Downsizers - April 2021 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• Bluetail6
    Bluetail6 Posts: 2,874 Member
    Options
    Cycling through photos. Little man (dog) said it was his turn, lol😁!!

Thank you all again for your kind words!!
  • missysave0612
    missysave0612 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    Steps 4/1 1943, 4/2 1421, 4/3 2913, 4/4 2079
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,511 Member
    edited April 2021
    Options

Just a reminder on the weigh in format. It makes it a lot easier for me to find.

Username:
    Weigh in Day
    PW:
    CW:
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,738 Member
    Options
    rwood566 wrote: »
    check-in for 4/4
    steps - maybe 100??? i barely left the couch all day. I felt lightheaded alot today. i'm glad it wasn't yesterday when i was at the park. i think my body needed a break. last week was the most i've exercised in a week.
    calories - under 1800. actually it's under 1500 if everything was logged somewhat accurately. ate some things that i had to guess on.
    exercise - did some arm work with a 15 lb dumbbell. sorry @Megan_smartiepants1970, i can't tell you the names of the exercises since i don't know the names or if they are actual exercises. i've been winging it.

i re-calculated my calories needed using my current weight and the site changed my limit from 2520 to 2068 or so. i'm still trying to stay under 1800.

All you need to do is tell me for how long ...and if it was leisurely, moderate, or vigorous
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    iradi8 wrote: »
    I wanted to let my team know that I have to have a surgical procedure done on Monday. It is general anesthesia, and I will come home several hours later. I am pretty nervous because the last time I had surgery was 30 years ago for my knee. I'll have to take it easy with no exercise or lifting anything heavy for two weeks. Hopefully I'll be okay to get back on track soon:)

I'm hoping to get back on the message boards in a couple of days.

@lindamtuck2018 I'll probably have to skip the weigh-in this week, but will let you know.

@Megan_smartiepants1970 Can you please take me off of the step challenge for this week that started today?

I will just excuse you and when you are better you let me know and I will remove the excused....Wishing you the very best on your surgical procedure :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    lelbarou wrote: »
    @lindamtuck2018
    Username:Lelbarou
    Weigh in Day: Monday, April 5
    PW:287
    CW:283,2

Hi Linda, I realize I have not been using the correct formula for giving my weigh ins so I have done that above! Sorry.

Well things are going better. As far as having the thoughts about eating bread etc. I was reminded by something someone said when teaching meditation. By the way, I've never kept up with it. They said that thoughts are like clouds in your mind. You can just let them float by. When you do, they don't have power over you or take up residence in you. You are not your thoughts. They are just things that quickly appear and disappear and you can just let them pass.

I guess I will always have thoughts about food. But I can let them float by. I can say they are just temporary thoughts. They do not have control over me.

Anyway, my friends, thank you as always. You ROCK.

Awesome loss ...Congrats <3<3
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Check in for April 4
    Logging - yes
    Exercise - yes
    Steps - 16 877

I just got a message from someone that was so insensitive and beyond crossing boundaries. I'm just going to breath and remember that this person is going through a hard time themselves. Please don't be insensitive. Don't cross other people's personal boundaries. Don't give advice that was not asked for. Respect others as you would respect yourself. I am taking the higher road.

Awesome steps you got there ...Well done :):)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Happy Monday all .... I have to go do labs this morning ...then coming home and hoping to do our 10 mile walk ...
    I hope you all have a fantastic day :)
  • 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Steps 4/4: 13,359
    Daily mini-workout ✔️
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    edited April 2021
    Options
    Another reminder Please get your steps in by today or I will be zeroing them out

@AlphaEliJoe 3/28-4/3

@363days 3/28-4/3

@Z1ORtza 3/29-4/3
    @lcfa5317 - 4/3
    @red1185 3/28
    @transparentenigma 3/28-4/3

Thank you for your cooperation :)
  • azkunk
    azkunk Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Check in for April 4
    Logging - yes
    Exercise - yes
    Steps - 16 877

I just got a message from someone that was so insensitive and beyond crossing boundaries. I'm just going to breath and remember that this person is going through a hard time themselves. Please don't be insensitive. Don't cross other people's personal boundaries. Don't give advice that was not asked for. Respect others as you would respect yourself. I am taking the higher road.

