Weigh in week: Week 2
    Weigh in day: Friday
    PW: 218.6
    CW: 219.4
    LTD: 28.6
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,915 Member
    Options
    @AustinRuadhain Yeah, it was really helpful! Thank you for your kind thoughts. I truly appreciate them! I wish you well on the board meeting!

@Cornanda We talked to the vet and he said we will just try the stem cell drops. He checked the eye last night and said it is improving, so that's good! Best of luck moving the kids. Take care of YOU too!

@TeresaW1020 Thank you! <3 It sounds like you know what you need to do. Do you think that Easter bunny triggered you?

@TwistedSassette Not really, he's already wearing a cone of shame. But we are going to try just the stem cell drops for now, they seem to be working. Thank you for your kind thoughts. Yeah, I've never been good at labeling emotions so it's a real breakthrough of sorts for me to be able to label that overwhelmed feeling! I'm glad you had fun with your sister. Congrats on the loss! You are going down!

@caitlingfry Thank you so much! <3 I'm so very sorry about the positive test results. That sucks that you just got vaccinated. :( Yeah, I can see how you wouldn't have the desire to eat with no sense of taste. Hugs to you!

@Cornanda Definitely sending you hugs and (((( SKINNY VIBES ))))

@RYcare I'm glad you had a nice Easter. Sounds like you have another good "WHY" to get healthier.

@vegan4lyfe2012 Well, lol, my husband caught him rubbing his face against our bodies in the middle of the night! He does have a cone of shame on, but still, that can't be good! His eye IS getting better, thanks to the stem cell drops, so hopefully, he will stop messing with his eye so it can finish healing. Oh my gosh, Hunter IS sweet! How very thoughtful of her. How are you doing on the GREEN plan? I love it.

Hi all. I had a slight gain this week for which I am upset, but then I opened my email and saw this article: https://blog.myfitnesspal.com/the-big-connection-between-stress-and-weight-gain/ It made me take a step back and be a little more gentle with myself. I've had a stressful week, probably one of the most stressful in my life. I need to give myself a pass this week. BUT...I need to make sure and do what I need to do next week. I thought I did that this week, but I know there are areas I could have improved in.

My phrase for the year: CHANGE HAPPENS
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,584 Member
    Options
    @19shmoo69 Welcome back my friend!

@Caitlingfry I'm sorry to hear you have COVID! Take good care of yourself and spoil yourself a bit. What are you reading?

@TwistedSassette Glad you had a better day, sounds like everything went wrong a few days ago!

@leonadixon Happy belated birthday!

@TeresaW1020 No, I didn't get hurt, just felt really bad because my mom said to be careful and I was so worried about sitting I just did it after getting food. I know you can get back on track, you're too dedicated not to!

@AustinRuadhain Something tells me you rarely DON'T hit all your check marks! Do you grow your own food? I remember you compost, I just started doing that again.

@trooworld Oh my gosh, a cone won't work if your dog is licking the eye, what the heck? All I can think is a muzzle!

@RYCare Sounds like good things are happening in the family and you have a great goal to strive toward. I hope your parents have a fun trip and congratulations on your brother's wedding.

@vegan4lyfe2012 What an awesome, thoughtful gift from your daughter! I love that she did that. I'm reading Joe Hill by the way, do you like him?
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,584 Member
    Options
    @trooworld I definitely think stress plays a role in holding on to weight. I know I earned some of my weight gain but I've logged most the time and it shouldn't be as much as it is. I think eventually when things settle down our bodies will get back on track.

Hey team, sorry I haven't posted in a few days! My approval for the drug test finally went through so it's on Tuesday, then I can finally get the referral for the pain clinic and see if they have any ideas. Doing my usual workouts but I overdid it a few days ago and have been struggling pretty hard but I can't take anything that helps if I want to pass the drug test. I almost spaced that I can't have poppyseed dressing either which is my favorite, I flagged slightly positive on a drug test before and she asked if I'd eaten poppyseed muffins, I was clueless and it wasn't until the end of the appointment that it dawned on me I was eating two salads a day with a ton of dressing! I've had one bad night of eating but overall am eating at a deficit and feel good about it though my body's not changing at all. I also scheduled my endometrial biopsy the same day I got a callback on needing further breast imaging. Honestly, my life would be great if I was a boy, all my problems aside of my back surgery stem from being a girl!

