cookies at work!

Tomorrow’s goals:
    1. Walk before going into work
    2. Pack food and eat it
    3. Walking breaks at work
    4. 90oz water
  • iradi8
    iradi8 Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    @azkunk
    Love, love, love that tile. Your new grill and the grill area looks amazing! Happy grilling!

@missysave0612
    Wow! Almost ten pounds in a week! You did great this week:)

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    I hope your doctor schedules your surgery!
  • roz0810
    roz0810 Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    Username: roz0810
    Weigh In Day: Thursday
    PW: 256.6
    CW: 254.8

Very happy with this loss. I've been working so hard to stick within my calories and fat intake and my hard work is paying off. Yeay! 😁
  • 363days
    363days Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    @TheresaM787 Good job getting that ride in and your bicycle story automatically made me think of the family dog - everyone wants one except Mom - they get the dog and Mom is the one who ends up feeding the dog. Both can be very positive situations! Do you have a good trail to ride?
    @rwood566 Yes, I need to increase water, too! I'm trying to do my drinking before 1:00 pm...
    @red1185 way to get those steps in!
  • 363days
    363days Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    @roz0810 Congrats on your nice loss!
  • roz0810
    roz0810 Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    @363days Thank you :) Good job with the yoga!
  • lelbarou
    lelbarou Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Check in for March 31
    Logging - yes
    Exercise - yes
    Steps - 10872

So, a good day yesterday with walking and eating. This morning I decided to splurge on hot chocolate, but it turned into hot chocolate plus bagel and cream cheese. I will have a hard time just making it under using my exercise calories which I usually try not to dip into.

Anyway, not too upset. It's pretty minor.

This is a long weekend of course which I will use for rest and catching up on a bunch of paper work. YAY! LOL Really, it will be nice to relax after the stress of last weekend! It wasn't much of a weekend.

Have a great day everyone!

BTW - I have "Atomic Habits" on hold at the library! It is soooo popular that I have been waiting forever!!! I hope I get it soon! I'd love to read it! Thanks for sharing @363days and @azkunk
  • TheresaM787
    TheresaM787 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    363days wrote: »
    @TheresaM787 Good job getting that ride in and your bicycle story automatically made me think of the family dog - everyone wants one except Mom - they get the dog and Mom is the one who ends up feeding the dog. Both can be very positive situations! Do you have a good trail to ride?
    @rwood566 Yes, I need to increase water, too! I'm trying to do my drinking before 1:00 pm...
    @red1185 way to get those steps in!

So true! They have been asking for a dog since the pandemic started 🤣. It’s a stationary bike, which helps me not use the weather as an excuse for not riding. When I ride outside, it’s more of a leisurely ride.
  • rlaskey2
    rlaskey2 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Steps 11,664

Crazy day yesterday with painters and electrician here for the renovations and the kids last Wednesday at home. I had planned to not work out and go grocery shopping instead but ended up having to drive my daughter and her friends to volleyball. Grocery shopping is now on today’s agenda with various other renovation related tasks. I love doing renovations but they sure are a lot of work. Not sure if I will get to my work out today since it is raining here and there is crap piled in my workout spot for the painters.
  • missysave0612
    missysave0612 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970 3/31 steps 2,908. This is harder than I though. I'm trying to remind myself to get up & move!

@rwood566 & @lindamtuck2018 I love pepsi & Mt Dew. Unfortunately I do not like diet pops. I can deal with diet root beer if it's out of a fountain but still dont prefer it. I was drink a lot of pop. I'm down to 1-2 bottles a day (20 oz) but would like to eventually not drink any. I do get very bad headache when I dont have the caffeine. It is crazy how it can affect people different. I wish I could cut it cold turkey but I would be down for the count for a few days at least!

I hope everyone is having a wonderful April 1st! Mother Nature played an April fools joke on our area that spring really isnt here...woke up to everything being covered in snow. (My huskeys loved it!.....me not so much. Lol)
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,513 Member
    edited April 2021
    Options
    @kdlgiannoulis
    It is good that you are practicing mindfulness. It is an important part of weight loss.

@red1185
    Great steps! You should be proud!

@rwood566
    Well done on those goals! Just think of all the extra steps you will get running to the washroom so drink away.

@azkunk
    Great job on the goals!

@roz0810
    Awesome loss!

@363days
    I am going to order the book later but I am going to check out these videos in the meantime.

@lelbarou
    You are killing it with the steps. Maybe you can have a lighter lunch to offset this morning’s calories. I have been buying the blue menu bagels lately. They are fairly low in calories and so yummy. I like to walk to Tim Hortons to get a tea sometimes. I have a hard time resisting a tea biscuit or croissant but I will give in every now and then.

@rlaskey2
    Definitely sounds like a busy day. Maybe you could do a Leslie Sansone walking video if you have time. I know some of the girls in the group like them.

@missysave0612
    Giving up pop is very hard. I had to wean myself off it. I got headaches if I went cold turkey. I drank a ton of coke. I first switched from bottles to cans. At the end I switched to mini cans and eventually stopped all together. I do have one on the weekends now but I have to buy just one.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options

Just a reminder on the weigh in format. It makes it a lot easier for me to find.

Username:
    Weigh in Day
    PW:
    CW:
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,909 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Downsizers... Not much to report from me other than I will be doing Leslie Sansone Walking Dvd to her Party hits that includes HIIT (This one is my favorite by far ) I usually find her boring so I usually mute her and turn on my music ) LOL ....I am crossing my fingers that my surgeon sets a date for my hernia surgery ..I am getting impatient ...Since I have been thru this before I am going to beg him to let me go home and not stay the night in the hospital ..Happy April 1st Everyone :)
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Wednesday’s check in
    Daily Goals
    ✅Steps 5,937
    ✅Sleep
    ✅Walk

It’s Thursday and the start to the long weekend. I have been lingering this morning and I have nothing done. Today I am going for a walk, planning next weeks meals and catch up on cleaning.

Have a super day!
  • 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Weigh Day Thursday
    PW: 228.0
    CW: 226.8
  • 888Angie888
    Options
    Steps 3/31: 20,511
  • 888Angie888
    Options
    I'm trying to come up with some goals for April...something SMART? Hmmm 🤔?
  • 888Angie888
    Options
    Goal for April:
    --daily mini-workout--
    ...in addition to...not instead of...any other exercise 😉
    10 push-ups (modified)
    10 tri-cep dips
    10 squats
    It should be easy enough to commit to for 30 days--less than 5 minutes a day, no equipment, no excuses! 🙂
This discussion has been closed.