I will never understand why some people feel the need to bring others down. If you have nothing nice to say, then don’t say anything! That is one of the biggest reasons why I quit social media. Good for you for taking the high road!
  • azkunk
    Options
    @lelbarou - Nice loss this week! Thank you for the encouragement. I feel like I have been stuck at the same weight and just can’t win but I know if I give up, I will never win and it’s all about CICO so it’s got to eventually show up on the scale. Speaking of scale, I got some crazy readings today and I just checked that my batteries are at 25%. So, I will change them and see if it makes a difference

@rwood566 - have you made an appointment with your doctor got all of this dizziness. I think you need to get to the bottom of it before you make big changes to your diet or exercise routine

@iradi8 - good luck with your procedure, I hope you have a speedy recovery

@mszoueb - congrats on the 100 day streak. You are doing great!

@jimboden3 - nice loss! I can’t wait to get my rower and get started on the exercise part of my health journey. Are you experienced with rowing. I understand that there is a learning curve. I have been researching YouTube videos and I really like Dark Horse. I am glad to hear that your vaccine is scheduled.

@Megan_smartiepants1970 - 10 miles?!?! You amaze me 🤩

• azkunk
    Options
    Another reminder Please get your steps in by today or I will be zeroing them out

@AlphaEliJoe 3/28-4/3
    @Piqueaboo 4/2 & 4/3
    @363days 3/28-4/3
    @azkunk 4/3
    @Z1ORtza 3/29-4/3
    @lcfa5317 - 4/3
    @red1185 3/28

4/3= 4306
    4/4= 10,498

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    azkunk wrote: »
    @lelbarou - Nice loss this week! Thank you for the encouragement. I feel like I have been stuck at the same weight and just can’t win but I know if I give up, I will never win and it’s all about CICO so it’s got to eventually show up on the scale. Speaking of scale, I got some crazy readings today and I just checked that my batteries are at 25%. So, I will change them and see if it makes a difference

@rwood566 - have you made an appointment with your doctor got all of this dizziness. I think you need to get to the bottom of it before you make big changes to your diet or exercise routine

@iradi8 - good luck with your procedure, I hope you have a speedy recovery

@mszoueb - congrats on the 100 day streak. You are doing great!

@jimboden3 - nice loss! I can’t wait to get my rower and get started on the exercise part of my health journey. Are you experienced with rowing. I understand that there is a learning curve. I have been researching YouTube videos and I really like Dark Horse. I am glad to hear that your vaccine is scheduled.

@Megan_smartiepants1970 - 10 miles?!?! You amaze me 🤩

I came up short yesterday 7.3 miles yesterday so I would like to try to hit 10 miles today ....Since I have an upcoming hernia surgery soon I am trying to get my walks in now since I will be down for a bit ...Glad I amaze you :)
  • Piqueaboo
    Piqueaboo Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options

@AlphaEliJoe 3/28-4/3
    @Piqueaboo 4/2 & 4/3
    @363days 3/28-4/3
    @azkunk 4/3
    @Z1ORtza 3/29-4/3
    @lcfa5317 - 4/3
    @red1185 3/28

2.4. 13 429
    3.4. 10 673

Thank you!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    azkunk wrote: »

@AlphaEliJoe 3/28-4/3
    @Piqueaboo 4/2 & 4/3
    @363days 3/28-4/3
    @azkunk 4/3
    @Z1ORtza 3/29-4/3
    @lcfa5317 - 4/3
    @red1185 3/28

4/3= 4306
    4/4= 10,498

Thank you for posting your steps ...Greatly appreciated :)
  • azkunk
    Options
    So many breakthroughs and milestones last month. I hope I didn’t miss anyone. Congratulations @mszoueb (25lbs), @888Angie888 (40lbs), @Bluetail6 (40lb), @Beautyofdreams (75lbs & under 150), @lelbarou ((80lbs), @TheresaM787 (under 125), @Tazaria87 (under 175), @iradi8 (uner 175) & @garn76 (under 275)
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,511 Member
    Options
    @lelbarou
    Love all those steps and an awesome loss this week! Great insight on thoughts. I am sorry that someone did that to you.

@azkunk
    Sounds like you may have hit the dreaded plateau. Maybe the rower will be the change that gets things moving downhill again. You have a great attitude to take you through this bump.

@rwood566
    Take it easy! Try to give yourself a rest day each week.

@iradi8
    Good luck with your surgery. I will make sure you are excused for weigh in if need be.

@mszoueb
    Congrats on your log in streak!

@jimboden3
    Congrats on your loss! That is exciting on both your rower and vaccine.

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    Good luck on your 10 miles!
This discussion has been closed.