We managed to get two of the cats on the leash yesterday, the other three sit in the doorway and watch so I may need to get a second especially because Asher cries to Jasper through the door. The hardest part is the harness goes over their head and they hate it, Jasper cried but he had fun once he was outside. My folks are coming by in a bit so I need to rush around and straighten up. My mom is badly allergic to cats (I am too but not like her thank goodness) so I need to do the best I can to de-cat a house with 4 cats! I'm still doing my usual workouts. Tomorrow I'm planting oak trees in a Folsom park, should be fun!
  • kellyisonamission
    kellyisonamission Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    @TeresaW1020
    Thanks! I mostly do CICO, I don’t usually do well with restrictive diets. I love being able to have treats as long as they fit into my calorie goal for the day. Me without chocolate is not pretty lol
    @caitlingfry
    Thanks! There are some decent parks locally that are nice but I typically exercise when my kiddos are sleeping (either 5 am gym or 8 pm walking/running) so I usually stick to my boring neighborhood which is made even more so since it’s dark out lol
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    @TwistedSassette Good for you for not touching those mini eggs!! Wow, that is great that you got to enjoy your sister’s casserole and the beers and still stay under your calorie goal. Way to work the system!! :grin:

@caitlingfry Uggghhh I am so sorry that you got exposed and tested positive. What a real bummer considering you just got your shot! So, you set yourself up for lots of self-care and let this virus run its course so you can heal as quickly as possible. I suppose you could look on the bright side that with no taste, you might lose a little extra weight. Just don’t touch the chocolate until you can taste it! <3

@Cornanda “A determined butt kicker” is exactly what I need to be. Thanks for that!! <3 Where are you going in the van?

@RYcare Yup, I totally agree that getting back on track as soon as possible is always better than throwing in the towel. And that is NOT happening!! I know that you will miss your parents, but how nice for them that they get to go back home, which they must have really missed. I have always wanted to go to Jerusalem! Maybe someday. :)

@19shmoo69 Welcome back to the team! What’s been going on that made you decide to come back to Fat2Fit and this team? How can we best support you? :)

@laurelfit67 Yeah losing a post is the worst. I always type mine up in a Word.doc so I don’t lose them. Good job on staying on track with your exercise and nutrition. That’s how progress is made! :)

@vegan4lyfe2012 What a wonderful gift your daughter gave you!! I know that having her support must make you feel great and even more motivated to stick to your plan. <3

@Katmary71 Poppyseed dressing is my favorite too! That is great that you got the approval for the drug test and hopefully will be able to get into the pain clinic. That has been a real battle for you for a long time now. I hope all goes well with the biopsy. Have fun planting trees!! :grin:

@trooworld Yup, stress is a real factor in how our bodies hold on to weight. So, just be kind to yourself and it will come off. I do think that the Easter bunny that I ate caused a trigger for me. It also didn’t help that I had yeast rolls for two days over Easter weekend and then a large chocolate shake and fries when we went shopping. I’m a sugar addict and once it’s in me it’s like an alien has taken over my body and willpower to say no. I did much better today at saying no. :)

Hi team! Well, as you can see by my weigh-in, I’ve gained this week and the only real surprise was that it wasn’t more. I’m sitting at zero for the month and that sucks, but I also have three more weeks to have a good loss for the month. I went to work this morning and there sat that evil bag of Easter chocolate candy, but I didn’t even go near it! I came home and made some scrambled eggs and cheese and feel much more in control, which is how I should be. Temptation is always going to be a part of our lives and learning how to maneuver through it is the biggest battle we will face as we strive to reach and stay at our weight goals.

APRIL GOALS
    Track using Carb Manager Pre-tracked my day first thing this morning!
    Stay under 30 total grams of Carbs Total carbs was 17 grams
    Clean Fast 19+ hours 19 hrs. 24 min. This was due to drinking wine later in the evening.
    Exercise 45+ minutes Cleaned the church
    Post on the Habit Tracker Daily I sure did…finally! :D
    2021 Word: TRANSFORMATION

:)
    8nqiajr8oa5g.jpg

• davors19
    davors19 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Username:davors19
    Weigh in day: Friday

PW: 270
    CW: 270
    LTD: 30
  • Jactop
    Jactop Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    @Jactop
    I am super impressed at how careful you are being about sugar. Hurray to your very inspiring consistency!
    Thanks. It's fear keeping me in line more than anything else. I'm afraid if I start eating sugar again I won't be able to reign it back in. I hope that feeling passes.

Thanks for posting the Plum Village link. I didn't know there was such a thing as non-chatty meditations. My hubby talks nonstop but after 30 years of marriage Ive learned how to tune him. Not so easy to do with a strangers voice so I found guided meditations more irritating than relaxing

Wow @davidji82 another great weigh in. Way to stay consistent.

@vegan4lyfe2012 the veggie gift bag was so sweet. I never thought of doing chick peas in the air frier. I'm going to give that a try.

@19shmoo69 welcome back. Miss your coffee posts.

@trooworld good job keeping it together despite your stress.

@TeresaW1020 you're such an inspiration. Nice to see you're getting back on track so quickly.

• laurelfit57
    laurelfit57 Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    @trooworld so glad the stem cell drops are working, the science/technology they have today really does amaze me! I’m so sorry that you’ve had such a tough week, sending lots of good thoughts your way!
    @caitlingfry so sorry you have tested positive!! Hopefully your symptoms will be mild.
    @TeresaW1020 Typing it up in a document is genius! I wish I would’ve thought of that!! When I fell last week, I guess I messed up my phone, so I was having issues with it. I took it in today and they reset everything:)
    What I saw on your tracker was your LTD - WOW!!
    @kellyisonamission I totally connect with what you’re saying. Restrictive diets do not work for me at all. 90% of the time I can stay on track and within my nutritional goals I. I need to be able to eat when I want to eat and have choices. Otherwise for me it just doesn’t work
  • fierce1alicia
    fierce1alicia Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Fierce1alicia

Weigh-in Day: Saturday

SW (3/23/2021): 319
    4/3/2021: 318.6
    4/10/2021:317
    4/17/2021:
    4/24/2021:
    5/1/2021:

• mlhopp93
    mlhopp93 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    mlhopp93
    HW -- 355
    Weigh in day Saturday

SW (3/27/2021): 260.6
    4/3/2021: 259.8 (-0.8)
    4/10/2021: 262.8 (+3.0)
    4/17/2021:
    4/24/2021:
    5/1/2021:

First gain week this year. Coming off spring break I tried an experiment to not weigh daily. I've read a lot on both the positives and negatives of daily weigh ins and thought I'd try it to see if I could shake up my recent slow loss rate. Well I did -- but went the wrong way. Completely my fault -- fell back into bad routines with food choices, timing of eating, eating for the wrong reasons. So many bad things all wrapped up in one week. But I resolve to get back on the horse. Historically this is when I abandon my plan and tell myself that I'll start focusing next week, next month, never.....and I then I go into a cycle of gaining weight. Not this time. I'm reminding myself I've lost almost 30 pounds since the beginning of the year and almost 95 pounds since my heaviest on 9/1/2020.

This week is a good reminder that I need to bring my game every day because my body is often times trying to fight me to shed weight. Calorie deficit can tell the body to fight off starvation mode and hang on to every calorie.

Several NSV during spring break the week before -- didn't have to skip any rides at the theme parks because I didn't fit. Kept up on all of the walking and didn't have to take breaks. Lots more to celebrate than worry about overall.

But next week I am going back to daily weigh ins -- for me it helps to set the tone for the day and reminds me about the journey I'm on.

Hope everyone has a great weekend.
  • Firefly743
    Firefly743 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Firefly743
    ***Weigh In***
    PW: 265.6
    CW: 264.6
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,915 Member
    Options
    @Katmary71 I know! He's a weird dog. ;) A muzzle might be a good idea but he has a short snout (he's a pug) and they are hard to fit on him. Plus, he wouldn't be able to drink water. He's not licking his eyeball constantly, so I think he's going to be okay. I agree about the stress, things will calm down EVENTUALLY! That's great that you got the approval for the drug test. I hope you can get some help. I love when I see cats outside on leashes, it's such a nice way to let them get fresh air and still be safe!

@TeresaW1020 That's great that you had a better eating day. Well done! You are right: temptation IS going to be around us all the time. That's what I keep telling myself about work food...I can't stop it from being there so I may as well get control!

@19shmoo69 It's easy to let frustration take over when things are going bad, I think that happens to many of us at some point in our lives. Welcome back! <3

@Jactop LOL about your husband! ;) Thanks! That's great you are doing "me" time. We all deserve that and forget sometimes. Awesome that you are finding IF working for you. What great NSVs! Are you keeping track of your NSVs? I encourage you to write them down in a notebook or on the computer in a document or even just in your phone, so when you are having a bad day, you can look back on them and get a boost! You are doing awesome, keep up the great efforts.

@laurelfit57 Me too! And yes, I never imagined stem cell drops being an option! Thank you for the good thoughts, I appreciate them! <3

@fierce1alicia Great weigh-in!

@mlhopp93 That's very insightful to realize you need to weigh every day. I didn't use to be a daily weigher, but I find it helps keep me on track. Great NSVs. I can relate to the theme park NSVs...I've stopped going to them because I don't have the energy to last all day and ride the rides. You are doing great, this is just a blip on your weight loss journey. Keep doing what works, you've got this!

@Firefly743 Great job on the scale!

Hello all. Happy Saturday. I'm not doing too much but I am hoping to take my husband on a nice long walk at one of our local lakes. I also am looking forward to picking up a book that I ordered from a local bookstore.

My phrase for the year: CHANGE HAPPENS
  • Jactop
    Jactop Posts: 691 Member
    edited April 2021
    Options
    @Firefly743 and @fierce1alicia nice weigh ins!

@mlhopp93 that's awesome about the theme park rides. Not fitting on a ride always caused me some major anxiety.

And Wow!!! 30 lbs since the start of the year that's impressive. Sounds like you'll have that slight gain in the rearview in no time.

@trooworld thanks for the tip about making a list of NSVs. I have a journal I've been tracking in for over a year. At the beginning I made a list of how crappy I felt and all the reasons I didn't like being overweight which I read occasionally. I'll keep track of my NSVs in there as well. Sometimes they slip by unnoticed so it will be inspiring to keep track.
  • broncobuddee
    broncobuddee Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    4u7c4vb33xgg.jpg

Lot's of missing numbers this week - hopefully it's just everyone enjoying spring break. :smile: Apologies if I missed your post!

@laurelfit57
    @vegan4lyfe2012
    @eahrenee
    @Jactop
    @naturalle9
    @raleighgirl09
    @Cornanda
    @gwamajtw91

And then due today:

@bmotisko
    @caitlingfry
    @digger61